PDA

View Full Version : UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans May 29th Fight Thread

dbreiden83080
04-18-2010, 10:14 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Ufc114-poster-2_medium.jpg
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/10981-UFC114_SmallBlast.jpg

GTquSGrcG3Q

This is a little early but man am i looking forward to this grudge match finally getting underway. Page seems to have his head on straight again and supposedly we are going to see in the Primetime Show is training harder than ever.. This should be good.. However the rest of the card is a let-down especially with Forrest and Little Nog not fighting.. UFC just has to try and sell this as a Super-fight. Not a superfight to me just a nasty grudge match i am pumped up for..

Main Card

Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller
Heavyweight bout: Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow
Light Heavyweight bout: Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Jason Brilz
Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. John Hathaway

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)

Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon

Preliminary Card

Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Arthur Cane vs. Cyrille Diabaté
Lightweight bout: Aaron Riley vs. Joe Brammer
Middleweight bout: Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen

CubanSucks
04-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Does anyone know anything about if there's ever gonna be an event shown in theaters again? That was kooo

dbreiden83080
04-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Does anyone know anything about if there's ever gonna be an event shown in theaters again? That was kooo

Doesn't look like it yet, which is crazy if you ask me

polandprzem
04-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Genius, but still I can't wait for the Brock vs carwin primetime.

CubanSucks
04-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Genius, but still I can't wait for the Brock vs carwin primetime.

A couple friends of mine hardly know anything about the UFC or MMA but are always interested and I have to sell everything to them to get them more into it. This fight was the EASIEST to sell

dbreiden83080
05-01-2010, 02:48 AM
y6s7a7mYvxw

desflood
05-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Rashad made me laugh.

"You're too slow. And yo head too big and it's too easy to hit."

dbreiden83080
05-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Rashad made me laugh.

"You're too slow. And yo head too big and it's too easy to hit."

Best comeback is "That glass jaw of your's too easy to break"

dbreiden83080
05-10-2010, 12:09 PM
First episode this Wed at 11PM Est

On Spike..

I changed the thread title as a reminder as well..

dbreiden83080
05-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Just merged the Primetime thread into this so we can talk about that here as well..

Show starts tonight should be good..

Stringer_Bell
05-17-2010, 04:47 AM
I liked the Primetime episode I saw and I'm really digging the recent interviews I've seen with Rampage. He looks focused and mean, but I'm still on Team Rashard. His camp comes up with great game plans and he's very displined, so there's no doubt that his desire to embarass Rampage won't get in the way.

Diego's UFC 114 walk out shirt, thank you Jesus!
http://silverstarnow.com/AspDotNetStorefront/p-458-diego-sanchez-walkout-tee.aspx

dbreiden83080
05-17-2010, 10:57 AM
For me it's just about Page coming into this fight in top shape. IMO if he loses it will be because he was not.. Shad has a great camp and plans but does he have the skill-set to really bother Page? Look at Pages career only 2 types of styles have really hurt him, Muay Thai and guys with great leg kicks. The Shogun and Wandy fights showed this weakness in his game the most. Shad is a wrestler and a boxer. Those are the guys that Page usually handles very well. He' not putting Page in a clinch and mudering him with knees. So outside of Shad just being too fast or outwrestling Page, i think Page has got this one.. Unless he is out of shape and gasses that is..

djohn14
05-17-2010, 07:40 PM

The TroutBum
05-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans -- I hate Rashad, but I just lost any feeling of respect for Jackson after TUF. He's a whiney bitch. Don't get me wrong, I hope he knocks Rashad the fuck out, but I just don't think he will. Fat and out of shape, book it.
Middleweight bout: Michael Bispingvs. Dan Miller -- pissed about the GSP fight, comes back w/ a bang.
Heavyweight bout: Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow -- WHO?
Light Heavyweight bout: Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Jason Brilz -- Deep down, I want to root for the underdog, but I really like the Nogueira's.
Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. John Hathaway -- time to work back up the ladder. Diego makes a bloody mess of Mr. Hathaway.

desflood
05-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Main Card

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)

Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon

I'll just repeat what I've said before: Rashad is the more cerebral fighter and he's coming from a much better camp. Rampage has looked pretty good recently and he's got more than a decent chance of knocking Evans out, but the odds are against him here.

I like both of the Miller Bros., but Dan can't beat Bisping yet- it's just too early. Maybe in a couple of years...

Forrest had the chance to pull off the upset against Nog - after all, the upset is his specialty. Brilz, not so much. He's a solid B-level fighter with a decent record, but that's generally not enough to beat a Nogueira.

Obviously, I can't pick against Amir :lol Even so, I see him winning this anyway. He's got a good chin and if the judoka throws him he's definitely got ground advantage. Sadollah by sub, round 2.

dbreiden83080
05-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I seriously thought Shad looked rotten against Silva. Takedowns with no advancement of position whatsoever, he could not hold Silva down to save his life. No damage done at all. Got lit the hell up on the feet and almost KTFO in the 3rd round. Before that he was dessimated by Machida. Not sure why anyone would think odds are against Page against Shad. If he is in shape and hungry this is NOT a good matchup for Shad..

Breaking down this fight i see it like this

Stand-up-Page
Wrestling-About even
Power-Page
Chin-Page
Experience-Page
Quickness-Shad
Cardio-Shad only if Page is not in top shape
Camp-Shad
Intangibles-Page- Shad will fold if he gets rocked by Page i am pretty sure of it..

dbreiden83080
05-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Main Card

Hungry, mean and focused Page takes this one. Shad better catch him unfocused...

My policy is to never pick Bisping nomatter how bad i am doing in the standings.. :lol

Sucks that Forrest pulled out, would have been an interesting fight..

Diego belongs back at 170 even if he will be a gate-keeper.. Looked to me like he was cutting too much damn weight at 155..

polandprzem
05-18-2010, 12:30 PM

Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Arthur Cane vs. Cyrille Diabaté

The TroutBum
05-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Main Card

Hungry, mean and focused Page takes this one. Shad better catch him unfocused...

My policy is to never pick Bisping nomatter how bad i am doing in the standings.. :lol

Sucks that Forrest pulled out, would have been an interesting fight..

