Bruno
05-11-2010, 08:56 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_chris_bosh.jpg
Born: Mar 24, 1984
Height: 6-10 / 2.08
Weight: 230 lbs. / 104.3 kg.
College: Georgia Tech
Years Pro: 6

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_bosh/career_stats.html)

$17.1M PO

FeZZy
05-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Sign-and-Trade for Jefferson, Tiago's rights and 1st rounder should do the trick

FeZZy
05-11-2010, 07:34 PM
If that's all it takes then I am all for it. More than likely the Spurs will likely have to throw in Parker and take on Hedo's contract. Then maybe the Spurs can make a case to switch first round picks.

So would you do it for Parker?

Mr. Body
05-11-2010, 07:48 PM
I might trade Parker for Bosh. Don't think Toronto does, though.

SpursTillTheEnd
05-11-2010, 09:30 PM
No not if it involves hedo, hedo sucks

SenorSpur
05-11-2010, 09:42 PM
If Toronto wanted Parker THAT would be a deal-breaker for me. However, the scenario that FeZZy originally proposed would be good. Even if the Spurs CAN do this, My concern would still be the absence of a youngm athletic, SF. They NEED to target one in this draft. Therefore, if they're going to offer up a 1st round pick, as part of a Bosh package, it should be for 2012.

coyotes_geek
05-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Love Tony, but point guards are easier to find than bigs. If Parker gets Bosh, I pull the trigger.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Raptors can get a much better deal than the Spurs can give them..they will receive picks and assets for giving up Bosh, even while adding Turkoglu's contract IMO..

coyotes_geek
05-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Raptors can get a much better deal than the Spurs can give them..they will receive picks and assets for giving up Bosh, even while adding Turkoglu's contract IMO..

Depends where Bosh wants to go. Toronto only has leverage in an S&T deal if Bosh decides he wants to play for a team over the salary cap. Potentially Toronto may not be able to get anything more than a 2nd round draft pick and a fat trade exception.

SpursTillTheEnd
05-12-2010, 12:00 AM
@Phila damn thats some interesting stuff, who would be the other players rights, so that means hedo wouldn't be on the spurs be we would get derozan? if that's the case we need to do that

FeZZy
05-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Well here is my thinking: in order to get Bosh in a sign and trade the recieving team needs to A) give Toronto a good player in return (that's where TP comes in) and B) most likely take on Hedo and his contract. With that said the Spurs would have to throw in Jefferson. I think this is a wash trade, so now the Spurs need to do something else because Hedo has a 15% trade kicker. So it is likely the Spurs will have to throw in Antonio McDyess to make things workout. I don't have the numbers in front of me, and I am on my phone but let me break it down.

Bosh+filler?? For RJ and Splitter (+maybe a first rounder?)= in
the spurs favor. Bosh can step in and become the franchise player and make RJ's big contract of some use. Tiago won't be as good as Bosh, RJ is getting older and more expensive. Bosh is young and wants to win.

Now the above trade is not likely in my opinion because Hedo's contract really screws over that salary cap space Toronto wants, so I think Hedo is the key. Maybe get a third team in or take Hedo in order to get Bosh. This is where thongs get interesting. A Bosh/Hedo for TP/RJ actually seems to be in favor of Toronto. So the Spurs might have to swap first round picks (20 for 13) and maybe make a push for Demar DeRozan and if Demar is included I can see the Spurs giving up both Splitter and another players rights. Then they'll go after maybe Scola for the MLE.

This.

EricB
05-12-2010, 12:20 AM
I'd put the percentages at Bosh playing in SA at about 0.0000001%

EricB
05-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Theres no way in HELL the Spurs take on Hedo's contract...

kobyz
05-12-2010, 03:23 AM
it have to involve a third team for a deal to make sense, cause if Toronto will take Parker they need a team to take Calderon, they will not keep Calderon and his big long contract when they have Parker, the Spurs can't take Calderon cause the selaries won't work.
meybe this:
Spurs: Bosh, Hedo, T.J. Ford
Raptors: Parker, McDyess, Dunleavy
Pacers: Calderon, Jefferson

Bruno
05-12-2010, 04:11 AM
Spurs could offer very attractive packages to Raptors if they want Bosh IMO, the two packages that makes the most senses are:
- Jefferson + McDyess + Splitter for Turkoglu + Bosh
- Parker + McDyess + Splitter for Calderon + Bosh

Some fillers (Hairston, Jerrells, Gee or Temple) should be added to match salaries but both trade works salary wise. Spurs can also add a future first round pick if it isn't enough.

