PDA

View Full Version : TP interview - A huge deception

Bukefal
05-09-2010, 05:01 AM
« A huge deception »

Defeated by Phoenix for the 3rd time, the Spurs are close to leaving the playoffs.

Tony, the 3rd Game last evening turned into a nightmare…
We did a very good start and we even led by 18 points in the 2nd quarter and suddenly, nothing. We were stuck. No more scoring. On top of this, I fell on my shoulder and got injured. Right after that I missed free-throws, I couldn’t lift my arm anymore, my shots were too short. The 2nd half was a disaster. .As for Phoenix, Dragic was on fire and scored 23 points in the 3rd quarter. Basketball is a weird sport. Sometimes, there’s no logic. But that’s the beauty of this sport too.

It is even more disappointing that Stoudemire wasn’t successful offensively…
That’s why I don’t understand what happened and why I say basketball is very weird!!We were controlling rebounds, Nash, and Stoudemire and we turned a lot of balls over. Eventually, their bench killed us. Of course, our deception is huge.

Gregg Popovich decided to put you in the starting five. Even if he was right to do so in the 1st half, the second was not what he was hoping for.
I was happy to be in the starting five but I had to deal with my sore shoulder very quick. It makes me angry and it’s very frustrating. But that’s sports. I deal with it and I’m not hiding behind anything.

Do we have to be worried for Sunday ?
I had X rays for my back and my shoulder after the game. I should have an MRI today to know more. We’ll do our best to soothe the pain.

Now, only a miracle could make you go on.
It is going to be very difficult. The NBA history shows it is almost impossible to win a series when you’re led 3-0. That’s not a reason to give up. It is still positive and now we’re looking towards next game (Sunday). We don’t want to let Phoenix win this way. but tonight they killed us .

Pero
05-09-2010, 05:57 AM
Is this google translated or something? :lol

Bukefal
05-09-2010, 06:14 AM
No this one is taken from his website, it was already translated.:)

http://en.tp9.net/%C2%AB-a-huge-deception-%C2%BB-354

Pero
05-09-2010, 06:24 AM
In that case, what the hell does he mean with deception??? :lol
(plus Dragic scored 23 in the 4th not the 3rd, obviously Parker wasn't paying attention :lol)

stéphane
05-09-2010, 06:47 AM
déception in french means disappointment

Pero
05-09-2010, 07:02 AM

Ohhhh, thanks.

EIC
05-09-2010, 11:04 AM

Or maybe TP means that the Spurs have been toying with the Suns all along and have just been waiting to turn it on in Game 4, at which time they will go on a 4-0 run to beat the Suns in such an epic and disappointing fashion that it destroys the Suns franchise forever!