PDA

View Full Version : Paul Daley Cut from UFC For Throwing Illegal Blow After Fight

dbreiden83080
05-09-2010, 12:23 AM
They just said it on MMA live

Dana says "he is cut and will never fight in the UFC again"..

Daley blew his career tonight..

CubanSucks
05-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Can we get a video of this please!!! or a gif?

dbreiden83080
05-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Can we get a video of this please!!! or a gif?

Maybe tomorrow

No replays were shown live

djohn14
05-09-2010, 09:37 AM
What a dumbass...this shit after the bell is getting old. Dude couldnt win the fight, but leave it at that and dont embarrass yourself more!

CubanSucks
05-09-2010, 03:49 PM
lzDMYsuUsEQ

Got it!

Stringer_Bell
05-09-2010, 03:49 PM
What a dumbass...this shit after the bell is getting old. Dude couldnt win the fight, but leave it at that and dont embarrass yourself more!

The worst part is it looked like a clean connection and he couldn't knock out Kos :lol

This guy won't get picked up by anyone with a TV contract, he'll be fighting freak show fights and possibly get his ass whooped in boxing rings for the rest of his career.

CubanSucks
05-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Can someone please tell me what Kos said after the fight that was so bad? Anything I google about 113 just has the sucker punch brought up. I can't find the quote anywhere

dbreiden83080
05-09-2010, 04:26 PM
lzDMYsuUsEQ

Got it!

The dicks at Zuffa already pulled it..

LOL

dbreiden83080
05-09-2010, 04:28 PM
The worst part is it looked like a clean connection and he couldn't knock out Kos :lol

This guy won't get picked up by anyone with a TV contract, he'll be fighting freak show fights and possibly get his ass whooped in boxing rings for the rest of his career.

IF he genuinely says he is sorry and has some success in SF or something i bet he is back. Dana is always a hot head and then sometime calms down. It was stupiud what he did but i don't think it should ruin his whole career..

angelbelow
05-09-2010, 04:54 PM
IF he genuinely says he is sorry and has some success in SF or something i bet he is back. Dana is always a hot head and then sometime calms down. It was stupiud what he did but i don't think it should ruin his whole career..

If it doesn't ruin his career - i'll be pissed. I think that its unacceptable. In no other sport would this result in anything less and MMA should be no different. In fact, the MMA should be even more strict about situations like this and that is why I fully expect his career to be over.

dbreiden83080
05-09-2010, 05:19 PM
If it doesn't ruin his career - i'll be pissed. I think that its unacceptable. In no other sport would this result in anything less and MMA should be no different. In fact, the MMA should be even more strict about situations like this and that is why I fully expect his career to be over.

It was a bad emotional reaction to a tough loss. I don't think one bad moment in someones life should define them. It's not like he killed somebody.. Hell guys in the NFL kill people in DUI's and get re-instated. Mike Vick slaughters dogs and gets re-instated, Ben Rothlesberger Sexually assualts women

See where i am going??

angelbelow
05-09-2010, 07:00 PM
It was a bad emotional reaction to a tough loss. I don't think one bad moment in someones life should define them. It's not like he killed somebody.. Hell guys in the NFL kill people in DUI's and get re-instated. Mike Vick slaughters dogs and gets re-instated, Ben Rothlesberger Sexually assualts women

See where i am going??

Actually - very good points all around. I did not think of it that way.

polandprzem
05-09-2010, 07:42 PM

and one

Stringer_Bell
05-09-2010, 08:32 PM

Do you really think SF is willing to sign this chump AFTER their own fiasco w/ Champions fighting after the bell? THey don't need the criticism, their ratings are down and MMA fans are taking them less and less seriously.

Every sport has questionable guys, but not every sport is in a continuous campaign for legitimacy and to be seen as an actual sport. It's about public relations, and if SF gives a fuck about it they won't bother with Daley. Plus, we know Daley can't protect takedowns so WW rank climb stops when he starts fighting REAL contenders.

dbreiden83080
05-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Do you really think SF is willing to sign this chump AFTER their own fiasco w/ Champions fighting after the bell? THey don't need the criticism, their ratings are down and MMA fans are taking them less and less seriously.

Obviously Daley has to show that he is very sorry and maybe fight in tiny ass shows a little first. But there is no reason why he can't work his way back. I stated my reasons why i feel that way.. If you were him and messed up like this you'd be looking for just a little compassion.. You know you would..

Every sport has questionable guys, but not every sport is in a continuous campaign for legitimacy and to be seen as an actual sport.

MMA is in way better shape than the way you are representing it there. 2002 i'd agree but not now. The UFC sells out everywhere they go. MMA has replaced boxing in terms of buyrates on PPV. MMA has great credibility these days. Just because ESPN does not nut-hug the sport does not mean we are still in the dark ages for credibility.. MMA owns the 18-34 demo and that is an extremely coveted demo.. It won't be long before the UFC is sanctioned in every state, it is being taken all over the world. How much more credibility do you expect than that?? It's never gonna be the NBA or NFL.

Daley can't protect takedowns so WW rank climb stops when he starts fighting REAL contenders.

Daley is a top tier WW. Off the bat he beats the hell out of the likes of Swick and Hardy. I just don't like the idea of a 27 year old guy making one mistake and they say "Piss off kid, your career is over for good" Did the UFC send Rampage packing after he evaded police and almost ran down old ladies in the middle of the street?? No. Why because he is a star. Dana "Saying he did not care if Daley becomes Pd for pd #1 he'll never fight in the UFC again is a crock" It's about money and only money for the UFC... Right now Daley is not a star, if he was he'd be going nowhere..

dbreiden83080
05-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Ask yourself this

If GSP or Brock Lesnar cracked someone after the bell would they be getting cut??

