PDA

View Full Version : Curse of L. Scola?

Gervin44Silas13
05-10-2010, 07:13 AM
I don't know seems to me if we had Scola on the Spurs, they would have never gotten involed in this whole RJ mess. I was having this conversation with my brother leaving the game. If Scola was on the team I don't feel we would have gotten swept.
Tim was atrocious at the line and offensively... and even Manu going 2 for 15....was fustrating.

Turnovers in this series pretty much put us in our grave, we couldn't even hit 3 for that matter and our bench was totally outplayed.

There is something clearly wrong with Tim...and you can tell he's lost alot
Manu....his nose had to be hurting him...bad passes and I have never seen him turnover the ball so much.

Tony played battered...he was taking it to the lane, and to me seemed he wanted to win more than anybody.

What the Spurs next move is....?
We don't know, but changes have to be really made if we want to be compete.

I hope that the FO learns from it's BS moves.

That Scola deal seemed to hurt us....again

Harry Callahan
05-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Give it a rest. That story is three years old and has nothing to do with the current situation. No one gets better dredging up stuff from three offseasons ago.

Phoenix traded for Shaq two years ago and look where they are now.

Please the horses have been let out of the barn on this subject.

Gervin44Silas13
05-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Give it a rest. That story is three years old and has nothing to do with the current situation. No one gets better dredging up stuff from three offseasons ago.

Phoenix traded for Shaq two years ago and look where they are now.

Please the horses have been let out of the barn on this subject.

Shaq was at the end of his carrer...
Scola was a young gun he wouldn't have had miles on him....I don't think it's a dead issue ethier...it's just fact that the FO really screwed up....that we don't want to admit.

Bonner and Mason were just chumps, Mason more of a cancer.

The reality is that that deal hurt us....
Current Playoff record 2009 to 2010 5-8....yes Manu was hurt in '09 but I still feel with Scola we coulda had at least better depth on the bench.

Fetissov
05-10-2010, 07:42 AM
don't know about a curse, but Scola was at the game yesterday...

TDMVPDPOY
05-10-2010, 07:52 AM
this thread and any scola worshippers should come here and suck my dick

our last championship we didnt even need him to win one, so what difference would it make....

move on man...

Harry Callahan
05-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Shaq was at the end of his carrer...
Scola was a young gun he wouldn't have had miles on him....I don't think it's a dead issue ethier...it's just fact that the FO really screwed up....that we don't want to admit.

Bonner and Mason were just chumps, Mason more of a cancer.

The reality is that that deal hurt us....
Current Playoff record 2009 to 2010 5-8....yes Manu was hurt in '09 but I still feel with Scola we coulda had at least better depth on the bench.

You missed my point the Suns were in much worse shape than the Spurs just two seasons ago and look where they are now. They messed up with Shaq, made changes on the run, and are now in the conference finals.

Why not ask about the Spurs signing Tiago Splitter and drafting a quality player with the 20th pick in the draft or making a great trade?

This dead horse has been beaten on this site for three freakin years now. It's old news. Tim Duncan's knees will have had a lot more to do with the Spurs recent past and near future than a guy who will never play here. I think the entire world now knows that the Scola deal was a bad one (I knew that the day it was made). We are all aware of the situation and your post really doesn't add anything new or illuminating to the current situation.

Gervin44Silas13
05-10-2010, 08:18 AM
The truth hurts.......man!
That why its a dead horse to everybody...we just have to admit that our FO f'd up!
As far as Tiago....we better learn from this one!

Russ
05-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Looks like Scola has also cursed the Rockets. :hat

Reeko_Htown
05-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Looks like Scola has also cursed the Rockets. :hat

You mean T-mac or Yao bro.

BTW,

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c54102/x2_1478d15

Supergirl
05-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Uh, Luis Scola didn't even make the playoffs. If he was the Great Hispanic Savior, wouldn't he be good enough to get his team into the playoffs? LOL

ChumpDumper
05-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Thread!