PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash: tough

SomeCallMeTim
05-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I know Nash takes a beating from a lot of people around here... but I've never questioned this guy's toughness. Tonight just took that to a whole nother level.

I'm sure somebody got some good screencaps of that final interview -- right eye was completely shut. That was amazing what he did with one eye.

Between Nash tonight and what Dragic did in Game 3, this will be a series that will be legendary for Suns fans...

da_suns_fan
05-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Steve Nash: STUD.

Ghazi
Steve Nash: CANCER

:lmao DoK

ElNono
Nash >>>>>>>>>>> Kidd

Fpoonsie
05-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Yeah. He's pretty much a beast. One of my favorite players to watch.

lurker
http://i39.tinypic.com/alpx1v.jpg

Ghazi
Dirk >>>>>>> Manu

:lmao 2-11 shooting in elimination game

z0sa
Steve Nash having fun isn't such a bad thing after all.

ElNono
05-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Dirk >>>>>>> Manu

4-2 bitch...

lol 2nd seed

DPG21920
05-09-2010, 10:38 PM
DOK has some serious explaining to do. Nash has basically shredded everyone of his arguments this series.

Roddy Beaubois
05-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Nash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.>>>>>>>> Kidd

fixed

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Yes he has. There's no way to explain it.

Roddy Beaubois
05-09-2010, 10:40 PM
4-2 bitch...

lol 2nd seed

lol were talking about players here.

Dirk>>>>>>>>>>Manu
Spurs>>>>>>Mavs

Ghazi
4-2 bitch...

lol 2nd seed

2-11 in an elimination game? really???

Ginobili's last 4 elimination games:

2-11
DNP :lol
3-9
6-19

:wow :wow

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Funny that Spurfan and Mavfan have nothing to say about their shitty team so I'm the subject of their posts.

DPG21920
05-09-2010, 10:42 PM
We have said plenty about our teams, at least I have. I have called it pretty straight. This is just a different topic.

z0sa
05-09-2010, 10:42 PM
:lol we see you're back to supporting the Suns now that they're winning.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Yes he has. There's no way to explain it.

With that said, it doesn't change the way he acted last year. It's safe to say I don't care about it at this point, but it doesn't change what he did.

da_suns_fan
I think DOK officially repented a couple of days ago. Im too happy to try and make him eat crow.

Besides...he was all over Dragic before Draggy went Jordan on the Spurs.

Giuseppe
Nash still crucified Terry Porter upon the tree of woe.

ElNono
05-09-2010, 10:44 PM
2-11 in an elimination game? really???

Ginobili's last 4 elimination games:

2-11
DNP :lol
3-9
6-19

:wow :wow

lol lost to a 8th seed as a 1st seed
lol lost to a 7th seed as a 2nd seed
lol setting new NBA records on choking
lol talking smack about a 3x NBA champion
lol regular season championship
lol southwest division championship banner
lol bukkaked by Matt Barnes
lol Kidd enrolled in Medicare already

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 10:44 PM

Actually I was supporting them all season, in particular this one Slovenian guy on the team who bukkaked the Spurs on Friday.

Giuseppe
05-09-2010, 10:46 PM

Z is right, Duncan,,,on my first go round here you were anti-Suns. My second go round, you almost anti-Suns.

Start of the playoffs you were still dancing on the edge acting the fool.

Now, Z has you dead to rights. You phony little fuck, you.

Way to go, Z.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Neat Cubby. Go molest some kids and keep blaming illegals for why your life sucks.

Tmac&Luther
Dirk >>>>>>> Manu

:sleep Umm..... http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200705030GSW.html

And that was against a 8th seed that Dallas was HEAVILY FAVORED OVER. :downspin:

Ghazi
jeez... I know Dirk had that one bad game against GS... but he usually nuts up during elimination games...

Manu... jeez... 11-39 over last 3 games and a DNP in the 4th... jeez...

