PDA

View Full Version : Hollinger picks suns against lakers

SinBAD
05-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Hollinger has been right on from the beginning.he said spurs would beat mavs and they did, he said they would lose to the suns and they did.If the cavs win the series then he is 100% these playoffs.Provided how unpredictable these playoffs have been I'm going with him on this one.
What do lakers fans think?

Allanon
05-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Not surprising.

Hollinger and Stein have always picked against the Lakers unless they had no other choice.

Hollinger has always been pro Jazz & Cavs
Stein was Pro Spurs and anybody but the Lakers

And in the Finals, they'll be picking any team not named the Lakers

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Hollinger picked the Lakers to beat Boston in the Finals..stop making shit up..

Koolaid_Man
05-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Hollinger has been right on from the beginning.he said spurs would beat mavs and they did, he said they would lose to the suns and they did.If the cavs win the series then he is 100% these playoffs.Provided how unpredictable these playoffs have been I'm going with him on this one.

why hasn't he won the lottery yet and what kind of bitch is he fucking...those are my thoughts...

Allanon
05-11-2010, 11:10 PM

Hollinger also picked the Jazz to beat the Lakers that same year...not made up.

And I'll make a bet with you Hollinger will pick Magic this year instead of the Lakers.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Hollinger also picked the Jazz to beat the Lakers that same year...not made up.

You said he never picks the Lakers..I gave you an example of him picking the Lakers..

Allanon
05-11-2010, 11:13 PM
You said he never picks the Lakers..I gave you an example of him picking the Lakers..

Rarely is a better word.

Hollinger rarely picks the Lakers unless it's too obvious of a choice.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2010, 11:14 PM
OK, thanks for correcting yourself..

Allanon
05-11-2010, 11:15 PM
OK, thanks for correcting yourself..

You're welcome. I stand corrected on Never vs Rarely.

It doesn't change the fact that Hollinger is anti-Lakers in his picks, as is Marc Stein.

MaNu4Tres
05-11-2010, 11:17 PM
And I'll make a bet with you Hollinger will pick Magic this year instead of the Lakers.

I don't blame him.

Magic are playing the best ball.

Allanon
05-11-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't blame him.

Magic are playing the best ball.

The Magic are playing well; however, these are the defending champs.

If it comes to a Lakers/Magic Finals this year:

I'll bet the consensus pick (from most of the analysts) will be Lakers, but Hollinger and probably Stein will still take the Magic.

noob cake
05-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Trollinger is killing vegas

Indazone
05-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm going with the Suns especially beating a team that was peaking at the right time. The Spurs would have given the Lakers all they could have handled but the Suns...damn! They are playing on all cylinders now. I would say Suns in 6 games over the Lakers.

MaNu4Tres
05-11-2010, 11:36 PM
but Hollinger and probably Stein will still take the Magic.

I don't blame them.

This year's Magic team is completely different.

If Lakers beat the Suns, they are going to have a face a Magic team that doesn't have Rafer Alston making the decisions for more than half the game.

Nelson is a huge improvement over him and he's became their second best player.

Not to mention the addition of Carter and how all their role players are playing their best ball at the right time.

I hope Lakers make the Finals so they can get handled.

mogrovejo
05-11-2010, 11:44 PM

Really? I think both Spurs series were hard to predict, but I wouldn't even call the outcomes upsets. It was simply difficult to predict, close games (even in the Phoenix series you had 3 single digit wins).

I really can't think of anything that can be seen as a surprise.

SinBAD
05-11-2010, 11:51 PM

I said these playoffs he has been correct.Not talking about last year.read carefully before responding.he also picked the lakers agasint the spurs in 5 in 2008.

SinBAD
05-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Really? I think both Spurs series were hard to predict, but I wouldn't even call the outcomes upsets. It was simply difficult to predict, close games (even in the Phoenix series you had 3 single digit wins).

I really can't think of anything that can be seen as a surprise.

Utah getting swept, denver losing in the 1st round, Mavs losing, Atlanta getting swept.Those are all surprises.Also celtics giving the cavs a hard time.Everyone though cavs in 5 or 6.

namlook
05-12-2010, 03:41 AM

Hollinger has been 100% Bullshit.

Hollinger picked Jazz over Lakers in 6. :lmao

Hollinger said the Suns / Spurs series would go 7 and he was only picking the Suns because of home court advantage. He totally misread that series.

He also picked Cavs over Celtics in 5. Again misreading that series.

The fact is Hollinger doesn't know any more than the average educated fan.

ginobili's bald spot
05-12-2010, 03:46 AM
I'm really not worried. As long as we pound the ball inside and play a little bit of D it should be over in 5 or 6 at the most.

sefant77
05-12-2010, 05:43 AM
He picked Mavs over Warriors....hmmm....

Agloco
05-12-2010, 08:37 AM
The only way the Suns have a chance is if they keep shooting lights out when it matters (read: 4th quarter).

Richardson, Dudley, Frye and Dragic all need to continue to play a lot better than their career averages to get it done. So far, so good.

21_Blessings
05-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Dudley already shook the tree. He's fucked.

21_Blessings
05-12-2010, 08:43 AM
JRich probably has PTSD from his getting ass-raped by the Lakers 4 times a year Warrior days.

4>0rings
05-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Hollinger just BOOM! ROASTED Lakers ass. :lmao

in2deep
05-12-2010, 01:53 PM
LOL lakers