View Full Version : As of the past 2 months... Pau > Dirk

milkshakeballa
05-11-2010, 04:07 PM
As of the past 2 months

Pau has been the BEST big man in the NBA

Who here agrees?

21_Blessings
05-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Well Pau is a NBA champion. Something Dirk will never be.

Ghazi
Dwight Howard says hi.

Dirk is better than Pau. It's just easy to make the opposite claim since Pau has better teammates (actually tbh Odom/Glassnum haven't done much in the playoffs, but Kobe is a top 10 player whereas the Mavs have maybe fringe top 10 at their own position players complimenting Dirk) and thus is still in the playoffs.

Dirk was a beast in the playoffs.

Ghazi
weak stuff as always from 21 blessings :tu

21_Blessings
05-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Beast in the playoffs = 1st round exit to the lowly 7 seed that was swept in the next round?

:lmao

Ghazi
05-11-2010, 04:20 PM
27/8/3 on 54% shooting. Beast.

Not his fault his teammates and coach let him down.

But of course you'll say the roster is stacked because of nice names like Marion/Kidd/Butler.

lmao weak smack.

21_Blessings
05-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Jumpshooting big with no post game or defense. Your franchise isn't winning SHIT with that guy as the number 1.

Man About Town
05-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Dirk is better than Pau, but not by much. Dirk made a Finals as a #1 guy. Pau couldn't win a game. Dirk kicked his teeth in the one time they met in the playoffs.

Cane
05-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Pau is second only to a smart Dwight Howard when it comes to NBA bigs imo.

Pau is the most complete 7 footer around and lets LA play the way championship basketball is meant to be played: the inside-out game.

He's damn good at both the offensive and the defensive end. That championship really put Gasol on another level since it boosted a longtime weakness of his - his confidence.

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Pau is second only to a smart Dwight Howard when it comes to NBA bigs imo.

Pau is the most complete 7 footer around and lets LA play the way championship basketball is meant to be played: the inside-out game.

He's damn good at both the offensive and the defensive end. That championship really put Gasol on another level.

Since when?

Oh I forgot, its' Cane. Nevermind.

Cane
05-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Bosh and Dirk won't get you as many rebounds or a defensive presence downlow. Bosh and Dirk are guys that will get exploited when they try to defend moreso than Gasol. Pau became great after winning the championship and plays the way bigs are supposed to.

Ghazi
05-11-2010, 04:30 PM
This is just a case of a really good player becoming a little overrated when they play next to another great player (kobe). Hell some dumbasses get tricked into thinking Andrew "Diop 2.0" Bynum is a good center since he gets to play next to Kobe and Pau.

DAF86
05-11-2010, 04:31 PM
27/8/3 on 54% shooting. Beast.

Pau: 20.2 pts, 13.3 rbds, 3.3 stls, 1.9 blks on 56% shooting. Beaster.

Pau is every bit as good as Dirk, and IMO even better. But I know you don't find this shocking from me. :lol

DAF86
05-11-2010, 04:32 PM
What a stupid thread!!!!!!!

How good would the Lakers be if the had Dirk instead of the Ostrich?

They would be worse. I know for sure that they can't be better.

The Gemini Method
05-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Though I prefer Pau's performance this playoff season, I wonder if Dirk on the Lakers would equate to Bynum being more productive. I mean, you would have Dirk as the perimeter big man...

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Bosh and Dirk won't get you as many rebounds or a defensive presence downlow. Bosh and Dirk are guys that will get exploited when they try to defend moreso than Gasol. Pau became great after winning the championship and plays the way bigs are supposed to.

So you're saying a championship makes a player's abilities increase? Great take :tu

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 04:34 PM
They would be worse. I know for sure that they can't be better.

Link?

DAF86
05-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Since when?

Oh I forgot, its' Cane. Nevermind.

Have you been watching the Lakers series? Gasol is making Boozer his bitch. Every player that averages 2 blks and 13 rbds per game (during a long period of time) is always gonna be a good defender.

