PDA

View Full Version : Possible Suiters

DaBears
05-12-2010, 09:55 AM
With the 20th pick in the 2010 Draft, lowest in which spurs have had since TD got drafted. Whom would be a good fit for what the spurs are needing that would realistically still be on the board at thier pick...

stnick2261
05-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Every position is a need position. We have a lot of old people we need to replace in the next few years. There are 5 names in this draft that I'm hoping to hear. A couple of them are way above us in the mock boards (but could fall) and a couple are a few picks below our position. The number before their name is their overall rating on NBADraft.net. Any quotes are from NBADraft profile.

97 Donatas Motiejunas – PF
7’0” – Intl.
Expected Draft: 10 (NBADraft.net), 12 (DraftExpress)
Low defense, but Big, Mobile, shot blocker, 10 in potential.

94 Hassan Whiteside – C
7’0” Freshman
Expected Draft: 14, 14
Athleticism, Size, Strength and Potential all 9 or 10 (out of 10). Young and not ready, but great upside.

91 Ekpe Udoh – PF
6’10” Junior
Expected Draft: 18, 10
Size, Defense… 7’4 ½” wingspan = ShotBlocker… “Shooting form is near textbook”.

93 Ellio t Williams – SG
6’4” Sophomore
Expected Draft: 26, 26
Athleticism, Quickness and Potential all 9’s. Good ball handling and defense. Profile sounds like Manu “Finishes extremely well in traffic, able to contort his body and get shots off at odd angles ... Being a lefty adds an element of surprise to his game”… but he favors his left side and has no mid-range game yet… “Smart kid with good character - shows desire to learn and improve.”

92 Eric Bledsoe – PG
6’1” Freshman
Expected Draft: 32, 24
Athletic, Quick… tons of potential. Decisive and quick with the ball. “His superb lateral quickness, foot speed and freakish wingspan make him a potential lock down defender ... Clutch”. Has the strength to finish with contact, yet avoids contact. Young.

JonNOKC
05-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Bledsoe kinda of another G. Hill - think the best value for PG would be second round (a guy like JeromeRandle) and Bledsoe will be gone by then - look for SF or C/PF with 20th pick - which direction they go (unless someone drops in thier laps) may indicate how confident they are in Splitter coming this year

rjv
05-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Bledsoe kinda of another G. Hill - think the best value for PG would be second round (a guy like JeromeRandle) and Bledsoe will be gone by then - look for SF or C/PF with 20th pick - which direction they go (unless someone drops in thier laps) may indicate how confident they are in Splitter coming this year

i keep seeing mock drafts indicating gordon haywood of butler, stanley robinson of uconn and even daniel orton of kentucky

BadOne
05-12-2010, 01:40 PM
i keep seeing mock drafts indicating gordon haywood of butler, stanley robinson of uconn and even daniel orton of kentucky

I saw a Mock Draft show us getting Stanley Robinson in this years draft. If we're looking to trade the rights to James Gist, then this guy might be a good pick.

dbestpro
05-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Luke Babbitt.

rjv
05-12-2010, 03:26 PM
I saw a Mock Draft show us getting Stanley Robinson in this years draft. If we're looking to trade the rights to James Gist, then this guy might be a good pick.

he could be. he is uber athletic, 6' 8" and has an improving shot. but his stock is rising so he may not be available at pick no. 20. also a potentially solid defender.

yavozerb
05-12-2010, 03:28 PM
All this and more in the think tank. :rolleyes

English teacher
05-12-2010, 03:34 PM
With the 20th pick in the 2010 Draft, lowest in which spurs have had since TD got drafted. Whom would be a good fit for what the spurs are needing that would realistically still be on the board at thier pick...I believe you mean the "highest" pick the Spurs have had since TD, young man.

"thier" :nope