PDA

View Full Version : Dear Basketball Gods :

Martin R
05-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I know this is useless and will have no effect on the basketball world you command, but please allow me to do it since my heart, more than my head, needs to. I hope it doesn't bother you.

I have been following San Antonio Spurs since Manu Ginobili joined in back in 2002. I have learnt to feel passionate about this team. I've learnt lot of ways to keep me awake late at night, grabbing minutes out of my sleep just to watch this team play. I've learnt to be pacience about mistakes and faithfull on scoring runs.

You know, Spurs are 0-3 and in a couple of hours we have the 4th game of this series.
I know you know the outcome and I know you wont tell me, but you know what?, I have FAITH.

No matter what you have already decided about the result of this game, I want you to know that in case you chose the Spurs to win, you will feed my FAITH enourmously and then I will ask you for a win in Phoenix....and so on. Book it.
I know you have trouble with people who feel so much love for somebody or something, so I know this is not helping in case you had decided the Suns to win.

Think about it. I know you won't do what I ask you to, but I also know I can give you what you need. LOVE & PASSION.

yours sincerely,
Martin

Amarelooms
05-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Check your testosterone level...

:elephant

arles
05-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Dear Basketball Gods:

Please donīt let some poor known-by-nobody player score 30 on us tonight. And please don't let the suns shoot 60% from the 3pt line.

Thank you.

smeagol
05-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Check your testosterone level...

How does it feel losing to the 8th and the 7th seed . . . ?

What is your level of embarassment?

dickface
05-09-2010, 05:47 PM
I have been following San Antonio Spurs since Manu Ginobili joined in back in 2002.

man, that's hardcore.

Amarelooms
05-09-2010, 05:48 PM
How does it feel losing to the 8th and the 7th seed . . . ?

What is your level of embarassment?

Pretty good considering I didn't play or lose....I have no affiliations with any team just like all you losers on here....

dickface
05-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Mods should really look to have a "Manu Ginobili" option for favorite team. That way posters from Argentina can be a little more honest about how dedicated they are to the Spurs.

Sisk
05-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Wasn't amarelooms saying God bless left and right like a few weeks back? Or am I confused?

Goran Dragic
05-09-2010, 06:37 PM
I have been following San Antonio Spurs since Manu Ginobili joined in back in 2002.

Wow, you're a die hard!

Goran Dragic
05-09-2010, 06:38 PM
man, that's hardcore.

:lmao I swear I didn't see this before I posted.

TampaDude
05-09-2010, 06:39 PM
I have no affiliations with any team

Then why the fuck are you on here, shit for brains??? :lol

Martin R
05-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Wow, you're a die hard!

I actually saw 3 championship trophy being risen by the team in just 7 years.
Not bad.
Now you tell me about the Suns.......oh wait....

Goran Dragic
05-09-2010, 06:48 PM
I actually saw 3 championship trophy being risen by the team in just 7 years.
Not bad.
Now you tell me about the Suns.......oh wait....

:lmao way to completely miss my point.

Ax3l
05-09-2010, 06:52 PM
what is so wrong about joining a team for a player exactly? :wakeup

Ginobili has been 8 years and counting in this team. Just because the OP may be from argentina doesnt make him less of a fan, ginobili is and will be a SPURS.
I would love to see the people who call themselves hardcore fans be in a team without the wits of manu, the leadership and the silent killer that duncan is, and the quickness of parker combined,and so on, that completly owned every other team and made them have to adapt to the spurs type of game. Unfortunately as this people leave we realize how important they were. Bowen for example.

Teams are defined by their players and their game, not about the name of their flag or how fucking long they have been in the NBA :lmao

Goran Dragic
05-09-2010, 06:55 PM
what is so wrong about joining a team for a player exactly? :wakeup

Ginobili has been 8 years and counting in this team. Just because the OP may be from argentina doesnt make him less of a fan, ginobili is and will be a SPURS.
I would love to see the people who call themselves hardcore fans be in a team without the wits of manu, the leadership and the silent killer that duncan is, and the quickness of parker combined,and so on, that completly owned every other team and made them have to adapt to the spurs type of game. Unfortunately as this people leave we realize how important they were. Bowen for example.

Teams are defined by their players and their game, not about the name of their flag or how fucking long they have been in the NBA :lmao

KjxzmaXAg9E

Riverwalkman
05-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Dear basketball gods:

Please let Duncan and Ginobili retain youth...

Or think about letting Pop change his mindset.