Diego belongs back at 170 even if he will be a gate-keeper.. Looked to me like he was cutting too much damn weight at 155..

Sanchez a gate keeper? What is this nonsense? He lost to B.J. Penn FFS, it's not like he keeps losing to no-name pussies. He'll be fighting and winning the title within the next two years.

dbreiden83080
05-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Sanchez a gate keeper? What is this nonsense? He lost to B.J. Penn FFS, it's not like he keeps losing to no-name pussies. He'll be fighting and winning the title within the next two years.

I'm not hating on Diego but the top dogs at WW are.

The top WW dogs are guys like

GSP (Obviously)
Alves
Fitch
Kos
Hardy
Swick etc..

He is not beating any of those guys.. And back at LW i thought he was cutting too much weight and getting killed by BJ really showed how far back he is in terms of the elite. Diego is good but not elite.. So yes he is a gate-keeper, in that he is not likely to win a title in either division.. He is like Sherk at LW..

Stringer_Bell
05-18-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm not hating on Diego but the top dogs at WW are.

The top WW dogs are guys like

GSP (Obviously)
Alves
Fitch
Kos
Hardy
Swick etc..

He is not beating any of those guys.. And back at LW i thought he was cutting too much weight and getting killed by BJ really showed how far back he is in terms of the elite. Diego is good but not elite.. So yes he is a gate-keeper, in that he is not likely to win a title in either division.. He is like Sherk at LW..

Diego tore through WW until his head wasn't right for awhile and he has a staph infection...no excuse, but he competed at probably less than 70% against two good fighters that out pointed him (one unanimous, one split decision). The LW cut took away some of his explosiveness, but I still believe he'd beat anyone other than Florian/BJ with ease. For those fights, he needs a good corner with a great gameplan which I don't think he's really had since leaving Jackson's camp.

It's pretty apparent you can't kill Diego, BJ would have murdered anyone else twice before they hit the ground in the title match. Putting him on the Jardine/Leben level of gate keeper is pretty unfair, considering we know how naturally talented and motivated he is...he just needs a strategist!

dbreiden83080
05-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Diego tore through WW until his head wasn't right for awhile and he has a staph infection...no excuse, but he competed at probably less than 70% against two good fighters that out pointed him (one unanimous, one split decision). The LW cut took away some of his explosiveness, but I still believe he'd beat anyone other than Florian/BJ with ease. For those fights, he needs a good corner with a great gameplan which I don't think he's really had since leaving Jackson's camp.

It's pretty apparent you can't kill Diego, BJ would have murdered anyone else twice before they hit the ground in the title match. Putting him on the Jardine/Leben level of gate keeper is pretty unfair, considering we know how naturally talented and motivated he is...he just needs a strategist!

Who of the above guys listed is he beating Stringer???

I don't think he beats any of them except maybe Swick..

CubanSucks
05-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Fitch would GnP the hell out of him. The only way anyone can beat Fitch right now is if they get some insane KO or their name is St Pierre

Stringer_Bell
05-19-2010, 03:58 AM
Fitch would GnP the hell out of him. The only way anyone can beat Fitch right now is if they get some insane KO or their name is St Pierre

Mike Pierce almost KO'd him, pushing the pace even after he'd been sat on for most of the match.

Alves, Fitch, and GSP are the fights Diego needs a quality strategy for, other than that he survived through the worst beating of his life without quitting or being put to sleep, so anyone else in the division is going to just get an onslaught from him. You don't give him enough credit, and still have no answer why you put him on the same level as Leben and Jardine. But I won't argue it anymore, it won't change anything. /done

0jYbcajSsB4

The TroutBum
05-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Mike Pierce almost KO'd him, pushing the pace even after he'd been sat on for most of the match.

Alves, Fitch, and GSP are the fights Diego needs a quality strategy for, other than that he survived through the worst beating of his life without quitting or being put to sleep, so anyone else in the division is going to just get an onslaught from him. You don't give him enough credit, and still have no answer why you put him on the same level as Leben and Jardine. But I won't argue it anymore, it won't change anything. /done

0jYbcajSsB4

Well said.

tlongII
05-19-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm interested to see Duffee fight. I saw him live at UFC 102 and he was very impressive.

polandprzem
05-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm interested to see Duffee fight. I saw him live at UFC 102 and he was very impressive.

He looks really impressive but can he fight at the top level?

Man oh man Rampage just must win this fight, otherwise I do not see him coming back to an elite. I don't know I just feel he does not have the drive if he will not get the challenge for the belt. If he will lose I don't see him climbing the ladder, he will have no desire to fight below his 'status'

Shad is talking so much trash it's incredible.
We will see the best RAshard out there. He have the best camp and best preparation he ever had.
I wonder how much wrestling will come to play and what will be Jacksons gameplan?
IMO this fight easily can end up in the first round. Rashard is not a fast starter and Rampage is very sharp from the get go.

dbreiden83080
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM

Alves, Fitch, and GSP are the fights Diego needs a quality strategy for

Fitch takes him down and beats him up for 3 rounds..

Alves leg kicks him until he can't stand up

GSP does whatever he wants whenever he wants to Diego.. Diego does not have the skill-set to beat any of the top dogs. He is a mediocre striker with good wrestling and cardio..

other than that he survived through the worst beating of his life without quitting or being put to sleep

Frankie Edgar just beat BJ or at the very least lost a superclose fight to him depending on your point of view. Diego showed he can take a beating but that's it.. That is all he showed, he got nothing done in that fight to lead anyone to feel he is title bound in that weight class or WW.. He is a small WW and does not have the skill to dethrone BJ or likely beat Edgar based on what i saw in the Edgar/Penn fight..

so anyone else in the division is going to just get an onslaught from him. You don't give him enough credit, and still have no answer why you put him on the same level as Leben and Jardine. But I won't argue it anymore, it won't change anything. /done

I don't know why you are so ticked off at me.. I never said he was on the Jardine Leben level but for me you are a gate-keeper if you can't get past say the top 5 or 6.. As i said, GSP, Alves, Fitch, Kos, Hardy, Swick, Daley (If he comes back) I might take Ben Saunders too if he can avoid the takedown, Diego can't stand with him.. Gate-keeper as you fight the guys that are looking to get to that next tier. If they beat you, they qualify if they don't then they don't qualify..

