PDA

View Full Version : labels

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 03:35 AM
a lot of forum participants get pissed about how allen calls bruce's play "dirty" and refer to him using a term usually reserved for a woman's nether regions yet have no problem referring to fortson as a "thug" and what not.

same old spurs fans

gospursgojas
05-10-2005, 03:40 AM
Are you a Spurs fan or what??? All night you have been trying to point out the hypocrisy from us....Yeah of course we are ...... thats the whole meaning of being a fan. You root for your team and hate the other. Its all in good sports.

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 03:56 AM
so then maybe some of bruce's play could really be "dirty"

gospursgojas
05-10-2005, 04:01 AM
I've watched Bruce alot through a whole opponent's possesion... and yeah he does hold and throw his arms... but he is never out there to intentionally hurt someone...and thats what I would call a dirty player, somone who is going out there to hurt someone. Or someone who goes on record saying they are going to hurt someone or put someone on the floor, like what Fatson said he was going to do to Bruce.

PM5K
05-10-2005, 04:04 AM
There is a difference between being a dirty player and a physical player. There is no question that Bowen uses a physical approach to the game but to say that he is dirty is totally incorrect.

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 04:05 AM
then maybe fortson and james and evans, etc are just "physical" players

gospursgojas
05-10-2005, 04:10 AM
then maybe fortson and james and evans, etc are just "physical" players

But there is a difference, thats what PM5K is trying to say. Bruce never goes out and talks about how he is going to hurt someone. And he never goes out and tries to either.... If he did, we would all help you out and call him a dirty player bc you want us to so badley for some reason, but he doesnt so we as Spurs fans and as individuals that know the difference between physical and dirty, wont call him a dirty player.

PM5K
05-10-2005, 04:12 AM
Physical players don't throw elbows to the heads of opposing players and get suspended, dirty players do....

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 04:14 AM
fuck man you read too much into things. in the nba if you say that if someone comes down the lane they will "pay" that is nothing new.

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 04:15 AM
its understandable that spur fans think that play in the paint shouldnt be physical considering who their starting center had been for the last year or so, but i digress

PM5K
05-10-2005, 04:15 AM
fuck man you read too much into things. in the nba if you say that if someone comes down the lane they will "pay" that is nothing new.

HA HA HA HA, running out of gas huh, if this were the battle blog we'd be cashing a check already...

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 04:16 AM
you are one to talk. your paper is worthless

PM5K
05-10-2005, 04:17 AM
You lose already with that weak ass take, please just leave but don't take your ball with you, thanks....

gospursgojas
05-10-2005, 04:17 AM
But what if the next game the player they were talking too, came into the lane and was fouled hard... you wouldnt think the guy who made a that statment was acting out what they said and therfore...... they are playing dirty???

gospursgojas
05-10-2005, 04:18 AM
ohh sorry I kept going I didnt think this thread was wrapped up in 5 posts....lol

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 04:20 AM
how nice when you cant refute you just claim its over.

IcemanCometh
05-10-2005, 04:40 AM
Its fairly simple
Fortson would be playing physical defense if he was on the spurs and would just be trying to get into their heads.
Hes not so hes a thug. The people here are incapable of seeing things objectively, however will defend until their dying breath because they like a player on another team that somehow means they do not have a bias and are real fans of the game.

gospursgojas
05-10-2005, 04:47 AM
I never said I wasnt bias towards the Spurs...of course I am. And I'm going to back them, bc they are my team.

bonesinaz
05-10-2005, 10:02 AM
VK- I get your point. Instead of discussing the game itself, many here resort to name calling and labeling. I have done this myself.

I for one get sick of the vaginal/uterine references because I am a woman. I wonder if any man on this forum could imagine bleeding from his sex organ every month and not cry thinking about it.

As for the game you are right. Phil Jackson learned a lesson or two from the bad boys of Detroit in the late 80's. Instead of continued crying, he got MJ and company in the gym and had them lift and cross train for strength and endurance. Fast forward to the mid 90's when he had Pip set a hard pick and knock Stockton down in their series against Utah. Phil went from hating the physical play against his team to using it to intimidate a good opposing player.

Maybe Ray will learn to defend himself with his game instead of his mouth. I have no problem with Fortson, but he may want to re-think talking about physical play and just play physically.

Extra Stout
05-10-2005, 10:10 AM
a lot of forum participants get pissed about how allen calls bruce's play "dirty" and refer to him using a term usually reserved for a woman's nether regions yet have no problem referring to fortson as a "thug" and what not.

same old spurs fansFortson is a physical player.

James is a thug. Take away the cheap shots and he has no game. Miller made him look like Bill Russell because Miller curls into the fetal position when the game gets physical. Fortson at least has some game.

Obviously Bowen has game.

T Park
05-10-2005, 10:12 AM
The people here are incapable of seeing things objectively

dont like it Ice?? get the fuck out, once again.

This message is hidden because violentkitten is on your ignore list.

ahhhh silence is indeed golden.

But i can see what the dumbfuck MB says through this, and here is the difference between a Bowen and Fortson.

Fortson, has INTENTIONALLY hurt people ask Zark Cbarkapa from GS.

Bowen has NEVER intentionally hurt someone.

That simple. When guys like Forston, James, and other half illiterate morons say
errrr next time dat guy comes through der lane, im gonna knock him down her her her her.

That means they are out to INTENTIONALLY hurt someone.

If Fortson, or ANY spurs player, said this, I would automatically call them a thug.

This is basketball, not fuckin rugby

violentkitten
05-10-2005, 10:16 AM
heehee its cute when tpark tries to act hard