PDA

View Full Version : Raptor's Bosh Sign & Trade Deadline

edgar
05-10-2010, 11:59 PM
When is the first and last day Toronto can explore doing a sign and trade for Chris Bosh and Calderon to the Spurs for Parker and Jefferson? Assuming Bosh agrees.

Blake
05-11-2010, 12:02 AM
:lol

baseline bum
05-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Last February.

edgar
05-11-2010, 12:06 AM
My question was in reference to a Sign and Trade if Bosh agrees ofcourse.

Dex
05-11-2010, 12:08 AM
...It's going to be a long offseason.

DesignatedT
05-11-2010, 12:09 AM
:bang

Shastafarian
05-11-2010, 12:12 AM
http://www.dirkbronze.com/content/images/stories/bronze/Retard-Stage.jpg

edgar
05-11-2010, 12:14 AM
I dont know what you guys are laughing and complaining about. This is a very realistic scenario and I will be the first to bump this thread if it begins to develop. If you dont like it no one forced you to come in here and read.

ducks
05-11-2010, 12:14 AM
lets forget bosh what about james?

Dex
05-11-2010, 12:15 AM
I will be the first to bump this thread if it begins to develop.

Be sure to do that.

NewJerSpur
05-11-2010, 12:16 AM
lets forget bosh what about james?

Are you being sarcastic ducks?

ducks
05-11-2010, 12:16 AM
I dont know what you guys are laughing and complaining about. This is a very realistic scenario and I will be the first to bump this thread if it begins to develop. If you dont like it no one forced you to come in here and read.
very realistic scenario:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

parker is going no where
now hill and rj maybe

but not for bosh

edgar
05-11-2010, 12:17 AM
I will dont u worry about that.

ducks
05-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Are you being sarcastic ducks?

yes

spurs do not need his PATHETIC attitude on the team

also he and the coach got enter a heated conversionation because james did not want to do what his boss was telling him to do

ducks
05-11-2010, 12:19 AM
I will dont u worry about that.

what % chance do you think has to happen?

ANSWER THE QUESTION

edgar
05-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Ofcourse ducks will be the first to protect Parker from any typical bashing. But thankfully this is the first true season we can all safely say he is on the trading block and you know what if Raptors come knocking or any other team for that matter, you know the Spurs will be listening.

ducks
05-11-2010, 12:24 AM
But thankfully this is the first true season we can all safely say he is on the trading block “The speculation on Tony is (based) outside of our organization, not internally,” Buford said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Apgo81NF.nFT1WChus9FwCi8vLYF?slug=ap-spurswrapup

NewJerSpur
05-11-2010, 12:25 AM
yes

spurs do not need his PATHETIC attitude on the team

also he and the coach got enter a heated conversionation because james did not want to do what his boss was telling him to do

Just making sure you aren't switching up. :lol

Btw, I think LeBron is staying in Cleveland, though I can see Cuban making a call. He and Mike Brown will kiss and make up.....Mike has no choice, LBJ has that city by the brass for the next few months.

edgar
05-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Oh and there is a 30% chance of this happening. Just 4u ducks. But all b.s aside there is a good possobility of this happen. Let me explain Nay Sayers. 1 Bosh is from Texas and San Antonio happens to be in Texas wow! So it would not be too hard to convince him into a sign and trade to return to his home state and play with duncan, manu, and popovich, so long as he is given his Max Contract. Why do the Raps do it? Because Tony Parker is young and an all star who they can resign or use with jefferson as trading chips for someone else longterm. They will consider acquiring anything for nothing if Bosh is really leaving.

zocool16
05-11-2010, 12:35 AM

Dude, don't even try. Seems like a lot of these fans deem the notion of Parker getting traded as a joke. I made a case for it being realistic because of the Spurs' necessity of getting rid of Jefferson, but I guess they don't wanna hear it.

edgar
05-11-2010, 12:43 AM
ZoCool16 you also make a valid point with trying to get rid of jefferson by attaching him to Parker in any deal. I truly believe thats what the Spurs will be asking for if any team wants Parker. I dont think we would get many player for them two but instead push for a big man to pair next to duncan which is why our statements have a good chance of being a possibility. People have to accept its a business not a loyalty relationship.

poop
05-11-2010, 12:46 AM
will end up with an old grizzled veteran on his last legs as usual. oh and Bonner will still be here.

rayray2k8
05-11-2010, 12:47 AM
It's the same day when we can trade Bogans for Lebron. :rolleyes

Ditty
05-11-2010, 12:56 AM
july 1st when teams are allowed to talk too free agents