And i am not hating on Diego, i like him fine.. Just going on what i see..

polandprzem
05-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Yea at this point Diego is few steps behind the group db mentioned

dbreiden83080
05-19-2010, 02:50 PM
The animosity between Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Rashad Evans is at an all-time high.

Despite their much-anticipated showdown being less than two weeks away, the former UFC light heavyweight champions are set to throw down at any given moment, much like they were during their time as coaches on season ten of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show on Spike TV last fall.

Jackson and Evans spent the majority of Tuesday’s UFC 114 “Rampage vs. Evans” teleconference call barking back and forth about the issues behind their hatred for each other. Things were tense from the start, but really opened up once Jackson claimed that a fight against Evans is a step backwards for him.

“A win over Rashad would be like a moral victory for me,” Jackson said. “Rashad doesn’t have a title. He couldn’t even hold onto the belt. It’s almost like I’m asking myself why I’m even fighting this guy. But then I did ‘TUF’ and now I know why. If you aren’t on the same level as someone, you should keep your mouth shut. This guy isn’t on my level. I defended my title. I don’t like the way he talks to me. He’s real fake and real cocky. For someone who hasn’t really done much in this sport…”

“Who am I to fight him? Who the (expletive) is he to fight me? I beat Forrest (Griffin), you lost to him,” interrupted Evans. “Just because you’re black, stop acting stupid. I can’t stand that attitude. Rampage does his same old thing like black-on-black crime. He just acts like he doesn’t know what’s going on for comedy. I’ve talked to him before. He’s a smart guy. He just acts stupid.”

“At the end of the day on May 29, you know that you’re getting your ass kicked,” Jackson responded. “You go home and open your own gym and coach because you’re a good coach. You ain’t a fighter, homie. A guy like you with a glass jaw shouldn’t be talking as much as you are talking.”

“I have a glass jaw? I remember you getting rocked with a straight right hand going up against the cage against (Keith) Jardine,” Evans said. “You got a glass jaw. You’ve been knocked out many times and you were on queer street when you fought Jardine. You’re going to quit. What about the ‘Shogun’ (Mauricio Rua) fight? You quit. You sat in the corner and gave up. You were still talking while you were asleep.”

“When I fought Jardine, I had a hurt jaw. That’s why I took that time off,” Jackson countered. “You were on queer street a long time when you fought (Thiago) Silva. You had jiggly legs and all. It was like you were gettin’ jiggy with it.”

The dislike Jackson and Evans have for one another stems all the way back to their first meeting in 2004, when Evans was just starting his professional career. Evans was part of a two-night heavyweight tournament being put on by the Gladiator Challenge promotion, while Jackson was in town to corner another tournament participant, training partner and UFC veteran Hector Ramirez.

“I met Rashad back in the day when he was fighting in Gladiator Challenge,” said Jackson. “He fought Hector Ramirez and Hector broke his ankle in the cage and Rashad was dancing around, playing with his nipples like he still does now. After the fight he came to me and was like ‘Yo man, I want to come train with you’ but he was talking (expletive) on my teammate and dancing around so I said no. (Rashad) knocked out some fat guy with a head kick before fighting Hector and his head just inflated. And then when I fought Jardine he commentated my fight and was talking all bad about me and my game.”

Evans revealed that Jackson was actually his favorite fighter before the encounter and noted that even though all of the hard feelings are ever-present, an underlying theme of mutual respect still remains.

“When I met Rampage, he was my favorite fighter. I looked up to him,” Evans said. “When he lost to Wanderlei (Silva) in Japan, that kind of crushed me because I was like ‘Damn, that’s my dude’. You always have to respect someone that you fight. Both guys kind of leave their spirit out their in the cage and stuff. That’s something you can always respect.”

UFC President Dana White echoed Evans’ sentiments.

“These kind of fights happen every once in a while,” said White. “Don’t fool yourself, this is the fight game. Sometimes the guys who fight each other… they just don’t like each other. These guys don’t and it is what it is. There’s that WWE stuff when the guys are out there trying to hype it up and make it look that way, but these guys seriously don’t like each other. It doesn’t get anymore real than this. These are two guys that generally want to fight each other because they don’t like one another.

“But I’ll be honest with you, and they’ll probably both deny it right now, but the thing is that they both respect each other in ways, but they still don’t like each other. When this fight is over, they may squash this. When this fight is over, they might still hate each other. You never know how this goes. But the respect is there.”

Also during the teleconference call:

• White briefly touched on Jackson’s apparent unhappiness with the UFC: “Rampage is very opinionated. As far as I’m concerned, we’ve been very fair with a lot of people. Me and my partners in this business have made a lot of people a lot of money. Rampage killed it in this “A-Team” movie and he’s going to make a lot of money. I want a piece of his second film.”

• Jackson on staying busy during his time away from MMA: “I fought a couple of fights back-to-back and I was kind of worn out after that. Now my body is doing really good and I’m able to train harder. I hurt my jaw a week before the Wanderlei Silva fight and then I had to fight Jardine right after that so I was hurting. My jaw is good now but I really needed that time off. I trained as much as I could while I was filming the movie. I brought Tom Blackledge up there and he worked with me. I trained and ran and did what I could do to stay in the game.”

• Evans has experienced success against opponents that training partner Keith Jardine has lost to: “Part of the reason why I’ve done well against a lot of guys that Jardine faces is because we’ve had the opportunity to go at in our training camps so I get a pretty good idea of what to expect based on what he tells me. I was cageside when Jardine fought Quinton so I have a good idea of what he’s going to come with, when he’s going to roll and stuff like that.”

• White said that there was very little hesitancy in pairing Jackson and Evans together: “This was the fight. These guys both coached on ‘TUF’ and not only do I think everybody wants this fight, but I know these two want this fight really bad. If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you. The day that they walked on the set, they don’t like each other. It all worked out though. Quinton did a huge movie… this thing is going to be a big movie and we’re happy for him and after all that, we still think that the fans want to see this fight, so I’m excited. When you get two of the best in the world fighting, it’s always fun, but when you get two guys of that caliber that really don’t like each other, it’s great.”

