PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt anyone remember who won 2007 playoffs MVP?

lebomb
05-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Man, people have a short memory. Tony Parker is a top 5 point guard. Everyone wants to get rid of him.........for what? The guy when healthy can slash, score and dish. Stop all this BS about dumping him. :ihit

rjv
05-12-2010, 11:34 AM
apparently not.

honestfool84
05-12-2010, 11:35 AM
:tu

Cane
05-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Do people also remember that the best stretch the Spurs had this season was with Tony Parker riding the pine and Gino/Hill as starters?

Parker's only worth trading if there's a substantial deal around but 2007 was a long time ago. If the Spurs want to become legitimate contenders again they have a lot of weaknesses to address and Tony Parker is one of the Spurs strongest trading assets and also have a guy named RJ to dump.

He should definitely be actively traded if he chooses to play for France this summer imo.

clambake
05-12-2010, 11:37 AM
i think its just spurs fans willing to do it if it involves jefferson.

lebomb
05-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Do people also remember that the best stretch the Spurs had this season was with Tony Parker riding the pine and Gino/Hill as starters?

Parker's only worth trading if there's a substantial deal around but 2007 was a long time ago. If the Spurs want to become legitimate contenders again they have a lot of weaknesses to address and Tony Parker is one of the Spurs strongest trading assets and also have a guy named RJ to dump.

He should definitely be actively traded if he chooses to play for France this summer imo.

Whatever............. one year ago everyone was saying he is the best player the Spurs have...........now? The guy was injured. If he didnt miss so many games this year, and went into the playoffs at full strength, we would still be watching a Spurs vs Suns series. Tony is good for over 20pts a game when 100% healthy.

MaNu4Tres
05-12-2010, 11:43 AM
No such thing as a playoffs MVP.

lefty
05-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Oberto?

Cane
05-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Whatever............. one year ago everyone was saying he is the best player the Spurs have...........now? The guy was injured. If he didnt miss so many games this year, and went into the playoffs at full strength, we would still be watching a Spurs vs Suns series. Tony is good for over 20pts a game when 100% healthy.

If he plays for France then he won't be doing his health any good.

He should know more than anyone that his body has a lot of wear and tear at this point and needs rest. He won't be doing Spurs fans and the FO any favors by choosing to add more miles overseas especially since Manu won't be this summer.

lebomb
05-12-2010, 11:45 AM

Fixed............... you know what I meant. :rolleyes

lefty
05-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Boobie Gibson was the Finals MVP

Bukefal
05-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Man, people have a short memory. Tony Parker is a top 5 point guard. Everyone wants to get rid of him.........for what? The guy when healthy can slash, score and dish. Stop all this BS about dumping him. :ihit

Exactly. :tu

ginobili fan
05-12-2010, 12:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCNEo3M-X4Y

The guy when healthy is an elite player.
If you can't bring here Lebron,Chris Paul or Dwight don't trade him.

Brazil
05-12-2010, 12:02 PM

You don't want to understand, do you ?
1) Gino running the point is good for a short period. The spurs will want to limit his minutes next year because he is now a vet who already had a lot of injuries and because by running the point Manu is loosing his explosiveness / mojo in Offense.
2) A few weeks before TP injury, the TP/Hill combo was working well with Manu coming off the bench.
3) Hill is not a PG ! 0,3 assist per game while starting the POs, he is a pure SG. If you trade parker it would be only for an elite PG but TP is already an elite PG unless we land CP3, DW and a few others, TP is going nowhere.

lefty
05-12-2010, 12:02 PM
That's because Boobie Gibson was guarding him

Fucking Boobie Gibson

Get real people

poop
05-12-2010, 12:04 PM
of course everyone knows hes a very effective player and he has the most upside for this team. thats also the reason he is being talked about for trades...he is the only real valuable trade asset this team has. and lets face it, its time to blow this thing up cause this season was the last real shot this team had at the title. that is why he is being shopped around, not because people doubt that hes a good player.

z0sa
05-12-2010, 12:04 PM
The times they are a-changin'.

Spurs always come first, before any player, unless your Timmy/DRob/Gervin status.

Bukefal
05-12-2010, 12:09 PM
It seems respecting and liking parker for how good he is and what he has done is apparently a taboo in here. TP is an elite pg, one of the best in the league, even though this year he was nearly close as how we are used to, but we all know he had an injury plagued year all season long.

