PDA

View Full Version : He tied him back in October of '09...

Yonivore
05-09-2010, 11:05 AM
...but, I've yet to hear any caterwauling from the left about how insensitive is a president that golfs while Tennessee drowns.

President Obama ties George W. Bush on golf (http://www.politico.com/click/stories/0910/obama_ties_bush_on_golf.html)

While Tennessee struggles with flooding disaster… Obama goes golfing (http://politipage.com/2010/05/08/while-tennessee-struggles-with-flooding-disaster-obama-goes-golfing/)

Not to mention the oil is starting to hit the beaches.

Again, I'll await the left's condemnation of this president fiddling while Rome burns.

Yonivore
05-09-2010, 11:15 AM
That first story I posted didn't do him justice!

Barack Obama plays golf eight more times than George W Bush (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/7607947/Barack-Obama-plays-golf-eight-more-times-than-George-W-Bush.html)

That's eight more times than Bush did his ENTIRE two terms in office.

32 rounds as of April of 2010? That's close to 3 times a month.

ChumpDumper
05-09-2010, 12:07 PM
He never lied about quitting.

Bush lied about quitting.

Wild Cobra
05-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Wanna take bets on if he vacations more also?

admiralsnackbar
05-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Wanna take bets on if he vacations more also?

That'd be a toughie to beat.

Ignignokt
05-09-2010, 05:26 PM
He never lied about quitting.

Bush lied about quitting.

:lmao

excuses.

admiralsnackbar
05-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Not that I'm really defending the guy, but it seems worth raising that Katrina was a natural disaster enhanced by governmental ineptitude (the levees), whereas this is more or less BP's mess to clean up. Besides lending scientists and chemical/biological resources to assist with the clean-up, I don't know what Obama is supposed to say beyond that which he already did last week when he spoke in LA.

Yonivore
05-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Not that I'm really defending the guy, but it seems worth raising that Katrina was a natural disaster, whereas this is BP's mess to clean up. Besides lending scientists and chemical/biological resources to assist with the clean-up, I don't know what Obama is supposed to say beyond that which he already did last week when he spoke in LA.
If you want to pick nits, the Katrina disaster was a result of man-made levees failing after decades of neglect because Louisiana politicians (principally Democrat) diverted maintenance and upgrade monies from the federal government.

admiralsnackbar
05-09-2010, 05:39 PM
If you want to pick nits, the Katrina disaster was a result of man-made levees failing after decades of neglect because Louisiana politicians (principally Democrat) diverted maintenance and upgrade monies from the federal government.

Yeah, I caught that right after I posted originally, and I agree that it could have happened to any president. Where Bush may have fucked that up from a PR perspective is in how long it took him to get to LA to do a press conference and "rally the human spirit." His FEMA guy was also a royal nitwit.

Yonivore
05-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I caught that right after I posted originally, and I agree that it could have happened to any president. Where Bush may have fucked that up from a PR perspective is in how long it took him to get to LA to do a press conference and "rally the human spirit." His FEMA guy was also a royal nitwit.
And, to be fair, the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor of Louisiana didn't do their citizens any favors with respect to how they coordinated disaster response with the Federal Government.

admiralsnackbar
05-09-2010, 05:45 PM
And, to be fair, the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor of Louisiana didn't do their citizens any favors with respect to how they coordinated disaster response with the Federal Government.

Nope. It was a disaster in every sense.

Nbadan
05-09-2010, 10:34 PM

What? They followed the FEMA plan to the letter...if there was flaw, it was at the Federal level...they should have sent buses from other states, increased the amount of gas available in the region, and arranged to have the poor and destitute moved to a safer area...you know, the way FEMA was designed to work....that was a Federal mistake...

Winehole23
05-10-2010, 02:56 AM
Another golf thread? Please wake me when it's over. :sleep

ChumpDumper
05-10-2010, 04:41 AM
:lmao

excuses.He needs no excuses.

He plays golf. Says he plays golf.

You whine about it.

What's your excuse?

Ignignokt
05-10-2010, 08:08 AM
He needs no excuses.

He plays golf. Says he plays golf.

You whine about it.

What's your excuse?

I'm sure he has no shame in it.

He's not crying about defending himself, why are you?

George Gervin's Afro
05-10-2010, 08:19 AM
I'm sure he has no shame in it.

He's not crying about defending himself, why are you?

Why do you keep coming backfor more? Do you like looking stupid?

Yonivore
05-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Another golf thread? Please wake me when it's over. :sleep
How 'bout we don't and just move on without you?

