PDA

View Full Version : Best Post-game Quotes of the 2005 Semis

milkyway21
05-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Spurs-Sonics game 1

1. Pops on Big Dog's solid defensive work on Lewis & Daniels.

is defense contagious?
What has gotten into a player whose offensive ascendancy covered up for gross defensive deficiencies in the past?

"We had him hypnotized about two weeks ago," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said
:D

2. Big Dog's anwer:

"I've never played with a great big man like Timmy before," Robinson said, "and that's what's great. That's why I've worked on my shot even more. I'm used to shooting with a hand in my face. When I first got here I got a couple of wide-open looks, and they didn't fall because I was so shocked. I'm just not used to getting wide-open looks. But I get them now." :D

"Well, then, let's keep it going," he said. "Let's ride this all the way out to the championship."

:smokin :smokin :smokin

milkyway21
05-10-2005, 03:23 AM
Game 1 Spurs-Sonics series:

Early in Sunday's game, Bowen stuck an elbow in Allen's chest, and as Allen tried to move past, he pushed Bowen's elbow away. Official Derrick Stafford ignored the elbow and called the foul on Allen.

"He told me [Bowen] was allowed to stick his elbow out like that," Allen said. "I told him I didn't know about the new rule. I didn't get the memo. He's letting me get beat up, and if I retaliate I get the foul."

:cry :cry :cry crybaby.

Jimcs50
05-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Up until now, part of me still wanted to believe that the Spurs would be able to get past the Suns even though they would hold homecourt advantage when/if they met in the WC Finals. But after watching them clobber the Griz and manhandle a very game Mavs team tonight, I'm convinced that we're going to need a lot of luck if we hope to make it to the Finals. Not only did they beat the Mavs handily, but they made it look easy.- IcecoldBrewski

Of course, we are talking about an Eagles' fan....nuff said.

:)

CosmicCowboy
05-10-2005, 11:20 AM
This one is the best of the playoffs though...:lol

Yep, that's right. It's over. Tim Duncan is not healthy. He has no chance of getting healthy, the more he plays the more risk he's taking on getting hurt more.

The failures of the past are still haunting the Spurs. The inability to make a shot during crunch time. The poor execution, missed shots, weak defense.

There is no chemistry on this team. I don't give a crap what you say. Players are not setting screens, they aren't making good passes. Tony and Manu are driving the ball into the paint without success and making stupid decisions.

Rasho is hurt, Devin is hurt. We have a rookie pg that sucks. We have new faces that don't know each other yet.

The Spurs have been playing like shit for 2 months now. This is not fresh stuff. I don't know if you realize this but #2 seeds don't lose to #7 seeds.

This is no fluke, Denver is a better team than San Antonio since Duncan is barely 50%. Without Tim, this team has no chance.

Tim should rest and blow off this year. Save the embarassment, at least POP will have a reason.

:pctoss

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-10-2005, 11:47 AM
^^ Nice Cosmic! :lol

milkyway21
05-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Game 1 Suns vs. Mavs

MAVS BICKERING AFTER GAME 1 LOSS

PHOENIX (AP) -- A prominent pair of Dallas Mavericks are bickering in the wake of the team's blowout loss to the Phoenix Suns in Game 1 of the Western Conference playoffs.

That's just one of the problems rookie coach Avery Johnson has to rectify before the teams meet again on Wednesday night.

Team leader Dirk Nowitzki criticized Erick Dampier after Amare Stoudemire outscored the Dallas center 40-0 in Monday night's 127-102 Phoenix victory.

"He's a step slow on everything," Nowitzki said after the game. "He never got involved in the game. He has always been in foul trouble. The first series was the same thing. He gets a quick two fouls in the first two or three minutes, and we can't be aggressive any more. Then he gets the third foul and has to sit."

Nowitzki didn't stop there.

"The bottom line is we've got to get something out of our center position," he said. "We really haven't gotten anything out of it."

Nowitzki also shouted at Dampier as the two ran down the court following a three-point play by Stoudemire over the Dallas center's back.

Dampier lashed back before the team's workout on Tuesday.

"He can say what he wants," Dampier said. "We really didn't get a lot from anyone. This is not a one individual game. It's a team concept. We didn't play the way we are capable of playing, so for him to say something like that is totally stupid."

Told of Dampier's remarks, Johnson said, "You know what's stupid? The way the Mavericks played the last game, that was stupid.":rolleyes

HB22inSA
05-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Pop's always good for a couple of Zingers.

He really thinks the media asks alot of dumb questions.

He just doesn't have alot of patience for stupidity.

milkyway21
05-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Mavs-Suns game 1 postgame quote continues...

Nowitzki, meanwhile, stood by his post-game comments.

"I'm not going to change what I said, and I don't think I need to talk to him," he said.

paging, mouse :lol :lol :lol

Dex
05-10-2005, 08:47 PM
I think the Avery Johnson thing is a win-win situation for us.

Not only does it crimp Dallas' chances at contention, but he also seems a shoe-in to provide some colorful post-game commentary so we all can get our chuckles. :lol

picnroll
05-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Damn, what the hell does Dirk want? After all Damp's not in a contrat year.

milkyway21
05-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Game 2- Spurs vs. Sonics

Using his usual array of layups and long jumpers, the suave Argentine Manu pepped up the San Antonio offense as soon as he stepped on the court Tuesday night. Ginobili ended up making 9 of 11 shots and scoring 28 points, leading the Spurs to a 108-91 victory over the Seattle SuperSonics on Tuesday night for a 2-0 lead in their second-round series.

"I don't really know what he does," said San Antonio center Tim Duncan, who was his usual steady self with 25 points, nine rebounds and three blocks. "He just kind of puts his head down and goes and we pray for the best."

Ginobili's head was up when Duncan spoke. He laughed and shouted, "That's so unfair."

:lmao :lmao :lmao

milkyway21
05-11-2005, 02:15 AM
"This team is not Sacramento," Sonics center Jerome James said. "This is a much more defensive-minded team."