PDA

View Full Version : Crow dinner for me - Alvin Gentry... Anyone else sitting down with me?

Kamnik
05-08-2010, 05:53 PM
I thought this guy was a really bad coach... and I repeated that again and again. (with some harsh words)

I still believe he should play Goran a few minutes more during the regular season but obviously this guy is doing something right for the Suns to have 9 players contributing (10 if Lopez wouldn't be injured) on regular basis in the playoffs.

So respect to Gentry. He maybe looks even a better coach than he actually is because Jim Carrey was awful in the 1st round.

I thought Spurs would win this in 5... Guess not.

SomeCallMeTim
05-08-2010, 06:40 PM
I thought this guy was a really bad coach... and I repeated that again and again. (with some harsh words)

I still believe he should play Goran a few minutes more during the regular season but obviously this guy is doing something right for the Suns to have 9 players contributing (10 if Lopez wouldn't be injured) on regular basis in the playoffs.

So respect to Gentry. He maybe looks even a better coach than he actually is because Jim Carrey was awful in the 1st round.

I thought Spurs would win this in 5... Guess not.

No disrespect to Gentry, but I guess I'm just not seeing the genius in him.

I give him credit for having a very good team playing like one.

But this guy wore out his welcome in Detroit and LA... this is his first real taste of success in a lot of years coaching.

Not saying he couldn't convince me otherwise if he keeps this team in contention for a while but I think the more likely scenario is the team dropping back to mediocrity as several of their key pieces are already on borrowed time. When that happens, I think all the Genius Gentry talk will quietly disappear and the Fire Gentry chant will return.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2010, 06:42 PM
No disrespect to Gentry, but I guess I'm just not seeing the genius in him.

I give him credit for having a very good team playing like one.

But this guy wore out his welcome in Detroit and LA... this is his first real taste of success in a lot of years coaching.

Not saying he couldn't convince me otherwise if he keeps this team in contention for a while but I think the more likely scenario is the team dropping back to mediocrity as several of their key pieces are already on borrowed time. When that happens, I think all the Genius Gentry talk will quietly disappear and the Fire Gentry chant will return.

Gentry is getting praise because he's doing what D'antoni and Porter couldn't do.

Giuseppe
05-08-2010, 06:42 PM
When he wins the last game played next month then he'll have accomplished something.

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Beating the 6th and 7th seed isn't hard when you're the three seed come back if he doesn't get curbstomped by LA

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Beating the 6th and 7th seed isn't hard when you're the three seed come back if he doesn't get curbstomped by LA

I don't think anyone expected the Suns to be the 3 seed this year, he took a team that missed the playoffs last year and has them about to go to the WCF. It's not like coaching a team to 54 wins and getting the 3 seed is easy.

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I don't think anyone expected the Suns to be the 3 seed this year, he took a team that missed the playoffs last year and has them about to go to the WCF. It's not like coaching a team to 54 wins and getting the 3 seed is easy.
Look at all the shit teams there were in the WC Spurs, injured Portland, Nuggets when they lost their coach, injured Jazz, not mentally ready OKC. Not hard to be a 3rd seed when you're playing against that field.

Giuseppe
05-08-2010, 06:55 PM
not mentally ready OKC.

They were fine 'till Kobe ran Westbrook off.

tee, hee.

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2010, 06:58 PM
They were fine 'till Kobe ran Westbrook off.

tee, hee.

Talkin bout standings pedo

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Look at all the shit teams there were in the WC Spurs, injured Portland, Nuggets when they lost their coach, injured Jazz, not mentally ready OKC. Not hard to be a 3rd seed when you're playing against that field.
The Spurs were healthy, the Suns were healthy. In the preseason, if someone asked you who wins a Suns Spurs series this year, I'm willing to bet you pick Spurs easily. The Suns were better than expected this year, and Gentry has done a lot of things D'antoni never did.

The way Spurfan has gone from "lol Suns, this will be an easy series, lets get ready for LA in the WCF" to "haha you guys beat a 7 seed, what's the big deal, it's not like you're winning a championship :lmao" is funny, but it's something that was easily predictable.