I really doubt the spurs are going to trade parker theres no point unless parker has asked to be traded

george hill is not a point guard but of course a small shooting guard best he can do is take the ball down court and pass it down low and let bosh or duncan work how easy is that going to be for the defense once maybe hill gets a true driving game maybe i would go for this trade but this is stupid to think parker is really going to get traded

SpursTillTheEnd
05-11-2010, 01:24 AM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa58/DXSSI/Ron%20Simmons/4.jpghttp://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa58/DXSSI/Ron%20Simmons/5.jpg

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt280/WhitePhantom/wrestling/th2yzet21jpg.gif

Spursfanfromafar
05-11-2010, 03:26 AM
No way the Raptors do it. But as a Spurs fan, I like the S & T idea. As much as I love TP, Bosh will extend the Duncan window and even start a new window.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-11-2010, 03:37 AM
Would you explain why no other team would offer a better package than Parker and RJ ( both expirings )? It's not like Toronto would need expiring contracts - in case of S&T they'll look for good picks and good young talent and the Spurs can't offer either.

venitian navigator
05-11-2010, 03:43 AM
The bosh trade make a little bit of sense, but the compensation for raptors can't be Tony Parker...

The window I see, is something like : Jefferson and rights to Splitter to Toronto
Bosh (and Weems) to S.A.

Bosh want to be in a contender team, better if from Texas, and SA is ok with both these requests, and will take the maximum money with a sign and trade.
He's in good relationship with Raptors and will make everything for maximize the thinghs they could take for him.
For S.A. that could be a good trade, considering they take a proven and young big next to Tim and that could let the chance to spend the MLE on a good wing player replacing RJ.
For Toronto is good because RJ is made for playing in un up tempo system, like the one played with Calderon, Splitter is an international of very good level and with a great upside going in an international organization like the Raptors that need a Center...so he will have a lot of playing time (like he wants) from the beginning.

Looks like everyone couild be happy, at the end...

TJastal
05-11-2010, 03:57 AM
The bosh trade make a little bit of sense, but the compensation for raptors can't be Tony Parker...

The window I see, is something like : Jefferson and rights to Splitter to Toronto
Bosh (and Weems) to S.A.

Bosh want to be in a contender team, better if from Texas, and SA is ok with both these requests, and will take the maximum money with a sign and trade.
He's in good relationship with Raptors and will make everything for maximize the thinghs they could take for him.
For S.A. that could be a good trade, considering they take a proven and young big next to Tim and that could let the chance to spend the MLE on a good wing player replacing RJ.
For Toronto is good because RJ is made for playing in un up tempo system, like the one played with Calderon, Splitter is an international of very good level and with a great upside going in an international organization like the Raptors that need a Center...so he will have a lot of playing time (like he wants) from the beginning.

Looks like everyone couild be happy, at the end...

lol @ thinking the raptors would be happy taking Jefferson and a Euro center currently in the middle of a 4 year contract over in Europe and in no way a gaurantee to come to the nba

Sisk
05-11-2010, 04:17 AM
Dude, don't even try. Seems like a lot of these fans deem the notion of Parker getting traded as a joke. I made a case for it being realistic because of the Spurs' necessity of getting rid of Jefferson, but I guess they don't wanna hear it.

ZoCool16 you also make a valid point with trying to get rid of jefferson by attaching him to Parker in any deal. I truly believe thats what the Spurs will be asking for if any team wants Parker. I dont think we would get many player for them two but instead push for a big man to pair next to duncan which is why our statements have a good chance of being a possibility. People have to accept its a business not a loyalty relationship.

Are yall trolling together? I'm serious..

venitian navigator
05-11-2010, 06:09 AM
lol @ thinking the raptors would be happy taking Jefferson and a Euro center currently in the middle of a 4 year contract over in Europe and in no way a gaurantee to come to the nba

Raptors can lose Bosh for nothing.
Splitter has already said he would like to come this year in the nba.

That said, about Splitter, Toronto can give him a lot of playing time and the chance, in three years, MLE contract expired, to double the money he could receive in Europe.
About Toronto, it just depends if They prefer cap space or something decent in return.
Other teams can make offers, but the great part of them have just cap space...so nothing back for the Raps.
On the other end, a trade need to please all the parts...here they are Raptors, Spurs, Bosh, Jefferson and Splitter.
Imho having a good sf (remember that before coming in our "difficult" system, RJ was a 20 point player in a less complicated offense...Toronto has the kind of play maker -Calderon - that's perfect for his game) that can play with both Turkoglu and Bargnani, and a good Center is a more than decent compensation.
Consider, than : 1) RJ is in the final year of his contract and then could well
be signed at a more reasonable price;
2) Splitter cost, at maximum, just the MLE

I see this not only a lot better than nothing in return, but frankly one of the better offers that Toronto can hope to receive from other teams.

