PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers NBA Forum

21_Blessings
05-09-2010, 01:21 PM
It's been pretty quiet around here minus the terrible trolls. I mean first the mass Dallas fan exodus and now Spurs fan on the verge of going Jonestown.

Hey Western Conference tell us how that Lakers ass taste

mavsfan1000
05-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Luck the Fakers

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Well sorry. We'd be talking shit but we don't wanna give any more ammunition. Once the new Suns fans stop having their fun upstairs and find their way into the NBA forum you'll have your fun.

badfish22
05-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Then Lakerfans are going to disappear all summer after they don't ring, and "finish last" as they like to say.

21_Blessings
05-09-2010, 01:35 PM
3 straight laughably easy trips to the finals. When will the West actually provide a challenge to LA? 2014? :lol

milkshakeballa
05-09-2010, 01:36 PM
3 straight laughably easy trips to the finals. When will the West actually provide a challenge to LA? 2014? :lol

:hat:hat:hat

Ghazi
05-09-2010, 01:41 PM

Next year after the Mavs land the Whistler

badfish22
05-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Next year after the Mavs land the Whistler

:lmao

Ghazi
05-09-2010, 01:43 PM
In Dust we fucking trust :smokin

The Troll Whisperer
05-09-2010, 01:44 PM
It's been pretty quiet around here minus the terrible trolls. I mean first the mass Dallas fan exodus and now Spurs fan on the verge of going Jonestown.

Hey Western Conference tell us how that Lakers ass taste

Notice how this troll walks about with his tail in the air. This shows that while he gives off the appearance of being a pack leader, he is actually in fact edgy and insecure. When you show a calm assertive energy towards a troll like this, you show that you are the pack leader.

tsst!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 01:47 PM

It's becoming more like the pre-Jordan NBA with a joke Western conference, the problem is GM's in the West are too complacent, or they're just stupid. Look at what happened when the Magic lose to LA, they revamp their team and make noticeable roster improvements. What do the Nuggets do when they lose to LA? They do nothing other than upgrade their backup PG, which makes no sense. What made them believe a nearly identical roster could do something this year that it couldn't do the year before?

badfish22
05-09-2010, 01:50 PM
08 Laker got curbstomped by Boston, and came back with a nearly identical roster and won the ship in 09. But that could be more do to with KGs knee than anything else.

Cane
05-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Notice how this troll walks about with his tail in the air. This shows that while he gives off the appearance of being a pack leader, he is actually in fact edgy and insecure. When you show a calm assertive energy towards a troll like this, you show that you are the pack leader.

tsst!

:lol:toast

Ghazi
05-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Denver didn't really have assets to make dramatic change to their roster I don't think. Orlando had expiring contracts and a young player.

The Mavs made GREAT fucking moves to improve their chances against the Lakers but some faggot named George Hill starting hitting a bunch of horse shit shots.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 01:53 PM
They came back with Bynum and Ariza. LA doesn't get by Denver if they have VladRad and Vujacic playing major minutes.

21_Blessings
05-09-2010, 01:54 PM
The Mavs made LATERAL fucking moves to improve their chances against the Lakers .

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 02:00 PM
The Mavs made GREAT fucking moves to improve their chances against the Lakers.

Yeah, acquiring Shawn Marion was something that helps teams perform in the playoffs :rolleyes. Quit acting like Dallas has some great front office, I said the front offices are either complacent or stupid. In Dallas' case, their front office was stupid for thinking that Butler and Haywood would put them over the top.

badfish22
05-09-2010, 02:01 PM
In Dust we fucking trust :smokin

If the whistler goes anywhere I think it will be chicago. Id settle for Joe Johnson, even with his recent struggles. Still more of a slasher than Iggy.

badfish22
05-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah, acquiring Shawn Marion was something that helps teams perform in the playoffs :rolleyes. Quit acting like Dallas has some great front office, I said the front offices are either complacent or stupid. In Dallas' case, their front office was stupid for thinking that Butler and Haywood would put them over the top.

