PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen says "No Way"

Obstructed_View
05-10-2005, 01:02 AM
On TNT tonight Ray Allen, when asked if he could have come back were the game closer, said "There was no way. I couldn't run on it. I tried to...in the back but there was just no way."

He also says the odds of his playing in game 2 are "day to day, it's a game time decision. I think, we have a lot of time to make sure we take care of business and we definitely have two games that we gotta take care of at home so for me there's no need to rush anything or make any rash decisions."

Sounds like he's ready to phone it in.

PM5K
05-10-2005, 01:57 AM
I've played ball for years and that wasn't a bad sprain at all. Radmo is done the roll was too bad. I guess one difference is that other coaches aren't as cautious as Pop but that was a horrible roll....

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 01:59 AM
fuck man i am tired of ray blaming shit on bowen but if duncan had been in a similiar situation most of you wouldnt be calling him a pussy or whatever

Obstructed_View
05-10-2005, 02:05 AM
If Duncan begged out of a game with a phantom injury, and then said that he might not play in the next playoff game when he didn't even have a limp? You have to be kidding. He might be run out of town on a rail if he did that, and he's got quite a few more skins on the wall than Ray Allen does.

This is the town that asked Tim if he was overacting when he sprained his right ankle the second time.

Also, again, these are Spurs fans, and Ray Allen is the one bitching and pretending to be hurt, not Tim, so we are going to call him a pussy.

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 02:08 AM
in case you havent been paying attention duncan missed some games this season with a sprained ankle. the big pussy we should call him.

spurs fans would have no problem riding his nuts if he did the same as allen, sans the blame placement

Obstructed_View
05-10-2005, 02:12 AM
in case you havent been paying attention duncan missed some games this season with a sprained ankle. the big pussy we should call him.

spurs fans would have no problem riding his nuts if he did the same as allen, sans the blame placement
Are you trying to compare Tim Duncan's ankle sprain to Ray Allen's? Are you trying to compare Ray Allen's heart to Tim Duncan's? Your logic makes as much sense as your sentence fragments.

plonk.

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 02:14 AM
ha. no i am pointing out that hypocrisy is a specialty of spurs fans and you've made my case. solid job.

SouthernFried
05-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Tim's roll was like Radmo's...he was in serious pain. Couldn't put any weight on it. Allen walked off the court, and even tried some running.

I'm not making any judgments on Allens ability to play after the sprain, that's between him and his trainers (and Bruce of course)...but, it was nothing like Tim's or Radmo's

xcoriate
05-10-2005, 03:10 AM
There just playing games with the media and trying to fool/confuse the spurs IMO

Its not really unlike a CIA Pop move.

Read between the lines. Allen is IMO a lock for game 2

polandprzem
05-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Strike of vomitkitten part 2

dcole50
05-10-2005, 03:19 AM
ray's injury didn't look bad at all. i'll be shocked if he isn't on the floor at tip off tomorrow.

rad's made me a little queasy. his was serious.

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 03:20 AM
my pole is bigger than your Pole

polandprzem
05-10-2005, 05:22 AM

wow this is the best you've got?
:blah

ps. No hard feelings

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 05:44 AM
yeah it must be tough for you to find a hard feelin' Pole

polandprzem
05-10-2005, 05:45 AM
hahahah that was good :tu

Spursman
05-10-2005, 06:05 AM
The difference between Duncan spraining his ankle, and Allen spraining his, is that Duncan took it like a man and didn't whine and cry about it being someone else' fault. And Duncans injury was way worse the Allen. Nobody likes a whiner.

johnny00
05-10-2005, 06:21 AM
The difference between Duncan spraining his ankle, and Allen spraining his, is that Duncan.......
The difference is that Timmys ankle was the size of a grapefruit and he had to be wheeled out of the game. Rays, while we haven't been told the extent of it, obviously had a chance to try to "run it off" by the locker rooms, and felt it wasn't good to go.

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 06:32 AM
yeah duncan saves his pussy whining for the refs. also it doesnt seem to take much of an injury to take duncan out of games.

johnny00
05-10-2005, 06:48 AM
^^^^^
Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

Samr
05-10-2005, 06:55 AM
read: Randy Moss is my hero. I will leave before the series is over, if at all possible. And not only that, but I will show my teammates, via the media, that I have absolutely no balls whatsoever. And they shouldn't either.

Ocotillo
05-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Turned ankle sounds like a convenient excuse for being owned by Bruce "Lee" Bowen.

210born
05-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Turned ankle sounds like a convenient excuse for being owned by Bruce "Lee" Bowen.

- :rolleyes if i'm not mistaken allen was taking it to bowens ass before the injury, 8 points in a very short span of time. I might be confused, or maybe i was watching another game.

Ocotillo
05-10-2005, 08:59 AM
- :rolleyes if i'm not mistaken allen was taking it to bowens ass before the injury, 8 points in a very short span of time. I might be confused, or maybe i was watching another game.

He is in Allen's head a huge way.