• Jackson claims that training for Evans has resulted in his best camp to date: “I’m not underestimating Rashad at all. This is going to be a good test for me. I underestimated Forrest, didn’t train properly for him and came into the fight overweight. I’ve learned my lesson over and over again and I think it has prepared for me now, when everything counts. I haven’t trained that hard in the past but I’ve really done the work this time. I used to think that my camp for Wanderlei was the hardest, but this is it. I’ve really pushed myself and I’m proud of myself because I’m known as a guy that’s not very good in the gym. I suck in the gym, but this time, I’ve really worked hard and I’m already proud of myself.”

• Evans brought Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed Lawal into his camp: “It was a connection that I already had. Me and Mo have been cool since college. He’s got the best takedowns in the sport and the best wrestling too, so I wanted to work with him for this fight. If I want to take Rampage down 100 times, I want to be able to do that.”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jackson-Evans-Breathing-Fire-Before-UFC-114-Meeting-24578

CubanSucks
05-19-2010, 03:02 PM

ALMOST. Exactly my point. You have to land the all time greatest head kick to KO Fitch. If there was ever a time it could be done it was a couple times during the GSP fight

dbreiden83080
05-21-2010, 09:22 PM
4CliXOJzYn0

Page is fuckin ready..

polandprzem
05-22-2010, 04:20 AM
The second part of primetime was bit worse but that ending was ridiculous. Goosbumps and hype all over my body :)

Can't wait for the weight-ins and fight !!!!!!!!!!!!

dbreiden83080
05-23-2010, 12:33 PM
qCVi8CGswhY

MannyIsGod
05-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I hope Page smashes him. God damn I used to like Rashad too.

CubanSucks
05-23-2010, 02:54 PM
I really don't see how anyone can take a strong side in this. The shit talking has gone both ways. Unless this fight ends in decision I'm really gonna feel sorry for who ever losses

dbreiden83080
05-23-2010, 07:40 PM
I really don't see how anyone can take a strong side in this. The shit talking has gone both ways. Unless this fight ends in decision I'm really gonna feel sorry for who ever losses

I can't see a hand shake at the end here.. Especially if someone gets stopped..

The TroutBum
05-23-2010, 10:10 PM
4CliXOJzYn0

Page is fuckin ready..

Maybe I'm just weird, but Page looks FAT and out of shape to me. The whole, "HE'S DEAD!" is fucking lame. I always liked Page up until I watched TUF, and even then I liked him, but lost some respect. Now? I am almost hoping 'Shad wins...

CubanSucks
05-23-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm gonna root for Rampage ONLY because I think a Page/Thiago Silva fight would be next and it would be amazing. If Evans wins, I can't see what would be next for him.

Stringer_Bell
05-24-2010, 12:04 AM
I can't see a hand shake at the end here.. Especially if someone gets stopped..

If someone gets stopped, he will accept defeat. They aren't complete morons. A decision would be more heart breaking for both, especially Rampage.

dbreiden83080
05-24-2010, 12:26 PM
If someone gets stopped, he will accept defeat. They aren't complete morons. A decision would be more heart breaking for both, especially Rampage.

IF Page KO's him like he did to Wandy..

Yeah right..

dbreiden83080
05-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Maybe I'm just weird, but Page looks FAT and out of shape to me.

New training pics he is in shape....

http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/051910rampagejackson/1023.jpg

http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/051910rampagejackson/1025.jpg

dallaskd
05-25-2010, 08:59 PM
sig bet for anyone who thinks rashad will win

The TroutBum
05-25-2010, 10:07 PM

I'm down. I really want Page to win, but I don't think he will.

dallaskd
05-26-2010, 07:20 PM

dallaskd
05-26-2010, 07:36 PM
lol @ UFC, "The biggest grudge match in UFC history"

just like Liddell-Couture III was "the one we've waited our entire lives for"

wack marketing strategies but i guess the newbies buy into it. IMO all of these fights go ahead of page-evans.. my top 10 ufc grudge matches..

Hughes vs Trigg
Ken Shamrock vs Ortiz
Ken Shamrock vs Frye
Penn vs Pulver
Liddell vs Oritz
Sakuraba vs the gracies
Lesnar vs Mir
Frank Shamrock vs Ortiz
Penn vs GSP
Frank Shamrock vs Baroni

honorable mention:

Diaz vs Sanchez
Liddell vs Wandy (not at the time of the fight, but years of smack talk before)
Hughes vs Serra
Jackson vs Liddell
Jackson vs Evans
Sanchez vs Koscheck

..now those are real grudge matches. Evans doesnt even really talk

dbreiden83080
05-26-2010, 08:08 PM
lol @ UFC, "The biggest grudge match in UFC history"

just like Liddell-Couture III was "the one we've waited our entire lives for"

wack marketing strategies but i guess the newbies buy into it. IMO all of these fights go ahead of page-evans.. my top 10 ufc grudge matches..

Hughes vs Trigg
Ken Shamrock vs Ortiz
Ken Shamrock vs Frye
Penn vs Pulver
Liddell vs Oritz
Sakuraba vs the gracies
Lesnar vs Mir
Frank Shamrock vs Ortiz
Penn vs GSP
Frank Shamrock vs Baroni

honorable mention:

Diaz vs Sanchez
Liddell vs Wandy (not at the time of the fight, but years of smack talk before)
Hughes vs Serra
Jackson vs Liddell
Jackson vs Evans
Sanchez vs Koscheck

..now those are real grudge matches. Evans doesnt even really talk

I agree with a lot of that list but between TUF, The Primetime show and the conference call Evans has talked a ton about Page. So much so i am as anxious for them to finally settle it as they are. So i don't have to hear about it anymoree

dbreiden83080
05-26-2010, 08:40 PM
last Primetime on Tonight after TUF..

polandprzem
05-27-2010, 03:39 AM
last Primetime on Tonight after TUF..