The Gemini Method
05-11-2010, 04:37 PM
your kidding right? You think if Pau was on Dallas he would be scoring 27 points per game against the Spurs? Duncan can guard him straight up and he is so soft it isn't even funny.

The great Gasol without Kobe couldn't win 1 playoff game before came to LA.

Very true. This is why these comparisons don't work for me. They're all speculative because you have variables like coaching style and chemistry to take into consideration. Perhaps Gasol is in the system that brings out the best of his abilities.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Gasol has been the best player on the best team in the West in the playoffs, there isn't really an argument too..he leads the Lakers in all the advanced stats, rebounding and efficiency as well..

I don't know if I would take him over Dirk, but it's close..as of right now, Gasol has definitely been better, but it could just be an amazingly hot stretch..

Gasol's pre-Lakers career has nothing to do with Gasol now..he's currently in his prime, and people shouldn't judge him for being unable to win playoff games with Mike Miller and/or James Posey as his 2nd best player..2 guys that are better suited to be 5th options on a title team, Posey probably worse than that..

DAF86
05-11-2010, 04:38 PM
your kidding right? You think if Pau was on Dallas he would be scoring 27 points per game against the Spurs? Duncan can guard him straight up and he is so soft it isn't even funny.

The great Gasol without Kobe couldn't win 1 playoff game before came to LA.

Why did you change the subject? You said that if you swap Dirk with Gasol the Lakers would be better, and I don't think they would.

DAF86
05-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Link?

http://www.nba.com/finals2009/

Ghazi
05-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Maybe the Lakers wouldn't be better with Dirk instead of Pau, but the Mavs wouldn't be better with Pau instead of Dirk, either.

Dirk's absolute prime years it isn't even a conversation...

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Have you been watching the Lakers series? Gasol is making Boozer his bitch. Every player that averages 2 blks and 13 rbds per game (during a long period of time) is always gonna be a good defender.

Making Boozer look like a sissy cuck is some worldly accomplishment? Since when?

DAF86
05-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Making Boozer look like a sissy cuck is some worldly accomplishment? Since when?

Whatever man, Pau is a good defensive player. He may be the most important defensive player on the Lakers.

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.nba.com/finals2009/

lol reaching

DAF86
05-11-2010, 04:48 PM

lol reaching

sonic21
05-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Only a homer would choose Pau.

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Whatever man, Pau is a good defensive player.

No he's not.

He may be the most important defensive player on the Lakers.

No he's not.

Dominating the badass front lines of OKC and Utah with injuries easily impresses you, huh?

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Dominating Boozer impresses me!

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 04:52 PM
your kidding right? Did you forget about Artest? I didn't know Pau was guarding Durant?

Kobe is also a better defender too. He took on Westbrook.

It's obvious that when Jackson decided to put Gasol on Westbrook is the moment the series turned in the Lakers' favor.

Ghazi
05-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Of course the Lakers would be better with Dirk. Dirk is a former MVP and can definitely carry the Lakers. It's not his fault that his teammates never show up.

How would any team be able to cover Dirk and Kobe if they were on the same team?

Dirk is impossible to cover 1 on 1 and so is Kobe, put them together and either one is going to have open looks all day long.

Who are they going to double off Dirk or Kobe? You can't really single cover either one of them for an entire game.

Pau fits the Lakers like a glove, though. Good passing skills, low post game, and ability to play center.

Dirk in place of Pau on the Lakers would give a different look and style to the team and you would have to wonder how it would turn out. I'd say it'd result in more reliance on Glassnum's bum ass, which could turn out to be a bad thing. That being said they'd still be a top 3 team in the NBA, but not much worse or better than they currently are.

Gasol is better able to play center than Dirk. and that's his crunch time position.

z0sa
05-11-2010, 04:53 PM
It's obvious that when Jackson decided to put Gasol on Westbrook is the moment the series turned in the Lakers' favor.

You don't ever make any funny original jokes.

DAF86
05-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Of course the Lakers would be better with Dirk. Dirk is a former MVP and can definitely carry the Lakers. It's not his fault that his teammates never show up.

How would any team be able to cover Dirk and Kobe if they were on the same team?

