PDA

View Full Version : I'm manning up and apologizing to Lakaluva as should 21 Blessings.

midnightpulp
05-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Here's the story with this. 21_Blessings along with a host of other Lakers fans had me believing the Bynum hype. And being a Spurs fan, there's nothing I like better than a fundamentally sound post-player, something Bynum definitely is.

I further bought into this farce when Bynum appeared to finally grow a pair (along with a normal, functioning human skeleton that doesn't break when the wind blows) and put in some strong playoff performances.

I even went as far to bet Luva 20 bucks that Bynum would average a double double throughout the playoffs.

He started out strong then, but like Lakaluva knew all along, soon went into bitchmode, putting up games like 0 points and 4 rebounds. What the fuck is that? Why not just dig up the corpse of Kevin Willis and save 12.5 million?

So it looks like I was duped. Thanks 21. Now I'm gonna be contributing to Luva's chasing pussy fund, which means he'll have more money to spend on buckets of fried chicken to lure fat chicks into his conversion van.

So here's my apology, Luva. And Blessings, if you had anything resembling a pair of testicles, you get your ass in here and service Mr. Luva.

Bynum's a scrub.

21_Blessings
05-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Only 22 and he's still the 2nd best center in the playoffs with one knee :lol

midnightpulp
05-12-2010, 09:42 AM

Only 22 and a malnourished, Ethiopian child could take more punishment than Baby Drew.

redzero
05-12-2010, 09:44 AM

Oh, Bynum's better than an ancient Shaq and Robin Lopez?

Congratulations!

Ghazi
05-12-2010, 09:47 AM
I'd take Perkins over Glassnum. Smaller and less talented, but willing to do dirty work, plays tough, has some "nastiness" in him... unlike Glassnum's soft premadonna ass.

Vertical
05-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Bogut owns this fool...

midnightpulp
05-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh, Bynum's better than an ancient Shaq and Robin Lopez?

Congratulations!

Only 22, lookout health insurance plan.

At 30, the orthopedic department at whatever hospital he goes to will open up the Andrew Bynum wing in his honor.

Quit Hatin'
05-12-2010, 09:49 AM
I didn't know 2 bad games cancels out 8 productive games.

Quit Hatin'

midnightpulp
05-12-2010, 09:51 AM
I didn't know 2 bad games cancels out 8 productive games.

Quit Hatin'

Productive for Bynum translates these days to:

"Whew, he got through that game in one piece."

midnightpulp
05-12-2010, 09:52 AM
The fucking guy took a cereal break during the middle of practice. Nuff said.

Why can't Blessings just admit he's wrong?

Ghazi
05-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Productive for Bynum translates these days to:

"Whew, he got through that game in one piece."

:lol

JamStone
05-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Umm even being invisible for that Utah series, Bynum is averaging 10 PPG and 9 RPG in the playoffs. He might not be the next great center, but you could still easily win your bet that Bynum would average a double-double for the playoffs.

z0sa
05-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Bogut owns this fool...

and I called it a long, long time ago. Bogut always deserved his contract, Bynum still ain't earning 15mil.

midnightpulp
05-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Umm even being invisible for that Utah series, Bynum is averaging 10 PPG and 9 RPG in the playoffs. He might not be the next great center, but you could still easily win your bet that Bynum would average a double-double for the playoffs.

I agree that his presence alone is effective.

But in a Nazr Mohammed, Fabricio Oberto kind of way.

Not in the next Tim Duncan kind of way that Blessings goes on about.

Quit Hatin'
no bynum, no championship. We got raped in 2008 and we won in 2009. Bynum might not have the best stats but his impact was felt in the finals when he took dwight out of his game and saved gasol from guarding Dwight who would have gotten mandhandled. odom got to come of the bench and gasol got to focus on offense.

Quit Hatin'

Phillip
Bynum is a total faggot. He is the reason I currently hate the Lakers. If you simply took him off the team, I actually wouldn't mind seeing them win it all again.

Ghazi
05-12-2010, 10:02 AM
That's the thing about Bynum's 10/9. It's invisible. He's like the David West of centers. A guy who puts up nice stats but doesn't truly impact the team.