Damn, I could not sit calmly watching the third episode.

I'm pissed. I got pissed. :)
Evans talks so much shit and I see the difference between him talking shit and Rampage talking trash.
Rampage comes from confidence and Evans just wants to get on rampages nerves and going over the line.
I used to like Evans but he is childish prick :)

Rampage is calm as hell. I saw the staredown from yesterdays press conference and interview after.
Evans wanted to kill Quinton with the way he was looking at him. rampage was like whatever and if he stays calm all the way to walking into the cage I know that in the cage he will be an animal.

I want Rampage to destroy Evans

polandprzem
05-27-2010, 03:41 AM
ahh and yea I had a dream last night that rampage knocked Evans out and rashad was sitting in the corner with his hand on a head thinking what mistake he just made ... :D

dbreiden83080
05-27-2010, 10:04 AM
ahh and yea I had a dream last night that rampage knocked Evans out and rashad was sitting in the corner with his hand on a head thinking what mistake he just made ... :D

Damn, I could not sit calmly watching the third episode.

I'm pissed. I got pissed. :)
Evans talks so much shit and I see the difference between him talking shit and Rampage talking trash.
Rampage comes from confidence and Evans just wants to get on rampages nerves and going over the line.
I used to like Evans but he is childish prick :)

Rampage is calm as hell. I saw the staredown from yesterdays press conference and interview after.
Evans wanted to kill Quinton with the way he was looking at him. rampage was like whatever and if he stays calm all the way to walking into the cage I know that in the cage he will be an animal.

I want Rampage to destroy Evans

Great stuff Poland. I am with you 100% on this. Evans has acted like a punk this whole time and i agree with Page when he says this guy is just "fake". From day one on TUF he was fake. Why else would someone who just got KTFO badly by Machida like 2 weeks prior to filming show up acting like he is the baddest man on the planet? I am also getting sick of some of GSP's Strength and Conditioning team that also train Rashad and their trash talking about work-outs. Not everybody works out the same, because not everyones bodies react the same guys. GSP should fire some of those big mouths..

Page is coming off like he has put the work in, he knows what he has to do to shut Shad up and it's gonna happen. We'll see on Sat

I am Fuckin Pumped for this big TIME!!!:toast

CubanSucks
05-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Since this is such a polarizing fight I have to pick and I'm slightly rooting for Rampage, though I believe Shad is gonna win. I just hope it's won on the feet and not with GnP

Stringer_Bell
05-27-2010, 03:56 PM
I hope we're not overhyping the match for ourselves, it could actually turn into a snoozefest. Rampage probably isn't going to go headhunting Rashad, and Rashad obviously will be careful about his takedowns and trying to confuse Rampage. It could be a lot of walking and countering from both without anything ever landing hard enough to rattle the other guy.

Then again, that could be the whole trick behind Rashad's gameplan - and he'll actually try to stand with Rampage. In which case, someone is probably going to get embarassed in the first round. :lol

MAKE HIM QUIT, RASHAD!!! :ihit

dbreiden83080
05-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Rashad is such a posing annoying bitch

I don't know why anyone roots for him and thank god he gets boo'd way more than cheered..

dbreiden83080
05-27-2010, 04:41 PM
ljNtSdfc1wE

Rip-Hamilton32
05-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Rampage
Miller
Duffee
Lil Nog
Diego

dbreiden83080
05-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Page ESPN interview 3:00, they won't let me embed it but it's good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj1K8AKjauM&feature=player_embedded

cornbread
05-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Rampage
Bisping
Duffee
Nog
Diego

dbreiden83080
05-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Weigh ins live 7 ET on UFC.com

dbreiden83080
05-28-2010, 07:53 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/14o7y2o.png

scottspurs
05-29-2010, 09:04 PM
I think Rampage is going to knock him out.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Through 2 rds Diego is getting his ass kicked

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 09:32 PM
maybe the term gate-keeper was being polite

Diego looked horrendous.. Good performance by Hathaway. Where Diego goes now

I don't know???

polandprzem
05-29-2010, 09:45 PM
maybe the term gate-keeper was being polite

Diego looked horrendous.. Good performance by Hathaway. Where Diego goes now

I don't know???

To a disco club ? For a drink?

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 09:53 PM
I'll buy him a round after that

and little Nog now not looking good

Night of upsets right now

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Man, Forrest would have destroyed this dude.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 10:04 PM
I have a feeling Brill is about to be robbed.

dbreiden83080
Little Nog with a gift

He lost

dbreiden83080
I have a feeling Brill is about to be robbed.

And he did

MannyIsGod
Yup. What a fucking disgrace of a call.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 10:05 PM
God I fucking hate these decisions. What fight were the Judges watching? How does Rog win any round but the 3rd?

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Please Page and Shad no decision

Somebody has to finish

Unless you go out there and GSP someone for 5 rds you never know with these judges

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 10:06 PM
All I know is that Page better knock out Shad because fuck this bullshit judging.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Please Page and Shad no decision

Somebody has to finish

Yeah exactly.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 10:10 PM
It sucks that MMA has now gotten itself into a similiar position as boxing with a lot of questionable decisions. These judges need to be educated more on what should count for pts and some rule changes may be needed i think in terms of what they are told to look for when scoring??

polandprzem
05-29-2010, 10:11 PM
I don't know if Brlitz won the first

polandprzem
05-29-2010, 10:13 PM
could go either way and it did

but I think more appropriate would be Brlitz win

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Come lets get Page and Shad into the cage already

I can't fuckin wait........

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Duffy put this fat boy away already

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Holy Shit where the hell did that come from??

Timmy Duncan in the house tonight

resistanze
05-29-2010, 10:33 PM
They just showed TD :lol

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 10:33 PM
They just showed TD :lol

Love it

ace3g
05-29-2010, 10:36 PM
lol duffee has a kind of brock look to him
(10:31:14 PM) his movements

and not even 1 sec later after I typed that Russow knocks Duffee out, lol

and then like a few sec after Timmy!!! shown on the screen, wide range of emotions, since I predicted Duffee to win

dbreiden83080
Duffy wins 99% of the fight and then loses via KO

Yikes

polandprzem
I was wondering if Duffee if he got clipped not go away

He did and he did :)

polandprzem
05-29-2010, 10:37 PM
TD is a bonus for a spurs fan

ace3g
05-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Holy fuckin shit!!!!!