BigVee
05-10-2005, 09:02 AM
fuck man i am tired of ray blaming shit on bowen but if duncan had been in a similiar situation most of you wouldnt be calling him a pussy or whatever

Ginobili rolled his ankle in the second game of the Nuggets series and came back in the same game even though it was a blow out.

Extra Stout
05-10-2005, 09:04 AM
- :rolleyes if i'm not mistaken allen was taking it to bowens ass before the injury, 8 points in a very short span of time. I might be confused, or maybe i was watching another game.I guess you were watching another game. In the one I was watching, Bowen's team was up by 16 when Allen got "hurt."

There just playing games with the media and trying to fool/confuse the spurs IMOI seriously doubt the Spurs are "fooled" by a guy who walked to the locker room under his own power without even a slight limp. There's no word of swelling. There's no word of stiffness.

So either the Sonics are running the lamest psy-ops campaign in the history of sports, or Ray Allen is just the softest little pussy on Earth, or he's more concerned about having a clean bill of health as a free agent than helping his team in the playoffs.

CosmicCowboy
05-10-2005, 09:14 AM
http://student.vwc.edu/~jchatch/Grant.jpeg

It's the playoffs!

Don't worry about playing when you aren't 100%

You'll be fine!

Useruser666
05-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Is that Grant "Glass Ankle" Hill?

MadDog73
05-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Pop on Allen:

"Everybody wants to play an opponent with a full squad, for a lot of different reasons. One of the things coaches hate most is to play a team that's got somebody out, because everybody seems to pick each other up and other people do superhuman things."

T Park
05-10-2005, 10:05 AM
if i'm not mistaken allen was taking it to bowens ass before the injury, 8 points in a very short span of time. I might be confused, or maybe i was watching another game.

you are mistaken.

Alot of his shots were fallaways, 1 time he took it to the basket, the time he got hurt.

the rest of the time, bowen was on him like white on rice, and denying him shots passes and such.

Hence the reason for Allen takin a swing at him in the second quarter.

sa_butta
05-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Ive played with a worse roll than that.
It can be taped real good and keep it tight.

SpursChampsIII
05-10-2005, 10:13 AM

Maybe somebody gave you a big pole?

SpursChampsIII
05-10-2005, 10:15 AM

Warriors...LOL! I would be hiding under a patio deck somewhere.

samikeyp
05-10-2005, 10:15 AM
timvp called it...if this series gets worse for Seattle, look for Ray to not come back.

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 10:19 AM
i usually have a Pole smoke my pole

polandprzem
05-10-2005, 10:39 AM
i usually have a Pole smoke my pole

Przestan juz pierdolic i zajmiuj sie koszykowka

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 11:17 AM
ok, ok, if you want to do a rim job feel free

Notorious H.O.P.
05-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Ray may have had 8 pts but he also took 13 mins to do that. Project that to 39mins and he has a manageable 24 pts. Nothing compared to his last two games against Sacramento. And if Seattle was going to have a chance, he needs big games, not average games.

DDS4
05-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Ray Ray is a free agent this summer. He's going to make sure he's 100% before he comes back.

He surely won't go back on the court less than healthy and jeopardize his upcoming contract with subpar performances in this series. Courtesy of Mr. Bowen.

Just a thought.

polandprzem
05-10-2005, 11:42 AM
ok, ok, if you want to do a rim job feel free

Thank you. I needed your permission...

I know why you are talking bout one thing, but I'm not gonna tell ya.

Vomitkitten you are just being ignored

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 11:50 AM
i talk about it because i like it so long as the Pole is good at smoking pole

Fouled Out
05-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Pop on Allen:

"Everybody wants to play an opponent with a full squad, for a lot of different reasons. One of the things coaches hate most is to play a team that's got somebody out, because everybody seems to pick each other up and other people do superhuman things."

Yep, that was on todays Express News Paper.

Obstructed_View
05-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Ray Allen didn't come back because of the 8 points he scored, at least two of them were very high degree-of-difficulty shots, and he can then sit out the game and say "I was on pace to score 40 if Bowen hadn't hurt me. I deserve a max contract."

Obstructed_View
05-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Is that Grant "Glass Ankle" Hill?
Grant Hill ground his ankle into powder trying to win in the playoffs, while his teammate, Jerry Stackhouse, questioned his manhood. The only thing more ignorant than the above statement is comparing Ray Allen to Grant Hill.

210born
05-10-2005, 03:01 PM
I guess you were watching another game. In the one I was watching, Bowen's team was up by 16 when Allen got "hurt."

I seriously doubt the Spurs are "fooled" by a guy who walked to the locker room under his own power without even a slight limp. There's no word of swelling. There's no word of stiffness.

So either the Sonics are running the lamest psy-ops campaign in the history of sports, or Ray Allen is just the softest little pussy on Earth, or he's more concerned about having a clean bill of health as a free agent than helping his team in the playoffs.

NO-i said ray allen was getting in bowens ass, scoring basically at will. BOWEN wasnt "owning" anyone, simple fact, and yes the spurs had their foot way up the sonics ass, no doubt :angel

210born
05-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Ray may have had 8 pts but he also took 13 mins to do that. Project that to 39mins and he has a manageable 24 pts. Nothing compared to his last two games against Sacramento. And if Seattle was going to have a chance, he needs big games, not average games.