Had a negative +/- in a series his team sweeped :lmao :wow :lol 21 blessings

JamStone
05-12-2010, 10:06 AM
I agree that his presence alone is effective.

But in a Nazr Mohammed, Fabricio Oberto kind of way.

Not in the next Tim Duncan kind of way that Blessings goes on about.

All I was responding to was the fact that you can still win your bet.

I don't really have an opinion on Bynum. I think he's been put in a unique situation in his NBA career, not really being able to see if he can reach his potential because he has to defer to Kobe. And then when he starting becoming a really good player, the Lakers acquired Gasol, and that limited his touches and ability to try to dominate games. He's not the next great center, but he certainly isn't a scrub. But in his situation, not sure he'll ever realize his potential playing afterthought to Mamba and Emu.

JamStone
05-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Not really. You see, his numbers will decrease even more this coming series when the Suns go small ball. The guy has no passion and plays with no heart.

Perhaps. I don't know. Phil can try to attack the Phoenix frontcourt and try to dominate the paint and the glass. If that happens, they may have Bynum in there a lot to try to exploit the frontcourt advantage, especially if it's working. And whichever team the Lakers face in the Finals (if they get there), Bynum will get minutes because all three teams left in the EC have legit centers and strong frontcourts with size. Bynum will have ample opportunity to average a double-double the rest of the way.

redzero
05-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Bynum is a total faggot. He is the reason I currently hate the Lakers. If you simply took him off the team, I actually wouldn't mind seeing them win it all again.

I truly believe that nothing would actually happen to the Lakers good or bad if Bynum didn't play.

He is truly inconsequential.

Giuseppe
05-12-2010, 10:22 AM
I truly believe that nothing would actually happen to the Lakers good or bad if Bynum didn't play.

He is truly inconsequential.

Sans Howard wavin' buh bye in Florida, Summer '09.

JamStone
05-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Having success and dominating aren't the same thing.

Bynum could easily get into foul trouble with those ECF teams and still put up 12 and 12 on 5-for-7 shooting off of putbacks and early dump downs. It won't be dominating, but it will be enough to average a double-double and for midnight to win the bet.

Agloco
05-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Sans Howard wavin' buh bye in Florida, Summer '09.

I see you've hitched the trailer home up and located to a new IP address. Congrats. Even got custom plates for the occasion. Big baller. :tu

midnightpulp
05-12-2010, 10:52 AM
I see you've hitched the trailer home up and located to a new IP address. Congrats. Even got custom plates for the occasion. Big baller. :tu

Agloco
05-12-2010, 10:58 AM
If he can give us 12/12/2 then he has exceeded my expectation of him.

All he's really gotta do is man up on Howard so he doesn't go off "Deliverance" style on you.

j-money24
05-12-2010, 11:01 AM
I'd take Perkins over Glassnum. Smaller and less talented, but willing to do dirty work, plays tough, has some "nastiness" in him... unlike Glassnum's soft premadonna ass.

+1
That's what i keep saying..
Bynum is the softest NBA player.

Giuseppe
05-12-2010, 11:03 AM

Yeah, I hooked up the tv just in time to see you bend over for the Suns.

redzero
05-12-2010, 11:06 AM

Culburn, you don't live in Arizona, do you?

Giuseppe
05-12-2010, 11:07 AM
A course I do.

redzero
05-12-2010, 11:09 AM
A course I do.

Have you ever lived in California?

If not, Suns fans must think you're obnoxious as fuck to be around.

Giuseppe
05-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Have you ever lived in California?

If not, Suns fans must think you're obnoxious as fuck to be around.

No, I came from Ohio in '86 with nary a preconceived hatred. Somethin' happened (I don't know what) immediately and I've been hatin' ever since.

Agloco
05-12-2010, 11:39 AM

I'm surprised you had enough aluminum foil to pull that off. Been to any "Girls Gone Wild" shoots up on Lake Havasu since you've relocated?

Giuseppe
05-12-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm surprised you had enough aluminum foil to pull that off. Been to any "Girls Gone Wild" shoots up on Lake Havasu since you've relocated?

Never when that shoot is on, but, it's pretty wild up there just about any time. I just sit on the benchs with binoculars while the wife shops. The girls are sometimes nude, or nearly nude (guys too) on the boats. It's crazy.