- Dana white

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Holy fuckin shit!!!!!

- Dana white

vIoAe3IK6AA

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 10:45 PM
LOL Fat boy wins. Awesome.

scottspurs
05-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Timmy D vs Lesnar UFC 121, make it happen Dana. The Big Fundamental would make him tap.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Timmy D vs Lesnar UFC 121, make it happen Dana. The Big Fundamental would make him tap.

No. We don't need Timmy anymore injured than he already is :lol

Blackjack
05-29-2010, 11:11 PM
No. We don't need Timmy anymore injured than he already is :lol

It's all about winning No. 5. No one said it had to be in the NBA. :D

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Good fight Bisping

easily won

polandprzem
05-29-2010, 11:13 PM
it's time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

polandprzem
05-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Mike winning gives some confidence for rampage

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Lets Go Rampage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://maximus03.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/rampage-jackson.jpg

polandprzem
05-29-2010, 11:17 PM
I wonder if we will have expendables in polish cinemas

got to see all hose guys even if the movie not gonna be top level

resistanze
05-29-2010, 11:22 PM
C'mon Page. I think he got me into MMA back in his Pride days.

polandprzem
Shad got full pants

MannyIsGod
Yeahhhhhh lets go Page.

resistanze
'Shad is shook!

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 11:23 PM
God I hate Shad the more and more I see him.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Apparently Tony Parker is there at the fight too.

resistanze
05-29-2010, 11:26 PM
He would slam motherfuckers back then. I want to see that rampage tonight.

I'm sure it was that slam KO against Arona that got me hooked :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Give credit to the parents of Rampage to have the foresight to name him Rampage.

resistanze
05-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Haha Page. Don't lose now.

resistanze
05-29-2010, 11:38 PM
1-0 Shad.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Man, this sucks so far

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Wtf is Page waiting for.

resistanze
05-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Lame.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 11:49 PM
LAyoff killed Rampage

Just killed him

Good job Sahd fought great well done

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Fuck, guess I'll have to wait for Shogun to do what Page should have.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Dude, can't believe that shit. Shad was fucking dead in the water and Page just lets up. WTF. WTF WTF WTF

polandprzem
05-29-2010, 11:51 PM
fuck that fuck .... :(

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Page had his shot in round 3 and like Silva with Shad could not do anytiing with it.

Very dissapointing but all credit to Shad he fought really good and it is what it is

polandprzem
05-29-2010, 11:52 PM
shad got glass jaw as hell rampage got a chance

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 11:53 PM
LOL this post fight shit by Rampage is fucking weak.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Dude, can't believe that shit. Shad was fucking dead in the water and Page just lets up. WTF. WTF WTF WTF

He was gassed

100% gassed. Evans showed me a lot tonight. I don't like the guy but he showed heart and great skill out there

So he gets my respect..

polandprzem
05-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Motherfuckin shad

Shogun got to put him away

polandprzem
05-29-2010, 11:55 PM

sTFU

wtf with you?

sexinthatsx
05-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Woooo rashad's my boy!

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Yes, for the love of god Shogun has to knock the shit out of this guy.

scottspurs
Evans fought the smart fight. Rampage had his chance to finish him, but didn't capitalize.

Shogun would of dominated either fighter tonight. Evans definitely deserves his respect though.

MannyIsGod
sTFU

wtf with you?

Dude they can spare me the "there's never a loser walking out of the ring" bullshit because Page was sure as shit the loser walking out of that ring.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Page really has nobody to blame but himself. There is nothing that beats top notch training that is consistant when guys are pretty evenly mathched. I thought Page had better skill in the stand-up and still do but that layoff and coming into camp out of shape hurt him bad... Shad never stopped training and it showed..

So it is what it is

Good Job Rashad..

sexinthatsx
05-30-2010, 12:01 AM
To be honest, I don't know how the hell Rashad endured those punches by Rampage, he got rocked so hard... to be able to still get back up and fight is beyond amazing. Rampage may have been out of shape, but those punches sure as shit would have knocked out just about any fighter.

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Dude they can spare me the "there's never a loser walking out of the ring" bullshit because Page was sure as shit the loser walking out of that ring.

there is a winner but there is not a loser in a sense looking at the work they put up training for the fight
And Page had no excuses, he said he was in good shape

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 12:04 AM
To be honest, I don't know how the hell Rashad endured those punches by Rampage, he got rocked so hard... to be able to still get back up and fight is beyond amazing. Rampage may have been out of shape, but those punches sure as shit would have knocked out just about any fighter.

none of these were clean

MannyIsGod
05-30-2010, 12:04 AM
He can say he had 8 fucking arms but I'm not believing him when I only see two. He was not in top notch shape. He was gassed pretty much the entire fight, and from what?

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 12:05 AM

Page needed to let Shad up and let his hands go why he didn't amazed me, he was jokeying for postion on the ground when all he had to do was let Shad up and let his fucking hands go..

MannyIsGod
05-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Page needed to let Shad up and let his hands go why he didn't amazed me, he was jokeying for postion on the ground when all he had to do was let Shad up and let his fucking hands go..

And when they finally did get up they just played patty cake for a minute.

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 12:07 AM
He can say he had 8 fucking arms but I'm not believing him when I only see two. He was not in top notch shape. He was gassed pretty much the entire fight, and from what?

simple rust

If you could see other fights rampage always came quick in the fights. Now he got caught and that set up the pace which QJ was not ready for

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 12:10 AM
At the end of the day as much as i root for certain fighters i appreciate anyone who works their asses off and shows heart, skill and determination..

Rashad showed all of those things tonight so he gets my thumbs up.. :toast

Page if he wants to come back has to get consistant training... Make no mistake about it Rashad won that fight because he is a harder worker in the gym than Page.. Page must committ to fighting 100% or forget it

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 12:12 AM
And when they finally did get up they just played patty cake for a minute.

