View Full Version : Spurs, Heat and Suns

Jimcs50
05-10-2005, 10:36 AM
All have 5 game winning streaks.

Which team will be first to blink?

I say Suns.

boutons
05-10-2005, 10:39 AM
me, too. I think the Mavs will bounce back and split @PHX.

Ishta
05-10-2005, 01:27 PM
The Suns will crack first! Miami second...

Jimcs50
05-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Miami and SA are still going, 6 straight and counting.

Phoenix is next up.

Can they get to 6 straight too?

I say no.

ZStomp
05-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Phx will win tonight...Stoudamire is on fire!

Jimcs50
05-11-2005, 08:07 AM

Yeah, but Dallas has Dampier, the 2nd best center in the NBA.

NoMoneyDown
05-11-2005, 08:09 AM
After Miami's eek out win at home vs. Washington, if one of the other teams doesn't lose tonight, Miami could be the first one with a loss.

Jimcs50
05-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Now aren't we glad that the NVE and Dampier trade was fictitious? :)

boutons
05-11-2005, 08:14 AM
I was rooting for the Mavs to knock Suns on their butts for at least one game, but the Mavs sound tired and depressed, no chemistry, STILL no interior bigs.

If the Mavs don't bounce back and look aggressive tonight, they could be in for a sweep.

Mavs beat Suns twice this season by outscoring the Suns, not by stopping them. If the Mavs can't get their scoring up, they're out in 4.

Where are the swaggering, fearsome, run-up-the-score Mavs who blew out the Rockets in Game7 and Spurs @DAL ?

Avery is a character, but the Mavs have no character.

And somebody tell Cuban that bangs down to the eyes can be "cute" on a boy only up to about 6 or 7 years old. :lol

Flea
05-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Phoenix will be the 1st to crack. I think the Mavs will bounce back but I am not staying up to watch. I HAVE to get some sleep. These late games are killing me.

spur219
05-11-2005, 08:50 AM
I would have to say the Suns. The Mavs will win games 3 and 4 because the Suns will get fatigue due to their style of play and not having a bench. Dallas has a deeper team which means they will have fresher legs. The Heat will sweep the Wizards and the Spurs will either sweep or win in 5.

ForeignFan
05-12-2005, 05:36 AM
Congratulations to Jimcs50, Boutons, Ishta, ZStomps, Flea, Spur219 ... Wow, basically you all got it right !

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Congratulations to Jimcs50, Boutons, Ishta, ZStomps, Flea, Spur219 ... Wow, basically you all got it right !

Thanks ForeignFan :) :elephant

I did not have to pat myself on the back for a change.

:lol

Great game last night. Every time Dallas would get out front, I would be nervous because the would do something stupid like take quick shots or make bone head passes, and Phoenix would come cak. When Phoenix got that lead again on that Nash jumper at the 4 min mark, I thought Dallas would fold...but Terry came to life hitting a couple of jumpers and Dallas never looked back.

This series is going deep my friends.

Props to AJ for making the changes and going "small" early in the game. He showed Phoexix that Dallas can play their game. Losing Joe Johnson was bad for Phoenix, although Stacj got screwed on that call...it was clean all the way....refs missed a call again. :rolleyes

boutons
05-12-2005, 08:06 AM
The Dirk-Erick face-off played out well. Dirk was right to say something, he just said it in the wrong place. Erick responded. Now let's see if Erick can keep it up or go back to his old self.

mouse
05-12-2005, 08:09 AM

I take it you didn't read ZStomps post :lmao

ZStomp

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Yeah Mouse...ZStomp does not deserve props in this thread.

I vote to kick him off the Island.

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 08:23 AM
If Joe does not return in game 3, Phoenix will be worn out as they are only 6 deep w/o him. Jim Jackson can not continue to play 35 mins a game and be effective either...he is getting too old for that crap.

Barbosa is showing nothing, he is a huge disappointment in playoffs

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Who gets to 7 straight games?

Miami or San Antonio?

The good news is the road teams have finally broken through in round 2 as Indy and Dallas won last night.

SA and Miami can take heart and follow suit tonight.

Remember last year's game 3 at LA where they never showed any life at all? SA virtually threw away all the momentum they had by not even trying in that game, thinking that the series was over....that backfired and LA got new life, new confidence and won the last 4 games of that series.

Pop needs to remind them of that game 3 blowout and tell the team that they need to bury this team tonight and not allow any hint of hope into the Sonic's psyche.

Will the Spurs learn from history?

I say yes.

Spurs will win.

Miami will lose tonight.

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Wow, how quickly a series can change. Now Mavs are favorites to win.

This is why the Spurs need to win tonight... we can't let the Sonics get any momentum at all.

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Wow, how quickly a series can change. Now Mavs are favorites to win.

This is why the Spurs need to win tonight... we can't let the Sonics get any momentum at all.

Especially give Johnson's injury, this series has taken on a whole new dimension.

Maybe this is Dallas' year.

boutons
05-12-2005, 11:49 AM
"Maybe this is Dallas' year"

.. to lose WCF to the Spurs ... again.

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 02:12 PM
"Maybe this is Dallas' year"

.. to lose WCF to the Spurs ... again.

No, I mean their year.

They seem to be getting all the breaks at the right time.

In first series, the whole JVG ref flap and the 100K fine distracted the team at the worst time....it cost them the momentum that the Rockets had going and turned the series in the Mavs favor.

Now, Joe Johnson, the guy on the team that is a top 5 player in minutes played in the NBA this year, the one guy who can actauuly play defense, the only guy who can actually create his own shot is out for maye the next few games.

As I said, Dallas seems to be catching every break.....

And that could mean that it is fate that they break through this year.

Ishta
05-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Dallas can beat Phoenix,but Dallas can not beat us.This is the year of the SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Dallas can beat Phoenix,but Dallas can not beat us.This is the year of the SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL

Remains to be seen.

T Park
05-12-2005, 05:31 PM
your an idiot.

Dex
05-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Grammar alert.

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 08:22 PM
your an idiot.

WTF is your(correct spelling TPark)) problem???

What exactly did I say that makes me an idiot????

Again, if you don't start getting some anger management therapy, you will never get laid again.

:rolleyes

unnosy
05-13-2005, 05:14 AM
and to think the spurs had to follow in the way of the suns and lose their game.