Dirk is impossible to cover 1 on 1 and so is Kobe, put them together and either one is going to have open looks all day long.

Who are they going to double off Dirk or Kobe? You can't really single cover either one of them for an entire game.

Kobe and Dirk: jump shooting players.

Gasol: low post presence.

Gasol complements Kobe's game a lot more than what Dirk would be able to do.

Also, the triangle offense works better when the post up player is a good passer. Pau is an awsome bigman passer, Dirk isn't.

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 04:55 PM
You don't ever make any funny original jokes.

Why have you been in the NBA forum so much lately? Are you tired of getting rusty piped in the geek zone and club?

z0sa
05-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Why have you been in the NBA forum so much lately? Are you tired of getting rusty piped in the geek zone and club?

Another unoriginal stab at being funny.

Why do you try so hard?

z0sa
05-11-2010, 04:57 PM
btw, where'd you go when the spurs were rusty piping your mavs?

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Another unoriginal stab at being funny.

Why do you try so hard?

Another unoriginal straw man argument.

Why do you try so hard?

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 04:58 PM
btw, where'd you go when the spurs were rusty piping your mavs?

My posts didn't decline during the series, straw man. But thanks for the concern :tu

z0sa
05-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Another unoriginal straw man argument.

:lol I haven't argued anything in this thread.

z0sa
05-11-2010, 04:59 PM
My posts didn't decline during the series, straw man. But thanks for the concern :tu

Yes, they did. But you can lie about it to save face.

DAF86
05-11-2010, 05:00 PM
In the triangle it doesn't matter. Kobe, Odom and Artest can all go into the post.

None of them would be as effective as Gasol.

Dirk gives the Lakers opponents a lot more match up problems because he can spread the floor.

So you are telling me that Dirk would make the Lakers better by just beign a spot up shooter?

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Yes, they did. But you can lie about it to save face.

Since you're so interested in the subject, why don't you research it?

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Gasol has BY FAR the highest PER on the Lakers..by far the highest offensive rating..statistically, he's been the best defender on the Lakers with Odom..by far the highest Win Shares and Wins Produced on the team..by far the best rebounding on the team, and only 1 block behind Bynum..by far the best efficiency..

These are his playoff stats..this is being ignored due to the perception that Gasol is some kind of sidekick to Kobe..the media feeds the perception that Gasol is soft and is Robin to Kobe..this isn't just 1 stat, this is a bunch of stats that show Gasol's dominance so far in the playoffs..all of this while shutting down Utah's 2nd best player, an All-Star PF in Carlos Boozer..

Being the best player in the playoffs so far on the #1 team in the West deserves a lot of hype..

z0sa
05-11-2010, 05:03 PM

:lol you're even more terrible at insulting people.

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 05:04 PM
:lol you're even more terrible at insulting people.

:lol avoiding the question

:lol this coming from the guy who's go to line in an argument is something along the lines of calling the poster a fat rich jewish faggot

IronMexican
05-11-2010, 05:05 PM
dirk quit in Madden when I was up 28-14. What a pussy and unoriginal.

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 05:07 PM
dirk quit in Madden when I was up 28-14. What a pussy and unoriginal.

ironmexican: "I'm going to visit my crackhead uncle who just got out of prison and then jack off to 14 year old girls. Accept the friendly quit."

IronMexican
05-11-2010, 05:09 PM
ironmexican: "I'm going to visit my crackhead uncle who just got out of prison

It was my cousin brah. And it was jail. You were crying about how the game isn't fun anymore. I was like, fine, I'll do the friendly quit.

z0sa
05-11-2010, 05:09 PM
:lol avoiding the question

:lol I'm not avoiding the question at all. I simply won't ever answer it, or any other question you ask, unless I feel like doing so.

That said, I never feel like answering retarded questions, and your question is definitely lacking in intelligence.

:lol this coming from the guy who's go to line in an argument is something along the lines of calling the poster a fat rich jewish faggot

Please provide links (plural) to the time I have called posters a fat rich jewish faggot.

After you have done so, I will provide links where you called posters racial slurs.