Butler and Haywood were definitely better options than the ones we currently had. But they still were not enough as our DUMBFUCK coach chose not to start one of them until game 5 and chose to fuck with the others head. Also Jason(x2) went completely fucking awol the whole series.

Ghazi
05-09-2010, 02:11 PM

Marion/Butler/Haywood were acquired for corpses (J-Ho/Stack/Wright/George). Those were two good deals no matter how you look at it and upgraded the Mavs talent level. And it isn't like the Kidd trade where they sacrificed picks/youth. It's easy to look back now and say those trades failed due to Hill's bullshit shooting and Carlisle's mishandling of the rotation.

It's not as if there's an infinite amount of Gasol and Garnett trades out there :rolleyes

Good trades that really didn't do anything to hurt the Mavs ability to improve going forward.

badfish22
05-09-2010, 02:15 PM
If the whistler goes anywhere I think it will be chicago. Id settle for Joe Johnson, even with his recent struggles. Still more of a slasher than Iggy.

Anyone who says "joe is basically I jump shooter, give me Iggy" (as I used to think) look at this.
http://mysite.verizon.net/~jthig32/iggyhotspot.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/~jthig32/jjhotspot.jpg

JJ is still primarily a jumpshooter but he still goes to the basket and can post up as he is a bigger 2 guard. He obviously has his warts but he can be a legit #2 which Dirk has never had.
Starting 5
Kidd- In limited minutes, maybe 30 a game
Joe- Hopefully with a mentality of slashing, but I still understand he will be shooting J's. He can now play off Dirk which will make it easier for him. When Kidd is on the bench he can handle the ball which helps with Roddys learning curve.
Caron- He needs to play like he did in games 5&6. Take it to the rim
Dirk- keep being Dirk. He needs to continue to work on his passing.
Haywood- starting

with Roddy coming off the bench, and Mav fans know that he can take it to the rim. Marion can be a defender off the bench. Jet can go suck a dick.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Everyone is making excuses for their team's and other team's front offices. Dallas had too many players playing significant minutes who on any given night will lay an egg. When you rely too much on guys like Terry, Kidd and Marion to make plays for your team down the stretch, nine out of ten times your team is gonna come up short. Yes, occasionally you get the 2006 Heat where everything clicks perfectly and they peak at the perfectly right time.

Maybe Dallas' trades and acquisitions were improvements, but they weren't enough. You can whine and complain that a player in the NBA hitting wide open shots is a fluke (even though most people would consider that stance retarded and butthurt), but if the Mavericks were a championship team they wouldn't have needed to leave George Hill wide open to defend the other 4 players on the court.

badfish22
05-09-2010, 02:33 PM
We obviously weren't a fucking championship team with Terry, Kidd and JJ getting major minutes. None of them can play defense to save their lives. Thats why Hill went off on us. But it wouldn't have mattered if Kidd and Jet played up to their usual season level, never mind stepping up their game for the playofffs. This wasn't a championship team, but it wasn't a first round exit team either.

Also :lmao at "when you rely too much on guys like... Marion to make plays for your team down the stretch"
we didn't rely on Marion for shit offensively all year. He wasn't the problem.

Like I said if next year we send JJ and Jet either packing or to the bench at a extremely reduced role, we can survive Kidds bad D and scoring.

Ghazi
05-09-2010, 02:39 PM
:tu to Mavs front office this year

:td to Hill's horse shit shooting.

Looking forward to what the Mavs have planned this offseason. Really they're just one impact player away.

BlackSwordsMan
05-09-2010, 02:42 PM

tsst!

badfish22
05-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Heres one of those horseshit shots:
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/41/fullj.6daefbfb17e422813152480653ddafb1/6daefbfb17e422813152480653ddafb1-getty-98014123rm020_dallas_maveri.jpg

How did he make that!

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/p5/20100426/04/3783729679.jpg

Would hate to take that in horse!

