PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams calls out Charles Barkley in postgame interview

namlook
05-11-2010, 01:47 AM
VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJT0qTUKGhQ&feature=player_embedded#!

Deron Williams:

"They are a championship team. People made Kobe mad. People owe him an apology. I heard Chuck say he's getting old and he's not going to be able to the same things and he did them."

Barkley then goes on the defensive on the post game show. Ernie, Webber and Kenny were all over him.

Barkley: "He's not going to be able to score 30-40 a night. Those days are over!"

Kenny " But he scored over 30 a game on 50% shooting!"

Ernie, Kenny and Webber all laughing at the dumbass.

Barkley: "But the 30 points didn't help"

Kenny: " They didn't help? (everyone laughs at Chuckster). C'mon..."

Now THIS is entertainment!

crc21209
05-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Is it me or does Chuck look AND act like he's drunk pretty much every night he's on the show? :lol...Would'nt be surprised if he actually is..

Koolaid_Man
05-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Is it me or does Chuck look AND act like he's drunk pretty much every night he's on the show? :lol...Would'nt be surprised if he actually is..

Chuck just hates Kobe period...He masquerades on air like they're cool but Kobe is the single biggest threat to MJ's legacy and since MJ was the primary reason Chuck went ringless Chuck is duty bound to hold MJ's nut suck until he can hold it no more. If Kobe surpasses MJ in rings then Chuck won't be able to hide behind the excuse he lost to MJ...then he be forced to hold Kobe's nuts...something painful indeed for the Chuckster...:lol

Pero
05-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Chuck just hates Kobe period...He masquerades on air like they're cool but Kobe is the single biggest threat to MJ's legacy

LMAO. Kobe is a threat to Jordan's legacy as much as a mouse is a threat to a tiger.

KidCongo
05-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Chuck just hates Kobe period...He masquerades on air like they're cool but Kobe is the single biggest threat to MJ's legacy and since MJ was the primary reason Chuck went ringless Chuck is duty bound to hold MJ's nut suck until he can hold it no more. If Kobe surpasses MJ in rings then Chuck won't be able to hide behind the excuse he lost to MJ...then he be forced to hold Kobe's nuts...something painful indeed for the Chuckster...:lol

or maybe he hears it from Kenny who is on kobe's nuts.

djohn2oo8
05-11-2010, 08:56 AM

Apparently you never saw MJ play, because only a 12 yr old dumbass would say something like that

JamStone
05-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Lol Kobe's a threat to Jordan's legacy like I'm a threat to Kobe's legacy. In other words, he's not a threat. Because Kobe won't have the League MVPs or Finals MVPs and every title he's won, he's needed more help than Jordan did, in my opinion, Kobe would have to win several more titles than Jordan to legitimately surpass him. Now, that's not to say that if Kobe wins a 5th and perhaps a 6th that some people, especially Kobe slappies and Laker fans, won't make the argument. They will. But to "legitimately" surpass Michael, Kobe will need to really have to outdo Jordan in some area, so number of titles it will have to be. It won't be scoring. It's not shooting efficiency. It's not number of League MVPs or Finals MVPs. It's not defense. Kobe can't surpass Jordan in those things. So Kobe will need to win like 8-9 titles before he really has a legit argument of "threatening" Jordan's legacy. Otherwise, like I said, he's as much of a threat to Jordan's legacy as I am to Kobe's. He's not.

pauls931
05-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Lol Kobe's a threat to Jordan's legacy like I'm a threat to Kobe's legacy. In other words, he's not a threat. Because Kobe won't have the League MVPs or Finals MVPs and every title he's won, he's needed more help than Jordan did, in my opinion, Kobe would have to win several more titles than Jordan to legitimately surpass him. Now, that's not to say that if Kobe wins a 5th and perhaps a 6th that some people, especially Kobe slappies and Laker fans, won't make the argument. They will. But to "legitimately" surpass Michael, Kobe will need to really have to outdo Jordan in some area, so number of titles it will have to be. It won't be scoring. It's not shooting efficiency. It's not number of League MVPs or Finals MVPs. It's not defense. Kobe can't surpass Jordan in those things. So Kobe will need to win like 8-9 titles before he really has a legit argument of "threatening" Jordan's legacy. Otherwise, like I said, he's as much of a threat to Jordan's legacy as I am to Kobe's. He's not.

