PDA

View Full Version : Is there any possible way to get rid of RJ??

tbear280
05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Do you try to trade him, or give him another year? Im sure there will be alot of takers becuase of his low salary and outstanding performance this year!!!:lol

Agloco
05-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Do you try to trade him, or give him another year? Im sure there will be alot of takers becuase of his low salary and outstanding performance this year!!!:lol

You missed the real reason:

He's an expiring. That by itself makes him more than palatable for many teams. I personally would like to see he and Parker packaged for some new blood on the perimeter.

suitedkings
05-10-2010, 03:35 PM
There will be plenty of teams that want him. Its a matter of what the Spurs are willing to take back.

clambake
05-10-2010, 03:35 PM

He's an expiring. That by itself makes him more than palatable for many teams. I personally would like to see he and Parker packaged for some new blood on the perimeter.

all right, we'll give you jason terry and jj barea

sananspursfan21
05-10-2010, 03:41 PM

as much as i love tony parker, you're right. he's the most expendable player in the big three. i would miss him and be jealous of the team he would go to, but it's time to try something new i guess

Agloco
05-10-2010, 03:44 PM
as much as i love tony parker, you're right. he's the most expendable player in the big three. i would miss him and be jealous of the team he would go to, but it's time to try something new i guess

I agree, but as been hashed out many times, if the Spurs deal Parker they MUST get a PG in return. So by definition that limits the moves that can be made. Throwing Jefferson into the mix might induce some teams to cough up a gem.

Agloco
05-10-2010, 03:46 PM
all right, we'll give you jason terry and jj barea

heh :lol

Only if Damp comes along. We need some size in the middle. :hat

sananspursfan21
05-10-2010, 03:48 PM
I agree, but as been hashed out many times, if the Spurs deal Parker they MUST get a PG in return. So by definition that limits the moves that can be made. Throwing Jefferson into the mix might induce some teams to cough up a gem.

yah, i looked to see what the raptors had on their roster. there's the obvious chris bosh, but their pg and wing players are extremely weak. i wouldn't want turkoglu (too old) but i thought about amir johnson only if he can play both forward spots

EricB
05-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Jefferson thread!!!!!!

mogrovejo
05-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Here's hoping Ainge decides to help you guys out of this.

Lars
05-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Rockets would be delighted to take him off your hands. Will cost you Hill or Blair though.

mogrovejo
05-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Rockets would be delighted to take him off your hands. Will cost you Hill or Blair though.

Who are you going to offer them?

MaNu4Tres
05-10-2010, 05:22 PM
I think that's about 11 threads in the last 12 hours about the future of Jefferson.

DPG21920
05-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Yes, there is a way. PM me.

megamanu
05-10-2010, 05:25 PM
The Spurs will figure out something. Realistically I can see something like RJ for Rip Hamilton + cash or a pick. But I think most likely we'll see the Spurs give him another chance to produce and trade him at the deadline if things don't work out.

Guajalote
05-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Before doing anything, maybe think about Jason Richardson's case in Phoenix. Last year, when he first arrived in Phoenix, he struggled and didn't really fit in. This year, ugh! Anything more fearsome than seeing him get a Nash pass while out on the 3 point line?

Maybe the FO decides to keep him until a mid-season trade to see if he needed that same year to figure things out.

greyforest
05-10-2010, 07:07 PM
RJ will stay, book it

da_suns_fan
05-10-2010, 07:09 PM
So Jefferson didnt talk to the media today..anyone know more about THAT?

peskypesky
05-10-2010, 08:01 PM
face it, Spurs are screwed. there's no way out of this mess.

rayray2k8
05-10-2010, 08:11 PM
I honestly don't care if he opts out or if he stays. Jefferson showed some glimpses of what we thought he would be for us.
I still think he'll be able to contribute next season along with Dyess. A lot of people were knocking on Mcdyess during the season but praised him during the playoffs.
That being said, people will have low expectations next year as far as RJ goes. So we'll see.
Kinda glad the season is over since now we can get rid of unwanted trash. :)

VBM
05-10-2010, 08:38 PM
RJ ain't going anywhere...here's hoping for the sophomore learning curve

angelbelow
05-10-2010, 09:35 PM
My current opinion is to let him stay and to see if he comes back as an improved player. If not we shop him during the weeks approaching the trade deadline. Or just hold onto him as an expiring.

da_suns_fan
05-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Before doing anything, maybe think about Jason Richardson's case in Phoenix. Last year, when he first arrived in Phoenix, he struggled and didn't really fit in. This year, ugh! Anything more fearsome than seeing him get a Nash pass while out on the 3 point line?