WalterBenitez
05-11-2010, 07:03 AM
When is the first and last day Toronto can explore doing a sign and trade for Chris Bosh and Calderon to the Spurs for Parker and Jefferson? Assuming Bosh agrees.

O yeah baby ... go behind that tall boy, I like his style (hair style), intensity ... etc...

WalterBenitez
05-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Bosh next to TD + Tiago to develop + Manu/Hil + Blair ... we only need some interesting coming from the bench.

baseline bum
05-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Is edgar one of the Mavfans having fun trolling Spurs fans or some shit? If so, excellent job. :toast

JonNOKC
05-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Even if you think a sign & trade is probable - which I don't - you have to consider other teams who would be players in a sign and trade for Bosh - if you consider the Raptors would do any of these trades especially one not involving TP then Dallas could easily give Raptors more for Bosh - and of course Dallas wouldn't be the only team interested in S&T - in the end this is a pipe dream becuase 1 - the FO says TP is staying and 2 - we wouldn't have the best package to offer for Bosh (or other max type FA)

ajh18
05-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I think a much more realistic package would be something like Jefferson/Blair/Hill + Splitter's rights for Bosh. If I remember correctly, the Suns were apparently willing to consider a Hill/Blair package as part of a potential deal for Amare.

I'm not saying we should do this trade, personally I think we're better off going with what we've got and trying to bring over Splitter. But that's the kind of package I think Toronto would seriously sit down and consider. It would mortgage our future, but give us another 2 years of serious title contention.

Agloco
05-11-2010, 09:17 AM

Really?

resistanze
05-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Really?

:lol

Calderon?? Jesus.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2010, 09:20 AM

http://www.straferight.com/photopost/data/500/medium/double-facepalm.jpg

dbestpro
05-11-2010, 09:42 AM
If some how a trade does go down that send Bosh to SA and lands Parker elsewhere, alot of the old grizzled veterans of this website are going to have egg on their face.

Brazil
05-11-2010, 09:45 AM
If some how a trade does go down that send Bosh to SA and lands Parker elsewhere, alot of the old grizzled veterans of this website are going to have egg on their face.

they are safe

IceColdBrewski
05-11-2010, 11:16 AM
july 1st when teams are allowed to talk too free agents

I really doubt the spurs are going to trade parker theres no point...

Uh, yes there is a point. He becomes an unrestricted free agent summer 2011. They can trade him now and get a good player in return, or risk letting him walk next summer and get nothing. It's the same situation the Eagles were in with Donovan McNabb.

Regardless of what Buford tells the media, they WILL be listening to trade offers involving Parker. They'd be foolish no to.

rascal
05-11-2010, 11:18 AM

Its more likely the Lakers make a play for Bosh than the Spurs.

ElNono
05-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Its more likely the Lakers make a play for Bosh than the Spurs.

With what cap space? Bosh isn't going anywhere for less than the max...

easy7
05-11-2010, 12:42 PM
I say trade Parker for Bosh and have Mason run the point. Bench Bosh and have Bonner play in his place. :rolleyes

Big P
05-11-2010, 01:08 PM

They are talking about a Bosh/Bynum trade.

Josepatches_
05-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Bosh for Parker would be great but it's not going to happen

scottspurs
05-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Sign and trade Bonner for Bosh. Do it RC.

jcrod
05-11-2010, 04:18 PM
If Bosh is set on leaving, Toronto would want an expiring contract and young talent or high draft picks. Parker is not going anywhere.

RJ with a combination of Hill, Blair, or Splitter should work. Toronto will get an expiring contract with two young proven talents. I would hate to lose Blair or Splitter, but Bosh is better. And as good as Hill is, he is not a PG and we still have Manu.

You hear Dallas will be in the running for free agents. Who can they offer thats better?

edgar
05-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Yes other teams may have better packeges in line to make a run at a sign and trade for Bosh but what you have to come to grips on is that the ball is on Bosh's as he ultimately has to agree to any deal that goes down. So basically it would come down to what is the best package that we as the Raptors organization can get for Bosh if he agrees to go with a sign and trade. Now given facts is that he is from Texas and would not mind picking a Texas team to return to. Now assuming he goes with this plan its pretty safe to assume that he would want a chance at a ring and San Antonio would be the real team with the best chance at a ring as we still have duncan and ginobili. I say that if theres a good opportunity of obtaining Bosh, assuming Bosh agrees to come here, then we give Toronto the best package we can give even if its a part of the big three plus fillers to make it work. This is the best chance at a passing of the torch scenario where Duncan would play the Robinson role.

