PDA

View Full Version : Spurs role players need to be bad boys...

Riverwalkman
05-09-2010, 10:31 AM
When I saw the little white boy Goran Dragic did everything he wanted on Spurs, I was missing something Spurs really lacking, that's not skill, that's not concentration, that's not determination, that is...attitude. Why?

Remember what had Horry done to Nash, what have Bruce done to Nash...we never lost mentality against suns in the previouse series, but this time it's a different story. Spurs today are tending to be too gentle, but basketball is obviously more than that.

I really want to know if Bruce Bowen was on the team, would the little white boy spray all over the Spurs? Of course he couldn't, because he would lose his "balls" before getting hot.:lol

George Hill is a promising guard, but he is too nice as a role player, Oh sorry I forgot Roger Mason is nicer, and Matt Bonner is the nicest.

While big 3 are all good boys, our role players need to be a little bit "bad". That's why we had Avery Johnson, Stephen Jackson, Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen.

dbestpro
05-09-2010, 10:36 AM
I tend to agree. Blair is way to nice. He has a nice smile, but it just does very little to intimidate someone from coming down the lane. Bogans can get a little nasty but he you have to be nasty and smart. Bogans lacks the smart side of the game. This is the one way Hairston could stick with the team in the future. The rest of them are just filler. I long for the return of the Bruise Brothers. You simply did not want to drive on those guys because you knew you would either get a shot blocked or you were going to end up on your back. The thing about those guys is they were not allstars. Just hard ass players.

boutons_deux
05-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Yep, Spurs layup guys are getting seriously beat up, intimidated, even hurt, and there's no responding toughness, not even any defense.

TJastal
05-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Spurs don't need thugs they need shotblockers. A guy like Tyrus Thomas or even Ratliff (or BOTH!) would have made a difference so far in this series toughening up the spurs' soft interior defense. Suddenly those layups aren't as easy to get off and you can crowd the perimeter shooters more without getting burned by the layup drills that those "little white boys" are running all over the spurs right now.

dbestpro
05-09-2010, 10:57 AM
I like shotblockers who can multi-task as thugs when needed.

blkroadrunners
05-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Spurs don't need thugs they need shotblockers. A guy like Tyrus Thomas or even Ratliff (or BOTH!) would have made a difference so far in this series toughening up the spurs' soft interior defense. Suddenly those layups aren't as easy to get off and you can crowd the perimeter shooters more without getting burned by the layup drills that those "little white boys" are running all over the spurs right now.

I somewhat agree w/ Thomas.

Nash and Frye would have a field day through PnR's if Theo just sees 5-10 minutes of PT. This just isn't his type of series.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Oh my God. We've become Nuggets / Sonics / Suns / Mavs fans that think playing physical has anything to do with playing dirty.

A Bruce Bowen would help the Spurs right now with his defense, not with cheap shots. Someone that thinks that's all he contributed has not understood what they were watching.

I'd much prefer the Spurs hustle for rebounds and keep up the pressure like they did for about 16 minutes in game 3.

Bender
05-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I tend to agree. Blair is way to nice. He has a nice smile, but it just does very little to intimidate someone from coming down the lane.
yeah I know. He's just a big ol' teddy bear, not a grizzly bear...

GSH
05-09-2010, 02:29 PM
While big 3 are all good boys, our role players need to be a little bit "bad". That's why we had Avery Johnson, Stephen Jackson, Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen.

And Mario Elie, and Tony Massenburg, and Kevin Willis. And people forget that guys like Danny Ferry, and Terry Porter would lay some wood on a shooter and make him earn it from the line instead of getting an and-1. Hell, Malik Rose and Brent Barry were scrappy.

It's big boys' rules in the playoffs. Phoenix has been hammering the crap out of Tim, Tony, and Manu, and making sure that there aren't many 3-point plays. When our guys have been late on defensive rotations, they have made a bunch of dainty fouls. I don't think the Suns have left any of these games feeling like they had been in a war.

pjjrfan
05-09-2010, 03:18 PM
And Mario Elie, and Tony Massenburg, and Kevin Willis. And people forget that guys like Danny Ferry, and Terry Porter would lay some wood on a shooter and make him earn it from the line instead of getting an and-1. Hell, Malik Rose and Brent Barry were scrappy.

It's big boys' rules in the playoffs. Phoenix has been hammering the crap out of Tim, Tony, and Manu, and making sure that there aren't many 3-point plays. When our guys have been late on defensive rotations, they have made a bunch of dainty fouls. I don't think the Suns have left any of these games feeling like they had been in a war.

I gotta agree with that, but these same guys were laying some wood on the Mavs to the point of submission, maybe the problem here is they can't get a body on any of these guys.

EmptyMan
05-09-2010, 03:24 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/23lktn8.gif

Riverwalkman
05-09-2010, 07:04 PM

Pop should show players this video and say:"That's the way I want you to play.":lol

Tito_Trinidad
05-09-2010, 08:25 PM

Thats the way Spurs need to kick Amare in the paint. One technical or a suspension is better than losing the series. Lets put Bonner do this to Amare. Then Mason the same thing to Nash.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Why not just knife one of them in their hotel room? What's a lilttle jail time if it lets our team win a basketball game?

TampaDude
05-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Thats the way Spurs need to kick Amare in the paint. One technical or a suspension is better than losing the series. Lets put Bonner do this to Amare. Then Mason the same thing to Nash.

Yeah...let's injure Amare and Nash so the Lakers will have an even easier time in the WCF. :lol

Harry Callahan
05-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Phoenix wins by shooting 3's at a higher percentage than anyone else. Their way to be "tough" is to undercut Parker and punch Duncan in the kidneys when he's in the post.

The Spurs can't get to all their shooters and that's the way its been. The Suns are a good team, but a team with multiple theats down low would pound them into submission. SA does not have that team right now.