Maybe the FO decides to keep him until a mid-season trade to see if he needed that same year to figure things out.

Good point. I was all for trading Richardson and now Im so glad they didnt. He just needed time to figure things out and let the team and coaching staff figure things out.

Jefferson needs to get confidence back in his three point shot. If he gets that around 40%, keeps driving baseline and tells himself hes going to just focus on those two areas on offense, he might be worth keeping.

It wasnt fair to bring him in to a situation where theres already a clear pecking order, expect him to fit in and yet be more than just a typical Spurs role player.

DynastySpurs210
05-10-2010, 09:48 PM

Probably the Houston Rocket organization! :P

kaji157
05-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Thatīs about right, whatever we do weīll wait untill the deadline. Which i think itīs not the best given the time that usually take players to adapt to Pop schemes.

If he somehow finds way to contribute, great, if not, he is just an expiring contract and we take the best of what is offered. It wonīt matter a lot how bad contracts we are taking if something usefull comes in the package as our window of opportunity will be 2 years. It doesnīt matter how our roster looks after that.

ducks
05-10-2010, 11:59 PM
hill and rj for?

mingus
05-11-2010, 12:04 AM
ugh, i can't stand to look at him. him and RMJ just totally fucked this team this year. they were expected to have 39%+ from 3-point, and they can both point the finger at themselves as the reasons we lost in such a bad way.

Lars
05-11-2010, 12:24 AM

Battier + Jeffries

Battier gets bought out and returns.

bigdog
05-11-2010, 12:34 AM
RJ was a disappointment this year, but I do not want him to opt out. If he leaves, the Spurs are screwed and won't be able to get anyone worth a damn in the offseason. If you try trading him, you're likely to not get anyone of real value in return. I hope he stays and works his ass off at improving next year.

jermaine
05-11-2010, 06:37 AM

B4 you write him off, I'd wait to see what pg they get if they trade Parker! A pass 1st pg would really help RJ. The Spurs didn't use his strengths rite.

WalterBenitez
05-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Is there any chance we got C. Bosh?

jason1301
05-11-2010, 06:53 AM

we have a winner, it would be stupid and immature to trade him before season starts.

WalterBenitez
05-11-2010, 07:01 AM
BTW, get rid of RJ, what did you mean??? :eyebrows

mogrovejo
05-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Battier + Jeffries

Battier gets bought out and returns.

Hmm... and why exactly would the Spurs do that deal? Why the heck would they buy-out Battier? So that if Battier agrees to a 90 cents on the dollar buyout they can save $2 million dollars or so? They could do better than that by merely negotiating a buyout with Jefferson.

Nah, you're clueless.

Agloco
05-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Hmm... and why exactly would the Spurs do that deal? Why the heck would they buy-out Battier? So that if Battier agrees to a 90 cents on the dollar buyout they can save $2 million dollars or so? They could do better than that by merely negotiating a buyout with Jefferson.

Nah, you're clueless.

I think he might have been clowning you all along. His original comment didn't exactly reek of genuine insight.

mando6599
05-11-2010, 11:24 AM
The Spurs will figure out something. Realistically I can see something like RJ for Rip Hamilton + cash or a pick. But I think most likely we'll see the Spurs give him another chance to produce and trade him at the deadline if things don't work out.

I really hope your wrong. He's had a full season and never produced any consistent kind of game. He doesn't fit our system very well at all. Now PHX might want him b/c of his type of game, but not SA. I was really hoping it would have worked out, but RJ doesn't have IT.

temujin
05-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Nope, and 1123456000 threads won't reach the goal.

Borosai
05-11-2010, 04:18 PM
S&T Joe Johnson for Jefferson.

Done.

wildbill2u
05-11-2010, 04:46 PM

We could find some veteranos of the old Ghost Town Gang who haven't died off and let them take care of it.:wow

Lars
05-11-2010, 05:25 PM

Nah, you're clueless.

Did you seriously just try to "break down" a fictional trade thats obviously lopsided in the Rockets favor and was clearly a joke? :lol

E-RockWill
05-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Ugh.........

Big Empty
05-11-2010, 05:35 PM
The Bobcats are overlaoded with fowards with longer contracts than RJ's that can probably contribute more than he did. Diaw, Jackson, Thomas, asn wallace. Im sure jordan would trade one of them to save space after this season