PDA

View Full Version : Lets start talking OFF-SEASON

bena91489
05-08-2010, 12:05 AM
my opinion on this offseason... dont resign anyone who is going to be a free agent. NO BONNER, NO MASON, NO MAHINMI, NO BOGANS, and PRAY for NO JEFFERSON!

Reload the entire bench! Do all you can to get Splitter over here! Pick up players who actually have or look like they have potential to be somewhat good in games. When watching mason and bogans and bonner, they look even worse then the scrubs who play on every other team in the NBA. Look for more OFFENSE, YOUTH, and SPEED!

I want to know your ideas....:flag::lobt::flag:

mexicanjunior
05-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Since we blew getting a lottery pick...

Sign Splitter and hope for the best out of our low end pick. Bogans, Bonner and Mason should be gone...give legit chances to Hairston and Temple next year.

MaNu4Tres
05-08-2010, 12:07 AM
*See Think Tank forum*

My 2 cents b4 the lock..

bena91489
05-08-2010, 12:26 AM
SPLITTER is just about on top of every spurs fans' lists

MarceloM!
05-08-2010, 12:28 AM
We need George Hill and Thiago Splitter, Trade Jefferson. Manu and Tim cand still do ther things and i don't know what to do with Tony Parker... I support Bonner too.

I <3 SPURS
05-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Keep Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Hill, McDyess, Hairston, Temple, Blair, Mahinmi. Let Bonner, Mason, Bogans walk, Bring in Splitter, sign a center in Free Agency, someone like Przybilla, Haywood. Get a decent rookie a SF.

McDyess/Splitter/Haywood-Przybilla?
Duncan/Blair
??/Hairston
Manu/Hill
Parker/Temple??

bena91489
05-08-2010, 12:39 AM
I just dont see the potential in Mahinmi... get someone else to replace him please!

Ditty
05-08-2010, 12:43 AM
thiago splitter? that made my night haha

jjvalerieD
05-08-2010, 12:53 AM
I do know one thing-Jefferson must go!He's totally not suit for Spurs.

bena91489
05-08-2010, 01:00 AM
agree with you on RJ... tell him hes not wanted and make him feel like he should opt out

bena91489
05-08-2010, 01:39 AM

noob cake
05-08-2010, 01:43 AM
Keep Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Hill, McDyess, Hairston, Temple, Blair, Mahinmi. Let Bonner, Mason, Bogans walk, Bring in Splitter, sign a center in Free Agency, someone like Przybilla, Haywood. Get a decent rookie a SF.

McDyess/Splitter/Haywood-Przybilla?
Duncan/Blair
??/Hairston
Manu/Hill
Parker/Temple??

Stanley Robinson or Damien Jones. Within reach and Pops would actually play them because they are both college seniors.

I <3 SPURS
05-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah I really like Stanley Robinson. He can be our version of Gerald Wallace. A long SF that can guard players like Dirk, Stoudemire come playoff time.

NFGIII
05-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Yeah I really like Stanley Robinson. He can be our version of Gerald Wallace. A long SF that can guard players like Dirk, Stoudemire come playoff time.

If he is that good then I doubt that he is available when the Spurs pick.

But if he is and you are correct then that would be a steal.

The FO comes through again!

Bender
05-08-2010, 01:13 PM
I'd be surprised if we could get rid of RJ this summer. I bet we will have to pay a good chunk of his upcoming salary before someone will take him in a trade.

Would be great if we could though.

boutons_deux
05-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Sounds like RJ won't opt out, since that would certainly mean giving up many $Ms.

So at best we're stuck with him until the next trade deadline to be sent away as a salary dump. But who would come in the trade?

bdictjames
05-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Jefferson should just really opt out and go back to NJ. We need a real big man, a 7 footer beside Timmy.

BackHome
05-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Well Ian sucks = gone
Bogans not a great defender no potential = gone
Mason no defense can not create own shot = gone
Bonner ? If he wants to sign real cheap decent bench player
RJ sucks in half court offense = 15 million reasons he won't be gone next year.

NEEDS:

1. We need Splitter or any decent center who can rebound and defend.
2. We need a PF taller then 6'7 who can run and keep up with teams like Suns..etc.
3. We need a SF who can play pick and roll and create own shot and play defense.

bena91489
05-08-2010, 02:51 PM
I really believe we could get a HUGE return for a trade with TP and RJ in it... a big man and a sharp shooting SG or PG... but it would have to be good for TP

dbestpro
05-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Gone: Mason, Bogans, Bonner, Hairston, RJ, Parker, Ian

I like Ian, but e deserves better than Pop.

I list Parker because he may need to go to bring back a package of players. Perhaps a package that includes RJ. Hairston is just an inferior product do to poor shooting.

Portland could be an interesting trade partner. Anybody interested in Oden?

SilverSpur
05-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Let Jefferson opt out. Get rid of Mahinimi, Temple. Bring over Tiago. Draft and sign Athletic players. Someone that can jump, block shots, rebound and DUNK! on people. I am so sick of Duncan and his baby shit layup that doesnt go in. Dunk the damn ball when you are a foot away from the basket already.

In my opinion I would love to see the Spurs draft Willie Warren out of Oklahoma. He can shoot, drive and dunk on people. Stop and think about it, when this guy is in his second and third season Ginobili and Parker wil be that much older and then everyone is going to want to draft a guard to replace them. Do it now so he can learn from are guards now.

Imagine Hill and Blair next year. They will be seasoned players that will bring along the rookies.

Give Malik Harrison more playing time! He is another George Hill waiting to be found. If Parker dosent go down late in the season to give Hill much needed playing time we would of lost to the Mavericks.

Last of all someone tell the Spurs to learn how to hold on to a twenty point lead and defend when there is 3.5 seconds on the clock. I am so sick of giving up big leads and last seconds shots that come back to bite us on the ass.

bena91489
05-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Is there any way that we could get back Stephen Jackson???