PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 reasons why we should still believe:

TDfan2007
05-09-2010, 01:30 AM
1) The Law of Averages

I don't give a shit if this Suns team is the best 3-point shooting team in history, they're accuracy on contested shots and from beyond the arc this series has been ridiculous. The law of averages says that those shots won't keep falling.

2) Goran Drajic is still Goran Drajic

That won't ever happen again. Not much more needs to be said here.

3) They're still the Suns and we're still the Spurs

Coming back from a 3-0 deficit has never been done before, but it's not impossible. The cliche approach of taking it one game at a time is the way to go. If the Spurs win game 4, then take game 5 in Phoenix, doubt will more than likely start creeping in among the Suns fanbase and probably the players themselves and momentum in the series will have completely shifted, especially considering the history between these two teams.

4) Tony Parker hasn't played his best ball yet

He didn't have an MRI so everything should be fine. Expect Tony to come out and play solid, aggressive ball.

5) Tim Fucking Duncan

He's not about to let this team lose without a fight. In 2006 with the Spurs down 3 games to 1 against Dallas, Tim scored 28 points in the first half of game 5. In game 5 last year against Dallas he dropped 30 on the Mavs without a good knee to speak of. The Suns still don't have an answer for him and I'll be SHOCKED if he ends up with only 9 FGAs in game 4.

The one thing that keeps me grounded though is this team's lack of fire in certain playoff games. Game 5 against Dallas and Game 2 against Phoenix were gutless efforts by almost everyone on the team. Usually when the Spurs used to lose in playoff games, it was because they couldn't buy a bucket or because they missed a lot of free throws (like games 1 and 3 of this series). I've never seen the Spurs put forth two abysmal playoff games in terms of effort. Those two games make me wonder about the toughness and will of our supporting cast/bench.

dav4463
05-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Backs are against the wall. Spurs are like the original guys trying to defend The Alamo! Odds are stacked against us! No room for error now! No excuses! Just play Spurs basketball for four consecutive games. Anything is possible. Someday a team will come back from 3-0. Why not this year?

GO SPURS GO !!!

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Backs are against the wall. Spurs are like the original guys trying to defend The Alamo! Odds are stacked against us! No room for error now! No excuses! Just play Spurs basketball for four consecutive games. Anything is possible. Someday a team will come back from 3-0. Why not this year?

GO SPURS GO !!!

poor metaphor, alamo defenders got curbstomped

TDfan2007
05-09-2010, 01:43 AM

:lol

Yes hopefully tomorrow goes better than the Alamo...

DMX7
05-09-2010, 02:07 AM
Those seem more like 5 reasons I shouldn't believe.

Sisk
05-09-2010, 02:24 AM
:lmao

Those seem more like 5 reasons I shouldn't believe.

??? Explain

wait never mind.. you started the "fuck tim duncan" thread

explanation unnecessary

D. Nile
05-09-2010, 02:29 AM
I like this bloke!

That's the spirit. This thing's just getting started. Coach Pop's the dogs' bollocks and when the Spurs are done with those Phoenix fanny flaps, Fabbs will even be arse over tits for him.

The coach knows what he's doing and there's still a good month until the Finals. The Spurs got this.

The name's Dempsey, mates. I've lurked here for a while and have enjoyed the site immensely. Good stuff.

toodle pip.

Vash01
05-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Good luck to you all Spurs fans. You may even win game 4, but beating THIS Suns team 4 times in a row is highly improbable. They did not win 3x by chance. They did not score 110 pts against your team six times this season by chance. You will need to get very very lucky to win this series. Given the hard luck the Suns have had over the years, it could happen again, but I hope the law of averages comes in at this point.

About the top five reasons listed above, I agree that Dragic will not have that kind of performance again, but someone else will do whatever is needed to get win #4 for the Suns. This is a different team and a different time.

peskypesky
05-09-2010, 02:50 AM
the only hope for the spurs is a serious injury to Steve Nash. he rapes these Spurs.

