PDA

View Full Version : Barrea, Beaubois, Dragic what do they have in common?

ceperez
05-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Well they all scorched us...

the question is why?

Poor scouting report?

m33p0
05-08-2010, 08:24 PM
George Hill can't stop anyone of them.

Pero
05-08-2010, 08:26 PM
None of them are from US?

Shastafarian
05-08-2010, 08:26 PM
They're all foreign. Maybe we should take them across the border with mexico and see if they can make it back through Arizona.

m33p0
05-08-2010, 08:27 PM
None of them are from US?

little burrito is puerto rican, right?

Pero
05-08-2010, 08:28 PM
little burrito is puerto rican, right?

Yeah. Why? Is Puerto Rico part of the US?

m33p0
05-08-2010, 08:29 PM

US territory. that should count.

Pero
05-08-2010, 08:34 PM
US territory. that should count.

Ah.

In that case, they all have the letter "a" in their last name.

Capt Bringdown
05-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Barrea and Beaubois are fast, but Dragic?

It's the Spurs famous "Make me a Superstar" program." Scrubs need only apply.

Those up and under spin moves around the basket...that was embarrassing. Shades of Hakeem against Robinson, except, well, it's Dragic we're talking about, not one of the top 10-20 players of all time.

What's in common? Another classic Spurs meltdown, fetal-position stylee...

Kobayagi
05-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Oh, you mean the dragonshake? :hat

ZrhWW39P1nQ

Capt Bringdown
05-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Oh, you mean the dragonshake? :hat

Amazing move against the mighty Philly scrubs. Future HOFer?

TimDunkem
05-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Amazing move against the mighty Philly scrubs. Future HOFer?
What about the 3 amazing moves against our Spurs? Guaranteed HOFer?

Brox6
05-09-2010, 12:16 AM
George Hill can't stop anyone of them.

:bang:bang:bang

Capt Bringdown
05-09-2010, 12:34 AM
What about the 3 amazing moves against our Spurs? Guaranteed HOFer?

I don't know, what do you think? I think the Spurs screwed the pooch. It shows you how far we have fallen off when we allow a scrub to go nuclear on us like that, on our home court in a must-win playoff game.
I agree with Manu's post game comments, it's embarrassing.

TJastal
05-09-2010, 02:22 AM
I don't know, what do you think? I think the Spurs screwed the pooch. It shows you how far we have fallen off when we allow a scrub to go nuclear on us like that, on our home court in a must-win playoff game.
I agree with Manu's post game comments, it's embarrassing.

Predictable, though.

The spurs have literally no shotblocking/altering once Tim Duncan gets winded (which is fairly quickly these days).

Popovich screwed the pooch here by first not bringing in some help when the opportunity was there (Tyrus Thomas, anyone?) and then not utilizing Theo Ratliff OR giving Mahinmi some experience so he could have been a contributor at playoff time. THREE things POop could have done to help the sitation but didn't.

The fact that the two smallest white guys in the series are making them pay dearly now for this glaring deficiency shows just how stupid it was.

Man In Black
05-09-2010, 02:44 AM
I don't think it's the shotblocking. I think it's really the lack of physical intimidating perimeter defense. None of the guys on the perimeter, except for Manu & Tony sometimes, have a bulldog mentality to fight through screens. They choose to go around them and watch these PHX shooters get all the time needed to take a good shot. When Bruce was on the team, he'd say he takes pride in making you work for what you do best, that if he didn't give it his all defensively, then he'd be doing a disservice to himself and his teammates. That's the major issue here...there are a few key players on this current Spurs team who don't do what's listed above. They want to, but they haven't.

mavsfan1000
05-09-2010, 02:45 AM
It seemed like Barea was the one getting scorched by Parker.

L.I.T
05-09-2010, 03:07 AM
I'm more inclined to point to the lack of a real top-flight perimeter defender rather than a lack of a top-flight shotblocker, necessarily. Although their defensive issues are likely a combination of the two; that missing perimeter defender seems more telling to me.

The Spurs defensive system (if I remember correctly) relies on funneling players to certain areas of the floor; with the expectation of help defense from a big man being there. We've noticed TD being out of position, but it seems to me that the perimeter defenders have done a lousy job of slowing down or redirecting offensive players. Thus, leaving the big men out of position and breaking down the Spurs defense.

ceperez
05-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Still think it's lack of preparation for these players.

Barrea played well then we eventually shut him down.

Beaubois went crazy but fortunately Dallas shut him down.

Dragic went crazy, hopefully we shut him down next game.

However, 24 points for Dragic in a single half??? Something definitely is extremely wrong here with our defense.

Do we have problems with ambidextrous players?

ploto
05-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Why do people only blame Hill and not Parker?

Tito_Trinidad
05-09-2010, 08:04 AM

Little Burrito Barea is a shit right here. I don't know how he can play well with MAvs.
Im from Puerto Rico, and sadly,we are a US territory currently fighting a political fight to become State #51 or an independent nation. But the current status is garbage.

Bambililos
05-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Why do people only blame Hill and not Parker?
Because Parker defends on Kidd or Nash, and he does a good job...

ballhog
05-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Time to get Mahinmi. Pop insists on leaving these old slow guys in there to chase the young speedsters around. Time to fuck shit up. C'mon!!

ploto
05-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Because Parker defends on Kidd or Nash, and he does a good job...

Nash was sitting on the bench during the Suns fourth quarter run.