Heres one for tony:

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/p5/20100426/00/1438194848.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 02:50 PM
You can say they didn't rely on Marion to do anything offensively all you want, but he was still taking and missing plenty of shots for them in the 4th quarter and he took the 4th most shots out of any Dallas player in the playoffs. You can also rave about Marion's D all you want, but it doesn't change the great series Manu had on him. If Dallas is a contender next year Marion averages 20 MPG and is never in past the 8 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

Ghazi
05-09-2010, 02:51 PM
We obviously weren't a fucking championship team with Terry, Kidd and JJ getting major minutes. None of them can play defense to save their lives. Thats why Hill went off on us. But it wouldn't have mattered if Kidd and Jet played up to their usual season level, never mind stepping up their game for the playofffs. This wasn't a championship team, but it wasn't a first round exit team either.

Also :lmao at "when you rely too much on guys like... Marion to make plays for your team down the stretch"
we didn't rely on Marion for shit offensively all year. He wasn't the problem.

Like I said if next year we send JJ and Jet either packing or to the bench at a extremely reduced role, we can survive Kidds bad D and scoring.

Terry's role needs to be like that of Barbacoa's in Pheonix, eddie House for '08 Celtics, Barry for Spurs... Farmar for the Lakers etc

Just a guy who can come off the bench and maybe hit a few bullshit shots here and there... not relied as a 3rd offensive weapon.

Terry needs to be playing 25 minutes or less next year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 02:55 PM
http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/p5/20100426/04/3783729679.jpg

Would hate to take that in horse!

:lmao yeah what a fluke that was. A wide open three that he got to line up and step into with no one around. Don't know how George Hill made that! Once 40% three point shooters stop making wide open threes in Dallas, a championship is in the bag!

badfish22
05-09-2010, 02:56 PM
You can say they didn't rely on Marion to do anything offensively all you want, but he was still taking and missing plenty of shots for them in the 4th quarter and he took the 4th most shots out of any Dallas player in the playoffs. You can also rave about Marion's D all you want, but it doesn't change the great series Manu had on him. If Dallas is a contender next year Marion averages 20 MPG and is never in past the 8 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

19 points on 41% shooting= great series? ok.. that doesn't make the Spurs unbeatable. Kidd, JJ's and Jets D is what killed us.

btw Manu is averaging 22 ppg on 47% shooting and the Suns are getting ready to sweep. Why? George Hill and TP have been contained.

I agree that Marion should average 20 MPG or under next year if the Mavs want to contend.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Oh I agree Barea Kidd and Terry were bigger reasons why Dallas lost, my point was that Marion made his own losing contributions. I still think it's a delusional dream that Atlanta agrees to sign and trade Joe Johnson for basically nothing, but if that happens it gets them close to contention.

Fpoonsie
05-09-2010, 05:35 PM
:lmao yeah what a fluke that was. A wide open three that he got to line up and step into with no one around. Don't know how George Hill made that! Once 40% three point shooters stop making wide open threes in Dallas, a championship is in the bag!

I hafta imagine he was being sarcastic, otherwise...

resistanze
05-09-2010, 05:38 PM

:lol

Mad denial in this thread.

Goran Dragic
05-09-2010, 05:39 PM

This is Ghazi we're talking about. Anytime a role player on the other team hits a shot on Dallas, it's a "fluke shot" in his book. When Steve Kerr nailed four wide open 3's on Dallas in 2003, he considered it a fluke, regardless of the fact Kerr is one of the best 3 point shooters of all time.

badfish22
05-09-2010, 05:41 PM

You're smarter than this.....

:lol

Mad denial in this thread.

Not sure if you are.

Goran Dragic
05-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Badfish idk about, but I know Ghazi is 100% serious when he refers to players hitting "fluke shots" on Dallas. In Ghazi's mind Dallas is just really unlucky, every other NBA team never loses because they left a role player open.

BadOdor
05-09-2010, 05:51 PM
in Ghazi's mind, dallas is 2006 champs.

badfish22
05-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Of course I was being sarcastic. I thought that was one of the most obviously sarcastic post in the history of the internet.