PDA

View Full Version : Help us Tiago Splitter your are only hope

The_Worlds_finest
05-09-2010, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmbpGzzRPM0

The Euro crapped out. Bring this guy over Please!!!

EricB
05-09-2010, 10:09 PM
I would not be suprised at all to read next week about the spurs heading over to Europe to begin "wooing"

TD 21
05-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Somewhat off topic, but hear me out...

I doubt he'd come to a small market with an aging core and even if he were the number one option, he'd be playing next to a legend and wouldn't be the face of the franchise, so he still wouldn't get the notoriety he's clearly seeking, but (I shot down any and all Bosh to the Spurs talk in the past, because I didn't think it was realistic, but, asset-wise, I think the Spurs could put together a realistic package) why not offer Splitter, Blair, Jefferson's expiring contract and a 1st round pick for Bosh? Maybe the Raptors wouldn't take this, but it's got to be intriguing, particularly for a team not as hamstrung financially as most.

Lee, Beasley, etc. would be terrible fits next to Bargnani. In Splitter and Blair, they'd have two theoretically fairly good fits next to him, plus a huge expiring contract and a 1st. A team like the Rockets could probably beat this package, considering all they got out of the McGrady trade and maybe Bosh would prefer to go there, where their core is younger and he'd be the clear cut go-to guy and face of the franchise, but there's no harm in at least attempting to acquire him.

It's probably more likely that the Spurs would have to offer Parker and be willing to take back Calderon's terrible contract to acquire Bosh and that would be assuming he wanted to come, but I think the Spurs should think big first. Short of that, just sign Splitter, hope to get a quality draft pick that can hopefully contribute immediately and make a quality free agent signing.

The_Worlds_finest
05-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Bosh is a loser bro. Look how he is currently acting. F'Him, he is not Spurs material

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2010, 10:33 PM
I doubt he'd come to a small market with an aging core and even if he were the number one option, he'd be playing next to a legend and wouldn't be the face of the franchise, so he still wouldn't get the notoriety he's clearly seeking

Yep, it's not like 1) he won't get paid or 2) the Euro's not headed for the gutter.

Players want to get paid. Notoriety comes second.

BadMotorscooter
05-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Its gonna be a very bad thing if all hopes rely on Splitter. I see to many Spurs fans laying all their eggs in one basket...that basket being Splitter. he isnt the answer. He's a soft Euro center. We dont need that. We need a punch you in the mouth SG/SF.

Spurologist
05-09-2010, 10:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmbpGzzRPM0

The Euro crapped out. Bring this guy over Please!!!

5-7 FT in that game. Guessing he's not a great ft shooter so he should fit right in

Thompson
05-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Help us Daniel Webster you're our only hope!

Dalamar_the_Dark
05-10-2010, 03:44 AM
Cause someone mentioned his name. But do you think Beasley is available? I mean this guy is a 4 that can shoot the 3. Young and has been labeled a disappointment. I would take him for a 2nd round pick.

Buddy Holly
05-10-2010, 04:38 AM
Its gonna be a very bad thing if all hopes rely on Splitter. I see to many Spurs fans laying all their eggs in one basket...that basket being Splitter. he isnt the answer. He's a soft Euro center. We dont need that. We need a punch you in the mouth SG/SF.

I can wait for a year from now when this is bumped and quoted with the following under the quote.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Buddy Holly
05-10-2010, 04:39 AM
5-7 FT in that game. Guessing he's not a great ft shooter so he should fit right in

http://www.planet-science.com/sciteach/jokes/images/08OldJoke.jpg

Harry Callahan
05-10-2010, 08:19 AM
This is the asset that will help the Spurs most right now. Having to be the #1 option to come here is silly reasoning. Only a complete jerk and egomaniac would think that way. Basketball is a team game.

BTW, SA is going to pay this guy pretty serious money. Tiago can't afford to wait much longer. He does not want to do like his best friend and be a 27 year old rookie and be a 30 year old before getting to his second NBA contract. I wonder if SA can sign him to a deal for more than 3 years now?

WalterBenitez
05-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Well we need Tiago + something else in order to be succesfull, There are many crew, expensive guys not producing ... we need to rebuild thinking that TD won't be any better, that Manu's minutes will be limited to be productive, that TP needs to find his healthy moode again, Blair + Hill need to be developed

blizz
05-10-2010, 11:26 AM
other than just another big body...what exactly does he do well that he'll be able to do in the nba? all i see are dunks and layups against no existent defenses. i dont see any post moves or any jumpers. why is everyone so high on this guy?

rjv
05-10-2010, 11:28 AM
tiago would add the atheleticism and length we need at the center spot so it would help tremendously to get him as that addresses a major need.

beachwood
05-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm curious to see how Splitter's game will translate when he's up against bigger, faster and stronger competition. He doesn't seem to have much athleticism, but he can make up for that if his bball IQ is high. Which looks promising in that aspect, but I'm taking a wait and see approach with him.

If he makes it over of course.

blizz
05-10-2010, 11:36 AM
athletic doesn't mean talented and skilled. i didn't see much athleticism either...on his dunks he barely gets over the rim. that weak stuff will get sent to the 5th row here.

rjv
05-10-2010, 11:43 AM
tiago played well against the US team a couple of years ago. he even had a major stuff on amare.

buford compares him to varejao so imagine a 7 foot version of that.

Spurologist
05-10-2010, 11:48 AM
http://www.planet-science.com/sciteach/jokes/images/08OldJoke.jpg

:toast

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Cookies/cookie4.jpg

EmptyMan
05-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Please come over sir. God Bless

blizz
05-10-2010, 11:49 AM
don't get me wrong...i like him and hope he helps us...but i'm not seeing him do anything special against the euros. lots of players play well against us because they're playing with guys they've played with for years. i don't think that just because someone plays well against the us in international play means their game will translate well to the nba game. i wanna see him flat out DOMINATE the euros and do it from all over...then i'd be excited. he looks like just another soft player out there. he's like the new javtokas to this forum.

TJastal
05-10-2010, 12:06 PM
don't get me wrong...i like him and hope he helps us...but i'm not seeing him do anything special against the euros. Lots of players play well against us because they're playing with guys they've played with for years. I don't think that just because someone plays well against the us in international play means their game will translate well to the nba game. I wanna see him flat out dominate the euros and do it from all over...then i'd be excited. He looks like just another soft player out there. He's like the new javtokas to this forum.

+1

silverblk mystix
05-10-2010, 12:13 PM
is that a 10ft rim in euroleague?

he looks like he gets as high as duncan---2010 duncan.