Tony isn't going anywhere. He is our best player, and we would trade him? I don't think so. And to think Hill can replace Parker? no way, he can't, I said before, not yet, maybe in the future, but now? No way.

NickiRasgo
05-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Pistons do also remember their 2004 Finals MVP.

Bender
05-12-2010, 12:24 PM
the spurs are already around 10 mil over the Salary, with hardly any players... I'm not sure, but maybe 7?

don't you think we need one high-dollar player to go and get a couple back in return?

TJastal
05-12-2010, 12:28 PM
+1 on zosa & poop's contributions

I don't think the window is entirely closed, but the most glaring problem this year was another year of Duncan having no interior help, since Dice's minutes were limited for most of the year. Duncan was often paired with Bonner for large stretches of the game and left alone to defend the paint alone during those times. This simply cannot happen. EVER. AGAIN.

If Parker can be traded, for say Mike Bibby and Al Horford (not sure if the hawks would even do it but the salaries match) this gives Duncan a young versatile defender to pair up with and take a load of pressure off. Larry Brown has a surplus of bigs over in Charlotte as well... Mohammed, Thomas, & Chandler are all possibilities. I like Thomas' shotblocking and Chandler's post defense and Mohammed's all around play.

The main reasons why I think Parker should be traded

1. The team has evolved the need of a PG who will mainly distribute and shoot an occasional 3 and most importantly... fit in with Hill, Manu, & Jefferson. I don't think Parker does to be quite honest.

2. Parker may walk once his contract is up, AND/OR the spurs might not have the cash to resign him. If either of these happen, the spurs will lose him with no compensation.

3. Parker's health history. The planar fascitis, the bi-weekly ankle rolls, & probably most importantly the lack of commitment to resting during the summers is taking its toll not only on Parker but on the rest of the players.

Agloco
05-12-2010, 12:51 PM

I don't advocate getting rid of him unless it makes the team better. Having said that, there are trades involving Parker that the Spurs could make which would make the team better. Not entertaining those offers is counter to what you want the team to achieve.

You might also try fast forwarding to 2010. This is the reality now.

Agloco
05-12-2010, 12:54 PM
The times they are a-changin'.

Spurs always come first, before any player, unless your Timmy/DRob/Gervin status.

+1 The Spurs would let Timmy sit on the bench with a walker if that's what he wanted to do.

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I don't advocate getting rid of him unless it makes the team better. Having said that, there are trades involving Parker that the Spurs could make which would make the team better. Not entertaining those offers is counter to what you want the team to achieve.

You might also try fast forwarding to 2010. This is the reality now.

100%
Does anyone think we would even resgin Parker? If the answer is, "no", then it's a pretty easy decision. Even before the injury, I think he lost some quickness. His whole value is built on his speed an ability to get to the rim. He's not going to magically learn to be a better floor general and an assist maker. I don't think he's going to ever be great from 3 point range. So, if we can get something to make the team better, it's a no brainer. And it doesn't necessarily have to be a superstar.

Agloco
05-12-2010, 01:08 PM
+1 on zosa & poop's contributions

I don't think the window is entirely closed, but the most glaring problem this year was another year of Duncan having no interior help, since Dice's minutes were limited for most of the year. Duncan was often paired with Bonner for large stretches of the game and left alone to defend the paint alone during those times. This simply cannot happen. EVER. AGAIN.

If Parker can be traded, for say Mike Bibby and Al Horford (not sure if the hawks would even do it but the salaries match) this gives Duncan a young versatile defender to pair up with and take a load of pressure off. Larry Brown has a surplus of bigs over in Charlotte as well... Mohammed, Thomas, & Chandler are all possibilities. I like Thomas' shotblocking and Chandler's post defense and Mohammed's all around play.

The main reasons why I think Parker should be traded

1. The team has evolved the need of a PG who will mainly distribute and shoot an occasional 3 and most importantly... fit in with Hill, Manu, & Jefferson. I don't think Parker does to be quite honest.

2. Parker may walk once his contract is up, AND/OR the spurs might not have the cash to resign him. If either of these happen, the spurs will lose him with no compensation.

3. Parker's health history. The planar fascitis, the bi-weekly ankle rolls, & probably most importantly the lack of commitment to resting during the summers is taking its toll not only on Parker but on the rest of the players.