However, there are two big question marks.
First, are Spurs ready to take that much salaries?
Second, does Bosh want to play in SA?

venitian navigator
05-12-2010, 05:26 AM
I see difficult that the spurs take Hedo contract.
I don't see a lot of offers coming from different teams better than RJ + Splitter's rights.
For example, it's debatable that Deng is a better package than RJ + Splitter's rights (if Splitter decide to come in NBA)...Deng has been injury prone for years and so is considered a a very "risky" player with a "large" contract.
Calderon is the kind of play maker that RJ needs for maximize his qualities, so I don't see him traded is some package for RJ (in fact Bruno made his two trade proposals considering that in both the due of Calderon + RJ plays together).

Splitter has been one of the best, if not the best, European center for the last two years...his value, imho, is very high in a market with no good centers available.
For the Raptors, on paper, he is and ideal complement (sure better than Bosh) for both their real Power Forwards (Bargnani and Turk).

However, hope spurs learned from the consequences of the Scola trade...never, ever, undervalue your trade assets. Splitter is not a project anymore...ha was 6 years ago, when he was projected to be a lottery pick. Now he's a still young player that has already exceded expectations with his european playing. he could be a top ten center in nba already in his first year in the league, and maybe higher (considering Shaq and Ilga are one year older and Ming comes from a bad injury).

EricB
05-12-2010, 06:17 AM
I just don't think Bosh is all that great to giving up all those players for him...

Brox6
05-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Asking too much...very risky for the Spurs

DBMethos
05-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Would Bosh even want to come to SA? Sure it's in Texas, but I doubt he'd buy into Pop's defensive philosophy (if indeed there still is one). Dallas or Houston seem like a much better fit for him.

DBMethos
05-12-2010, 09:43 AM
My mistake then, since I haven't watched Bosh much I went on public perception. Good to see that he does actually play some D. :toast

scottspurs
05-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Bosh is talking a big game about not wanting to play second fiddle. He will not join Tim Duncan young or old if that's the case.

yavozerb
05-14-2010, 10:53 AM
The Spurs wanted Bosh as their 2010 player, making him their number 1 option. So Bosh as the franchise player with the second and third options being Manu and Duncan. That's pretty good I'd say.

One can dream of a frontcourt of TD,Bosh,Splitter,Blair,Mcdyess..Hell why not start Bosh at the 3, TD at the 4, and Splitter at the 5.:lol

Mr Bones
05-14-2010, 02:34 PM
It would be nice, but I have to look at it from Bosh's perspective: he's a star entering his prime and is on the verge of signing the most lucrative contract of his career... does he go to an aging team like the Spurs, or does he go to a strong, emerging team where he can team up with another young star and hope to compete for championships for the next 6-7 years? I don't know what his loyalties to his home state of Texas are, or if that's a consideration, but going to the Spurs doesn't seem like it'd necessarily be the best long term decision for him. Teaming up with D Wade, LeBron, or Durant.... well, that's what I'd do in his position.

beachwood
05-14-2010, 04:57 PM
It would be nice, but I have to look at it from Bosh's perspective: he's a star entering his prime and is on the verge of signing the most lucrative contract of his career... does he go to an aging team like the Spurs, or does he go to a strong, emerging team where he can team up with another young star and hope to compete for championships for the next 6-7 years? I don't know what his loyalties to his home state of Texas are, or if that's a consideration, but going to the Spurs doesn't seem like it'd necessarily be the best long term decision for him. Teaming up with D Wade, LeBron, or Durant.... well, that's what I'd do in his position.

Bosh would always be 2nd fiddle if he teams up with Wade, LBJ or Durant. If he comes to SA, I believe he'd be our #1 guy if not in year 1 then definitely year 2.

HarlemHeat37
05-15-2010, 04:26 AM
Bosh is a decent defender, I wouldn't call him good by any means..I don't think he has the mentality to ever be a standout defender..

Coming from somebody that has lived in TO for a little less than half my life and still follows them closely, I've soured on Bosh..he's a very good player, top 15 and would be a great #2 guy, but he's mentally weak and overly sensitive..I can't remember seeing a star react like he does..constantly complaining about fan reactions in the arena, complaining about not getting enough media attention, complaining about criticism he has received..he does it so often, most fans in TO have become annoyed by him..he's a gaping pussy..

lurker23
05-15-2010, 07:34 AM
If the Spurs had kept plans to have 2010 cap space, then I think Bosh probably would have been their #1 target (after the default #1, LeBron, of course). However, it's doubtful that they could have done it in such a way that they could get a max free agent plus Manu, so the point probably would have been moot anyway.

With the Spurs 99.9999999% out of the mix, I think Bosh ends up in OKC. Bosh and/or the Thunder may view things differently, but I view that as basically a match made in heaven. The main thing the Thunder lacks is good big men. In OKC, Bosh can get his money without having to be the top dog, gets to play with a lot of guys near his age, and isn't that far from Texas.

lurker23
05-21-2010, 04:07 PM
If the Spurs had kept plans to have 2010 cap space, then I think Bosh probably would have been their #1 target (after the default #1, LeBron, of course). However, it's doubtful that they could have done it in such a way that they could get a max free agent plus Manu, so the point probably would have been moot anyway.

