PDA

View Full Version : Nice defense jazz...

pauls931
05-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Can you leave any more 3pt shooters open on every possession down the stretch? Unfortunately the refs can't make the lakers miss open shots.

Bob Lanier
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM
:lol :tu

mavsfan1000
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Fucking horrible defense.

CubanMustGo
05-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Fucking horrible defense.

Sloan taking lessons from Pop ?

DJ Mbenga
05-08-2010, 10:02 PM
i dont know what was a bigger fluke tonight. the lakers 3 point shooting or kyle korver becoming a superstar

Nahtanoj
05-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Unfortunately the refs can't make the lakers miss open shots.

They can't make the Jazz hit a game winning 3 or a tip in either, but they sure as hell can put them in a position to. That non-call on Fisher reminded me of Reggie on Greg Anthony.

mavsfan1000
05-08-2010, 10:05 PM
i dont know what was a bigger fluke tonight. the lakers 3 point shooting or kyle korver becoming a superstar
It's not a fluke if the shots are wide open. These are professional players here. Even Duncan can hit them when not contested at all.

Ghazi
05-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Western Conference teams not playing defense, nothing to see here.

pauls931
05-08-2010, 10:08 PM
I haven't watched the jazz much because I normally can't stand them but obviously go for them to make LA work a bit. I thought this was a disciplined team, but the defense at the end was attrocious. You have a 3 pt lead, it's crunch time. Don't let the other team get a look at a open 3. Fisher makes a living off of defenses cheating off him, and Odom is not exactly a bad outside shooter. I figured a Sloan coached team could figure this out.

And for fucks sake, someone put some velcro on boozer's hands!

DJ Mbenga
05-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I haven't watched the jazz much because I normally can't stand them but obviously go for them to make LA work a bit. I thought this was a disciplined team, but the defense at the end was attrocious. You have a 3 pt lead, it's crunch time. Don't let the other team get a look at a open 3. Fisher makes a living off of defenses cheating off him, and Odom is not exactly a bad outside shooter. I figured a Sloan coached team could figure this out.

And for fucks sake, someone put some velcro on boozer's hands!

that was a 25 footer, give him a break. would you just leave the lane open for kobe to go for a layup?

SomeCallMeTim
05-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Can you leave any more 3pt shooters open on every possession down the stretch? Unfortunately the refs can't make the lakers miss open shots.

Jazz shut down the lane tonight.

Take away one thing, you give another.

Fisher, Kobe, Ron all got open looks from 3 as a result.

Given how the Lakers usually shoot the 3, it's not a terrible strategy. If you'd have told me the imbalance of shots tonight, with Kobe/Fish/Ron getting a bazillion jumpshots and Gasol/Bynum/Odom getting about 15 among all 3, I'd say you're looking at a near-sure Jazz win.

pauls931
05-08-2010, 10:14 PM
that was a 25 footer, give him a break. would you just leave the lane open for kobe to go for a layup?

I assume you're talking about fisher. I've seen him hit that shot in crunch time numerous times, so you don't leave him open. He's like a short dumb Horry.

SomeCallMeTim
05-08-2010, 10:18 PM

Bingo.

Kobe hit his 3 on a flat-footed jump. Tough shot. Still had his dribble so the defender had to respect the drive.

Fisher hit his bomb a few feet behind the line off a draw-and-kick from Kobe.

This is the NBA, folks -- do people really think you can just deny a 3-point shot? Doesn't work that way. Best you can hope for is contesting them, or for your opponent to take tough shots. Those were tough shots.

In the end, Kobe and Fisher put their shorts on just like the rest of the league, one leg at a time. But when their shorts are on, they hit game-winning shots.

Baseline
05-08-2010, 11:59 PM
LA will never hit this many threes in any two-game stretch from here on out. This was a total fluke.

I mean, you know it's a fluke when Derek Fisher actually appears to be a legit NBA player.

Giuseppe
05-09-2010, 12:54 AM
In the end, Kobe and Fisher put their shorts on just like the rest of the league, one leg at a time. But when their shorts are on, they hit game-winning shots.

Bryant slows the game down in those incredible situations. Setting up Fish for that 3 was nothing short of homicide, the Jazz hustling to their doom like they were relieved.

Giuseppe
05-09-2010, 01:34 AM
LA will never hit this many threes in any two-game stretch from here on out. This was a total fluke.

I mean, you know it's a fluke when Derek Fisher actually appears to be a legit NBA player.

And those ABC fucks said nary a word when Artest lit that ass up with those threes. One after another to the sound of silence. They want to fit Artest with a hair shirt so f'in bad.

It do not get better than that. It just do not.

Girasuck
05-09-2010, 06:44 PM
lol at clueless fans bitching about Utah leaving wide open 3 point shooters. It's been that way for 20+ years. Obviously none of you watch Jazz games.