PDA

View Full Version : Rank these tandems

Ghazi
05-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Shaq/Kobe ('97-'04, LA Lakers)-3 World Championships, 13x All-Defensive Team honors, 26x all-NBA honors, 27x All-Star appearances, 1x MVP

Pippen/Jordan ('87-'93, '95-'98, Chicago Bulls)- 6 World Championships, 19x All-Defensive Team Honors, 18x All-NBA honors, 21x All-Star appearances, 5x MVP, 1x DPOY

James/Nowitzki (2010-TBD, Dallas Mavericks)- 0 World Championships, 2x All-Defensive Team Honors, 10x all-NBA honors, 15x All-Star appearances, 3x MVP

redzero
05-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Why would LeBron want to go to Dallas again? And if I recall correctly, Dirk hasn't re-signed yet.

Ghazi
05-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Because he's a Dallas Cowboys fan :)

BRHornet45
05-12-2010, 09:01 AM

son so is 80% of all African Americans. Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, etc. that is not a legit excuse to want to play with that proven choke artist white boy Dirk. Lebron has enough choking problems of his own already.

redzero
05-12-2010, 09:01 AM

And he's also a New York Yankees fan. What does that have to do with basketball?

21_Blessings
05-12-2010, 09:02 AM
1) Kobe/Shaq

2) Jordan/Pipp

3) Kobe/Gasol

4) Crab/Diggler

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Lebron going to Dallas would mean Cleveland would have to agree to a sign and trade where Lebron leaves, which isn't happening.

Ghazi
05-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Lebron going to Dallas would mean Cleveland would have to agree to a sign and trade where Lebron leaves, which isn't happening.

If I'm the Cavaliers, and I think Lebron is leaving, I try to get a young player with star potential in return.

Enter "Baby Flash" :). Roddy Beaubois :)

BRHornet45
05-12-2010, 09:06 AM
1) Kobe/Shaq

2) Jordan/Pipp

3) Kobe/Gasol

4) Crab/Diggler

son when mentioning the Laker tandems it should read "Shaq/Kobe" and "Gasol/Kobe" .... the sidekick / helper Kobe has absolutely no business being listed first and you know it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:08 AM
What leverage does Cleveland have?

It's not a matter of leverage, it's a matter of the fact they're not gonna make it any easier for Lebron to leave and make it possible for him to go to a playoff team. They're gonna force him to go to some shitball team like NY if he wants to leave.

21_Blessings
05-12-2010, 09:08 AM
CP3 = Olympic gold 6th man roleplayer fucking lol

redzero
05-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Does anybody have a photoshop'd picture of Dirk in a Knicks jersey? I would love to see one.

redzero
05-12-2010, 09:10 AM
CP3 = Olympic gold 6th man roleplayer fucking lol

How fast do you think the Lakers would trade Bynum's ass for Chris Paul?

Five seconds?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:10 AM
If I'm the Cavaliers, and I think Lebron is leaving, I try to get a young player with star potential in return.

The Cavs aren't gonna make it easy for Lebron to leave.

If there's a sign and trade involving Lebron this summer, I'll never post on ST again. Save this post on your hard drive for all I care.

21_Blessings
05-12-2010, 09:11 AM

Five seconds?

Why would they want Paul when they could get Collinson? :lol

Ghazi
05-12-2010, 09:11 AM
If Lebron wants some of these :lobt2: , he'll come to Dallas. If not, he can go play next to motherfucking Gallinari and Sergio Rodriguez in New York.

Me/Findog/Mono/m>s/dirk4mvp after the Mavs acquire Lebron:

:danceclub

Rest of NBA: :yield

Ghazi
05-12-2010, 09:13 AM

Five seconds?

As marginal a center as Glassnum is, he's still a more valuable player than Paul due to his size and length.

Also, Fisher has a knack for hitting big shots (Game 4 NBA Finals)... Paul would let Sasha Vujacic take 13 4th quarter shots.

redzero
05-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Why would they want Paul when they could get Collinson? :lol

That's even worse. The Lakers would trade Bynum for a second year point guard.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2932827

If Rashard Lewis has the power to pick which team he wants to be sign/traded to, I'm pretty sure LeBron does too.