Shad is good on the ground, not great but good enough that is where he wanted to be. Shad was thinking "Hang on and recover" and Page let him do it. When he goes home and sees the tape of how bad Rashad was hurt he is going to be even more pissed than he is now.. Rashad's eyes were glassed over he was hurt bad....

BlackSwordsMan
05-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Holy shit

BlackSwordsMan
05-30-2010, 12:13 AM
holy fuck

BlackSwordsMan
05-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Holy fucking shit wow tim fucking duncan

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 12:17 AM
simple rust

If you could see other fights rampage always came quick in the fights. Now he got caught and that set up the pace which QJ was not ready for

Rust and being out of shape for camp.. That is where Page killed himself for this fight. When i heard on Primetime that he came into camp at 250 pds i paused big time. All he had to do was watch his damn diet and he would have come in at like 230.. I was worried all day about that but thought his experience would carry him through. But it didn't. He let Shad off the hook and was outworked by the more dedicated fighter

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Rampage can beat Rashad

he 100% can but he needs to work harder and fuck the layoffs.. Promote your movie this summer and get back in the fucking GYM!!!!

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Rust and being out of shape for camp.. That is where Page killed himself for this fight. When i heard on Primetime that he came into camp at 250 pds i paused big time. All he had to do was watch his damn diet and he would have come in at like 230.. I was worried all day about that but thought his experience would carry him through. But it didn't. He let Shad off the hook and was outworked by the more dedicated fighter

Maybe not out of shape. He was in shape after the camp. He got down to 220 and then was making the last cut. That is huge and the body responds.

UR right, he should not be out of shape before the camp, but I don't know if he knew he is gonna be back. Dolce said he was training that year secretly - I do not believe it.

take fedor for example. he might not fight in long streaches but he trains all the time

All that and rust and Shads quickness and gameplan was too much unforunately.
Fuck.
I was so sure that glass jaw will previel ...

I had pleasure to talk with a guy who is a co-oner of biggest polish mma organzation. he said that evans will win I said Rampage gonna take it with KO

damn I'm pissed after what Evas was saying.

And I do see Evans matching up with Shogun good (like he said few minutes ago) unfortunately

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 12:33 AM
ps. If you do not understand something from my posts just say :)

I ment that I thought that glass jaw of shad will come to play as rampage can end the fights with one shot

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 12:37 AM
I really feel the Page that beat Hendo and Chuck would have won tonight by KO. But that is not the Page that stepped into the cage. The Physical talent is still there but the drive and consistant work ethic is not.. That is where Shad earned my respect tonight. He is a fighter and only a fighter where as Page's other interests clearly costs him one of the biggest fights of his career.

He can come back

i do think there will be a rematch as long as Page gets it together with his training. I expect Shogun to whip Rashad, so Page needs a fight in between..

win and get a rematch..

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 12:40 AM
ps. If you do not understand something from my posts just say :)

Your English has come along great Poland

You're doing great.. :toast

Maybe not out of shape. He was in shape after the camp. He got down to 220 and then was making the last cut. That is huge and the body responds.

True but think about how many weeks he was training not in top shape compared to Shad who never got out of shape. He is always training and not taking layoffs where he gains huge amounts of weight. You know when Shad found out that Page was in camp out of shape it only fired him up more

how could it not???

Stringer_Bell
05-30-2010, 12:40 AM
First things first, I missed some of the opening fight because TW Cable put some bullshit purchase pin lock on my shit and I had no idea how to buy it. I caved in at the last minute, but eventually got it working only to discover...

Diego vs Hathaway - The first thing I saw was a huge knee to Diego's face. Fuck, not again. He looked nothing like I expected, and Hathaway showed some real smarts. It's amazing that someone as big as Hathaway can be WW, but Diego looked like he didn't have any idea the size or caliber of fighter he was fighting. HIS CORNER IS SHIT! HIS SENSE OF URGENCY IS SHIT! I am very sad. :(

Nogueira vs Brilz - Great fight from the underdog, he definately deserved the decision but was very humble. I have no doubt Dana will remember him stepping up and putting in a great effort tonight, looking forward to his next fight!

Duffee vs Russow - WTF. I kept waiting for Russow's head to unscrew, then all of the sudden Duffee is on the floor and gets rabbit punched for the KO.

Bisping vs Miller - Bisping has been a new fighter since losing to Hendo, and he continued to show improvements tonight. My only problem with him as a fighter is that he can take anyone to a decision and win, but I don't think he can finish anyone in the upper tier of MW. That's what I'd really like to see from him.

Jackson vs Evans - Rashad showed Diego the importance of a good corner, strategy, and sense of urgency. Rampage is bigger, meaner, and has better instincts than Rashad...but Rashad kept things off balance and put in even more work to increase his already solid speed and cardio advantage. Glad to see both guys left out the shit talk when it was done. Shogun vs Evans is gonna be awesome, as is Rampage vs Machida!

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Diego vs Hathaway - The first thing I saw was a huge knee to Diego's face. Fuck, not again. He looked nothing like I expected, and Hathaway showed some real smarts. It's amazing that someone as big as Hathaway can be WW, but Diego looked like he didn't have any idea the size or caliber of fighter he was fighting. HIS CORNER IS SHIT! HIS SENSE OF URGENCY IS SHIT! I am very sad. :(

Sucks but Diego is done.. He looked so bad tonight i was amazed. No striking or wrestling whatsoever. He also looked slow which is puzzling since he is a small WW

CubanSucks
05-30-2010, 12:46 AM

What did he do? I didn't watch

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 12:49 AM
I really feel the Page that beat Hendo and Chuck would have won tonight by KO. But that is not the Page that stepped into the cage. The Physical talent is still there but the drive and consistant work ethic is not.. That is where Shad earned my respect tonight. He is a fighter and only a fighter where as Page's other interests clearly costs him one of the biggest fights of his career.
Umm just like Carwin ? :)

I know carwin does not gets out of shape but is not all in fighting as he has other job.

True but think about how many weeks he was training not in top shape compared to Shad who never got out of shape. He is always training and not taking layoffs where he gains huge amounts of weight. You know when Shad found out that Page was in camp out of shape it only fired him up more

how could it not???