Oh, Gee!!
05-10-2010, 08:58 AM
TN has been declared a federal emergency and federal funds/workers are on working on the issue. Napolitano has visited the area on behalf of the administration. Sounds like more whining from Yoni.

boutons_deux
05-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Yoni doesn't whine as much as he nips at ankles, dragging in little pieces of ratshit he thinks are significant dings on his hated Magic Negro.

Winehole23
05-10-2010, 01:50 PM
How 'bout we don't and just move on without you?You didn't get very far.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Maybe you're not hearing anything because he's doing his job and his FEMA staff isn't headed by an incompetent Mike Brown.

Just a guess.

Tennessee Governor "very pleased" with response to flooding by Obama administration (http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/05/06/tennessee-governor-very-pleased-with-response-to-flooding-by-obama-administration/)

"I've never seen this kind of response," said Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen (D), "and we've had our share of tornadoes and so forth." The Volunteer State governor was speaking to reporters on a conference call arranged by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) from Nashville, which has been hit hard by rains last weekend.
"FEMA and the White House could not have been more helpful in this thing," Bredesen said. Record amounts of rain fell Saturday and Sunday, more than 13 inches recorded in parts of Tennessee. Officials Thursday reported the state's 20th death from the storm and subsequent flooding.
After speaking with the governor Monday, President Obama signed a disaster declaration for the state Tuesday, sending federal aid to Tennessee to help supplement the state and local recovery efforts. While Governor Bredesen wouldn't put a precise dollar amount on a damage assessment, he admitted, "it's a lot of money, it's a lot of money. I'd be astonished if not a billion dollars."
Governor Bredesen recognized his state's emergency was "sandwiched between" the news coverage of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and the attempted car bombing in New York's Times Square, and while he wanted to call national attend to the "extraordinary event", he noted the Obama administration has been focused from the beginning. "FEMA was on the ground before the rain drops fell," said Bredesen, who noted he'd not only spoken to Mr. Obama, but Homeland Security Secretary Napolitano and Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett. "We're very pleased with the response we've gotten from the administration."
Bredesen said that during their Monday conversation, he and Mr. Obama did talk about a future presidential visit. Both agreed it would be counter-productive for the president to come down south in the first days following the storm as so many resources are needed to accommodate a presidential visit. Bredesen said however that "if he wanted to do so at this point, he'd be very welcome."
The Tennessee governor says no one in his state feels "slighted" by the fact the president has not yet been down to assess the damage first hand. "He has a lot on his plate, and we're working through these things with FEMA and the Red Cross," said Bredesen. "But he's welcome to come any time he wants," as is Secretary Napolitano, to whom Bredesen has also extended an invitation, and she's accepted - the secretary will head to Tennessee Saturday to visit Nashville and the surrounding areas. Napolitano will meet with Governor Bredesen and FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate, who is currently in state, on his second trip to Tennessee since last weekend's storm.

And god damn I love the source.

http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/05/06/tennessee-governor-very-pleased-with-response-to-flooding-by-obama-administration/

Yonivore
05-10-2010, 02:26 PM
You didn't get very far.
It's not over, why are you awake?

NFGIII
05-10-2010, 02:37 PM
That first story I posted didn't do him justice!

Barack Obama plays golf eight more times than George W Bush (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/7607947/Barack-Obama-plays-golf-eight-more-times-than-George-W-Bush.html)

That's eight more times than Bush did his ENTIRE two terms in office.

32 rounds as of April of 2010? That's close to 3 times a month.

How the hell is he going to lower his handicap if he doesn't play that often? In fact I think he needs a driving range and putting green built at the white house and one in Camp David. Golf seems to be his main source of relaxation so he needs to keep playing. It will make him stay sharp when on the job.

All work and no play makes for a very dull and ineffecient person. Our nation's very survival depends on it.

Yonivore
05-10-2010, 02:39 PM
How the hell is he going to lower his handicap if he doesn't play that often? In fact I think he needs a driving range and putting green built at the white house and one in Camp David. Golf seems to be his main source of relaxation so he needs to keep playing. It will make him stay sharp when on the job.

All work and no play makes for a very dull and ineffecient person. Our nation's very survival depends on it.
Point taken.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Ignorance is bliss I guess.

LnGrrrR
05-10-2010, 06:17 PM
I know this may sound like an excuse for him, but Isherwood always playing alone? Don't CEOs sometimes talk business while golfing?

I mean, that's how it's done on TV :)

Wild Cobra
05-11-2010, 06:58 PM
That'd be a toughie to beat.
Except you do have to remove the three weeks president Bush was away due to the White House remodeling.