PDA

View Full Version : A voice of sanity re Suns

Rummpd
05-10-2005, 12:35 PM
"It's likewise a tad early to get delusional about what the Suns are doing at the minute. Lovable as they are, they won't be favored against San Antonio in the conference finals if they can get there. They have to do a lot more than win five playoff games to be true title contenders."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005/dailydime

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-10-2005, 12:41 PM
That article is all about praising the Suns. Your quote is almost the disclaimer for the article.

I think if the Suns sweep Dallas as convincingly as they won game 1 that a lot of folks will be on the Suns bandwagon in a Spurs-Suns WCF.

MiNuS
05-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Last night all I saw was Nash not taking the lay-ups (where he should have) and feeding Amare.

I don't believe Nash will have that luxury vs the Spurs of penetrating and dishing to Amare for the easy dunk.

ESPN is very Pro East. they have the Heat winning teh hold shabang.
Miami-Pistons will alot more interesting than Spurs-Suns. At least Miami can play
a little defense.

MadDog73
05-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Suns vs Spurs would be an exciting series. As good as Spurs defense is, they can't block EVERYTHING.

I say Spurs in 6. But first, the Suns have to get through the Mavs...

SouthernFried
05-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Please God, let the Suns be the media's favored to win.

Amen.

Obstructed_View
05-10-2005, 01:43 PM
I'd love to see the Suns run right through Dallas and come chicken-dancing into the WCF with their confidence sky high.

MadDog73
05-10-2005, 01:44 PM
"The Suns are as thin as a sheet of parchment. After Jimmy Jackson ... well, there is no one after Jimmy Jackson. Dallas is deep like a canyon by comparison. It's their one big advantage. They have to press it, early and often."

If the MAVS are as deep as the Grand Canyon compared to the Suns, then what are the Spurs?

The Valles Marineris on Mars?
The Abyss?

kskonn
05-10-2005, 05:47 PM
"The Suns are as thin as a sheet of parchment. After Jimmy Jackson ... well, there is no one after Jimmy Jackson. Dallas is deep like a canyon by comparison. It's their one big advantage. They have to press it, early and often."

If the MAVS are as deep as the Grand Canyon compared to the Suns, then what are the Spurs?

The Valles Marineris on Mars?
The Abyss?

:lol :lol

xcoriate
05-10-2005, 06:38 PM
We've been over this Mavs are deeper than the Spurs

MadDog73
05-10-2005, 07:06 PM
We've been over this Mavs are deeper than the Spurs

??? How, exactly?

Keith van Horn is still injured, right? That cancels out Tony Massenburg who hasn't played for the Spurs.

Now, please explain how Henderson, Bradley, Harris and Armstrong compare to Beno, Robinson, Devin Brown and Rasho?

Yeah, I know, Devin is still injured. But an injured Devin is still playing better than a healthy Henderson! :lol

The_Game
05-10-2005, 07:32 PM
funny how you forget to mention jerry stackhouse

a 15PPG scorer off the bench.

Rummpd
05-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Uh we got a guy named Manu off bench now = better than Stackhouse!