We'll let the whole forum judge who uses racial/physical/national slurs as a goto line.

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 05:11 PM
:lol I'm not avoiding the question at all. I simply won't ever answer it, or any other question you ask, unless I feel like doing so.

That said, I never feel like answering retarded questions, and your question is definitely lacking in intelligence.

Please provide links (plural) to the time I have called posters a fat rich jewish faggot.

After you have done so, I will provide links where you called posters racial slurs.

We'll let the whole forum judge who uses racial slurs as a goto line more.

Nice cop out.

z0sa
05-11-2010, 05:12 PM

We'll let the whole forum judge who uses racial slurs as a goto line.

IronMexican
05-11-2010, 05:13 PM
I agree with zosa

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 05:13 PM

We'll let the whole forum judge who uses racial slurs as a goto line.

Nice cop out.

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I openly admit to masturbating to 14 year old girls.

z0sa
05-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Nice cop out.

:lol from not answering this question, right?

Because I don't really care that you're a bitchmade mavsfan who talks shit all season then runs and hides when his team is getting its ass busted.

I'll be waiting on those links.

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 05:16 PM
:lol from not answering this question, right?

Because I don't really care that you're a bitchmade mavsfan who talks shit all season then runs and hides when his team is getting its ass busted.

I'll be waiting on those links.

:lol I'm not avoiding this request. I simply won't answer to it, or any other request you may have, unless I feel like doing so.

That said, I never feel like answering to retarded requests, and your request is definitely lacking in intelligence.

z0sa
05-11-2010, 05:17 PM
:lol I'm not avoiding this request. I simply won't answer to it, or any other request you may have, unless I feel like doing so.

That said, I never feel like answering to retarded requests, and your request is definitely lacking in intelligence.

Nice cop out.

dirk4mvp
05-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Nice cop out.

:lol from not answering the original question, right?

badfish22
Lmcroflo daf

DUNCANownsKOBE2
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4283712&postcount=180

For all the racial slurs Dirk uses he never criticizes people for doing the same thing.

DAF86
05-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Lmcroflo daf

lol obsessed

Ghazi
05-11-2010, 05:22 PM
sup rich kike homeaux?

badfish22
05-11-2010, 05:24 PM
:lmao im the one obsessed? Every Dirk thread you can be sure to find daf making retarded anti-dirk arguments and every manu thread you'll be sure to see him sucking some ginobli cock.

IronMexican
05-11-2010, 05:26 PM
hop off, badfish. Seriously.

Greg Oden
05-11-2010, 05:26 PM
:lmao im the one obsessed? Every Dirk thread you can be sure to find daf making retarded anti-dirk arguments and every manu thread you'll be sure to see him sucking some ginobli cock.

lol yep. It's no surprise hes' always the poster spear heading the Dirk vs. Player X arguments.

z0sa
05-11-2010, 05:30 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4283712&postcount=180

For all the racial slurs Dirk uses he never criticizes people for doing the same thing.

rofl

you and the mavkrew calls everyone who disagrees with them beaners and faggots and fatasses, yet someone makes a clear-cut joke as a point to you and you say I can no longer criticize it.

maybe yall shouldnt have thousands of posts calling normal people fatasses and beaners because ... who even knows why. Your life sucks I guess.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148298

Here is the entire thread, start at page 7 or so and anyone will see that I am making a point to DoK with the insults.

Please provide more links, dirk4mvp.

picc84
05-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Phx Suns 2010 playoffs

Jason Richardson: PER, 25.2; Winshares, 1.9
Steve Nash: PER, 20.2; Winshares, 1.2

DAF86
05-11-2010, 08:00 PM

I'm not the only one making a case for Pau on this thread but the only one you named was me. Hell, I didn't even start this thread, nor 99% of all the other Dirk vs player "X" threads, I just gave my opinion (which you can agree with or not, but you can't say that I'm not consistent). And tbh I argue a lot more about Popovich coaching, Kobe or Lebron than about Dirk. You just pay more attention when I talk about your team's best player.

When you see my name in the "last post" feature in the forum index you can't avoid to click that thread, can't you?