PDA

View Full Version : Funny how suns fans with a 36 year old nash think their window is open

SinBAD
05-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Sun fans are just happy to finally have beaten the spurs.This is nash's first time to beat the spurs so he can retire a happy man.Suns though have no future really.Amare is great but not a franchise player.Nash will only get older.He wont play forever.Dragic isnt that good either.He just kept scoring because pop is stubborn and kept switching on the P& R.

Suns will never win a ring.You need more of a makeover than the spurs.
The spurs just need a PF who can block and some perimeter D.Spurs got swept by LA in 2002 and realized their team was old and came back and won it in 2003.Back then we still had a young Duncan.Tim though is stil very productive so we just need some tweaks and we can compete next year.We wont win a championship.The windown is offcially shut for all the west.Its gonna be all east for the next 3 to 4 years.I dont see anyone beating Lebron and dwight except Durant in a couple years

j.dizzle
05-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Sun fans are just happy to finally have beaten the spurs.This is nash's first time to beat the spurs so he can retire a happy man.Suns though have no future really.Amare is great but not a franchise player.Nash will only get older.He wont play forever.Dragic isnt that good either.He just kept scoring because pop is stubborn and kept switching on the P& R.

The spurs just need a PF who can block and some perimeter D.Spurs got swept by LA in 2002 and realized their team was old and came back and won it in 2003.Back then we still had a young Duncan.Tim though is stil very productive so we just need some tweaks and we can compete next year.We wont win a championship.The windown is offcially shut for all the west.Its gonna be all east for the next 3 to 4 years.I dont see anyone beating Lebron and dwight except Durant in a couple years
Does typing this make you feel better?:lol

SinBAD
05-08-2010, 05:31 AM
you lakers fans honeslty think you still have a chance?Kobe is not Kobe anymore, you have no bench and your only good player outside Kobe is gasol.You will beat the suns but orlando or The cavs will finish you in 5 or 6 i promise.Next year Kobe will be 33.We already saw him get owned by durant in the playoffs.Kobe is where Tim is.Can be productive but can no longer be the foundation.You need bosh if you are to stay elite.sorry bro

baseline bum
05-08-2010, 05:31 AM

A real non-bandwagon Spurs fan like yourself should know the 2002 series with LA went 5 games, with the Spurs winning game 2 in Staples Center.

Ghazi
05-08-2010, 05:34 AM
how can you predict the next 3-4 years?

However it's undeniable the balance of power is shifting from West to East... because the 3 best players in the NBA are Bron, Whistle, and Howard.

SinBAD
05-08-2010, 05:37 AM
sorry Typo.I meant 2001 we got swept, 2002 we lost in 5.

j.dizzle
05-08-2010, 05:44 AM
you lakers fans honeslty think you still have a chance?Kobe is not Kobe anymore, you have no bench and your only good player outside Kobe is gasol.You will beat the suns but orlando or The cavs will finish you in 5 or 6 i promise.Next year Kobe will be 33.We already saw him get owned by durant in the playoffs.Kobe is where Tim is.Can be productive but can no longer be the foundation.You need bosh if you are to stay elite.sorry bro
:lol The same durant that shot 35%? Good posts son.

gm5k
05-08-2010, 05:51 AM
the good side of me wants to root for the Suns after they finish us off pretty soon here. evil side of me wants to see LA absolutely destroy them. still not sure who I'll root for... :downspin:

pauls931
05-08-2010, 07:19 AM
This thread makes me want to change my avatar to a broom... Anyway, suns have a 0 chance of beating LA, not because of Kobe, but because of their 3 towers.

Nahtanoj
05-08-2010, 07:38 AM
suns have a 0 chance of beating LA, not because of Kobe, but because of their 3 towers.

lol? You know how stupid you just sounded?

pauls931
05-08-2010, 07:41 AM
lol? You know how stupid you just sounded?

Kobe cant' carry that team, it's all Gasol and interior defense. Guess you must be reverse jinxing or as intelligent as the average laker fan.

Nahtanoj
05-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Kobe cant' carry that team, it's all Gasol and interior defense. Guess you must be reverse jinxing or as intelligent as the average laker fan.

I guess you're just regurgitating media crap. It's okay.. I forgive you.

djohn2oo8
05-08-2010, 08:51 AM
OP Butthurtness is on high alert

resistanze
05-08-2010, 08:59 AM
http://rookery4.aviary.com/storagev12/2068000/2068059_701a_625x625.jpg

Giuseppe
05-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Anyway, suns have a 0 chance of beating LA, not because of Kobe, but because of their 3 towers.

I can't believe the Sunsdom on this Board tossin' the towel already. Either they're being facetious, or, they're flakey.

djohn2oo8
05-08-2010, 09:11 AM
I can't believe the Sunsdom on this Board tossin' the towel already. Either they're being facetious, or, they're flakey.

I don't know, maybe they are trying to reverse jinx?

JMarkJohns
05-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Suns got their asses handed to them twice in November and early December, beat the Lakers handily in late December, and barely lost in March. It'll be interesting to see which is truer. The one win came with Lopez, who could be back, and came against a healthy Lakers, only without Artest. The last loss, however, was in Phoenix and the Suns were healthy and the Lakers were missing Bynum, so I'm not sure what to make of this.