Tmac&Luther
05-09-2010, 10:49 PM
jeez... I know Dirk had that one bad game against GS... but he usually nuts up during elimination games...

Manu... jeez... 11-39 over last 3 games and a DNP in the 4th... jeez...

FAIL..... Your argument has already been blown to shit, don't try to salvage it now. :lol Oh and Dirk and "nuts up" don't belong in the same sentence.

Giuseppe
05-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Neat Cubby. Go molest some kids and keep blaming illegals for why your life sucks.

lmcontrollinao & lmvictoriousao!

I knew I'd get you to boil over.

I still got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ElNono
05-09-2010, 10:50 PM

He nuts up... and keeps on getting eliminated. You know why Ginobili doesn't have 4 elimination games in a row? What happened in 2007?

lol butthurt mavfan coming out in droves.
Don't you have a youtube to make about your team's offseason? :lmao

IronMexican
05-09-2010, 10:51 PM
look at spurfan and mavfan and weak smacktalk. Not in it anymore, lol.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

Sure enough Rocketfan right on cue to randomly chime in.

ElNono

Utahfan will be joining shortly, lol

j.dizzle
05-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Nash has some serious heart, too bad they never were able to beat SA a few years ago cuz they would of won atleast 1 ring. Spurs defense fell off a cliff, letting a dude with one eye completely abuse you like that hahaha

z0sa
05-09-2010, 10:54 PM
On topic, It's hard to hate on Steve Nash. He's never tried to be anything he isn't, which is an unathletic, below average defender but amazing distributor, communicator, shooter and scorer. So he sucks on defense and plays best when he's having fun. "These are things we know"

He deserves some late-PO success. And a lot of props to Amare, who has grown a lot since 2005. He let the game come to him and amazingly, I almost felt myself comparing him to Tim in how he was subliminally and quietly affecting the game in a major way.

DeadlyDynasty
05-09-2010, 10:56 PM

It's a Texas hatefest in here:lol

Giuseppe
05-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Nash is as phony as the next NBA asshole. He's white though so Media carries his water.

ElNono
05-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Nash was unbelievable. To be honest, he's the ultimate point guard. Add that he doesn't have to wear out there now that he has a good backup, and they're a real dangerous team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
He deserves some late-PO success. And a lot of props to Amare, who has grown a lot since 2005. He let the game come to him and amazingly, I almost felt myself comparing him to Tim in how he was subliminally and quietly affecting the game in a major way.

+1 His defense has gotten better this year but the way he was making the perfect rotation every time was amazing given where he was a year ago.

DeadlyDynasty
On topic, It's hard to hate on Steve Nash. He's never tried to be anything he isn't, which is an unathletic, below average defender but amazing distributor, communicator, shooter and scorer. So he sucks on defense and plays best when he's having fun. "These are things we know"

+1...I thought Amare was the biggest waste of talent until the 2nd half of this season when he reinvented himself

SomeCallMeTim
05-09-2010, 10:58 PM
With that said, it doesn't change the way he acted last year. It's safe to say I don't care about it at this point, but it doesn't change what he did.

I feel pretty much the same way about Kobe and his 2008 tantrum. Two Finals appearances and a title are the ultimate deodorant... but it still doesn't erase the summer of 08 completely.

Situations are similar in that the ends somewhat justified the means, too.

Giuseppe
05-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Duncan, getting his Spuns support on.

You little pantywaist, you.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 11:00 PM
I feel pretty much the same way about Kobe and his 2008 tantrum. Two Finals appearances and a title are the ultimate deodorant... but it still doesn't erase the summer of 08 completely.

Situations are similar in that the ends somewhat justified the means, too.

Yeah it's a great similarity, Kobe gave Lakerfan plenty of reason to hate him after quitting in 2006 but I really don't think they care after he just won them a title. Granted Nash didn't win a title he's given a very enjoyable season.

