PDA

View Full Version : I have a few things to say

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2010, 02:06 AM
1) Thank you most of the Spurs fans who have given credit to the Suns. A lot of this has to with the Spurs decline, but you guys have made plenty of comments about how the Suns have gotten better.

2) It was a good run for you guys. The Tim Duncan Spurs will be on ESPN Classic for a long time.

3) This is the biggest point I wanted to make - any Spurs fan who can hate on Popovich after that press conference and not appreciate all he's done for your team doesn't deserve what the Spurs have brought their fan base. Suns fans had to watch Mike D'antoni's egocentric, selfish ass jerk the Suns around while their window was still open, then bolt for New York and leave the team with a shitstorm to mop up after years of terrible decision making from him. The one conclusion anyone can draw from that press conference is that Greg Popovich did absolutely everything he could to deliver ring #5, and feels disappointed and dejected for being unable to do so. If Alvan Gentry can just deliver 1 championship to the Suns, the entire city of Phoenix would worship him forever.

birdy219
05-08-2010, 02:12 AM
Nice post and all, but Stern ain't having it bro. He must have his pet series. He didn't get it last year. They all ready have the commercials ready. But I will pull for you, but LA is just too big for you. But I will say if you shoot nearly 58% in 3's on their home court, then you might have a chance. Amar'e, hill, and richardson won't be on the court long because of foul trouble. But good luck anyway.

I have been saying this since October. Stern will get his dream match up and he probably wants lebron to win. We'll see if Orlando or you guys will change that plan. :bang :flag:

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2010, 02:13 AM
This has nothing to do with LA, I'm more than prepared to get massacred.

4>0rings
05-08-2010, 02:13 AM
STFU you trolling faggot.

Fpoonsie
05-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Yeah, that thread was embarrassing.

As an aside, I'd LOVE to see Hill finally ring. He's been a favorite player of mine ever since his days in Detroit. Seeing him play like he is right now only makes me think of what could've been w/ him had he not had so many injury-plagued seasons.

Blackjack
05-08-2010, 02:31 AM
I couldn't bring myself to watch the presser. I've been hiding out here to numb the pain -- I haven't watched or listened to a sports show since the Spurs lost Game 2 (not that I carry any sort of baggage from this silly, meaningless game played by absurdly rich and athletic freaks -- my daily posts should prove just how inconsequential this team is to my life).

But props to your Suns for turning the corner. And, even if they're not beating the championship Spurs, it's still says something to go up 3-0 on a team that's had such a mental edge over you. Most notably, the talent, temperament, and mindset it takes accomplish such a feat -- they did what good teams are supposed to do.

As a Spurs fan, there's just no great animosity towards the Suns ... because it's never truly been a rivalry on the court. That's not a slight, just a fact -- the Mavs were nothing but a pesky little brother until '06. And even now, barring a miraculous Spurs comeback (and I'm sure there are still a few Suns fans not ready to celebrate just yet), I'm just not all that upset that the Suns are the team that will send the Spurs home. Maybe it's seeing my boy Kerr having success and the way they've gone about building, but I will honestly root for them moving forward -- which will be a first for me, as I never root for anyone but the Spurs.

I won't say congrats yet, as it'd be premature. But I will give props and say it's been perfectly clear why the Suns are a 3-seed and Spurs are a 7.

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2010, 02:45 AM
To clarify if perhaps I'm one of those guys you think is bashing Pop, I have nothing but respect for him. He's one of the best coaches of all-time and I personally think he's the best coach in the league (Jackson is overrated). I obviously wouldn't want any other man to be the Spurs coach, I just don't think the strategy was the best for this series, I don't think he made the best adjustments, but it could also be the players failing to carry them out all the way.

peskypesky
05-08-2010, 02:46 AM
To clarify if perhaps I'm one of those guys you think is bashing Pop, I have nothing but respect for him. He's one of the best coaches of all-time and I personally think he's the best coach in the league (Jackson is overrated).

my left big toe could coach better than Pop. he's a moron.

blkroadrunners
05-08-2010, 02:52 AM
Nice post and all, but Stern ain't having it bro. He must have his pet series. He didn't get it last year. They all ready have the commercials ready. But I will pull for you, but LA is just too big for you. But I will say if you shoot nearly 58% in 3's on their home court, then you might have a chance. Amar'e, hill, and richardson won't be on the court long because of foul trouble. But good luck anyway.

I have been saying this since October. Stern will get his dream match up and he probably wants lebron to win. We'll see if Orlando or you guys will change that plan. :bang :flag:

A Suns/Magic matchup would be entertaining.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-08-2010, 02:59 AM
Props to the Suns, but I still hate them more than any other team and can not and will not root for them, even if it is against the Fakers.

