PDA

View Full Version : What would you all think if...

xellos88330
05-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Tim Duncan and McDyess came off of the bench next year.

If Bonner is gone, Mahinmi is resigned, and Tiago jumps the pond, would you see this as feasible?

Blair/Splitter/Mahinmi as possible starters?

I think Mahinmi might be gone for next season, but I still want to see what the kid can do.

THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO BELITTLE DUNCAN.

blkroadrunners
05-10-2010, 03:37 AM
Cocaine's a helluva drug.

xellos88330
05-10-2010, 03:55 AM
Why?..

1. It will be tough for second unit players to be able to defend Duncan creating matchup problems.
2. Duncan will be able to play harder in the shorter amount of time he is on the court.
3. Bench leadership.
4. Less pressure on our MVP.
5. Much needed rest.
6. It could potentially force the teams with good bigs to remain on the court for extended amounts of time due to his presence as 6th man.

Of course this all depends on how well the potential new starters will do. If they don't show anything, then keep Duncan starting.

TheSpursFNRule
05-10-2010, 03:56 AM
oh my god.

xellos88330
05-10-2010, 04:18 AM
I know this is a wild idea, but it intrigues me. I like to look outside of the box.

Duncan isn't even being doubled as much anymore. A teams second unit is more likely to miss rotations because they will be forced to double him. Duncan is an excellent passer and he will find the open man. Is it really so insane to think this? I would love to have Duncan's consistency coming off of the bench.

By bringing Duncan off of the bench, it will allow for the starters to play a much faster tempo which are huge strengths for Manu/TP/RJ. Splitter from what I have seen is pretty effective in the PnR, TP/Manu love to run the PnR in the half court anyways.

I don't think this as being a 'what will get us over the top' idea, but more of something to consider. I don't think anyone can really deny the potential. The only downside is that it is just that... potential.