Not saying it will happen. I think he stays in Cleveland. But in a s/t, the guy doing the signing has all the power.

The Sonics were a rebuilding team that probably had no interest in resigning Lewis, not sure how that comparison makes any sense.

Cleveland has the power to make it impossible for Lebron to sign and trade anywhere, and they're going to do that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:16 AM
If Lebron wants some of these :lobt2: , he'll come to Dallas. If not, he can go play next to motherfucking Gallinari and Sergio Rodriguez in New York.

Thanks for proving my point Seena. Dallas is a lot more desirable for Lebron than NY, Cleveland has the power to make it impossible for Lebron to go to Dallas, and they're going to.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:18 AM
The Sonics had just drafted Kevin Durant and Jeff Green. They had plenty of interest in keeping their final veteran player on the team with them. Lewis had no interest in the Sonics.

Deny the truth all you want, it's right there. I can pull up countless other sign/trade's where the guy when exactly where he wanted to go.

Do you think Cleveland would agree to a sign and trade with Lebron and be a part of making their team and city irrelevant, yes or no?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:19 AM
I can pull up countless other sign/trade's where the guy when exactly where he wanted to go.

If this were the case every free agent would have the ability to sign with all 30 teams. Orlando had the cap room to sign Rashard and didn't even need a sign and trade.

mogrovejo
05-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Do you think Cleveland would agree to a sign and trade with Lebron and be a part of making their team and city irrelevant, yes or no?

99% sure they wouldn't.

mogrovejo
05-12-2010, 09:21 AM
1. Jordan/Pippen
2. James/Dirk
3. Shaq/Kobe

Ghazi
If I'm Cleveland, and my options are:

1. Lebron walking to an East team.

2. Lebron going West, acquiring young talent in return and getting rid of shitty contracts (Varejao? Gibson? Williams?)

I'm choosing #2

If (when) Lebron goes to the Mavs I'm moving down to Dallas so I can witness this breathtaking tandem first hand. Gonna be one big fucking party.

Ghazi/Mono/Findog/badfish/dirk4mvp pre game: http://media.bigoo.ws/content/smile/party/party_21.gif

redzero
As marginal a center as Glassnum is, he's still a more valuable player than Paul due to his size and length.

Also, Fisher has a knack for hitting big shots (Game 4 NBA Finals)... Paul would let Sasha Vujacic take 13 4th quarter shots.

And you think LeBron would want to play with Dirk "I get shut down by Stephen Jackson" Nowitzki?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:23 AM
What choice do they have in the matter? If LeBron says "I'm not re-signing, and I will only accept a s/t to Dallas" what are the Cavs going to do?

Say, "Tough shit, either resign with us or go to New York and have fun playing with Danilo Galinari"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:26 AM
The Sonics had just drafted Kevin Durant and Jeff Green.

Think about this for a sec. Why would a team that just draft Kevin Durant and Jeff Green (two combo forwards who play on the perimeter) have any interest in keeping another combo forward who plays on the perimeter. Where would Lewis play on OKC right now?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Did Rashard Lewis want to go to Orlando? Did he get there? Did the Sonics try to cockblock him?
Yes yes and no. The Magic had the cap room to sign Lewis without a sign and trade, they didn't need the Sonics to do anything.

Did Hedo Turkoglu want to go to Toronto? Did he get there? Did the Magic try to cockblock him?
Yes yes and no. Another example of Toronto not needing a sign and trade to get Turkoglu, the had the cap room regardless.

Did Joe Johnson want to go to Atlanta? Did he get there? Did the Suns try to cockblock him?
Another dumb comparison, Joe Johnson was a restricted free agent. He signed with Atlanta and the Suns matched the offer sheet just so they could get something for him. If he was a restricted free agent there's no sign and trade, he bolts for Atlanta.

mogrovejo
05-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Why the fuck are we comparing LeBron to Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu? It's the symbolism, stupid.

This is all moot though, LeBron will stay in Cleveland. Typical reactionary response from NBA fans.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Yeah instead of getting something back in return, they'll lose him for nothing :lmao

You think that really matters? Their team is fucked if he leaves, some B-list combo guard from France isn't going to change that. Cleveland sure as hell isn't going to help a team with no cap room make it possible to steal a player they've invested their entire city in.