With the Spurs 99.9999999% out of the mix, I think Bosh ends up in OKC. Bosh and/or the Thunder may view things differently, but I view that as basically a match made in heaven. The main thing the Thunder lacks is good big men. In OKC, Bosh can get his money without having to be the top dog, gets to play with a lot of guys near his age, and isn't that far from Texas.

Sweet, my theory is crashing and burning well before July 1st. :lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043

Sources: Bosh gives Raptors wish list

CHICAGO -- Chris Bosh's agent has told the Toronto Raptors that he's narrowed his list of preferred teams to five, two sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford at the NBA draft camp.

The list of five teams -- Toronto plus the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks, sources said -- were given to Toronto management in case the Raptors want to construct a sign-and-trade deal (assuming he doesn't re-sign with Toronto).

Bosh likes that option, sources told Ford, because he'd get one more year on his contract and could make more money.

Sources said the Raptors prefer a sign-and-trade if Bosh is intent on leaving as well. They likely would want a big man to replace the 6-10, 230-pound Bosh in the lineup.

One source said Bosh's decision hinges on where LeBron James signs.

"If LeBron decides to go to either New York or Chicago, I think that's where you'll see Chris land," the source told Ford. "If LeBron stays in Cleveland, I think the process is more wide open."

Bosh, 26, is an unrestricted free agent. He averaged 24 points per game last season and has averaged 20.2 points per game for his career.

---

As a side note, from Chad Ford's twitter account:

"Note on Bosh: Rockets, Mavs, Spurs and Thunder were not on the list his agent gave the Raptors ..."

http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

coyotes_geek
05-22-2010, 07:21 AM
The more I think about it the more I think Brand and the 2nd pick for RJ is more likely than Bosh.

No way in hell Philly wastes the #2 pick in the draft like that. If the Spurs want to do Brand for RJ without the #2, Philly might be interested. But teams don't give away top 3 draft picks like that.

DPG21920
05-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Philly would have to give up the number 2 just to have a shot at unloading Brand. Even then, I don't think teams do it.

ChuckD
05-22-2010, 10:07 AM
No way in hell Philly wastes the #2 pick in the draft like that.

You do know how much Brand is owed AFTER next year, right? The Spurs would essentially be paying $35M for that pick, taking it directly off Philly's books. That's not a giveaway.

Brand is a horrible fit in Philly, much worse than RJ is here, and they owe him a shit pot of money. He's also got some health red flags, only playing 37 games in the 07-08 and 08-09 seasons, combined. Brand would do better in our slower system, and RJ would do better in Philly's go go system.

If the Spurs want to do Brand for RJ without the #2, Philly might be interested. But teams don't give away top 3 draft picks like that.
The Spurs wouldn't be interested in that at all, and as I explained above, $35M <> giveaway.

coyotes_geek
05-22-2010, 11:58 AM
You do know how much Brand is owed AFTER next year, right? The Spurs would essentially be paying $35M for that pick, taking it directly off Philly's books. That's not a giveaway.

Brand is a horrible fit in Philly, much worse than RJ is here, and they owe him a shit pot of money. He's also got some health red flags, only playing 37 games in the 07-08 and 08-09 seasons, combined. Brand would do better in our slower system, and RJ would do better in Philly's go go system.

The Spurs wouldn't be interested in that at all, and as I explained above, $35M <> giveaway.

No argument that Philly wouldn't mind moving Brand, but they're not going to forfeit the #2 pick to do it. That's just stupid. Teams simply do not give away top 3 draft picks like that. Philly is going to keep that pick, draft someone they think can be the cornerstone of their franchise for a decade and worry about dumping Brand later.

ChuckD
05-22-2010, 12:40 PM
No argument that Philly wouldn't mind moving Brand, but they're not going to forfeit the #2 pick to do it. That's just stupid. Teams simply do not give away top 3 draft picks like that. Philly is going to keep that pick, draft someone they think can be the cornerstone of their franchise for a decade and worry about dumping Brand later.

You're falling into the classic trap of thinking that all decisions made by NBA franchises are basketball driven. They are, after all, businesses. You think someone is going to just come along and just White Knight Brand off their books? There is a high cost that will have to be paid for that, and maybe next year, they are sitting at pick #10 or pick #14, and no one wants Brand for that.