Brock shit-talks sponsors after wins and does not get cut..

Stringer_Bell
05-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Ask yourself this

If GSP or Brock Lesnar cracked someone after the bell would they be getting cut??

Brock shit-talks sponsors after wins and does not get cut..

People pay good money to see Brock kick ass and shit talk afterward. Daley isn't a star, he hasn't earned the right to sucker punch especially when he's been so thoroughly nuetralized by his opponent.

Dana made it clear that shit wouldn't be tolerated after the SF fiasco. The ref clearly told Daley to keep it professional before the fight started, whispered it in his ear and Daley acknowledged it with a wink. He dug his own grave on this, but his written apology was sincere...let's see if someone wants to take a chance on him, but he's done in the UFC and I don't see him reaching status to compete on the same level as GSP/Kos/Alves.

dbreiden83080
05-09-2010, 10:30 PM
People pay good money to see Brock kick ass and shit talk afterward. Daley isn't a star, he hasn't earned the right to sucker punch especially when he's been so thoroughly nuetralized by his opponent.

So you agree with everything i said...

Dana made it clear that shit wouldn't be tolerated after the SF fiasco.

I'm not saying it should be tolerated but that does not mean you have to ban the kid for life from the UFC.

but his written apology was sincere...let's see if someone wants to take a chance on him

I hope someone does..

desflood
05-10-2010, 06:46 AM
I could have seen giving Daley a suspension for this, but not cutting him entirely. There are half a dozen examples of UFC fighters getting away with much, much worse in and out of the cage and not even receiving a slap on the wrist. They decided to make an example out of Paul Daley and it just made them look hypocritical.

Xevious
05-10-2010, 06:48 AM
SF may pick him up. They had no qualms about signing Babalu Sobral after getting cut from UFC for much the same thing (didn't let go of a choke after the ref had called it). I agree with Dana in these cases though. This is a sport where people can get seriously injured, this type of shit shouldn't be tolerated.

Stringer_Bell
05-10-2010, 12:55 PM
I could have seen giving Daley a suspension for this, but not cutting him entirely. There are half a dozen examples of UFC fighters getting away with much, much worse in and out of the cage and not even receiving a slap on the wrist. They decided to make an example out of Paul Daley and it just made them look hypocritical.

I don't think it's hypocritical at all. Dana laid down the law AFTER the SF incident...it's a professional sport, not a thug ring and this shit isn't going to fly. Daley told Dana he didn't hear the bell - HE LIED - and Dana got pissed. You don't lie to your boss after you disgrace your company, you're asking to be fired.

Sure, things happened in the past, but I don't think I'm underestimating the impact of the SF fiasco on this one. Banned for life is harsh, but he could always change his mind and Daley could stop speaking with a bitch-lisp and being more professional. All he is right now is a guy that I paid once to see only because I wanted to see him lose...now that he lost I have no use for him. :p:

desflood
05-10-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't think it's hypocritical at all. Dana laid down the law AFTER the SF incident...it's a professional sport, not a thug ring and this shit isn't going to fly.
The way I see it, the law was laid down when Babalu got canned for doing the exact thing BJ Penn did in his fight with Jens Pulver - holding the choke after the ref instructed him to let go. Meanwhile, Rampage went on, well, a rampage, endangering the lives of unsuspecting people on the street. Not only was he not canned, Dana bailed him out of jail! I'm not sure how allowing certain fighters to get away with everything and certain fighters to get away with nothing isn't hypocritical.

Stringer_Bell
05-10-2010, 05:36 PM
The way I see it, the law was laid down when Babalu got canned for doing the exact thing BJ Penn did in his fight with Jens Pulver - holding the choke after the ref instructed him to let go. Meanwhile, Rampage went on, well, a rampage, endangering the lives of unsuspecting people on the street. Not only was he not canned, Dana bailed him out of jail! I'm not sure how allowing certain fighters to get away with everything and certain fighters to get away with nothing isn't hypocritical.

MMA is getting wider recognition than ever before, and even if the fans don't agree with Dana's decisions and feel like it's no big deal, he has to play the political game and look like the NFL Commish sometimes. The UFC wants new sanctioning all over the world and THIS stuff is an important part of it, winning the hearts and minds of the people voting on giving MMA a place to thrive. MMA is covered and followed more by mainstream press NOW than ever before...Dana did the right thing in this situation.

PS: Yea, Rampage is nuts and I'm not sure how he gets bailed out when Tito seemed to be left out to rot recently...meh.

benefactor
05-10-2010, 06:48 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2418pp5.jpg

dbreiden83080
05-10-2010, 08:29 PM
PS: Yea, Rampage is nuts and I'm not sure how he gets bailed out when Tito seemed to be left out to rot recently...meh.

Because Tito can't fight worth a shit anymore..

Stringer_Bell
05-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Because Tito can't fight worth a shit anymore..

Tito's done a lot for the sport, as much as he is a prick when it comes to his media persona.

dbreiden83080
05-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Tito's done a lot for the sport, as much as he is a prick when it comes to his media persona.

i love Tito, always been a big fan but he has shot himself in the foot the last few years. Between his poor in ring performances, his feud with Dana and now this domsestic violence crap..

It's just over for him..

Clutch
05-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Good, that punch was classless crap. I'm glad he's gone.

LakerHater
05-23-2010, 01:35 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2418pp5.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/6f9gr4.jpg