Ghazi
05-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Speaking of reactionary response, I just went from six to midnight picturing Kidd running the fast break with Lebron and Dirk trailing for the 3... in JerryWorld :wow :wow

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Yeah he'd be almost as big a misfit as Channing Frye on the Suns.

That comparison makes no sense, but neither does any of the sign and trades you mentioned so that shouldn't surprise me. None of those teams needed a sign and trade to get said player, they had the cap room regardless.

Agloco
05-12-2010, 09:35 AM
1) timmy/duncan

2) kobe/shaq

3) jordan/pipp

4) kobe/gasol

5) crab/diggler

fify

Ghazi
05-12-2010, 09:40 AM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/berknip/lebron.png

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:41 AM
So what are you saying, OKC's plan was to play Rashard Lewis at center and become the Phoenix Suns reincarnated?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:43 AM
The Sonics didn't try to stop Rashard Lewis from leaving, so that obviously means the Cavs won't try to stop Lebron from leaving :madrun:madrun:madrun

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:46 AM
At the time PJ Carlesimo was going to play Durant at SG, so how the hell can you say that wasn't the idea?

Because OKC was a rebuilding team that had no interest in keeping their veterans, Presti's plan was to completely scrap the team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Rashard Lewis had the power to pick his team, but obviously LeBron doesn't have Rashard Lewis weight in the NBA world :madrun :madrun :madrun

Rashard Lewis picked a team that had the cap room to sign him without help from the Sonics, so obviously that means Lebron can sign with a team that has no cap room and needs Cleveland's help :madrun:madrun:madrun

monosylab1k
05-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Presti's plan was to completely scrap the team.

http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/c/c5/Act_nick_collison.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:48 AM
http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/c/c5/Act_nick_collison.jpg

I'm sure if he found someone to absorb that retarded contract he would have gotten rid of it.

21_Blessings
05-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Wouldn't the Cavs prefer Lebron going to the Mavs so he would be destined for failure?

The alternative is seeing Bron + another max free agent in New York or Brooklyn 4 times a year up their ass.

21_Blessings
05-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Better yet sign and trade Lebron to the Clippers. He'd be fucked.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Amare doesn't wanna play with Lebron (but he still wants to play with Wade :cry), and Bosh doesn't wanna be the 2nd option anywhere. I don't see a max free agent going where Lebron goes, another reason why Cleveland isn't gonna open up the possibility of Lebron playing with another max player like Dirk.

boston.balla
05-12-2010, 03:12 PM
my men, only one thing, new jersey is moving to brooklyn. Now I ain't gonna analyze all the dynamics of such a movement in the attendance and support for the team, but it's basically NY ffs.

The nets have: top 3 pick which will be a young very good big (they've got devin and for his purposes he'll be ok.. lebron running the offense, devin can just concentrate on d like in dallas), they've got a young very decent sizable, shotblocking, athletic center.

They've got a shitload of talent, and they've been tanking like MAD this season ( how the fuck do you beat boston and barely get 10 wins? :lol ).

They've got capspace for two max players .. hello lebron and star B second option.

When the tanking process was not needed they proved that they can play defense, without all the assets they can acquire this summer, which is another plus.

They've got an obscenely rich russian who seems to be abramovich 2 ( english soccer reference .. incredibly insane guy, think mark cuban on roids when it comes to investing)

They've got Jay Z.

Now if there is any reason for lebron to say no other than the whole ohio shit explain it cause what I see and every other sane man sees is just a huge opportunity for not just a contending next season but for contenting for 4-5 years in NY (for all the hunger that's in NY for ball).

Mathematically speaking if lebron would want to win he'd go to jersey. The only other decent pick would be the bulls but they DO NOT have the assets of the nets. (bad contracts, no low post option, already a dominant ball handler making lebron ball difficult), miami does not have the talent/picks or market, ny has a shit roster and the rest of the teams are sNt which will complicate asset assessment from lebron's side.

So if lebron wants to win he will go to the nets, if he want to remain a hometown hero under a good defensive assistent as head coach then he'll have a harder time getting rings.