PDA

View Full Version : philosophy against phoenix's success

TE
05-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Obviously, since I am a Spurs fan I say and conduct my actions accordingly in biased fashion, so with that said I would like to say screw the suns and screw their fanbase. I hate the Phoenix suns fan only because they heck'll and whine and are pretty much just bandwagon fans going for whatever their arch enemy (Spurs) have to face. I don't mean to burst the fanbase of the Phoenix Suns, but you all should be down in this series...I'll tell you why:...

Shooting:
This Phoenix Suns team is ridiculous in terms of shooting. When Scrub players like Dragic, Frye, and Dudley step up to play out of their minds you most certainly get the outcome of this series (3-0). History says that the aforementioned scrub players shouldn't be shooting like this. So it's just a matter of luck.

Lack of Defense:
This team really misses someone like Bruce Bowen. Bruce was our enforcer, our catalyst for the defensive juggernaut we once were. Now look at us. George Hill played very well against Dallas defensively against J-Kidd, but look at him now. Dude is playing like a pussy. Given the softness of Nash, Hill should be pushing him around... I really DGAF about foul calling, what matters is our team showing some type of defensive enforcer. The defensive play of our team just has to grow some balls, and fast. The only reason this Suns team is shooting lights out is cause we are playing soft defensively.

So c'mon, get with the fucking program...

Let's take this one game at a time, with some improved defensive play and good offensive stretches.

We'll be alright if we play like this.

And like I said, to revisit my earlier assertion, the Suns should be down right now...Only because this Spurs team just isn't playing SPURS BASKETBALL.

So get with it baby, and lets take this away while we still have a fighters chance and championship moxy!!!:toast

SpursTillTheEnd
05-09-2010, 06:30 AM
Play bogans yes i said it play bogans he can shut down that dude that went off on us game 3

TJastal
05-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Play bogans yes i said it play bogans he can shut down that dude that went off on us game 3

The only success Bogans has had this year (that I've seen) is against other teams' power guards/forwards.

Bogans can't guard jumpshooters (can't contest worth a shit) or quick crafty players (he's too slow).

Which essentially means Dragic would make him his own personal bitch.

SpursTillTheEnd
05-09-2010, 07:00 AM
naw bogans shut down steve nash when he was guarding him before he had that stupid foul at the end of the first

TJastal
05-09-2010, 07:10 AM
naw bogans shut down steve nash when he was guarding him before he had that stupid foul at the end of the first

IIRC he had several "stupid" fouls which preceded his departure from the game.

rr2418
05-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Obviously, since I am a Spurs fan I say and conduct my actions accordingly in biased fashion, so with that said I would like to say screw the suns and screw their fanbase. I hate the Phoenix suns fan only because they heck'll and whine and are pretty much just bandwagon fans going for whatever their arch enemy (Spurs) have to face. I don't mean to burst the fanbase of the Phoenix Suns, but you all should be down in this series...I'll tell you why:...

Shooting:
This Phoenix Suns team is ridiculous in terms of shooting. When Scrub players like Dragic, Frye, and Dudley step up to play out of their minds you most certainly get the outcome of this series (3-0). History says that the aforementioned scrub players shouldn't be shooting like this. So it's just a matter of luck.

Lack of Defense:
This team really misses someone like Bruce Bowen. Bruce was our enforcer, our catalyst for the defensive juggernaut we once were. Now look at us. George Hill played very well against Dallas defensively against J-Kidd, but look at him now. Dude is playing like a pussy. Given the softness of Nash, Hill should be pushing him around... I really DGAF about foul calling, what matters is our team showing some type of defensive enforcer. The defensive play of our team just has to grow some balls, and fast. The only reason this Suns team is shooting lights out is cause we are playing soft defensively.

So c'mon, get with the fucking program...

Let's take this one game at a time, with some improved defensive play and good offensive stretches.

We'll be alright if we play like this.

And like I said, to revisit my earlier assertion, the Suns should be down right now...Only because this Spurs team just isn't playing SPURS BASKETBALL.

So get with it baby, and lets take this away while we still have a fighters chance and championship moxy!!!:toast

I agree! There no defensive stoppers on this team. And there will not be any by tonights game. I"m hoping that Pop comes up with a "real" defensive plan to stop their pick n rolls.

The Suns have been shooting great all year. They are not going into a shooting slump for 4 staight games. So the Spurs are going to have to do something defensively. I do think that someone should go in there and play "hard" defense on Nash. Bowen, where are you????

Baseline
05-09-2010, 12:42 PM
The fact that we don't a long perimeter defender is hurting us badly. When Hil and Parker run at guys on the three-point line, the shooter knows they aren't going to block the shot. It's just a hand in the face at best, so who cares - let it rip. But if we still had Bowen, the shooters have something to think about at all times. They also have to think about coming down on Bowen's foot, whcih is a huge psychological issue for shooters.

It's not only disappointing that Pop prematurely ended Bowen's career, but that the other Spur perimeter players didn't seem to learn anything from Bowen.