I strongly agree with everything you posted, except that in red. You need to take a look at Atlantas first two playoff matchups this year, then get back to us about Bibby. Horford is solid but the numbers and personnel don't work unless you couple him with a PG (specifically Bibby). Unfortunately, Bibby isn't the answer.

Nazr Mohammed? Hands of stone. Cant count the number of times he fumbled a point blank pass at the rim resulting in a fast break the other way. Other half of the time, he caught the pass and made a move so slow that it resulted in a strip and same result. Tyrus Thomas? Low BBIQ and suspect personality. Chandler? Perhaps but health is a problem for him.

The PG we need is in the mold of a CP3 or DWill. The center we need is in the mold of a seven foot Ian Mahinmi with DeJuan Blairs skillset (think I just busted a nut in my pants.....).

mameha
05-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Even before the injury, I think he lost some quickness.

when was this? because I seem to remember 08-09 season as seeing TP in the All-NBA, All-Star and carrying the Spurs into a number 3 seed with a hobbled Tim and an absent, injured Manu.

part of me wants TP to be traded so i will no longer have to see TP trade threads, TP hate threads, TP arrogant threads, TP ballhog threads.

boutons_deux
05-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Does anybody remember how Tony was filling it up, carrying the team, in 2008/2009 when Manu was hurt/out and Tim was limping?

Agloco
05-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Does anybody remember how Tony was filling it up, carrying the team, in 2008/2009 when Manu was hurt/out and Tim was limping?

I also remember how he fizzled out in the second half of each and every game against Dallas in the 09 playoffs. Incidentally, the playoffs are when it matters for those who forgot......

Tony's great, don't get me wrong. Unless hes scoring though, he's not bringing much else to the table. The personnel that the Spurs have now demands that we have a PG capable of distributing the ball to people in their comfort zones and doing more dirty work than Parker does (defensive things mainly). There are other PG out there who can still contribute these things despite struggling from the field.

lebomb
05-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Damn.............everyone wants a perfect, flawless player that never has a down game or year. LMAO.

Everyone wanting to ditch Parker will be kicken themselves in the ass when he comes in and rapes our new point guard. All we will hear

"man, I wish we had a point guard that was quick and took it to the hole sometimes, instead of dishing it off"

Yall kill me................. :lmao

MateoNeygro
05-12-2010, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't even think of trading Parker unless it brought in a D-will, Paul calibur point, or a solid 15-10 center. Which isn't going to happen. So I'll gladly keep Tony and tell guys like Jefferson and company to adapt to Tony's game. Why should Tony change or be traded when he's done so much for us. But guys like Jefferson, Hill, Blair stay? I know the latter would be harder to move but it's kind of bullshit.

Agloco
05-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Damn.............everyone wants a perfect, flawless player that never has a down game or year. LMAO.

Everyone wanting to ditch Parker will be kicken themselves in the ass when he comes in and rapes our new point guard. All we will hear

"man, I wish we had a point guard that was quick and took it to the hole sometimes, instead of dishing it off"

Yall kill me................. :lmao

Ummm, no. We just want a PG that fits the personnel on the team. You cant possibly say that Parker is the best fit at this point....... can you?

Agloco
05-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't even think of trading Parker unless it brought in a D-will, Paul calibur point, or a solid 15-10 center. Which isn't going to happen. So I'll gladly keep Tony and tell guys like Jefferson and company to adapt to Tony's game. Why should Tony change or be traded when he's done so much for us. But guys like Jefferson, Hill, Blair stay? I know the latter would be harder to move but it's kind of bullshit.

Why not?

Borosai
05-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Considering Parker has been the most consistent scorer on this team over the past few years, it's hard to imagine trading him. But here are things to consider:

1) Salary demands in upcoming contract negotiations
2) His stance on playing in games not covered under his contract

I don't have a problem with Tony's score-first style: that strategy opens up opportunities for other players as well. He's a great weapon to have on this team. But if he's going to ask for too much money, or if he's going to risk his health and the Spurs' chances by playing in other tournaments, you have to consider trading him.

in2deep
05-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I also remember we played the Crappaliers that finals. :rolleyes

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2010, 02:24 PM
when was this? because I seem to remember 08-09 season as seeing TP in the All-NBA, All-Star and carrying the Spurs into a number 3 seed with a hobbled Tim and an absent, injured Manu.

part of me wants TP to be traded so i will no longer have to see TP trade threads, TP hate threads, TP arrogant threads, TP ballhog threads.

