PDA

View Full Version : No Intimidator. No rings.

BadMotorscooter
05-08-2010, 10:42 PM
I have been watching this site from the outside and felt compelled to join. Why? Because misery loves company.

Lets not sugarcoat this, girls...there is a reason we arent very good. Its not because of Jefferson softness or Duncans age or Manu's broken nose or Pops rotations. Its because we dont have an intimidator anymore. Plain and simple. We dont have a Bowen. We dont have a Horry. We dont have a guy who scares people anymore. Plain and simple. A lot of you think Blair will be that guy but he isnt. You just see him with a beard and think he looks scary. lol Spurs need to make a move to grab some physical type players in the off season....without them...no chance.

Man In Black
05-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Pop's teams have always, always had a bulldog defender except for the 2001 team that got swept out the Western Conference Finals. I suppose Derek Anderson could be looked as a perimeter defender but he wasn't good enough and that forced Pop to go get Bowen from Miami. The last player cut that 2000 season was Raja Bell. Bell was lucky enough that Pop was connected to Larry Brown and got a chance to play in the Finals that year as a Sixer.
Maybe, he comes here? He has some skills, I'm hoping the past injuries has taken those away and he does have the bulldog mentality.

Sisk
05-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Anyone have any idea how tough Tiago plays?

But, this post is correct.

Manu-of-steel
05-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Raja Bell would be a welcome addition if healthy. He's tough, can still guard the likes of kobe, ray allen, etc. And he can spread the floor.

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2010, 12:02 AM
RJ for jax, willing to absorb remainin on jax contract

ElNono
05-09-2010, 12:14 AM
You also want people with hunger. Guys like Bonner, Mason, Bogans, RJ... At times it looks like they're just happy to be there.

Capt Bringdown
05-09-2010, 01:31 AM
The Mavs broke Manu's nose and the Suns threw Parker to the floor, resulting in a possible injury. I think one could argue that was the play of the season, as we were effectively finished after that.

Getting pushed around by softies seems to be the Spurs MO this postseason.

ballhog
05-09-2010, 11:23 AM
What about Mahinmi? Garbage time is all he gets. Time to see what he's got. Better than Bonner I would think.

peskypesky
05-09-2010, 12:45 PM
We lack an intimidator. We lack 3-point shooting. We lack height in the post. We lack a smart coach. Lotta lack.

alchemist
05-09-2010, 04:05 PM
The Mavs broke Manu's nose and the Suns threw Parker to the floor, resulting in a possible injury. I think one could argue that was the play of the season, as we were effectively finished after that.

accidents = getting pushed around.....wtf???? (I'm probably misunderstanding you, hopefully)

BadMotorscooter
05-09-2010, 04:12 PM
It really boils down to this...Bowen would be guarding the guy I said, to friends, is the X factor...that being QRich. And coincidently he is the leading scorer at 23 a game. Nash and Amare were gonna get theirs. Always have always will. But when they added their "Big 3"...in Richardson...Spurs were in trouble. No Bowen to shut him down. And no Horry off the bench to hit the "Shot"...and get in their heads. Its as simple as that.

ballhog
05-09-2010, 05:59 PM
It really boils down to this...Bowen would be guarding the guy I said, to friends, is the X factor...that being QRich. And coincidently he is the leading scorer at 23 a game. Nash and Amare were gonna get theirs. Always have always will. But when they added their "Big 3"...in Richardson...Spurs were in trouble. No Bowen to shut him down. And no Horry off the bench to hit the "Shot"...and get in their heads. Its as simple as that.

Great take. Really miss Bowen. Fact is, Spurs are clanking shots and Suns are hitting everything.

alchemist
05-09-2010, 09:47 PM
ooops wrong thread :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2010, 09:52 PM

This.

And Dragic goes for 20 before we even send him to the foul line. There should have been retaliation after Manu and TP got hurt, and Goran should have been eating basket support about eight points into his personal run in game 3.