PDA

View Full Version : The kiss of death

jack sommerset
05-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Sen Specter might not make it to November. This new ad won't help. "I love Arlen Specter"

esGW6mIn8-4&feature=player_embedded

George Gervin's Afro
05-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Sen Specter might not make it to November. This new ad won't help. "I love Arlen Specter"

esGW6mIn8-4&feature=player_embedded

Obama's a liar..

jack sommerset
05-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Obama nails another one. Obama stayed away today but the 1000's of ads he ran for Specter was enough to kill another dem.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2010, 10:18 PM
"Dem". In any event, Obama did endorse him so its definitely a loss for him of sorts. That being said, Sestak is undeniably the better candidate for if the Dems want to hold onto this seat.

jack sommerset
05-18-2010, 10:23 PM
"Dem". In any event, Obama did endorse him so its definitely a loss for him of sorts. That being said, Sestak is undeniably the better candidate for if the Dems want to hold onto this seat.

Sorry, I should have said in this case, a clear cut favorite until Obama jumped on board.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2010, 10:25 PM
mmmk.

George Gervin's Afro
05-19-2010, 08:03 AM
Sorry, I should have said in this case, a clear cut favorite until Obama jumped on board.

so him switching parties had nothing to do with it jack? anything?

boutons_deux
05-19-2010, 08:22 AM
S.P.E.C.T.R.E. screwed himself.

doobs
05-19-2010, 09:01 AM

What are the statistics on that? I figured Specter would stand a better chance of defeating Toomey, but I don't know.

Will Specter run as an independent now? Would Sestak have run as an independent if Specter had won?

MannyIsGod
05-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Sestak has polled better against everyone than Specter. Specter fucked up by switching parties instead of doing what a few others like Christ have done which was just go independent.

I don't think he has a chance in hell at winning the seat as an independent.

doobs
05-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Sestak has polled better against everyone than Specter. Specter fucked up by switching parties instead of doing what a few others like Christ have done which was just go independent.

I don't think he has a chance in hell at winning the seat as an independent.

But might he screw Sestak if he runs as an independent, guaranteeing a Toomey victory?

The Democrats would presumably be best served having only one candidate in the race, but again, I have no idea what the polling shows in Pennsylvania. Maybe a Specter independent run hurts Toomey equally, or more?

xrayzebra
05-19-2010, 02:32 PM
He could always do as Critz, run as a pro-life, pro-gun, pro-drill baby drill candidate
on the Democratic ticket.......gotta love it. Democrat running on a Republican
platform.

MannyIsGod
05-19-2010, 03:23 PM
But might he screw Sestak if he runs as an independent, guaranteeing a Toomey victory?

The Democrats would presumably be best served having only one candidate in the race, but again, I have no idea what the polling shows in Pennsylvania. Maybe a Specter independent run hurts Toomey equally, or more?

He's gotta get the money to run though and where is he going to get it? He'll be drowned out by all the money both the GOP and the Democrats are about to throw at this state. I don't think he can make any sort of splash but I have nothing to back this up other than my personal opinion. I guess we'll see.

Wild Cobra
05-19-2010, 05:24 PM
S.P.E.C.T.R.E. screwed himself.
They just have to Get Smart.