- :lol -I love this board. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
-i'll stick with the neutral boards where people talk with half decent basketball knowledge, and less bias. Taking nothing away from this form, keep doin what your doin :smokin

Useruser666
05-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Grant Hill ground his ankle into powder trying to win in the playoffs, while his teammate, Jerry Stackhouse, questioned his manhood. The only thing more ignorant than the above statement is comparing Ray Allen to Grant Hill.

Ignorant? Why? Am I putting down Grant Hill by making that statement? Is it not true that he has been very injury prone? How many games has he missed do to injury?

samikeyp
05-10-2005, 03:22 PM
actually 210 you are lucky....people here can talk with basketball knowledge and bias! :lol

Seriously though...you have a majority of Spurs fans here so you are going to get a hint of a silver and black perspective. You will find though that the majority of posters here, while Spurs fans, will call out their team when necessary. Also you should know that just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them biased. If indeed you are a 210 native, you should join us at a GTG. They are alot of fun.

210born
05-10-2005, 04:39 PM
No, not the fact that they disagree, but a fan is a fan bottom line, i can't knock em for that. I don't have a "team" i just enjoy watching basketball being a former player myself, therefore i just call things how i see em. Maybe i will check out a GTG, sounds fun.

Obstructed_View
05-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Ignorant? Why? Am I putting down Grant Hill by making that statement? Is it not true that he has been very injury prone? How many games has he missed do to injury?
I thought using the term "glass ankle" to describe him was wildly inaccurate, and yes, I thought you were putting him down. Is he injury prone? In a word, no. He's had one significant injury in his career that happened to take years to heal because he damaged it so badly trying to win in the playoffs for a team that wasn't going to re-sign him. I didn't mean to be insulting, but he's not any more "injury prone" than Bo Jackson IMHO. They each had one really bad injury.

samikeyp
05-10-2005, 05:50 PM
but a fan is a fan bottom line,

very true...however one can be loyal to their team and still be objective.

HB22inSA
05-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Bowen was playing him well, but Allen got the best of him a couple of times.

But even so, Bowen makes you work so hard to get your points, you're exhausted come crunch time.

The only player I've seen rise above that is Kobe.

fonzy16
05-10-2005, 06:11 PM
i think PussyRay faked the injury and didnt want to go back in the game, cause he saw the game was lost.

Useruser666
05-10-2005, 06:24 PM
I thought using the term "glass ankle" to describe him was wildly inaccurate, and yes, I thought you were putting him down. Is he injury prone? In a word, no. He's had one significant injury in his career that happened to take years to heal because he damaged it so badly trying to win in the playoffs for a team that wasn't going to re-sign him. I didn't mean to be insulting, but he's not any more "injury prone" than Bo Jackson IMHO. They each had one really bad injury.

So could you describe Grant Hill as a player that has been out a lot do him having a very bad ankle that he has injured more than once in his career? How many surgeries has he had on it? Have you watched the Grant Hill documentary that was on ESPN a while back? I think it's a very accurate description for Hill's ankle. The saying is regularly applied to boxers' jaws who are easily knocked out. It was also used in the movie "Unbreakable" as a description of the villian who had the disease which left him with weak bones, and as such, was prone to having his bones break often. I never said Hill was a wuss or compared him to Allen. You compared the Allen situation with the events that lead to Hill's injuries., not me. I don't believe Allen suffered anything similar to what Hill went through. As noted many times, Allen was jogging at the game after he was injured. That to me, doesn't sound as serious physically, as it does mentally.

SequSpur
05-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Ray is playing.

Useruser666
05-10-2005, 06:36 PM
http://img26.echo.cx/img26/2536/rayallenjuwannamann6pl.jpg

Obstructed_View
05-10-2005, 07:14 PM
So could you describe Grant Hill as a player that has been out a lot do him having a very bad ankle that he has injured more than once in his career? How many surgeries has he had on it? Have you watched the Grant Hill documentary that was on ESPN a while back? I think it's a very accurate description for Hill's ankle. The saying is regularly applied to boxers' jaws who are easily knocked out. It was also used in the movie "Unbreakable" as a description of the villian who had the disease which left him with weak bones, and as such, was prone to having his bones break often. I never said Hill was a wuss or compared him to Allen. You compared the Allen situation with the events that lead to Hill's injuries., not me. I don't believe Allen suffered anything similar to what Hill went through. As noted many times, Allen was jogging at the game after he was injured. That to me, doesn't sound as serious physically, as it does mentally.
No, Grant Hill had one severe ankle injury that never healed properly and was re-injured. That does not make him injury prone. The term "glass jaw" implies a guy can't take a punch, not that his jaw breaks easily. Using the term to describe Hill is therefore insulting. A villain in a comic book with osteogenesis imperfecta has nothing to do with the boxing term. It was a nickname given by children to be cruel. Again, if you compare it to what you said about Hill it's an insult.

I'm done derailing this thread. If you don't agree with me we'll have to agree to disagree.