Jordan did have Scottie Pippen to help him, but Kobe did need more help. Before Gasol, the lakers were a first round exit team. Now he has Gasol, Bynum, Odom, quite a group of bigs, other than that just needs a few 3pt chuckers and he's set.

D-Wade #3
05-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Jordan did have Scottie Pippen to help him, but Kobe did need more help. Before Gasol, the lakers were a first round exit team. Now he has Gasol, Bynum, Odom, quite a group of bigs, other than that just needs a few 3pt chuckers and he's set.

Kobe had the best center in the game helping him

pauls931
05-11-2010, 09:41 AM
First of all, stop making it seem like Bynum is some beast. He's six fouls, that's it. Odom is a career underachiever and he's proving it every day. And Pau is the softest big man in the history of the game. You can't change your tune now that you see Kobe leading his team into another dynasty. However, I'm glad that you guys actually think this team is better than Suns teams of recent past. It's going to make it that much more sweet... when we kick your fucking asses.

Blah blah blah... I don't think Utah thinks Pau is soft and bigs are in the NBA for a reason, to keep everyone else out of the paint, no need to score a lot.

TheMACHINE
05-11-2010, 09:46 AM
kobe might not be Jordan, but he is the closest we got. Ill take it!

mogrovejo
05-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Barkley is right. Deron Williams should be mad at his club for building a roster without a single half-decent wing player.

I'm always amazed how Kobe fans seem to be completely oblivious to how ridiculous the Jordan/Kobe talk looks to a normal person. I thought they were already over it.

tlongII
05-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Kobe ain't winning any more titles so who gives a shit?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Those individual awards don't mean shit, because we all know Kobe should have at least 3 MVP's and two finals MVP's.

How?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Barkley is right. Deron Williams should be mad at his club for building a roster without a single half-decent wing player.

I'm always amazed how Kobe fans seem to be completely oblivious to how ridiculous the Jordan/Kobe talk looks to a normal person. I thought they were already over it.

Kobefan has always been out in their own little world, I guess it's why their state is in billions of dollars of debt.

An Unbiased Fan
05-11-2010, 10:47 AM
It's too early to comapre Kobe with MJ, let's wait until their careers are over.

As for Barkley, he's the same idiot who said Kobe wasn't a superstar, nor a Top 60 player all-time.

Amaso
05-11-2010, 10:48 AM
It is impossible to challenge Jordan's legacy, there may be a player better than MJ and Kobe in the future but Jordan is always going to be considered the greatest because of his legacy, not necessarily because how good he was.

The Gemini Method
05-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Oh, look, more obssesion.

The Gemini Method
05-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Kobefan has always been out in their own little world, I guess it's why their state is in billions of dollars of debt.

Anyone who calls Arizona home should never mock another state...at least for a couple more months.

namlook
05-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Who cares about Jordan's legacy. The point is Barkley showed himself to be a fool, a dumbass, a moron with less than half a brain cell and even NBA players are disrespecting him because of his weak ass shit he brings to the table.

MateoNeygro
05-11-2010, 11:33 AM

Fair enough, I agree. He isn't close to MJ though.

SenorSpur
05-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Sometimes I truly believe Barkley is drunk on the set - with his half-cocked opinions. He's funny and all. I get that. However, it's occasions like this where he comes off to be nothing more than the class clown - as opposed to a credible NBA Analyst.

Cane
05-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Charles was right about Kobe not being as fast or as quick as he was. Sure he can still put up points especially after a weeks worth of rest but just not in the same way as he used to.

