PDA

View Full Version : I wish we had SJax

texasqb2
05-10-2005, 09:04 AM
I really miss those 6-19 shooting nights!

Dingle Barry
05-10-2005, 10:51 AM
6 fg's by Barry would have me masturbating

MaNuMaNiAc
05-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Interesting way to put it... :nerd

sa_butta
05-10-2005, 01:26 PM
6 fg's by Barry would have me masturbatingwhat the hell would you do for 10.

Solid D
05-10-2005, 01:31 PM
I wish we (the Spurs) had SJax

Wull, yeah.

MadDog73
05-10-2005, 01:35 PM
That was the thing with Jackson - one night savior, another night Judas.

If Barry could consistently score 10 points a night, I'd be very happy.

sa_butta
05-10-2005, 01:39 PM

If Barry could consistently score 10 points a night, I'd be very happy.I got to admit he passes up some open looks and as good
a 3 point shooter as he is suppose to be he needs at least 10 a game thats only 3 3pointers and a freethrow somewhere. not a lot to ask for a good 25-33 minutes in a game.

Solid D
05-10-2005, 01:40 PM
I wonder if there is such a thing as ppt (no, not Powerpoint...Points Per Touch)? I bet Whottt could address that question. Whottt? Anyone? Buehler?

sa_butta
05-10-2005, 01:44 PM
I wonder if there is such a thing as ppt (no, not Powerpoint...Points Per Touch)? I bet Whottt could address that question. Whottt? Anyone? Buehler?does anyone even keep track of touches. Actually probably silly question since they come up with all kinds of useless stats.

Solid D
05-10-2005, 01:46 PM
I know Whottt does.

Dingle Barry
05-10-2005, 01:49 PM
what the hell would you do for 10.

i can't say here :elephant

texasqb2
05-10-2005, 02:07 PM
This is the way I look at it...Barry is a set shooter and if hes not wide open, its tough for him to get off a "good" shot, granted SJax will throw up anything, at least Barry doesnt miss 13 shots (13 less shots for Tim/Manu/Tony), just b/c he doesnt score doesnt mean he is not productive. You cant send a double team from him to Timmy. He makes good passes, spreads the floor, does a lot of things for us. Kind of like Rasho, Rasho plays great defense and clogs the middle more (not on the stat sheet).

sa_butta
05-10-2005, 02:08 PM
This is the way I look at it...Barry is a set shooter and if hes not wide open, its tough for him to get off a "good" shot, granted SJax will throw up anything, at least Barry doesnt miss 13 shots (13 less shots for Tim/Manu/Tony), just b/c he doesnt score doesnt mean he is not productive. You cant send a double team from him to Timmy. He makes good passes, spreads the floor, does a lot of things for us. Kind of like Rasho, Rasho plays great defense and clogs the middle more (not on the stat sheet).
kind of reminds me of Danny Ferry's shot

bigbendbruisebrother
05-10-2005, 02:45 PM

If Barry could consistently score 10 points a night, I'd be very happy.

IMO we got the best out of SJax--the most that any team will ever get from him. Everything he contributes in the Pacer's doomed playoff run is like throwing bricks in the Grand Canyon. He and Ron Artest destroyed Reggie Miller's last year, and for that he should never be forgiven.

Vashner
05-10-2005, 03:32 PM
He was not "broken" good enough. As far as managing his temper.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-10-2005, 04:13 PM

I really miss the 6-19 shooting nights too, i also miss him tearing it up in the 4th quarter in the playoffs and finals :rolleyes

kskonn
05-10-2005, 04:27 PM

Give Barry 19 shots and i bet he makes Six.

I wonder if there is such a thing as ppt (no, not Powerpoint...Points Per Touch)? I bet Whottt could address that question. Whottt? Anyone? Buehler?

if I recall there is and they had them posted in another thread. I beilieve Barry was third on the team at the time it was posted. I think it was in the Barry Expose and Posted by Whott, not 100% sure though.