I'm not sure when his PF started but he came into this year looking overweight (as compared to previous years) and slow (by his standards). Not saying that he isn't a very good player but it's time to look at other options. Of course if Manu's great run at the end of the season was a fluke, then we're screwed anyway.

Pauleta14
05-12-2010, 02:29 PM

First the "best stretch" began before Tony was injured...
Then, the main reason of that stretch was the "sens of urgency" the whole team had at that time...

Why wouldn't the same strectch have happened with Tony!

Either you admit HONESTLY that you have a thing against Tony, his style... (and stop saying "I love Tony, but...")
Or make some VALID arguments and REALISTIC solutions!!

Realise that almost everybody loves George, but (almost) everybody knows he is nowhere near the (overall) level of Tony (short AND long term)...

It's cool to debate, I'm cool with people not thinking like me, but I'm seing your posts since a few weeks and it's always the same thing, you keep repeating yourself again and again, NEVER taking into account what people can tell you and sometimes "teach" you...

I'm mean (not counting the TP homers), there have been enough arguments theses past week/months to make your mind at least slightly change, no?

Chomag
05-12-2010, 02:32 PM
*sigh* Here we go again. entertaining the thought of trading Parker does not mean we hate him. He is a very good player but this team clearly needs allot of improving if it wishes to be able to sniff contention again. Unfortunately Tony is the only spur with enough trade Value to have means of improving the team. It has nothing to do with disrespecting Tony Parker. I wish myself that lame ass mister 15 mil named RJ could do it but sadly no team would touch him and his crappy contract with a 10 foot pole. So Tony is pretty much the only thing the Spurs have that can achieve such trades. When will you Parker homers understand this I don't know.

This is about improving the team not about individual players.

dastrey
05-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Parker isn't going anywhere. Most people on this forum severely overrate George Hill. Hill is a shooting guard that can play point guard for a few stretches of the game. He has become a great shooter, but he lacks play-making skills. This has been covered up due to Manu starting along side him. The plays were run through Manu, especially against good defensive teams.
One of the reasons we lost against Phoenix was the Suns ability to trap either Manu or TP on pick and rolls. Had the Spurs started both Parker and Manu, they would have made the Suns pay. Hill and Jefferson were too easy to cover. Hill has blossomed into a good player, but he still needs to find ways to penetrate against good defensive teams.
I wish people could appreciate what Parker brings to the Spurs. He can blow by any single defender. He is one of the best finishers in the league. He loves contact and is relentless all game. His jump shot has improved tremendously. He is the Spurs best transition player. His game translates very well with new rules for the league. The Spurs would be kicking themselves in a couple years, if they traded him for a big and Manu is on his last legs. George Hill is not the future pg for the Spurs.

bigzak25
05-12-2010, 03:12 PM
the 3 guard rotation we have is awesome. why mess that up?

if TP chooses to play internationally this summer, my opinion will change.

i'm sure the Spurs will listen to all offers especially if it means they can unload RJs contract as well, but they better be getting a damn good player in return if they pull the trigger.

bigzak25
05-12-2010, 03:14 PM
oh, and in order to rack up the assists, the so called shooters on this team need to hit their shots...and last i checked, mason is on a greyhound out of town and bonner is hopefully catching an airbus flight on his next vacation...:tongue

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Realise that almost everybody loves George, but (almost) everybody knows he is nowhere near the (overall) level of Tony (short AND long term)...

You can't possibly know that George Hill is nowhere near the level of Tony Parker on a long term basis. That's assinine to even say. Chances are he's not but it's wayyy too early to make that call. He's improved every bit as much as Parker did between years 1 and 2. I bet he's going to be a better shooter, rebounder, and overall defender.

cheney212
05-12-2010, 03:47 PM
trading parker right now just seems like a stupid idea unless we get some real value out of him

Agloco
05-12-2010, 04:38 PM
the 3 guard rotation we have is awesome. why mess that up?

if TP chooses to play internationally this summer, my opinion will change.

i'm sure the Spurs will listen to all offers especially if it means they can unload RJs contract as well, but they better be getting a damn good player in return if they pull the trigger.