Tmac&Luther
05-09-2010, 11:04 PM

It's a Texas hatefest in here:lol

It has nothing to do with TEXAS.....it's pointing out stupid when stupid appears. Mavs fan might actually want to go back and look at all the horrible FG% games Dirk has had over his playoff career. He had a HORRIBLE game in the finals too and other series.

It's just stupid to say Dirk >>>>>> Manu, because he had a horrible game in a elimination game when Dirk laid a big fat steaming turd against a 8th seed during his MVP season. :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-09-2010, 11:05 PM
It has nothing to do with TEXAS.....it's pointing out stupid when stupid appears. Mavs fan might actually want to go back and look at all the horrible FG% games Dirk has had over his playoff career. He had a HORRIBLE game in the finals too and other series.

It's just stupid to say Dirk >>>>>> Manu, because he had a horrible game in a elimination game when Dirk laid a big fat steaming turd against a 8th seed during him MVP season. :lmao

OK then, that's fair.

DeadlyDynasty
05-09-2010, 11:13 PM

It's just stupid to say Dirk >>>>>> Manu, because he had a horrible game in a elimination game when Dirk laid a big fat steaming turd against a 8th seed during him MVP season. :lmao

true, they've both had shitty elimination games, but Dirk is definitely the better of the 2.

pauls931
05-10-2010, 07:25 AM
DOK has some serious explaining to do. Nash has basically shredded everyone of his arguments this series.

He's a bit bandwagony when it comes to his team... I keep on telling him playoff time, you'll want nash in there. I'm now convinced had the suns been forced to play Dragic the whole fourth, they would have lost that game.

Spurs defense locked down, hounded nash and he could still score.

I hope the Suns beat LA in one game with Steve blind folded.

picc84
05-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Goddaaaaamn Suns fans are loving this. :lol Talked more shit to Spurs fans in past 12 hours than in last 10 years combined.

Ashy Larry
05-10-2010, 10:37 AM
dude took that elbow from Malone, eye looks like something from the Rocky trilogy plus 2, and come back and scores ten fourth quarter points on the road.

Mark Cuban is an idiot.

Giuseppe
05-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Cept, Cuban got further without Nash than he did with Nash.

da_suns_fan
05-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Nash is as phony as the next NBA asshole. He's white though so Media carries his water.

Nonsense.

Still true.

Muser
05-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Nash has been a beast, gonna look forward to him raping Fish.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Culburn, I thought Nash was somewhat a phony, but publicly speaking out again SB1070 knowing he'd lose a lot of fans doing so is not something a phony does. If you're wondering why I flip flopped on him, that's why. I'll respect anyone who will take a controversial stance like that.

Giuseppe
05-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Culburn, I thought Nash was somewhat a phony, but publicly speaking out again SB1070 knowing he'd lose a lot of fans doing so is not something a phony does. If you're wondering why I flip flopped on him, that's why. I'll respect anyone who will take a controversial stance like that.

The fuck doesn't even have any blood locked to this country. He's from Canada.

He's a phony little fuckPERIOD

da_suns_fan
05-10-2010, 10:53 AM
I dont know where Cubby got "phony" from?

What part of Nash appears to be disingenuous? You DONT think he's a genuinely nice guy, a fierce competitor and great teammate?

I think he just calls him that cuz Im always ripping on the Kobe-ster for being phony.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Well god knows "Kobe doin' work" is some of the most phony bullshit in professional sports history.

da_suns_fan
05-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Well god knows "Kobe doin' work" is some of the most phony bullshit in professional sports history.

No, I mean HE is phony, not the critical analysis of him.

Case in point: Kobe buys his teammates watches, trying to show the media was a great teammate he is.

But when Gasol tips in a series winning shot after Kobe misses a J against the Thunder, Kobe looks absolutely pissed even though his team just won the freaking series.

Dudes a COMPLETE douche-bag.

Giuseppe
05-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Horseshit, da, Nash lynched Porter and nobody uttered a word. Let a black guy try that stunt and it'd be all over the place.

