PDA

View Full Version : nba is fix d

RedsLakers24
05-10-2010, 01:36 AM
http://blogs.sohh.com/sports/donaghy.jpg

Former NBA Referee, Tim Donaghy, has gone on record recently stating that he is certain that David Stern and the NBA will do whatever they can to ensure a Lakers/Cavs NBA Finals. Being a die-hard NBA fan for my entire life, I have tried not allowed myself to believe a lot of what’s been claimed about the NBA fixing games. The evidence this post season, however, is undeniably suspect.

Through three game’s played in the semi-finals, LeBron James has played 123 minutes (41, 43, 39) and only been called for three personal foul’s. In three game’s the Celtics have been called for 21 more fouls than the Cavaliers (78-57).

Coincidence? Well, lets look at the officiating crew for each game of the series.

Game One:

Rush, Spooner, Phillips

Celtics 25 personal foul’s / Cavs 17 personal fouls

Game Two:

D. Crawford, Bavetta, Malloy

Celtics 31 personal fouls / Cavs 16 personal fouls

Game Three:

Salvatore, Mauer, Zarba

Celtics 22 personal fouls / Cavs 24 personal fouls

We all know that officiating can control the flow of the game in more ways than just personal foul’s called. As Tim told me yesterday, officials can control the game by controlling turnovers, technical’s, etc.

What may even be more suspect is that Tim Donaghy was given 14 post-season game’s to predict based solely on the officiating crew’s assigned and his knowledge of league initiatives.

Donaghy record? 13-1

http://northstationsports.com/uncategorized/is-tim-donaghys-claim-that-the-nba-wants-lebron-to-beat-the-celtics-find-out-monday-night/

sabar
05-10-2010, 01:41 AM
That's pretty bold to predict that the best team in each conference will make the finals.

4>0rings
05-10-2010, 02:26 AM
13-1? nice!

bump

IronMexican
05-10-2010, 02:45 AM
If you believe it's all fixed, why waste your time even watching it.

pauls931
05-10-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm so confused.... Is this a Mav fan's Laker troll?

Baseline
05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
If you believe it's all fixed, why waste your time even watching it.

Becasue every now and then, a team will be so good that it actually breaks through. Like the 2003 Spurs, who broke up the Laker three-peat.

That team continued to win, somehow winning two more titles in 2005 and 2007, despite being the briar in Stern's craw.

Those Spur teams consistently carried sizeable leads into the 4th quarter of playoff games, and had the shooters to hit shots down the stretch to maintain those leads and win.

Practically the only thing the League can't control is players hitting jump shots.

That's why a team like Phoenix or Orlando has a chance this year. Both of those teams have nights when they literally shoot you out of the gym.