T Park
05-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Give Barry 19 shots

If Brent Barry had half the guts Stephen Jackson did, Barry would chuck up about 15 shots a game, and would be doing what Jackson did.

But thanks to him being a chicken to shoot the damn ball, he wont.

I miss Stephen Jackson as well.

kskonn
05-10-2005, 04:42 PM
If Brent Barry had half the guts Stephen Jackson did, Barry would chuck up about 15 shots a game, and would be doing what Jackson did.

But thanks to him being a chicken to shoot the damn ball, he wont.

I miss Stephen Jackson as well.

Yea I see your point. I should have said if Barry took 19 shots he would probably make six. hell if Barry took 19 shots a game he would probably average 20 points a game. Damnit Barry shoot more please!!!!!!!! Don't be a pussy!!!!

T Park
05-10-2005, 05:09 PM
if Barry shot 19 shots a game, the least he would make would prob be 10.

thats about 20 some odd points.

alot of the damn turnovers and shots by players that have bad looking shots, could be Barry shots.

Gerryatrics
05-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Solid D, I've been asking if anyone knew a site that keeps track of touches. I know there are a few stat trackers that create some stats using touches, but I've done a few quick searches and couldn't find any sites that listed them. I assumed the stat experts on here would know, guess not. It would be interesting to see how his touches compare to the rest of the team, and how many touches he gets with different players on the floor.

ducks
05-10-2005, 05:29 PM
I wish we had ben wallace I wish we had amare I wish we had ....
get over it

BigVee
05-10-2005, 05:43 PM
1. If Barry ever took 19 shots he wouldn't sniff the court again for a month.

2. If you shoot enough you are bound to have those "clutch" moments...see Arenas

3. Am I the only one sick of "who misses SJ" horseshit?

Obstructed_View
05-10-2005, 05:48 PM
1. If Barry ever took 19 shots he wouldn't sniff the court again for a month.

2. If you shoot enough you are bound to have those "clutch" moments...see Arenas

3. Am I the only one sick of "who misses SJ" horseshit?

Well put. X2

wildbill2u
05-10-2005, 06:07 PM

Good call. I watched him very closely in the 1st quarter. He went 1-7, got his shot blocked twice, threw the ball away several times, dribbled it off his foot, and generally stunk up the place. Once I noticed a teammate refused to give himn the ball on an inbounds play when he was the only really open man and was right in front of him. Wonder why?

He also got a couple of 'steals' credited where he happened to be there when the ball bounced off his man. All in all, when his team went down in the 1st quarter, he was a big part of the problem.

His teammates were on him last week about being a ball hog and apparently he got into it with a coach as well. Do we really need all this discussion about a player who won't be back? :pctoss

ShoogarBear
05-10-2005, 09:38 PM
I wonder if there is such a thing as ppt (no, not Powerpoint...Points Per Touch)? I bet Whottt could address that question. Whottt? Anyone? Buehler? I bet whottt touches himself ever time Barry scores.

texasqb2
05-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Good call. I watched him very closely in the 1st quarter. He went 1-7, got his shot blocked twice, threw the ball away several times, dribbled it off his foot, and generally stunk up the place. Once I noticed a teammate refused to give himn the ball on an inbounds play when he was the only really open man and was right in front of him. Wonder why?

He also got a couple of 'steals' credited where he happened to be there when the ball bounced off his man. All in all, when his team went down in the 1st quarter, he was a big part of the problem.

His teammates were on him last week about being a ball hog and apparently he got into it with a coach as well. Do we really need all this discussion about a player who won't be back? :pctoss

I am sick of the talk about SJax too, but I wanted another jab in there to make those people look silly who want him back, he blows

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-11-2005, 05:19 AM
I am sick of the talk about SJax too, but I wanted another jab in there to make those people look silly who want him back, he blows

Why do people have to discredit Sjax all the time. He was a HUGE part of our 03 championship. I would take him over Barry anyday.