He's been in the league, what 15 years and never won a fuckin' thing and he's treated like f'in royalty. Let a black "superstar" type guy try that stunt without having their life turned topsy turvy over it. Please.

Then he sticks his Canadian honker into American business. Nope. On this Board, whilst I'm drawing breath he ain't gettin' away with it.

This, I vow.

vicphoenix13
05-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Cuban got further without Nash in one of the last six seasons. Ironically, it was when they beat the Suns without Amare in the WCF. Other than that, the Mavs haven't met playoff expectations. Jason Kidd has been owned the last three playoffs by Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups and George Hill. I bet Cuban wishes he had Nash the last three playoff seasons.

Giuseppe
05-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Cuban got further without Nash in one of the last six seasons.

Thanks for the confirmation, asshole.

da_suns_fan
05-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Horseshit, da, Nash lynched Porter and nobody uttered a word. Let a black guy try that stunt and it'd be all over the place.

He's been in the league, what 15 years and never won a fuckin' thing and he's treated like f'in royalty. Let a black "superstar" type guy try that stunt without having their life turned topsy turvy over it. Please.

Then he sticks his Canadian honker into American business. Nope. On this Board, whilst I'm drawing breath he ain't gettin' away with it.

This, I vow.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

LnGrrrR
05-10-2010, 11:12 AM

This, I vow.

I'm sure Nash's agent is working up a response at this very moment... :lol

Tmac&Luther
05-10-2010, 01:13 PM

This, I vow.

vQRbDSwZIME

Like Katt Williams says.....Haters just need to be laughed at so

:lmao

Phallusy
05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Nash is a tomato can, but very tough, nonetheless.

I think he thrives in these situations. Did you see him taste the blood off his fingers after wiping it off of his brow?

resistanze
05-10-2010, 02:21 PM

Didn't he make similar public statements about the war in Iraq? I think David Robinson condemned him to hell or something. I'm surprised that you said the Phoenix Rednecks didn't know he was a bleeding heart until recently.

lurker
05-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Didn't he make similar public statements about the war in Iraq? I think David Robinson condemned him to hell or something. I'm surprised that you said the Phoenix Rednecks didn't know he was a bleeding heart until recently.
That's why I've been a little confused by Dok's change of heart regarding Nash. He spoke out against the war in Texas of all places. That pretty much proved that he doesn't give a fuck about losing fans. :lol

vicphoenix13
05-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, asshole.

Thanks for being a complete douche. Its clear you just want to slander Steve Nash. Terry Porter was let go because of a revolt by the whole team. In fact, Nash, Hill, Amare and Raja Bell all had one-on-one meetings with Porter to try to get on the same page. But what he was trying to do didn't fit with the personnel. It got so bad, that even assistant coaches like the current coach Alvin Gentry were expressing frustration with Porter. Thank god that Kerr took a hit to his ego and let Porter go. Gentry clearly understood how to make the Suns a good team on both ends of the floor. By the way, don't even try to make the Porter firing about race. Last time I checked, Gentry is a black man.

vicphoenix13
05-10-2010, 03:27 PM
That's why I've been a little confused by Dok's change of heart regarding Nash. He spoke out against the war in Texas of all places. That pretty much proved that he doesn't give a fuck about losing fans. :lol

People ripped Nash for his anti-war stance at the time, but he has been proven correct. Iraq has brought the U.S. an enormous debt and the middle east is still a hornets nest of crazy.

crc21209
05-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Steve Nash was pretty damn tough last night...it's too bad it might be too little too late for him now..

The Gemini Method
05-10-2010, 04:12 PM
I have always admired Steve Nash for his ability to get anyone a good shot. He's not the best on the defensive end, but it isn't like he doesn't try especially in the new-look Phoenix Suns. As a Laker fan, I am quite interested on how we would guard Nash (if we make it that far...) in the Pick-N-Roll/Pick-N-Pop situations.