PDA

View Full Version : WTF-Chinese school attacks?

RandomGuy
05-12-2010, 11:03 AM
What the hell is going on in China?

Nine killed in latest China school rampage

NANZHENG, China (Reuters) – Seven children and the owners of a kindergarten were hacked to death in northwest China on Wednesday, the latest in a string of assaults on schools, prompting officials to vow to "strike hard" to calm public alarm.

Eleven children were wounded in the attack soon after the school day started in Nanzheng county, a rural corner of Shaanxi province, the official Xinhua news agency reported.

Two children were in serious condition.

A 48-year-old man, Wu Huanming, used a kitchen cleaver to kill five boys and two girls as well as the mother-son team who owned and ran the private kindergarten, Xinhua said.

Wu then returned home and committed suicide, Xinhua said, citing a

But wait, that's not all:

There have been six attacks on Chinese schools in the last two months, leaving 18 people dead and more than 80 wounded.

The attacks have raised concerns about school safety in a country where many couples have only one child, and raised questions about the social tensions behind the attacks.

Below is a chronology of the school attacks:

March 23, Fujian Province

Unemployed doctor Zheng Minsheng, 41, killed eight children and injured five others with a knife at a primary school in Nanping county. He told the court he had been jilted by a wealthy girlfriend.

Zheng was executed on April 28, the same day as another attack.

April 12, Guangxi Autonomous Region

Yang Qingming killed a boy and an older woman in an attack on parents and pupils outside a primary school in Hepu, in the southwestern border region of Guangxi. He stabbed two other adults and three children.

Police said Yang, who was in his 40s, was mentally ill.

April 28, Guangdong Province

Chen Kangbing, 33, broke into a primary school in Leizhou, Guangdong province, and stabbed 16 students and one teacher with a knife. He had been laid off as a teacher at a nearby school district.

April 29, Jiangsu Province

Xu Yuyuan, 47, a copy store owner, attacked children in a schoolyard in a busy neighbourhood of small shops in Taixing, near the Yangtze River. He stabbed 28 children, two teachers and a security guard with a 20-cm knife before being overpowered by neighbourhood shopkeepers wielding a fire extinguisher.

Neighbours said Xu was saddled with debts and had fought with a business partner.

April 30, Shandong Province

Villager Wang Yonglai injured five children with a hammer at a rural kindergarten in Weifang, Shandong Province. Two children were pulled away from him as he doused himself with gasoline, and burned to death.

Wang was in despair after local officials said they would tear down his newly-built house, which had been constructed on land zoned as farmland, his wife and sister-in-law said.

May 12, Shaanxi Province

A 48-year old man entered a classroom in rural Nanzheng county, Shaanxi province, at around 8am and hacked five boys, two girls and their teacher to death with a meat cleaver. He wounded another adult and 11 other children, two seriously.

The Xinhua news agency said he then committed suicide.
http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/factbox-attacks-chinese-schools-year-3538784

FalleNxWiZarDx
05-12-2010, 11:16 AM
population control ?

The Gemini Method
05-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Well, gun control is really working well in China...now they're making orange chicken with the students...

Viva Las Espuelas
05-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Damn those 40 year old white guys............

koriwhat
05-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Damn those 40 year old white guys............

you mean... yellow? hahaha

Cry Havoc
05-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Well, gun control is really working well in China...now they're making orange chicken with the students...

I find it amazing that someone with a knife would be able to stab 28 children before being subdued. Are their schools in the middle of nowhere? If I see a guy attacking kids with a knife, I'm finding the largest stick/blunt object I can find and going after him.

Internet tough-guyness aside, it's sad that someone can inflict that much carnage with a short-ranged weapon before being stopped.

Drachen
05-12-2010, 12:15 PM
why schools? why not go on a proper rampage that is indiscriminate.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-12-2010, 12:31 PM
you mean... yellow? hahaha

that can't be true.

The Reckoning
05-12-2010, 12:35 PM
ban knives!

Bender
05-12-2010, 12:51 PM
ban knives!
and meat cleavers

mrsmaalox
05-12-2010, 01:06 PM
It's so wierd because catching a little kid is like trying to catch a greased pig---catching 7 or 9 in a row is quite a feat.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-12-2010, 01:39 PM
It's so wierd because catching a little kid is like trying to catch a greased pig---catching 7 or 9 in a row is quite a feat.

are you some kind of former greased-pig-catcher champ?

Bender
05-12-2010, 02:05 PM
schools are safe, "weapon free zones".

aka "fish in a barrel"

Drachen
05-12-2010, 02:13 PM
and meat cleavers

And Hammers.

Bender
05-12-2010, 03:04 PM
And Hammers.
sporks can be very dangerous also

The Gemini Method
05-12-2010, 04:02 PM
I find it amazing that someone with a knife would be able to stab 28 children before being subdued. Are their schools in the middle of nowhere? If I see a guy attacking kids with a knife, I'm finding the largest stick/blunt object I can find and going after him.

Internet tough-guyness aside, it's sad that someone can inflict that much carnage with a short-ranged weapon before being stopped.

I guess its really a spur-of-the-moment question. Are you capable of thinking the right way to take down a murderous person with a weapon. I'm not speaking as an experienced self-defense person, but if you're running a classroom full of children, chances are you are going to be female or unarmed. Therefore, you would have to think the part of do or die, which, not many normal civilians are equipped to do. Sad and vicious way to carry out a message or your own carnage. Kinda scary if you ask me.

The Reckoning
05-12-2010, 07:13 PM

that was my gut reaction

The Reckoning
05-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Therefore, you would have to think the part of do or die, which, not many normal civilians are equipped to do.

yeah the school admins need to be more sharp about these things

dimsah
08-04-2010, 07:27 AM

Indeed. Here's another one.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-world/20100804/AS.China.Students.Attacked/

DarkReign
08-04-2010, 08:31 AM
From dimsah's story...

The Zibo killings came just two days after a man driving an earth mover in Hebei province to the west went on a rampage, smashing vehicles and buildings and leaving 17 dead.

Any attempt at explanation is futile. First and foremost, there is a culture gap that none of us can cross with certainty.

But why do these losers attack schools and children? Is it a fertility issue? A child-license issue? An inability to attract a mate inside their cultural standards?

idk, but I will say this...

How the fuck does one guy with a 24" knife kill and injure that many people? Is he surrounded by cowards? Some comes at you or someone around with a knife, pick the chair up youre sitting on and you now have the advantage.

Drachen
08-04-2010, 09:04 AM
I have a friend who is going to Johns Hopkins in China for her Masters (and has lived there for 5 years altogether)and though she couldn't speak really very freely on the subject, she told me that all of the information that we are getting about this stuff here has been filtered through the Chinese government (as it all is). She said that it is very likely that this is either a message from the government to a group that they are trying to suppress, or it is retaliation from a suppressed group. Either way, sickening, however it seems systematic, at least as far as her explanation goes.