PDA

View Full Version : TP interview - The Suns deserve it

Bukefal
05-10-2010, 09:05 AM
« The Suns deserve it »

No miracle happened. Phoenix won the Western Conference semi-finals and knocked out San Antonio.

Tony, the season is over now. Phoenix made the perfect series winning for the 4th time 107-101.
There’s nothing else to say. I can’t even be angry since Phoenix played very well all along the series. We can congratulate them. They scored with an amazing success, every important shot was in. They didn’t do anything wrong. The Suns really deserve this victory.

This Game 4 is a copy/paste of the 3 other games. Every time, one little something was missing to make a difference in the last minutes.

From Game 1 to Game 4, we underwent the same situation. It’s a copy/paste from the beginning til the end. They’ve always found a way to score an important shot to kill the game. The wheel has turned. For years, we’ve sent Phoenix in vacation. We’ve always worked it out against them. This year, it’s their turn. They deserve it.

Is it a failure ?
It is too soon to tell. We have to wait to understand well what didn’t work. What’s difficult to understand is that we played well against Dallas and then totally outclassed. We weren’t expecting it at all.

How did you feel during the game since you hurt your shoulder in Game 3 ?
I kept my fingers crossed so I didn’t get hurt again. If it had happened I would have cried (Laugh). One hour before the game starts, I had some pain killer shots to be sure I’ll be ok the whole game. And basically, I did ok. I knew I couldn’t really shoot so I became more aggressive in the paint and played offense on the rim.

Many injuries, a knock-out in the semi -finals of the Western Conference. It’s a season to forget…
It is a complicated season. But I put things into perspective since I had the chance to be successful since I arrived at the Spurs. I remain positive and will work hard to come back stronger next year.

What’s your schedule now ?
I’m going to take some rest in San Antonio. I need to cut to get back on my feet. We’ll go on vacation at the end of June and right after that, I’ll go to my summer camp in Fécamp.

Do you think of the French National Team ?
I want to put basketball aside for the moment. But the national team will catch me up quickly since the Spurs staff wants to meet me soon to talk about this summer. We’ll know more this week. I don’t know what the Spurs want to do. So I can’t tell what’s going to happen .

Brazil
05-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Indeed I think TP didn't take one JS during the last game

ducks
05-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I don’t know what the Spurs want to do. So I can’t tell what’s going to happen .

rjv
05-10-2010, 10:14 AM
tony needs to keep his butt home and forget the national team. if this team has any shot at all next year it is because they stay healthy. all of them!

Cane
05-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Next year is one of the Spurs best chances since Manu is going to be rested. If Tony decides to play international despite all the injuries and disappointments he's had...then the Spurs should definitely try and trade him.

phyzik
05-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Next year is one of the Spurs best chances since Manu is going to be rested. If Tony decides to play international despite all the injuries and disappointments he's had...then the Spurs should definitely try and trade him.

thats what Im thinking. His decision on international play will affect what the Spurs decide to do with him.