PDA

View Full Version : why was that not continuation

Biggems
05-08-2010, 09:51 PM
as fisher fouled Williams he went up with the shot.....no dribble or steps...it should have been 3 FTs

DJ Mbenga
05-08-2010, 09:57 PM
they called the foul on the floor before his motion to shoot. people try that all the time just throw it up and see what happens

Bob Lanier
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM
after fisher fouled Williams he went up with the shot.....
Fixed it for you.

BadOdor
05-08-2010, 10:00 PM
lol@ spur fan reaching

Go worry about your upcoming sweep, faggot.

mavsfan1000
05-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Should've been 3 free throws. Bitch ref decision.

Biggems
05-08-2010, 10:03 PM
lol@ spur fan reaching

Go worry about your upcoming sweep, faggot.

wow, you really hurt my feelings with that one:lol....i was just asking, cause i have seen a lot of continuation during this postseason that really stretched the limits of the definition of continuation.

BadOdor
05-08-2010, 10:04 PM

mav fan trying to make friends with the spur fans.

Are you the fag who started the thread in the spur section after game 1 against the suns crying about the reffing, and got owned by the same spur fans that told you to stfu?

lol mav fan.

Biggems
05-08-2010, 10:04 PM

based on the replay they showed, it should have been continuation.....in live action, harder to tell.

BadOdor
05-08-2010, 10:05 PM
wow, you really hurt my feelings with that one:lol....i was just asking, cause i have seen a lot of continuation during this postseason that really stretched the limits of the definition of continuation.

Get back upstairs faggot. If you don't see how this was not a continuation you don't know shit about basketball.

lol sweep by suns.

Nahtanoj
That is not continuation. If you know basketball you'll know that.

DJ Mbenga

i actually agree but those are based on off the dribble continuations. its easier to do those its just keeping the dribble alive

Biggems
05-08-2010, 10:06 PM
That is not continuation. If you know basketball you'll know that.

i know basketball.......and the NBA is not basketball, never has been.

IronMexican
05-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Talk about reaching

Biggems
05-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Get back upstairs faggot. If you don't see how this was not a continuation you don't know shit about basketball.

lol sweep by suns.

wow you got me again...you are the poster of the night:rollin

BadOdor
spur fan really butt hurt right now.

mavsfan1000
mav fan trying to make friends with the spur fans.

Are you the fag who started the thread in the spur section after game 1 against the suns crying about the reffing, and got owned by the same spur fans that told you to stfu?

lol mav fan.
The mavs are out if you haven't noticed. I gotta root for someone or the playoffs aren't interesting. I know for sure that anyone playing the Lakers I will be rooting for.

Nahtanoj
05-08-2010, 10:08 PM
i know basketball.......and the NBA is not basketball, never has been.

The NBA is about money. For the players, its about two things: money and pussy.

Biggems
05-08-2010, 10:08 PM
it is funny how butt hurt all the Lakers fans are acting in this thread....knowing damn well if the situation were reversed, they would be crying for a continuation and bitching about Stern.

hell they are still crying about the Fisher noncall.

Nahtanoj
05-08-2010, 10:09 PM
hell they are still crying about the Fisher noncall.

That's because the Fisher non-call has a stronger case. That being said, people make mistakes and these things even out eventually over 48 minutes.

Biggems
spur fan really butt hurt right now.

actually my butt is just fine....but thank you for caring, that means a lot....im touched. you have given me hope that Lakers fans can be humane and give a damn about others.

SomeCallMeTim
as fisher fouled Williams he went up with the shot.....no dribble or steps...it should have been 3 FTs

Refs let a lot of stuff go late, tonight was no exception. Boozer looked like he got hit going up with an offensive rebound late. Fisher got tackled on that inbound turnover. If you squint, yeah, you could make a case for a Williams continuation.

If he was smart (not saying he isn't, maybe he did this), he'd do what Kobe or Kidd has been known to do: tell the ref "I'm going to shoot when they try to foul me intentionally." Refs have been known to watch for it. I've seen both Kobe and Kidd get 3FTs like that when the other team was trying to ice the game... and it backfired on them.

pauls931
05-08-2010, 10:10 PM
If it's in Utah and the Jazz did not get the call, then it obviously was not continuation.

Biggems
05-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Refs let a lot of stuff go late, tonight was no exception. Boozer looked like he got hit going up with an offensive rebound late. Fisher got tackled on that inbound turnover. If you squint, yeah, you could make a case for a Williams continuation.