BlackSwordsMan
05-11-2010, 11:41 AM
lol kobe threat to MJ's legacy

duhoh
05-11-2010, 01:38 PM

:toast

Killakobe81
05-11-2010, 05:30 PM

believe it or not, i agree with MOST of his kobe is no threat to MJ's legacy why should he, lebron or anyone else be?
I do not think MJ's reign threatened Magic or Bird's leagcy even if he did surpass them in MANY ways ...

But here is the one point i disagree with (much like kobe) MJ was overrated defensively... both when focused were great 1 on1 defenders but many times did not lock in and focus on defense ...so to me the 2 areas that kobe can catch MJ is titles AND in some ways defense because Kobe can still lock down perimeter players (somewhat) while MJ almost never did once Pippen became the superior defender ...there is no way to measure that and many wll say well Jordan won DPOY but we all know that many of those awards are bullshit anyways ...

I for one do not think kobe is > MJ or even = ...but i do think MJ is somewhat overrated (defensively) and peple forget at times he was a volume shooter and scorer (much like kobe) as great as he was (as Kobe is now) as great as Kobe is MJ just did it better no harm in that ...

It's dumb for haters to say though he (kobe) is no better than joe Johnson, just a chucker, dependant on Pau ...because that is just ignorance.

Just as it's foolish to say Kobe is better than MJ
IMHO Kobe has yet to pass Magic or Duncan...but i would give him the edge on Bird Hakeem etc ...based on titles conistent greatness and high level of play

Killakobe81
05-11-2010, 05:40 PM
MJ is not overrated, and either is Kobe. They both had to earn their status. Now James, Wade and Melo are manufactured by the NBA.

im speaking about defense more than anything Kobe was NOT 1st team ALL NBA on defense this year 2nd is more likely but even debateable ...MJ was never truly DPOY in my humble opinion if he was (even though i think MJ is abetter defender) just give it to Lebron ...

the year Mj got it he had great blocks from behind and great steals as a helpdefender but I never thought he was the best defender in the NBA in fact he was never the best defender on his own team in the title years ...that was Pippen... and hell no don'tt even bring Rodman in this debate ...he wa smaybe 3rd bestdefender of the 2nd Bulls 3 peat ...helluve rebounder though

Killakobe81
05-11-2010, 05:44 PM
im speaking about defense more than anything Kobe was NOT 1st team ALL NBA on defense this year 2nd is more likely but even debateable ...MJ was never truly DPOY in my humble opinion if he was (even though i think MJ is abetter defender) just give it to Lebron ...

the year Mj got it he had great blocks from behind and great steals as a helpdefender but I never thought he was the best defender in the NBA in fact he was never the best defender on his own team in the title years ...that was Pippen and hell no doubt even bring Rodman in this debate ...

I mean bulls era Rodman ...

Piston rodman is in my defensive player HOF ...if there was one he would be in it ...bulls version not so much ...

Koolaid_Man
05-11-2010, 06:10 PM
IMHO Kobe has yet to pass Magic or Duncan...but i would give him the edge on Bird Hakeem etc ...based on titles conistent greatness and high level of play

Most of what you say is real but Kobe has yet to pass Duncan is as non real a statement a I'll ever read..and that Duncan was better than Hakeem downright laughable...

21_Blessings
05-11-2010, 06:19 PM
im speaking about defense more than anything Kobe was NOT 1st team ALL NBA on defense this year 2nd is more likely but even debateable

No offense, but you're a fucking idiot :lol

Not only can you not prove your claim, you even spelled debatable wrong.

Kobe absolutely deserved 1st team defense and remains the best defensive shooting guard in the league easily.

Now Ron deserved to be at least on the 2nd team and even had argument to be on 1st team over Lebron.

Ghazi
05-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Lakers are not that stacked. Any starting 5 with Glassnum and Fisher in it can't be considered stacked. Pippen/Rodman are better than Gasol/Glassnum IMO.

TheMACHINE
05-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Lakers are not that stacked. Any starting 5 with Glassnum and Fisher in it can't be considered stacked. Pippen/Rodman are better than Gasol/Glassnum IMO.

mother fucken QFT