Yeah, why mess with a guard rotation that just got swept out of the playoffs in the second round? :rolleyes

Budkin
05-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Man Tony hit two HUGE jumpers in Game 3 against the Mavs that basically clinched the game. Assuming he's healthy the dude can ball, knows the system and has much championship experience. I think dealing him would be a huge mistake.

bigzak25
05-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah, why mess with a guard rotation that just got swept out of the playoff in the second round? :rolleyes

while you are rolling your eyes, look into you head and see if you can remember the lack of interior defense, the lack of a post game to speak of, and zero 3 point shooting threats.

those were the primary reasons for the sweep...not Hill, Manu, or Parker...

Agloco
05-12-2010, 04:47 PM
while you are rolling your eyes, look into you head and see if you can remember the lack of interior defense, the lack of a post game to speak of, and zero 3 point shooting threats.

those were the primary reasons for the sweep...not Hill, Manu, or Parker...

:rolleyes

bigzak25
05-12-2010, 04:48 PM
by the way, your avatar is top shelf!

Agloco
05-12-2010, 04:50 PM
by the way, your avatar is top shelf!

j/k

For that you get a :tu

Cane
05-12-2010, 04:54 PM
You don't want to understand, do you ?
1) Gino running the point is good for a short period. The spurs will want to limit his minutes next year because he is now a vet who already had a lot of injuries and because by running the point Manu is loosing his explosiveness / mojo in Offense.
2) A few weeks before TP injury, the TP/Hill combo was working well with Manu coming off the bench.
3) Hill is not a PG ! 0,3 assist per game while starting the POs, he is a pure SG. If you trade parker it would be only for an elite PG but TP is already an elite PG unless we land CP3, DW and a few others, TP is going nowhere.

1) Gino running the point was the best period of the Spurs this season but I agree he needs his minutes monitored. However he seemed healthy enough until that nose injury.

2) Yea that is true, before that hand injury TP looked like a 2009 Parker.

3) No one is saying Hill is a PG but he's been improving in just about every area of the game and hopefully will continue to do so. If Parker is traded it will be for a damn good deal.

This will be a NBA offseason for the ages. Teams will be losing their star players and needing to revamp their rosters - there will likely be great opportunities. As a Spurs fan they should definitely pursue a trade deal if Tony Parker places France ahead of a possible :lobt2: especially since Manu is taking this summer off and Parker's been injured all year and still is.

bigzak25
05-12-2010, 04:56 PM

you bastard!

dude, you know as well as i do that our guards are scorers and not shooters.

manu's broken nose had to affect his shooting.

tony is not a 3pt specialist.

hill, actually, hill from the corner was sweet...

bottomline, we needed those guys to drive to the cup and kick out to the 'shooters'....who were on the bench cuz they suck.

Agloco
05-12-2010, 05:06 PM
you bastard!

dude, you know as well as i do that our guards are scorers and not shooters.

manu's broken nose had to affect his shooting.

tony is not a 3pt specialist.

hill, actually, hill from the corner was sweet...

bottomline, we needed those guys to drive to the cup and kick out to the 'shooters'....who were on the bench cuz they suck.

Yes, we need a big no doubt there..... but

We also need a reliable defensive presence on the perimeter who also is a solid 3 point threat (read: A Shane Battier type). How much are we missing Bruce now? Wasn't just his D you see?

Hill is the only possible exception in terms of shooters, but he disappeared in the Phoenix series, and on the road in general.

An offensive facilitator can help to alleviate those sorts of things (read: A DWill or CP3 type). My main issue with Parker is that unless he's scoring, he not giving you much else. Can't say that about Manu.

Also, the honest truth is that Parker is the only real trade asset we've got.

Oh, and yeah, I'm a bastard. But I'm a bastard with a neat avatar and a pretty cool sig. :lol

Blake
05-12-2010, 05:57 PM

So you think the Big 3 + RJ as is can still win a title?

I thought it was pretty clear this year that this team as is, is not a contender

hunterxaz
05-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Parker is not a top 5 PG.

1) Nash
2) D-Williams
3) CP3
4) Billups
5) Rondo

Bukefal
05-12-2010, 06:50 PM

1) Nash
2) D-Williams
3) CP3
4) Billups
5) Rondo

He is. And dont look solely at this injury plagued year, that's not how tp is.