E-RockWill
05-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Roger Mason, Jr. & our unprotected 2nd round pick in 2016 (thank you Coach Brown) for Chris Bosh.

This thread made me { t h i s m u c h d u m b e r}

Big P
05-11-2010, 05:41 PM
If Bosh is set on leaving, Toronto would want an expiring contract and young talent or high draft picks. Parker is not going anywhere.

RJ with a combination of Hill, Blair, or Splitter should work. Toronto will get an expiring contract with two young proven talents. I would hate to lose Blair or Splitter, but Bosh is better. And as good as Hill is, he is not a PG and we still have Manu.

You hear Dallas will be in the running for free agents. Who can they offer thats better?

It would have to be one or the other, not both Hill & Blair...we can throw in our draft pick & take a second rounder back or something.

edgar
05-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Roger Mason, Jr. & our unprotected 2nd round pick in 2016 (thank you Coach Brown) for Chris Bosh.

This thread made me { t h i s m u c h d u m b e r}

Fuck off you and all you that come up with fucktard remarks like this one.

You guys sound like old conservative Republicans who try to say no to everything and want good results out of it.

I'll be the first to admit that its a long shot but not as long as one may think. Tony Parker plus fillers for Chris Bosh sign and trade for the maximum money is a very possible trade and one that would benefit all 3 parties involved (Raptors, Spurs, and Chris Bosh) and all you nay sayers will be remembered on this board for being retarded for trying to bring this idea down if it develops. What will you say then?

-No Im not a Mavs fan, never in my life.
-I don't troll.
-This topic started as a question of when was the first and last day the Raptors could explore a trade that brought Bosh to SA and sent Parker and Jefferson/Fillers to the Rapotors.

But like always people who think they have god-given rights in this board come in and try to be assholes and shut down any possibilities that their small brains could not think about.

</rant>

edgar
05-11-2010, 06:10 PM
...It's going to be a long offseason.

very realistic scenario:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

parker is going no where
now hill and rj maybe

but not for bosh

RC
Regarding TP and whether a subsequent extension would be forthcoming:

RC stated that TP's extension wouldn't be the focus over the summer. The immediate focus would be improving the team. Because TP has an expiring contract, along with RJ, he is sure that would generate interest by some teams. While he has no plans of trading TP, he knows the phone would ring and that the FO would answer the call and listen.

gatoloco
05-11-2010, 06:39 PM
to the OP, if you are Bosh, where would you want to play?

i'd say Dallas would be #1 on his list as he gets to go home, join a contender and enjoy the best facilities and perks cuban's money can buy...and dallas would have the ammo for a sign and trade somehow, no?

or 2nd choice, join wade. either in miami or wherever that may be...

Superstar FAs want no part of SA. We all know this by now.

It's draft them, or trade for a disgruntled one that is under contract...period.

period i said!

E-RockWill
05-11-2010, 06:54 PM

You guys sound like old conservative Republicans who try to say no to everything and want good results out of it.

I'll be the first to admit that its a long shot but not as long as one may think. Tony Parker plus fillers for Chris Bosh sign and trade for the maximum money is a very possible trade and one that would benefit all 3 parties involved (Raptors, Spurs, and Chris Bosh) and all you nay sayers will be remembered on this board for being retarded for trying to bring this idea down if it develops. What will you say then?

-I don't troll.
-This topic started as a question of when was the first and last day the Raptors could explore a trade that brought Bosh to SA and sent Parker and Jefferson/Fillers to the Rapotors.

But like always people who think they have god-given rights in this board come in and try to be assholes and shut down any possibilities that their small brains could not think about.

</rant>
:whine

:lol @ edgar getting butthurt

Blake
05-11-2010, 06:59 PM

-I don't troll.

</rant>

awesome meltdown

edgar
05-11-2010, 07:01 PM
:whine

:lol @ edgar getting butthurt

:wakeup

johnnyblues
05-11-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm no expert on the matter, but is there a CBA that will restrict this trade to happen?

*seriously I have no clue as to what I'm talking/asking about*

Dex
05-11-2010, 07:21 PM
RC
Regarding TP and whether a subsequent extension would be forthcoming:

RC stated that TP's extension wouldn't be the focus over the summer. The immediate focus would be improving the team. Because TP has an expiring contract, along with RJ, he is sure that would generate interest by some teams. While he has no plans of trading TP, he knows the phone would ring and that the FO would answer the call and listen.