Blackjack
05-08-2010, 03:05 AM
How could you possibly hate the Suns more than the Lakers or Mavericks?

Obstructed_View
05-08-2010, 03:33 AM
I hate the crying complaining Suns fans, but I don't particularly hate the Suns themselves, particularly since Gentry's taken over. While I still don't think that Steve Nash deserved either of his MVP trophies, it's pretty clear now that he's built himself a hall of fame resume to go with that hardware. He's also doing an excellent job of doing what he's always done in the playoffs and in pressure situations, only now he's doing it on a team that doesn't whine about every single whistle, and instead puts their head down and goes at their opponent on both ends. Frankly, the Suns look more like the championship Spurs than the Spurs have, getting hustle rebounds, hitting timely shots, and answering the opponent's runs. Previous Suns teams would have lost by 35 after being down 18 early to the Spurs.

I'm not ashamed of the effort the Spurs are giving, and I'm on record for why I think the Spurs find themselves in this position. The fact remains that they're overmatched by a team that's been as good as anyone in the league since the all-star break, and they're showing it now. I don't think most Suns fans deserve a championship team, but it's looking like they've got a chance at having one.

UnWantedTheory
05-08-2010, 03:47 AM
I dont hate the Suns at all, but I dont believe they have a high percentage chance at making the finals, let alone a championship. Good luck to them though. It would be a very entertaining Finals with them in it.

MateoNeygro
05-08-2010, 03:51 AM
damnit.

WalterBenitez
05-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Nice comments, Suns are prepared to run for rings ... Nash is amazing, the rest of the crew are skilled and understand its system ... only concern is that Amare keep his mind in order ... I see him pretty close to lose his coolness in every single move.

Spurs Brazil
05-08-2010, 08:54 AM
props DUNCANownsKOBE and to the Suns

I didn't see much of the Suns this season so I thought the Spurs would win this series but the Suns is playing great. I think you have a great chance of beating LA

It would be nice to see guys like Nash and Hill in the finals

samikeyp
05-08-2010, 09:00 AM
1) Thank you most of the Spurs fans who have given credit to the Suns. A lot of this has to with the Spurs decline, but you guys have made plenty of comments about how the Suns have gotten better.

2) It was a good run for you guys. The Tim Duncan Spurs will be on ESPN Classic for a long time.

3) This is the biggest point I wanted to make - any Spurs fan who can hate on Popovich after that press conference and not appreciate all he's done for your team doesn't deserve what the Spurs have brought their fan base. Suns fans had to watch Mike D'antoni's egocentric, selfish ass jerk the Suns around while their window was still open, then bolt for New York and leave the team with a shitstorm to mop up after years of terrible decision making from him. The one conclusion anyone can draw from that press conference is that Greg Popovich did absolutely everything he could to deliver ring #5, and feels disappointed and dejected for being unable to do so. If Alvan Gentry can just deliver 1 championship to the Suns, the entire city of Phoenix would worship him forever.

:toast

TheProfessor
05-08-2010, 09:26 AM
STFU you trolling faggot.
He's telling it like it is. It's pathetic to watch supposed Spurs' fans turn on this team with such vitriol, and especially on Pop.

VBM
05-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Suns vs. Magic would be the best series I could hope for...anyone but LA - Cleveland. If Duncan's stuck on 4, I want Shaq and Kobe to follow suit. Probably won't happen though

rayray2k8
05-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Had the series gone the other way around I honestly didn't think we could beat the lakers.
So why not just give the suns a chance? Not even pissed off about it. The one team that is pissed are the Dallas Mavericks. :lol
Be joining ya'll soon bitches.

leemajors
05-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Good post. Suns have played great. It sucks to see such a great effort from the other side, but it's hard not to admire it.

Capt Bringdown
05-08-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm not forgeting all the crying Nash and his fanboys did over his preposterous flop, aka known as the Horry hip check. It's kinda hard for me to root for them after that. I wouldn't mind seeing them throughly dismantled by the Lakers. I don't think the Suns or their fans would mind either, their NBA finals was beating us.

I give them credit for thoroughly outplaying us in this series, but methinks they are playing above their heads. Way, way above. However, if they can continue playing at this level, then the sky's the limit for them this year. Truly.

daslicer
05-08-2010, 10:26 AM
How could you possibly hate the Suns more than the Lakers or Mavericks?

That is something I just don't get because both teams are clearly much more hateable then the Suns. Their bandwagon fans are also much much more hateable then sunsfans well atleast the sunsfans in this forum have substance while those 2 teams fanbases have nothing to add. I laugh when spur fans say congrads but I hope the Lakers beat you guys. I can't get any joy out of seeing the Lakers beat the suns because I just truly despise the gay purple and gold show. I will be rooting for the suns to beat the lakers.