And oh yeah, cp3 is overrated. ;)

spursfan1000
Yeah he was the 2007 finals MVP, but guess what that was 3 years ago and Spurs may need a big change this off season since the last 3 years the Spurs have not been too successful in playoffs.

spursfan1000

1) Nash
2) D-Williams
3) CP3
4) Billups
5) Rondo

Take out Billups and put Parker at #4.

Blake
05-12-2010, 06:52 PM
the league isn't really full of true top tier point guards any more

Brazil
05-12-2010, 08:02 PM
1) Gino running the point was the best period of the Spurs this season but I agree he needs his minutes monitored. However he seemed healthy enough until that nose injury.

2) Yea that is true, before that hand injury TP looked like a 2009 Parker.

3) No one is saying Hill is a PG but he's been improving in just about every area of the game and hopefully will continue to do so. If Parker is traded it will be for a damn good deal.

This will be a NBA offseason for the ages. Teams will be losing their star players and needing to revamp their rosters - there will likely be great opportunities. As a Spurs fan they should definitely pursue a trade deal if Tony Parker places France ahead of a possible :lobt2: especially since Manu is taking this summer off and Parker's been injured all year and still is.

So you agree that to trade parker spurs will want to land an elite PG and it is very unlikely to happen?

Now regarding the France story, first of all I'm all for TP resting this summer because France has no chance at all and the most important is the qualification for the olympics. Nevertheless I really thing the fact he played this summer was not such a huge factor for his injured season, even with the euro he took a long break and rested a lot.
I just think for TP this year was this kind of year when everything goes wrong, he admitted he was mentally tired. Once again I'm not advocating TP playing for France it is just what I feel.

TD 21
05-12-2010, 08:36 PM

Another argument altogether, I know, but there should be. As good as Parker's finals performance was, let's be honest, he benefited, at least in the first half of the series, from being guarded by a shooting guard who was playing with a sprained ankle which obviously limited his lateral mobility. Everyone knows Duncan was the best player, not just on the Spurs, but in the league during the '07 playoffs, yet he was essentially penalized because of Parker benefiting from a specific matchup in a specific series. Granted it was in the most important series, but still.

I agree with lebomb though, how quickly people have forgotten about Parker. I expect a huge, All-NBA caliber season out of him next season. He'll probably pick up where he left off at the end of the 08-09 season. The points per game probably won't be as high, but that's only because it won't need to be with more firepower on the team.

TDMVPDPOY
05-12-2010, 08:58 PM
daniella gibson says hi btw....

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Parker in fact is not a top 5 point guard, he's hardly a PG, more of a tiny shooting guard, but here are 5 better PGs:
1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Steve Nash
4. Rajon Rondo
5. Derrick Rose (granted not really a true PG either, but anyone would take him over Parker any day unless they're retarded)

+ Billups is a solid PG who I'd personally rather have

BadMotorscooter
05-12-2010, 09:57 PM
I like Parker but its scenarios like these that arent good. You cant judge a player from 3 years ago to the player he is today. Period.

Slinkyman
05-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Parker in fact is not a top 5 point guard, he's hardly a PG, more of a tiny shooting guard, but here are 5 better PGs:
1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Steve Nash
4. Rajon Rondo
5. Derrick Rose (granted not really a true PG either, but anyone would take him over Parker any day unless they're retarded)

+ Billups is a solid PG who I'd personally rather have

what he said.

DesignatedT
05-12-2010, 10:47 PM
tony is the 4th to 7th best pg in the league. That's pretty good. If we are trading him we better get the 4th or 7th best big man in the NBA....

not rudy gay or david lee. :lmao

Slinkyman
05-12-2010, 10:52 PM
tony is the 4th to 7th best pg in the league. That's pretty good. If we are trading him we better get the 4th or 7th best big man in the NBA....

where do you rank Rudy Gay amongst Small Forward? just curious.

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2010, 10:56 PM

I agree no way they should trade parker for lee or gay.

Like I've said, there are few players the Spurs could realistically trade for Parker that I would support. But I think they should be open to shipping Parker and Jefferson to the same team if they can get a good deal in return, but only if it were right. Theoretically, I would expect a few teams to be interested in something like that if they have a high paced mentality as both can run and are used optimally when in transition and high volume possessions. I think the rest of the league is aware now that Jefferson is useless unless hes running the floor with a legendary PG.

DesignatedT
05-12-2010, 11:15 PM
where do you rank Rudy Gay amongst Small Forward? just curious.

not high enough to think about it.