PDA

View Full Version : How much money do we have to spend this summer?

EMS33
05-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Does anyone know how much money we have to spend this summer.?

Also what if we let Mason/Bogans/Bonner walk.

peskypesky
05-11-2010, 12:57 AM
aren't we already over the salary cap?

Ditty
05-11-2010, 01:06 AM
MLE,LLE, and minimum but because were over the cap expect this team to stay the same unless trades will be made which i doubt unless spurs decide to take on more cap so just see the spurs spending the MLE of course on splitter and worry about resigng temple,hairston(pick up his option) and bonner unless frye signs for the LLE which i doubt the way he has been playing but thats my sceniro i hope

Dex
05-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Spurs used the bi-annual excepton (LLE) last summer, I believe. On Marcus Haislip IIRC. If so, they can't use it again this year.

We have seven players (Tim, Manu, Tony, Hill, Blair, Dice, Jefferson) on contract due to make ~$66 million. Salary cap for next season is only ~$56.

So unless someone gets traded, Spurs are already well over the cap, and will only have the MLE and Minimum exceptions to work with.

sabar
05-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Technically we have no money to spend because we are well over the cap. I have no idea how the FO is going to retool the team with the MLE and vet min, but maybe it can be done. I imagine most or all of the MLE ends up in splitter which makes us have to address issues with the minimum or via trades.

Our best asset is expiring RJ, but this probably doesn't lead anywhere until February.

temujin
05-11-2010, 03:30 AM
Don't know about you guys, I will not spend any money basketball-wise, this summer.
Actually my kid is going to get paid for summer camps.