PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bonner = Momentum Killer

Lakers999
05-09-2010, 09:30 PM
every time you guys get a little bit of a run going this ginger gets the ball chucks it up and ...CLANG!!!!!!!!

LMAO LMAO LMAO

celldweller
05-09-2010, 09:33 PM
every time you guys get a little bit of a run going this ginger gets the ball chucks it up and ...CLANG!!!!!!!!

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Yea but,........................Your right. :depressed

Spursmania
05-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Nothing new here. No surprises. Bonner doing what he's been doing last playoffs and this year's payoffs.

Again, past performance is indicative of future performance.

EIC
05-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Nothing new here. No surprises. Bonner doing what he's been doing last playoffs and this year's payoffs.

Again, past performance is indicative of future performance.

No, but it needs to be said again and again and again until someone in the organization gets it.

It's not just that Bonner sucks ass as an individual player. It's that he has the unique ability to bring a black cloud over the rest of the team when he steps on the floor.

Every goddamn time he gets on the court, the Spurs lose momentum and the other team goes on a run. Every single time. Someone needs to make a tape or run the data to show how the Spurs are like +7 without Bonner and -8 when he's on the court. The data is there, I've never been more certain of anything in my entire life.

EIC
05-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Edit: Double post.

TheChillFactor
05-09-2010, 09:55 PM
he went 5-6 from the field tonight dumbass...yes he sucks but he had one "CLANG" tonight...not a timely thread...

m33p0
05-09-2010, 09:56 PM
i'm pretty sure you didn't watch the game.

Borosai
05-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Dumb.

EIC
05-09-2010, 10:02 PM
he went 5-6 from the field tonight dumbass...yes he sucks but he had one "CLANG" tonight...not a timely thread...

Are you kidding?! It's not his individual play, which, aside from a game here or there, is insanely bad. It's the way he somehow kills momentum every time he checks in (or prevents it from starting up if he's already on the court).

Bonner checks out, the Spurs get a few steals, hit a few baskets, and go on a run.

Bonner checks in, the Spurs forget how to play and the other team goes on its own run.

My 8-year-old cousin who never watches basketball noticed this. Why doesn't anyone on the coaching staff? I can't take this guy.

nobodi_home
05-10-2010, 12:00 AM
What happens when Manu checks in?
Turnovers

What happens when Parker checks in?
Turnovers

What happens when Duncan checks in?
Clang, clang, clang off the rim, from
under the hoop and at the free throw line.

What happens when Jefferson checks in?
Doctor doctor, where am I-- what am I doing out
here, who am I supposed to guard?

Are you people really serious?

Duncan, Parker, Ginobili have done far more
damage to invite Phoenix to roll knock them out
of the playoffs than Bonner could ever imagine doing.

B-Hath
05-10-2010, 12:11 AM
It's true. He follows a bad pass with a lapse on defense, and follows that up with a bad foul. He should actually have the ball in his possession for less than one minutes a game. He should plant himself on the wing, and on the off-chance he receives the ball, he should immediately shoot hit. Anything else is just inviting failure.

MmP
05-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Give the guy a break he did a solid job tonight

thOOdee
05-10-2010, 12:49 AM
two words ------- DE FENSE

Ditty
05-10-2010, 12:58 AM
bonner pretty much made this game from the suns blowing us out if spurs won it would of been bonner saving the spurs ass

Borosai
05-10-2010, 01:00 AM
So what exactly did Matt Bonner -- the role player -- do in this series that the other more significant players didn't? They all fucked up. That's why they got swept.