Agloco
05-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Never when that shoot is on, but, it's pretty wild up there just about any time. I just sit on the benchs with binoculars while the wife shops. The girls are sometimes nude, or nearly nude (guys too) on the boats. It's crazy.

:tu

I'd be up there all the god damn time. That and Vegas anyway. Two good spots for some tail.

picc84
05-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Bynum is a decent player. Just nowhere NEAR as good as people try to make him out to be. He's just as liable to put up 4/3 as 20/10. More likely, probably. Def more than a role player, but not even close to a star.

There are two stars on the Lakers. No one else can be counted on on a consistent basis.

TheManFromAcme
05-12-2010, 11:55 AM
no bynum, no championship. We got raped in 2008 and we won in 2009. Bynum might not have the best stats but his impact was felt in the finals when he took dwight out of his game and saved gasol from guarding Dwight who would have gotten mandhandled. odom got to come of the bench and gasol got to focus on offense.

Quit Hatin'

:tu

This.

DenDen
05-12-2010, 12:00 PM
10 ppg 9 rb, bynum is overhype garbage, especially being 7"2", who rarely see double teams or fronting, playing along side lethal teammates in Kobe and pau, who attract opposing team defense.. Only 22, already 2 major knee injuries.. Good luck to your next great big, only 25 and playing less games then Yao.

ChrisRichards
05-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Bynum is just a glorified Haywood.
ouch:lmao

Budkin
05-12-2010, 12:45 PM
The fucking guy took a cereal break during the middle of practice. Nuff said.

:lmao

j.dizzle
05-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Bynum is lazy as fuck, end of story..When he tried to go for blocks vs Utah he would swat the shit out of their players..Too bad he only tries 30% of the time. I think he'll do well vs phx though since the team gets a week to rest..Thats the problem with having studs like Kobe & Pau on your team. Players like Drew & Odom feel like they dont gotta give full effort every game cuz they'll always have their backs.

Giuseppe
05-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Horseshit! His knee is tore up. If they're admitting to a "small tear" common sense tells you it's larger.

Kobe & Pau aren't immune from criticism. Kobe's quit a couple times, and Pau bowed down to the Celtics two years ago and continues to bellow each time he's touched to this day.

Odom ain't Kobe on Kobe's best days. He's just not. They're wired different. Odom fears. Kobe doesn't.

They're not punched pressed off an assembly line in the image of MJ. They broke that template anyway.

midnightpulp
05-18-2010, 04:40 AM
Not really. You see, his numbers will decrease even more this coming series when the Suns go small ball. The guy has no passion and plays with no heart.

:tu:tu:tu

:lmao at 4 and 4 against Phoenix's front line.

picc84
05-18-2010, 02:11 PM
12/12/2 :lol

21 Bynums :lmao

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 02:15 PM
I heard some Spurs fans say the lakers frontline advantage is unfair.

Not really.

Gasol is great, but a little soft. Odom is good, but inconsistent. and Glassnum is a scrub in the mold of Diop, Mbenga, etc.

Probably the best frontcourt in the league, but to call it "unfair" or the best frontcourt in the past 20 years (ChrisRichards) is insane.

Lest we forget they've played one real center in the playoffs so far, and it's Robin fucking Lopez :lol

Watching the Lakers frontcourt v Perkins/Garnett/Wallace will be very interesting to me. First real test for them in the playoffs IMo. (if it happens)

tdunk21
05-18-2010, 02:46 PM

:rollin

Fpoonsie
05-18-2010, 03:02 PM
I've posted this before, but Bynum'll always have a place in my basketball-loving heart after this sequence...

bd-FLEDTfao

SomeCallMeTim
05-18-2010, 05:19 PM
That's the thing about Bynum's 10/9. It's invisible. He's like the David West of centers. A guy who puts up nice stats but doesn't truly impact the team.

Had a negative +/- in a series his team sweeped :lmao :wow :lol 21 blessings

Third best +/- for the season for the Lakers... 25th best PER in the NBA, 3rd or 4th among centers depending on whether you count Duncan as a center or not (and this also includes Oden who only played 20-some games)... and whether you see it or acknowledge it or not, he is a plus defender who anchors one of the league's best defenses.