D. Nile
05-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Blimey, I wasn't aware meat curtains could type. Pop is just giving his boys a bit of a test to make them better down the road. The Finals are about a month from now and he should have them fit and rounded into form by then.

It's blates obvious what the coach is up to. Typical Phoenix blighters; back ticklers born an bred.

Cheerio.

Libri
05-09-2010, 02:56 AM

:lol

TJastal
05-09-2010, 02:57 AM
I like this bloke!

That's the spirit. This thing's just getting started. Coach Pop's the dogs' bollocks and when the Spurs are done with those Phoenix fanny flaps, Fabbs will even be arse over tits for him.

The coach knows what he's doing and there's still a good month until the Finals. The Spurs got this.

The name's Dempsey, mates. I've lurked here for a while and have enjoyed the site immensely. Good stuff.

toodle pip.

You'll have to check out the Pollyanna Popper club then, maybe share some cookies and tea while you swap vintage tales of the legendary HOF coach named Popovich

m33p0
05-09-2010, 02:59 AM
recommended reading.
Are You Setting Yourself Up for Failure? by Nick Maise (http://searchwarp.com/swa45824.htm)
Trying too hard to be perfect: you could be setting yourself up ... (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0846/is_3_22/ai_92587614/)
Set Yourself Up For Failure Articles (http://www.suite101.com/reference/set_yourself_up_for_failure)

D. Nile
05-09-2010, 03:14 AM
You'll have to check out the Pollyanna Popper club then, maybe share some cookies and tea while you swap vintage tales of the legendary HOF coach named Popovich

Pollyanna Popper Club, sounds interesting mucca. But it seems a brass monkeys response. No worries, mucca. Ye 've got to trust the coach. He's given us four rings, uphill gardener. Stop effing those bloater bitches that put ye in such a bad mood and start enjoying the ride. Again, the spurs hae for rings bendo.

WalterBenitez
05-09-2010, 07:22 AM
I'll recover my faith as soon as we get tonite and next game, so far I'm pesimistic.

Spurologist
05-09-2010, 08:32 AM
1) The Law of Averages

I don't give a shit if this Suns team is the best 3-point shooting team in history, they're accuracy on contested shots and from beyond the arc this series has been ridiculous. The law of averages says that those shots won't keep falling.

2) Goran Drajic is still Goran Drajic

That won't ever happen again. Not much more needs to be said here.

3) They're still the Suns and we're still the Spurs

Coming back from a 3-0 deficit has never been done before, but it's not impossible. The cliche approach of taking it one game at a time is the way to go. If the Spurs win game 4, then take game 5 in Phoenix, doubt will more than likely start creeping in among the Suns fanbase and probably the players themselves and momentum in the series will have completely shifted, especially considering the history between these two teams.

4) Tony Parker hasn't played his best ball yet

He didn't have an MRI so everything should be fine. Expect Tony to come out and play solid, aggressive ball.

5) Tim Fucking Duncan

He's not about to let this team lose without a fight. In 2006 with the Spurs down 3 games to 1 against Dallas, Tim scored 28 points in the first half of game 5. In game 5 last year against Dallas he dropped 30 on the Mavs without a good knee to speak of. The Suns still don't have an answer for him and I'll be SHOCKED if he ends up with only 9 FGAs in game 4.

The one thing that keeps me grounded though is this team's lack of fire in certain playoff games. Game 5 against Dallas and Game 2 against Phoenix were gutless efforts by almost everyone on the team. Usually when the Spurs used to lose in playoff games, it was because they couldn't buy a bucket or because they missed a lot of free throws (like games 1 and 3 of this series). I've never seen the Spurs put forth two abysmal playoff games in terms of effort. Those two games make me wonder about the toughness and will of our supporting cast/bench.

I'm still shocked by Goran Drajic. This spurs team is too good to be swept. One game at a time. I am SIGNED IN.

Spurs

johnnyblues
05-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Just foul them the way we fouled dallas and we should be ok.:ihit