Once again, bump this post whenever you find genuine speculation that the Spurs are trying to package Parker for Bosh. I'll be glad to eat crow.

Otherwise, just be glad this post will eventually disappear into the oblivion of the internet.

On a separate note, it's probably best if you didn't take this whole forum thing too seriously.

edgar
Oh and check out my new signature picture you guys! You will love it!

:downspin:

Blake
:wakeup

:wakeup:wakeup

Big P
05-11-2010, 07:27 PM
fuck off you and all you that come up with fucktard remarks like this one.

You guys sound like old conservative republicans who try to say no to everything and want good results out of it.

I'll be the first to admit that its a long shot but not as long as one may think. Tony parker plus fillers for chris bosh sign and trade for the maximum money is a very possible trade and one that would benefit all 3 parties involved (raptors, spurs, and chris bosh) and all you nay sayers will be remembered on this board for being retarded for trying to bring this idea down if it develops. What will you say then?

-no im not a mavs fan, never in my life.
-i don't troll.
-this topic started as a question of when was the first and last day the raptors could explore a trade that brought bosh to sa and sent parker and jefferson/fillers to the rapotors.

</rant>

7/10

dbestpro
05-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Edgar, never let them get you upset. Its like candy for some.

edgar
05-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Edgar, never let them get you upset. Its like candy for some.

Thanks. Believe me ill learn the ropes around here and will take my due of crow from time to time but Ill take on the so called vets and the common smart-ass when I know I make a valid point.

:toast

rascal
05-17-2010, 08:49 PM

With a trade.

Spursfan092120
05-17-2010, 09:19 PM
http://hilariousgifs.com/gifs/tv/fuck.gif

Mel_13
05-17-2010, 09:36 PM
I'll be the first to admit that its a long shot but not as long as one may think. Tony Parker plus fillers for Chris Bosh sign and trade for the maximum money is a very possible trade and one that would benefit all 3 parties involved (Raptors, Spurs, and Chris Bosh)

I'll stay on topic and leave others to comment on your rant. The main problem with your scenario is the assumption that this trade would benefit the Raptors.

The Raptors already are on the hook for 3yrs/30M to their current PG. Any trade that has a 13M PG going to Toronto has to have Calderon going out.

So then you say just expand the trade and send RJ with TP for Bosh and Calderon. Problem is Toronto already has a massively overpaid SF on their roster as well, so that trade doesn't benefit Toronto either.

For Bosh to get to a team without cap space, like any of the Texas teams, requires Toronto's cooperation. They'll get better offers than TP+RJ for Bosh+Calderon. Dallas and Houston can both make better offers, especially Dallas which can use Dampier's contract to make an ugly contract like Hedo or Calderon completely disappear.

Josepatches_
05-17-2010, 10:30 PM
I'll stay on topic and leave others to comment on your rant. The main problem with your scenario is the assumption that this trade would benefit the Raptors.

The Raptors already are on the hook for 3yrs/30M to their current PG. Any trade that has a 13M PG going to Toronto has to have Calderon going out.

So then you say just expand the trade and send RJ with TP for Bosh and Calderon. Problem is Toronto already has a massively overpaid SF on their roster as well, so that trade doesn't benefit Toronto either.

For Bosh to get to a team without cap space, like any of the Texas teams, requires Toronto's cooperation. They'll get better offers than TP+RJ for Bosh+Calderon. Dallas and Houston can both make better offers, especially Dallas which can use Dampier's contract to make an ugly contract like Hedo or Calderon completely disappear.

If we can make that trade then we will be the 2010-2011 NBA Champions.If Splitter is here i would add Dice too if they want..

After Kwame for Pau Gasol everything could happen.The problem is that we are not the Fakers.

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2010, 10:38 PM
i think the raptors would want splitter part of the package instead of dice

Spursfanfromafar
05-18-2010, 01:23 AM

While you make a good point, I do think that a package that includes the Spanish League MVP Splitter would be more palatable for the Raps than one that gets Dampier for financial savings.

If the Raps dont bite on TP+RJ for Bosh+Calderon, they could bite for TP+RJ+Splitter for Bosh+Calderon. They are basically getting three starters for the loss of one and a half. TP is a major upgrade over Calderon and Splitter would be a welcome investment at center for the future. For the Spurs, they get a decent sixth option in Calderon who is a good pass first and turnover free player and a superstar in Bosh, who could blossom further in the company of an ageing Tim. A starting lineup of Bosh+Hill+Ginobili+Duncan+(Defensive free agent/First Round Pick- Raja Bell?) with Calderon, McDyess, Blair on the bench + others seems a good enough bet for next season and more.