I do not disagree that he's been disappointing -- his potential is higher than all of that. But to say he doesn't impact the team is ridiculous. The things he does well (score efficiently, rebound, block/alter shots) are all things that are huge in winning ballgames.

He may be overpaid, especially with how the market cooled last year, but really -- who cares? It is better to overpay for a key piece like him than to let him go and try make do with what would've been available on the FA market for the MLE (not much).

Lakers ain't winning another title without him this year, they need him.

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 05:29 PM
What's funny is I stated on this very forum that Lakers wouldn't even need Bynum until the finals. And they will. That's how fucking pathetic the Western Conference is outside of the Lakers. :lmao

Fact remains dude is playing on a torn meniscus and he's still a better player than Brenda/Erica combined. :lol

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 05:31 PM
What's funny is I stated on this very forum that Lakers wouldn't even need Bynum until the finals. And they will. That's how fucking pathetic the Western Conference is outside of the Lakers. :lmao

Fact remains dude is playing on a torn meniscus and he's still a better player than Brenda/Erica combined. :lol

Congratulations, he's better than Haywood and Dampier. Woopdi fucking dooo.

Guys a scrub.

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Quite frankly though, if you plug in Damp or Haywood in Bynum's place it's the same result.

They can give you 15-20 minutes and 4-5 points and 3-4 rebounds too :lol.

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Ghaztube will return when Lebron comes to Dallas.

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Scrubs don't bring back interest for a Chris Bosh in a sign and trade :lol Nor do they put up 19/11 when healthy as the 2nd option at only 21/22 years old. :lol

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 05:38 PM
:wow Bynum's already missed more games than Bryant, Nowitzki, Garnett, and Duncan have in their entire careers

:wow :wow... :wow :wow

jeez... :depressed

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Even on one knee Bynum still plays better defense than Dirk. :lol

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 05:46 PM
jeez... almost $30million over the next 2 years for a guy who only shows up in November and always has injury excuses when the real season starts.

jeez... nice job by the Lakers FO overall but they messed this one up... jeez

jeez.... so many missed games :wow :wow

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Jeez...20 million next year for Dirk, a guy that only shows up in the regular season and shits the bed in the playoffs every year despite being healthy.

Nice job by the Dallas FO. 2nd highest payroll in the NBA equates to a first round exit to a terrible fucking 7 seed. :lmao

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 05:50 PM
jeez... if 25/10 is shitting the bed in the playoffs what the hell is 6/4... jeeez... :wow :wow

:wow :wow... so many missed games. Man, I almost feel bad for Glassy.

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Bynum gets minor arthroscopic surgery this summer and returns to beasting next season. Or he gets traded for Chris Bosh. Two time champion either way. Win/win for the Lakers and their fans.

:lmao Meanwhile nobody wants Erica Dampier and his contract

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 05:56 PM
jeez... Bynum should give half his salary to Kobe... this guy is a 15/8 player in the regular sesaon on the Lakers, but probably a Nazr Mohammed, Desagana Diop, Erick Dampier, etc on any other team..

Gotta give Kobe his props.. tricked me into thinking Bynum was an elite center at one point...

PS: Damp --> Lebron---> :lobt:*3

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Cleveland has no need for Damp or his expiring. They'll never take him back. :lmao The only hope Ghazi has for his shitty, failure of a franchise is a pipe dream that has zero chance of happening. :lol

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Beaubois, a couple of picks, cash, and jettisoning Varejao's contract... Cleveland sure as hell wouldn't mind that. better than LeBron walking...

you know what they would probably mind though? paying $30million over the next 2 years to an injury prone Desagana Diop 2.0 :lol

angelbelow
05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Quit Hatin'

tdunk21
05-18-2010, 09:47 PM
The great thing about his situation he's the best trade bate on the market right now.

who would take yao and bynum who r injured all the time...

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Bynum actually plays while injured. Oden and Yao don't.

DenDen
05-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Bynum actually plays while injured. Oden and Yao don't.

Yao, broken bone.. Bynum, tore his vagina.. I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure you can still play with a torned vagina..

TheManFromAcme
06-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Only 22, lookout health insurance plan.

At 30, the orthopedic department at whatever hospital he goes to will open up the Andrew Bynum wing in his honor.