PDA

View Full Version : Percent on Team next year

JonNOKC
05-10-2010, 12:32 PM
T. Duncan - 100%

A. McDyess - 90% (only chance would be early retirement)

M. Bonner - 30% (No defense but shooting and coporate knowledge may result in Bonner back for 1 or 2 yr deal if not better option for $ available)

D. Blair - 100%

I. Mahiani - 49% (hard to let young big guy go if you see any hope of ability but not picking up option and no play time seems to point that direction)

R. Jefferson - 75% (hard to see him opting out or being able to dump him, at least not till mid-season)

A. Gee - 25% (good athlete and could be good PF in small ball lineup if Pop continues to play that style - out of 4 youngs Temple seems best odd and probably only 2 out of 4 on final roster)

M. Hairston - 33% (shows toghness and aggresive but similiar odds apply here as it does Gee for much of same reason)

G. Temple - 75% (ability to play 2 positions and defend gives him the leg up on competition)

M. Ginobili - 100%

R. Mason - 1% (just can't see this happening but never say never)

G. Hill - 100%

C. Jerrells - 25% (hasn't seen much NBA action so hard to evaluate but seems good defender who can attack basket)

K. Bogans - 10% (dont see him back but may be insurance if had for vet min)

T. Splitter - 69% (not one to get hopes up but economic times in Europe and what people close to situation are reporting, chances seem very favorable)

N. DeColo - 15% (would be suprised if happenned this year but fans of this guy really think he is ready - think he would have to come to SL and have big showing for Spurs to spped up time table)

T. Parker - 90% (sorry big mistake :) - not a TP hater and barring crazy CP3 trade Parker is here next year)

Of course all the young guys and even vets to some extent will be affected by draft - I don't see any big trades with TP or RJ happening (put it at 10%) so draft along with Splitter, some combination on young guys currently in pipeline, and maybe 1 cheap vet is best/cheapest/and most likely way Spurs round out roster. Draft is deepest in some time and will be intresting to see what Spurs do. I think there are very big potential guys at SF but no real complete players. Love Robinson's size and defense but not sure ever be good outside guy, George lacks some toughness and BB IQ and while not a good defender has the tools to do so, Babbit while being great shooter and lefty has little ability to defend anyone in NBA, Poindexter may be most ready but has lowest ceilings, and Heyward, D.James, and Eubanks all could be available at 20 as well not to mention bigs. If we go for SF obviously hurts Hiarston/Gee chance of making squad and if we do a PG in 2nd round like Jerome Randle (who I would love as bckup PG) then Jerrels is probably out. Anyway love to hear other posters thoughts - Thanks

Roster
C - Duncan, Splitter
PF - McDyess/Blair
SF - Jefferson
SG - Manu, Temple (combo), Hill (combo)
PG - Parker

+ Hairston, Gee, or Jerrells - leaves alot of open slots

Kori Ellis
05-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Poor Parker isn't even on the team :lol

JonNOKC
05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Poor Parker isn't even on the team :lol

Sorry - not hating on Parker - now fixed

Supergirl
05-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Spurs obviously need something else but I don't think they'll be blowing up the team. Parker is the future of this team, he shouldn't be traded unless it's for someone like Chris Paul or Deron Williams - i.e. a superstar PG of equal value. TD and Manu have a couple good years left in them but can't be counted on to be reliable scorers for 40+ min of many games. They simply run out of gas.

RJ will be shopped, but we may not get many offers.
Mason is gone.
Dice will be back, but in a diminished role.
Bonner will be back, Blair and Hill will be better and with expanded roles next year.
Hairston will probably be back, as will Temple.
Mahinmi will likely be shopped and will probably be our best trade bait to try and get someone good. If Splitter does come over he's expendable.

z0sa
05-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Dice will be back, but in a diminished role.

Hard to be more diminished than it was, at least regular season wise. Dude didn't show up to play til Game 1 against the Mavericks, pretty much.

Bonner will be back

Unlikely.

Mahinmi will likely be shopped and will probably be our best trade bait to try and get someone good. If Splitter does come over he's expendable.

There's a few problems with these ideas, to say the least..

Ian is a free agent, first of all, and doesn't make enough money/have the rep to attract any trade interest. I think the Spurs sign him on the cheap and begin using him as they used Blair, with Blair moving in to fill Bonner's minutes and Timmy/Dyess taking the rest. Holt needs to save some $$ after the RJ failure.

Gagnrath
05-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't see Bonner leaving he's cheap and decent enough during the regular season. I want to see him be more effective off the bench and actually show up to the play-offs though. (not happening) Bonner actually is worth his 3 mill contract as a floor spacing sub, and situational starter.

JonNOKC
05-10-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't see Bonner leaving he's cheap and decent enough during the regular season. I want to see him be more effective off the bench and actually show up to the play-offs though. (not happening) Bonner actually is worth his 3 mill contract as a floor spacing sub, and situational starter.

I think if Bonners isn't back it is a direct result of his playoff performances (especially on road) more than his other shortcomings

MaNu4Tres
05-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Gee, Hairston, Jerrels and Temple will all be on the team. Either on the active roster, inactive roster or Austin. They all have low risk high reward type deals.(non-gauranteed for the bare minimum.)

Only way they are not on the team is if they sit on the couch all summer.

JonNOKC
05-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Gee, Hairston, Jerrels and Temple will all be on the team. Either on the active roster, inactive roster or Austin. They all have low risk high reward type deals.(non-gauranteed for the bare minimum.)

Only way they are not on the team is if they sit on the couch all summer.

I could see 3 out of 4 but would be shock if all 4 make team even on inactive - a big part of this is due to this year draft - I think there are players to be had (maybe even some undrfted FAs) with higher reward potential than some of these guys - the great thing is the Spurs have protected thier rights to these guys while being able to evaluate them up close so you feel they will be in great position to make right decisions on these 4 - and of course they could play it safe and stick with the known vs unkwonw - still think 2 of these 2 will ultimately make roster

TJastal
05-10-2010, 02:30 PM
69% chance for Splitter is a huge stretch. I'd give it about a 30% chance ... we haven't heard squat from Splitter's camp yet it's all just been a bunch of hoooey fooey from the spurs' brass. Until I hear confirmation from Splitter or his agent I'd say its far more likely he ain't coming.

Gagnrath
05-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Gee and Temple the spurs keep, Jerrels doesn't seem to have much upside he's a back-up pointguard on a a mediocre team at best. Temple is the best of the lot and can actually develop into a rotation player in the near future. Not as sure on gee but he is a a guy who shows flashes malik hairston I haven't seen enough to really evaluate.