Giuseppe
05-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Talkin bout standings pedo

I feel honored anytime I can drag fancy pants Wreck off his f'in high horse and down into the cesspool.

lmcontrollinao!

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2010, 07:16 PM
The Spurs were healthy, the Suns were healthy. In the preseason, if someone asked you who wins a Suns Spurs series this year, I'm willing to bet you pick Spurs easily. The Suns were better than expected this year, and Gentry has done a lot of things D'antoni never did.

The way Spurfan has gone from "lol Suns, this will be an easy series, lets get ready for LA in the WCF" to "haha you guys beat a 7 seed, what's the big deal, it's not like you're winning a championship :lmao" is funny, but it's something that was easily predictable.
The Spurs were shit this year, I'm not gonna lie, I bought into the hype, but they were the seventh seed for a reason, and ironically they are playing like a 7th seed

I feel honored anytime I can drag fancy pants Wreck off his f'in high horse and down into the cesspool.

lmcontrollinao!

High horse? Since when do i talk down to anyone about name calling and shit? I thought pedo was your shtick, i was just acknowledging you shtick.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-08-2010, 07:18 PM
The Spurs were shit this year, I'm not gonna lie, I bought into the hype, but they were the seventh seed for a reason, and ironically they are playing like a 7th seed

And the Suns are playing like a 3 seed, something no one thought this roster was capable of doing.

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2010, 07:22 PM
And the Suns are playing like a 3 seed, something no one thought this roster was capable of doing.

In the beginning of the season maybe, but i'd never be surprised when a tree seed plays like a 3 seed against a seventh seed.

Giuseppe
05-08-2010, 07:29 PM
High horse? Since when do i talk down to anyone about name calling and shit? I thought pedo was your shtick, i was just acknowledging you shtick.

Your apology is duly noted, chickenshit.

Pero
05-08-2010, 07:58 PM
In the beginning of the season maybe, but i'd never be surprised when a tree seed plays like a 3 seed against a seventh seed.

Hm, it should be really interesting when tree seeds will start playing basketball and get in the NBA playoffs.

N4th4n
05-08-2010, 07:59 PM

BTW how is that suns offense doing against that Juggernaut spurs defense? What about that shitty suns defense? It really sucks that they keep getting abused by the spurs offense. Good thing the spurs started hitting their layups.

pauls931
05-08-2010, 08:18 PM

Weak.... Everyone knows that 2-7 were all within a couple games of one and other.

TheProfessor
05-08-2010, 08:40 PM
I like my crow medium well.

duhoh
05-08-2010, 11:30 PM
BTW how is that suns offense doing against that Juggernaut spurs defense? What about that shitty suns defense? It really sucks that they keep getting abused by the spurs offense. Good thing the spurs started hitting their layups.

that's been MIA for quite a while son. :lol

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2010, 12:37 AM

Don't recall ever referring to the Spurs defense as "juggernaut" you must have my post confused with some suns fans post as he used the word "juggernaut" also playing "war of attrition" defense won't fly against a team better than them. They'll actually have to try against the lakers. Also point to me where i said the suns defense was shitty

Kamnik
05-09-2010, 03:00 AM
Wtf guys... everyone knows 2-7 seed were really close. Even 8th seed would be completely equal if they wouldn't have so many injuries.

duhoh
05-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Wtf guys... everyone knows 2-7 seed were really close. Even 8th seed would be completely equal if they wouldn't have so many injuries.

who in OKC was injured?

unless you talking about the other teams that didn't make it?

EmptyMan
05-09-2010, 10:17 AM
I say mmmmmmmkkkk after every one of his sentences

Do it next time you hear him give a team speech.

Giuseppe
05-09-2010, 10:22 AM
who in OKC was injured?

Artest broke Durant's ass and Kobe broke Westbrook's manhood, like in half.

duhoh
05-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Artest broke Durant's ass and Kobe broke Westbrook's manhood, like in half.

touche :lol

Budkin
05-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Once I heard that he and Pop went way back and actually worked together I wasn't surprised.