Lakers have the horses to run with the Suns, and their "going small still bring a SG-C lineup measuring 6-7, 6-9, 6-10 and 7-0. That's taller than the Suns bring. If Lopez is back, the series holds interest as a competitive one. Without Lopez, the Suns shooting is going to have to continue, because they aren't out-rebounding the Lakers like they are the Spurs, so these double-figure second chance totals will be halved for what they score vs. San Antonio, and likely doubled for what they give up vs. these Spurs.

The magic number seems to be 35% from 3-point range. If they shoot it, they'll be in the game at the end. If they miss it, more than likely they lose unless Lope is back to help shore up the rebounding and interior defense.

Goran Dragic
05-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Suns got their asses handed to them twice in November and early December, beat the Lakers handily in late December, and barely lost in March. It'll be interesting to see which is truer. The one win came with Lopez, who could be back, and came against a healthy Lakers, only without Artest. The last loss, however, was in Phoenix and the Suns were healthy and the Lakers were missing Bynum, so I'm not sure what to make of this.

Lakers have the horses to run with the Suns, and their "going small still bring a SG-C lineup measuring 6-7, 6-9, 6-10 and 7-0. That's taller than the Suns bring. If Lopez is back, the series holds interest as a competitive one. Without Lopez, the Suns shooting is going to have to continue, because they aren't out-rebounding the Lakers like they are the Spurs, so these double-figure second chance totals will be halved for what they score vs. San Antonio, and likely doubled for what they give up vs. these Spurs.

The magic number seems to be 35% from 3-point range. If they shoot it, they'll be in the game at the end. If they miss it, more than likely they lose unless Lope is back to help shore up the rebounding and interior defense.

They weren't missing Bynum in that last matchup at home, he was maybe their top performer. In that game Phoenix lost largely cause they missed a lot of open jumpers after LA started to key in on Amare down low. It sucks that this will need to happen, but if the Suns want to win this series:

Lopez needs to comeback healthy
J-Rich needs to score 20+ in almost every game and make Kobe work on D
Nash needs to torch Fisher
Amare needs to torch Gasol
Phoenix's bench needs to skull fuck LA's bench
Fisher and Artest need to suck and fuck up LA's spacing
The Suns need to find a way to steal game 1

Giuseppe
05-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Nash has been deeper than this. He's been two victories into the WCFs, but, no further.

crc21209
05-08-2010, 11:01 AM
how can you predict the next 3-4 years?

However it's undeniable the balance of power is shifting from West to East... because the 3 best players in the NBA are Bron, Whistle, and Howard.

+1. And what sucks is that other than the Cavs, Magic, and Celtics, there are literally NO threats to them in the East. Those 3 teams (moreso the Magic and Cavs) are going to roll into the ECF's for years to come unless some other team does something and puts together a damn good roster. Because lets face it, from 4-8 or 5-8 the East is a complete joke compared to the first 3 in the East. The West from 1-9 even 10 is a dog fight every night...

resistanze
05-08-2010, 11:14 AM
+1. And what sucks is that other than the Cavs, Magic, and Celtics, there are literally NO threats to them in the East. Those 3 teams (moreso the Magic and Cavs) are going to roll into the ECF's for years to come unless some other team does something and puts together a damn good roster. Because lets face it, from 4-8 or 5-8 the East is a complete joke compared to the first 3 in the East. The West from 1-9 even 10 is a dog fight every night...

Is it really a dog fight in the West? It looks like this year the Lakers are going to come out of the West, yet again. The Lakers and Spurs have won the West 10 out of the past 11 seasons.

The regular season records might be close in the West, but we can almost predict what's going to happen in the playoffs.

Cane
05-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Considering the Suns have a young center with a bad back, no real guarantee that Amar'e is sticking around and Nash is ancient...their championship window is barely open if at all. I realize that beating the Spurs is a huge accomplishment for the Suns considering the history but beyond this series I don't think their near future is bright unfortunately. And I absolutely hate Kobe's Lakers.

Even this year I see them losing to LA since they don't have anything to stop LA's frontcourt (Portland and the Spurs don't have young and athletic 7 footers). Suns do have much better depth, quickness, and 3 point range but also won't have HCA.

Goran Dragic
05-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Even this year I see them losing to LA since they don't have anything to stop LA's frontcourt.

Really, you do now? Tell us more Mr. Basketball.

Giuseppe
05-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Duncan, donning his Goran Dragic balls and acting like somebody else with balls.

Goran Dragic
05-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Btw this thread wreaks of butt hurt. No one said the championship window was open, this was meant to be Steve Kerr's transition team while they rebuilt, if Amare doesn't resign, they're just in bad shape altogether. If Amare does resign, they're probably another marquee player away from contention. My pipe dream scenario is them using the cap space they'll have in 2011 to sign Melo.

j-money24
05-08-2010, 02:01 PM
:lol The same durant that shot 35%? Good posts son.

This is what i dont get...
How did Kobe get owned by Durant... When Durant shot worse than the injured Kobe.