PDA

View Full Version : Spurs will look much different next year

CarnacTheMagnificent
05-10-2010, 12:13 AM
sure, they'll swap out the end of bench as usual.
maybe bonner and mason can finally be shown the door.
maybe splitter finally comes over.

but what I mean by "they will look different" is that jefferson, if the spurs keep him, should be more comfortable and should contribute more. Perimeter players always take a long time adjusting to the spurs system.
George hill should have a defined role instead of being shuffled in and out of the starting lineup.
And I can't wait to see blair next year with a year under his belt.
lets hope tim and manu don't lose another step.

davi78239
05-10-2010, 12:15 AM
sure, they'll swap out the end of bench as usual.
maybe bonner and mason can finally be shown the door.
maybe splitter finally comes over.

but what I mean by "they wil look different" is that jefferson, if the spurs keep him, should be more comfortable and should contribute more.
George hill should have a defined role instead of being shuffled in and out of the starting lineup.
And I can't wait to see blair next year with a year under his belt.
lets hope tim and manu don't lose another step.

Tim and Manu unfortunately will lose another step

NewJerSpur
05-10-2010, 12:15 AM
One can hope with Jefferson, unless he isn't on the team.

CarnacTheMagnificent
05-10-2010, 12:21 AM
to clarify on blair, I think there I usually a nice jump in play from a first-year player to their second year. Like we saw with GHill.

fyatuk
05-10-2010, 12:23 AM
The big thing is developing people on the bench that can actually play in the playoffs. Mason and Bonner can be huge in the regular season, but they aren't reliable in the playoffs as this year showed once again.

Spurs need to be at least 8 deep in the playoffs for Tim and Manu to be able to not wear down in the playoffs. Right now, the Spurs have 6 (Tony, Tim, Manu, George, Jefferson, and McDyess).

Blair, if he improves, particularly with finishing over bigger men and reducing his foul rate, can step up, since he's a big time competitor. Hairston looks like he might be able to as well, but can't really tell. They need another big to contribute, since both Tim and McDyess are getting old, so they need someone like Mahinmi or Splitter (if either on are the team next season) to step up.

tdunk21
05-10-2010, 12:26 AM
^how about udonis haslem??he is physical, can guard PF's and he is a FA...

duhoh
05-10-2010, 12:41 AM
^how about udonis haslem??he is physical, can guard PF's and he is a FA...

son, we wanted to go younger :lol

Dalamar_the_Dark
05-10-2010, 03:41 AM
But I'd take Haslem. Has a heart, can rebound and has a nice mid range jumper. Doesnt need the ball to be effective. Excellent signing if we can get him at the right price. But its not going to happen. Hes staying in Miami.

blkroadrunners
05-10-2010, 03:42 AM
But I'd take Haslem. Has a heart, can rebound and has a nice mid range jumper. Doesnt need the ball to be effective. Excellent signing if we can get him at the right price. But its not going to happen. Hes staying in Miami.

That's pretty much McDyess in a nutshell.