If he was smart (not saying he isn't, maybe he did this), he'd do what Kobe or Kidd has been known to do: tell the ref "I'm going to shoot when they try to foul me intentionally." Refs have been known to watch for it. I've seen both Kobe and Kidd get 3FTs like that when the other team was trying to ice the game... and it backfired on them.

I couldnt tell if Gasol blocked it or Boozer just hit the bottom of the rim.....but it didnt look like a foul to me. I thought it was a good non whistle by the refs.

namlook
05-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Clearly not a continuation. Not even close.

BadOdor
05-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Clearly not a continuation. Not even close.

Son that ignore list makes you look like a pussy....jus sayin'......

Quit Hatin'
05-08-2010, 10:22 PM
notice how he does not care to mention the missed call on the next posession when matthews speared fisher to the ground.

Quit Hatin'

Goran Dragic
05-08-2010, 10:22 PM
My nigga BadOdor is regulating Spurfan in this thread about as much as I regulated the Spurs last night.

SomeCallMeTim
05-08-2010, 10:26 PM
I couldnt tell if Gasol blocked it or Boozer just hit the bottom of the rim.....but it didnt look like a foul to me. I thought it was a good non whistle by the refs.

Looked like Fisher got him, not Gasol, on the strip down low. I could be wrong.

Bad calls tend to even out, Jazz were getting the benefit of some dubious whistles for a couple minutes' stretch a little earlier. Refs seemed to get a little caught up in the NuclearWasteArena energy...

BadOdor
05-08-2010, 10:43 PM
My nigga BadOdor is regulating Spurfan in this thread about as much as I regulated the Spurs last night.

Thanks son, that was quite a performance you put last night. Are you gonna go wild on spurs again next game, or you gonna let them get 1 to avoid the sweep?

j.dizzle
05-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Did you get some groupie pussy last night son? You sure deserved some after beating the Spurs by yourself hahaha good job bro:toast

Goran Dragic
05-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks son, that was quite a performance you put last night. Are you gonna go wild on spurs again next game, or you gonna let them get 1 to avoid the sweep?

Sons J-Rich and Amare want some 4th quarter PT so I'll make sure it's worthwhile for them to play, but otherwise I would have gone for the sweep and dropped 30 in the 4th quarter.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Absolutely not continuation, you gotta be a fuckin retard or a Spur Fan to think otherwise.

baseline bum
05-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Only Chris Paul gets that call.

Pelicans78
05-09-2010, 12:05 AM

Damn you!!!! I was gonna use that line :lol

TheMACHINE
05-09-2010, 02:05 AM

so you really thought Williams was gonna shoot a 3 pointer a few feet behind the arc with 7 seconds remaining?

namlook
05-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Son that ignore list makes you look like a pussy....jus sayin'......

Damn, I knew something smelled bad around here. I guess I need to clean up the air. Welcome to the list. :lol

Biggems
05-09-2010, 01:14 PM

hahahaha, aint that the truth

Giuseppe
05-09-2010, 01:16 PM
How could we tell, the ref called for (2) almost before the play came to a end. It was like a foregone conclusion.

Biggems
05-09-2010, 01:17 PM
so you really thought Williams was gonna shoot a 3 pointer a few feet behind the arc with 7 seconds remaining?

honestly i dont know.....i thought he would drive and try to get fouled, or get a quick pass to a hopefully open Korver.....neither happened and he got fouled beyond the arc.

at first i didnt think it was continuation. when I saw the replay, that is when i thought it was. but the refs dont get replay.

and the reason i started this thread was because i have seen some plays this postseason that have been called continuation, even though it looked like there shouldnt be any.

btw, it is amazing to see how the Lakers fans are completely overreacting in this thread....name calling and the like. Stay Classy Champs

mavsfan1000
05-09-2010, 01:18 PM
He knew Fisher was going to foul him and was ready to take that shot. Refs screwed it up though just like when Boozer got hacked.

namlook
05-09-2010, 02:24 PM
He knew Fisher was going to foul him and was ready to take that shot. Refs screwed it up though just like when Boozer got hacked.

And when Fisher got pulled down?

TheMACHINE
05-09-2010, 02:55 PM
at first i didnt think it was continuation. when I saw the replay, that is when i thought it was. but the refs dont get replay.

i guess you answered your own question here.

/thread