PDA

View Full Version : Will Martellus play football?

Dingle Barry
05-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Lots of rumors on the 'net about MB wanting to play only basketball, and on Orangebloods someone is even claiming he is entering the draft, which is fairly ridiculous.

Of course I am reading this on UT boards so it probably is bullshit, but I am just wondering if there are any whispers amongst Ags about this?

jalbre6
05-10-2005, 09:39 AM
You're talking about Martellus Bennett from Houston, the #1 high school TE in the state, right? I lost track of him after he signed with A&M.

He wasn't even ranked as one of the top 100 basketball players in the state, if I recall. I remember he wanted to play both sports, and for that A&M did seem like a good destination.

Dingle Barry
05-10-2005, 09:59 AM
It was a good destination because they offered a scholarship to his brother and an Ag car dealership gave his dad a job.

King
05-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Yeah, he declared for the NBA draft, but didn't sign with an agent. He says that if he is not taken in the first round, he'll go to A&M and play football. Supposedly, he's a long shot to be picked in either round of the draft.

AgSnake361
05-11-2005, 11:55 PM
It was a good destination because they offered a scholarship to his brother

True.

and an Ag car dealership gave his dad a job.

False.

'Tellus is a kid having fun being a kid. I highly doubt that he'll be drafted, but if it happens, it happens.

Mr Dio
05-12-2005, 07:34 AM
What is the minimum NBA salary?

Willinsa
05-12-2005, 02:32 PM
I honestly don't care about this guy, I bet if he goes to the NBA aggy will be sweating losing their best prospect in many years.

Mr Dio
05-12-2005, 08:06 PM
I heard Ryan Perrilloux was going to try out for NFL Europe by moving to France & gaining citizenship there. Once he plays 2 yrs in NFL Europe he'd then be eligible to be drafted.

Mr Dio
05-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Holy Shit! The idiot did it! I thought it was just a unbased rumor but he still has til 21June to withdraw his name. IDIOT!

Cant_Be_Faded
05-14-2005, 01:26 PM
jesus h christ

what could that Franchione dude possibly say to someone to make them want to come to Texas A&M??? was it a bunch of cowgirls???

Its like...yeah everyone wants me, i can go anywhere i want
i choose....Texas A And M.

Just don't sound right!

Mr Dio
05-21-2005, 12:59 PM
They should have a good team ths year BUT are highly overrated, again. Choked, no wait..Got embarassed in the Cotton Bowl.