PDA

View Full Version : Next year is an odd year!

jason1301
05-11-2010, 05:41 AM
After watching the latest team interviews, I am very hopeful for the near future. I am hoping that we ll keep that same 7 rotation guys, TP Manu G Hill RJ Dice TD and Blair. To that I hope we ll add, Splitter and maybe keep Bogans or add someone like Raja Bell.

I have my fingers crossed that;

TP will return to 2008-09 form
RJ will have much better 2nd year
Blair will improve just like G Hill did. Especially if he develops that mid-range shot.
TD and Manu will not play that much worse that they did this year.
Splitter will sign
Our draft pick will be a solid one

too many ifs? I don't think so!!! After-all this is the lowest we have ever drafted since Timmy!!!!

I don't see TP being traded (hopefully he is healthy), and I think it would be stupid to ship RJ before Christmas 2010. Mason and Bonner are out. And splitter has a good chance of joining us. Blair and Hill will improve!

My concerns are TD and Manu, but to be honest i see Manu being smart with his body and having a Nash like career and play till he is 37 years old at a high level. Timmy needs some more help during the regular season. I see Blair having more and more playing time and Duncan registering a career low in minutes per game, sitting out of back to backs, ... etc. Again please splitter get your A## over in San Antonio!

Cheers everybody, this group of guys with some adjustments can pull it off next year.

TJastal
05-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Splitter and Bogans will be the difference between 2nd round sweep and championship. Got it.

jason1301
05-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Splitter and Bogans will be the difference between 2nd round sweep and championship. Got it.

Hey, let me spell it for you...

never-mind mastermind.

Next?

timtonymanu
05-11-2010, 06:22 AM
I hope you're right but I wont get my hopes up. Sure we'll look much better next year (with Hill and Blair improved, RJ and McDyess more familiar, and hopefully BMB trio gone) but I'll have to wait to see what the front office does.

I thought RJ was the answer so I wont get excited about a FA signing, trade until i see how this team plays. It's hard to compete for a title these days because every team is on the rise while this team is slowly falling.

jason1301
05-11-2010, 06:44 AM
No one call tell the future, but I like where we stand at right now. Houston will have Yao back and OKC/Blazers are on the rise, but Lakers, Suns and maybe Dallas wont be as good.

Like Manu said, this year we weren't a championship caliber team, but I am hopeful next year it will be a different story. I just don't see how we can play any worse.

TJastal
05-11-2010, 07:25 AM
No one call tell the future, but I like where we stand at right now. Houston will have Yao back and OKC/Blazers are on the rise, but Lakers, Suns and maybe Dallas wont be as good.

Like Manu said, this year we weren't a championship caliber team, but I am hopeful next year it will be a different story. I just don't see how we can play any worse.

It won't be any worse. Upon reading your wisdom I have renewed faith in the team.

With Splitter logging 14/10 without breaking hardly a sweat and Bogans knocking down those 3's and Raja Bell suffocating all the Kobes' and Lebrons' we'll be in the driver's seat for sure.

Agloco
05-11-2010, 09:15 AM
I have my fingers crossed that;

TP will return to 2008-09 form
RJ will have much better 2nd year
Blair will improve just like G Hill did. Especially if he develops that mid-range shot.
TD and Manu will not play that much worse that they did this year.
Splitter will sign
Our draft pick will be a solid one

too many ifs? I don't think so!!! After-all this is the lowest we have ever drafted since Timmy!!!!

You wouldn't entertain a trade for Parker even if it improved the team?

So your hopes rest with the improvement of RJ and Blair, bringing Splitter over and getting a draft pick who can contribute meaningfully in the rotation during his first year. Oh yeah, and TP finding his mojo again.....

:tu Aye aye Cap.

NFGIII
05-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Any year that we don't win it I would consider an "odd" year.

Chomag
05-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Sorry but no matter how much RJ knows the system he just is not a winner, an dI don't think practice could ever fix that. He is what he is and that is mentally soft , and thats something that I think he can not improve on. The RJ we have now is the RJ was have until the end.

He is all talent but no heart of a champion, so sad realy.

afireinside20
05-11-2010, 03:15 PM
So....... the last season before was an odd year and we didn't win shit. Gosh cmon guys, now were banking our hopes for next year on it being an odd year? Cmon Spurs fans, wer'e better than this! The Spurs just lost because they didn't have a good enough team. It was just Duncan, Parker, Ginobili some disappointments and a bunch of scrubs. All we need for next year is a more talented bench, and players that will perform in the playoffs and stop playing like pussies.

:flag: We'll Be Back!!!!!!!