Philly is in trouble. They're sliding backwards, they really don't have a franchise guy, they don' have cap room, and they're not going to get better with anyone in this draft not named Wall. Iguodala is at best a weak #2 or strong #3 option on a good team. It wouldn't shock me to see them do a deal with the #2/Brand AND also do a straight salary dump of Iguodala to a spurned FA suitor this summer. Iggy's contract, in many ways, is more foul than Brand's. He's shown that his top end is to lead a team in the weak EC to an ignominous first round exit in the playoffs.

Another thing to consider is that the Spurs wouldn't even be bothering with talking to players in that range if they didn't have a willing party ready to cough up a pick. I haven't found a better mark than Philly.

lurker23
05-22-2010, 01:31 PM
coyotes_geek, did you see this story?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16106/sixers-shopping-no-2-pick

A number of teams have already looked into the availability of the Philadelphia 76ers' No. 2 pick in the June 24 draft.

The asking price? Several sources said they were told that the Sixers want their trade partner to take Elton Brand off their hands. Good luck with that. With Brand set to earn $51 million over the course of the next three years, he's virtually impossible to trade.

As much as teams like the Minnesota Timberwolves, for instance, love Evan Turner, I don't think they love him that much.

DPG21920
05-22-2010, 03:07 PM
I agree with C_G that they won't give up that type of young player just to dump Brand. But that is the only way they can do it.

coyotes_geek
05-22-2010, 03:38 PM
You're falling into the classic trap of thinking that all decisions made by NBA franchises are basketball driven. They are, after all, businesses. You think someone is going to just come along and just White Knight Brand off their books? There is a high cost that will have to be paid for that, and maybe next year, they are sitting at pick #10 or pick #14, and no one wants Brand for that.

I know it's a business so I'm not falling in to any trap. If anyone is falling into a trap it's you for thinking that you can simply connect a couple of dots and end up with the conclusion that the sixers would be willing to make a horribly lopsided trade in the Spurs favor. It is a business and wasting the #2 pick like that is horrible business.

Philly is in trouble. They're sliding backwards, they really don't have a franchise guy, they don' have cap room, and they're not going to get better with anyone in this draft not named Wall. Iguodala is at best a weak #2 or strong #3 option on a good team. It wouldn't shock me to see them do a deal with the #2/Brand AND also do a straight salary dump of Iguodala to a spurned FA suitor this summer. Iggy's contract, in many ways, is more foul than Brand's. He's shown that his top end is to lead a team in the weak EC to an ignominous first round exit in the playoffs.

No doubt Philly has problems. Giving away Brand and the #2 pick for Richard Jefferson and Iguodala in a straight salary dump do not solve them.

Another thing to consider is that the Spurs wouldn't even be bothering with talking to players in that range if they didn't have a willing party ready to cough up a pick. I haven't found a better mark than Philly.

Not true. Teams talk to a bunch of players. The Spurs talked to Blair last year even though everyone thought he was going to be drafted in the lottery. Talking to a guy doesn't mean there's a deal in place.

coyotes_geek, did you see this story?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16106/sixers-shopping-no-2-pick

A number of teams have already looked into the availability of the Philadelphia 76ers' No. 2 pick in the June 24 draft.

The asking price? Several sources said they were told that the Sixers want their trade partner to take Elton Brand off their hands. Good luck with that. With Brand set to earn $51 million over the course of the next three years, he's virtually impossible to trade.

As much as teams like the Minnesota Timberwolves, for instance, love Evan Turner, I don't think they love him that much.

Everyone is talking to everyone because that's what GM's do this time of year. Philly wanting to move Brand and teams calling Philly about that #2 pick doesn't mean that the Sixers are going to give away that pick for just Richard Jefferson. That being said, i'm 100% in favor of teams making bad deals in our favor, so if it happens I sure as hell won't be complaining.

Buddy Holly
05-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Bosh, Calderon and the number 13 pick for Tony, Jefferson and the number 20 pick.

Darkwaters
05-23-2010, 05:44 AM
Bosh, Calderon and the number 13 pick for Tony, Jefferson and the number 20 pick.

Thats actually a fairly realistic scenario that I've seen floating around. I think it would make decent sense for both teams. The Spurs get a big to build around (Bosh), a new starting PG and the pick that will secure Jefferson's replacement. The Raptors get something for Bosh, who would otherwise simply walk, and upgrade at PG while taking a downgrade in a draft that is still very deep and will still reward them with a quality pick even 7 slots lower.

admiralsnackbar
05-23-2010, 05:56 AM
Thats actually a fairly realistic scenario that I've seen floating around. I think it would make decent sense for both teams. The Spurs get a big to build around (Bosh), a new starting PG and the pick that will secure Jefferson's replacement. The Raptors get something for Bosh, who would otherwise simply walk, and upgrade at PG while taking a downgrade in a draft that is still very deep and will still reward them with a quality pick even 7 slots lower.

Trouble is Bosh would have to agree to a S&T, and he's already made his desired destinations known. We aren't on the list.