We do agree on this

--------------
Damn I met a fine girl which is huge mma fan for a long time ... :(

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 12:51 AM
What did he do? I didn't watch

Some boooos came and he said there are no losers in cage and that

But I would need to listen to it again as I was still stunned

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 12:52 AM
We'll see what happens

We have not seen the last of Page, he will come back.. How big he comes back is 100% up to him..

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 12:54 AM
We'll see what happens

We have not seen the last of Page, he will come back.. How big he comes back is 100% up to him..

Yea if he gonna have motivation now?

maybe Forest for a rematch ?

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Yea if he gonna have motivation now?

maybe Forest for a rematch ?

Yes on that.. Great motivation for him to stay in shape and get back

Good night guys

Dissapointing but a pleasure to chat..

LakerHater
05-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Rampage screwed up!

9enaZ3-G9Cs

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Rampage screwed up!

9enaZ3-G9Cs

Page in shape finishes that fuckin fight...

He fucked up BAD!!

Learn from it and come back better

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 01:20 AM
Fuck I'm pissed !!

Ok I am going to church now seeYA

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Sherdog PBP

Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans
Round 1
Evans catches Jackson with a right hand. Jackson stumbles to the fence and recovers as he ties up his rival. Jackson knees the body from the inside as Evans pushes him against the fence. Evans hits the body with his left hand and drops for a single that is easily defended by Jackson. Evans tries to trip Jackson to the floor and referee Herb Dean steps in to restart the fighters in the center of the Octagon. Jackson opens up with his hands and Evans smoothly drops levels for a powerful, driving takedown against the fence. Evans lands directly into side control, but Jackson is able to get to half guard. Jackson uses his back against the cage to stand and eats a right hand in the process. Jackson throws Evans around a bit with a whizzer, but he can’t get off the fence. Dean asks for action as the fighters fight for position against the fencing. Dean acts and separates the men with 20 seconds left. Jackson sprawls on a shot and Jackson unloads his hands at the horn, though nothing lands.

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Evans
Tomas Rios scores the round 10-9 Evans
Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Evans

Round 2
Evans avoids a punching flurry to tie up with Jackson against the cage. Jackson has neck control and Evans backs away. Evans rushes right back in to clinch against the fence. The crowd is unappreciative of the technique. Dean asks for action as Rashad leans on his opponent. Dean moves the fighters to the center of the Octagon. Jackson jabs and then hesitates to throw his right hand behind it as Evans is long gone. Evans is using excellent footwork to stay away from Jackson’s power. Evans moves forward and lands an uppercut before going back to the fence in the clinch. Again boos are heard from the crowd. Evans engages in a hand battle for wrist control and then drops down for a double. Jackson sees it coming and gets out of harm’s way.

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-10
Tomas Rios scores the round 10-9 Jackson
Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Evans

Round 3
A minute passes before the fighters engage. The crowd is furious and Jackson is patiently cutting off the cage. Jackson traps Evans and floors him with a right hand. Jackson pounces and lands heavy leather and an elbow on the face of Evans. Dean looks like he’s close to stopping it, but he wisely lets the fight unfold. Evans gets a grip of the situation and ties up his opponent. Evans uses nice leg work from guard to get to his feet. Evans gets a powerful single-leg takedown and he’s in a good position to work from half guard. Evans peppers the face of Jackson with right hands. Jackson turns his back and gets to his feet, only to be taken back down. Evans lands punches with his left hand as Jackson again turns his back in an effort to stand. Jackson makes it to his feet and lands a knee to the body before time runs out.

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Jackson (29-29 Draw)
Tomas Rios scores the round 10-10 (29-29 Draw)
Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Evans (30-27 Evans)

Interesting, nothing much happened in the 2nd rd and i gave Rampage the 3rd but it felt like Evans won

IMO he did

I'm still baffled how Page thought it was better to GNP Shad than stand up and let it go on the feet in round 3. He landed some good GNP at first but then Shad got better position and at that point he needed to stand.. He just wasted more energy jockeying for position. That moment is gonna haunt him a long ass time

Shit Page!!!

Stringer_Bell
05-30-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm still baffled how Page thought it was better to GNP Shad than stand up and let it go on the feet in round 3. He landed some good GNP at first but then Shad got better position and at that point he needed to stand.. He just wasted more energy jockeying for position. That moment is gonna haunt him a long ass time

I don't think it will. To more or less be losing the match until haflway through the 3rd, then almost take out the guy when you're gassed...it's just the way the cookie crumbles and it's not like the loses to Forrest or Shogun (which, while different, can leave the same kind of sting). He got beat and he accepts it, just as I thought. If Rashad lost, he'd do the same. :p:

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't think it will. To more or less be losing the match until haflway through the 3rd, then almost take out the guy when you're gassed...it's just the way the cookie crumbles and it's not like the loses to Forrest or Shogun (which, while different, can leave the same kind of sting). He got beat and he accepts it, just as I thought. If Rashad lost, he'd do the same. :p:

Page said it is gonna haunt him at the presser..

I want to see a rematch but Page better get more serious full time

BTW where does Diego go from here???

He looked done..

tlongII
05-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Shitty card last night. I was expecting a lot more action. I'm just glad I only had to pay 5 bucks to see it.

Stringer_Bell
05-30-2010, 12:47 PM

He looked done..

Alright, I didn't see any post-fight stuff other than in the ring.

Diego, as disappointed as he was when Jackson's camp took on GSP, needs to find a way back there. Raw skill (which he didn't even show last night) and a good chin are no use against the best fighters in each division (much less rising fighters like Hathaway). His coaches are shit, he can't work the ground game if he can't take anyone down. And he can't take anyone down if he doesn't make people afraid of his strikes.

We've seen this before tho, he's lost 2 matches in a row. The difference is, he was healthy for these fights and actually got dominated. He's only 28, there's still fuel left in the tank, but he's missing the corner, the gameplan, and probably some of the hunger. I think he'll rebound, but he's gotta get it out of his head that toughness and the ability to absorb punishment is going to work anymore - the game is changing fast.

Where is Des so we can ask about Amir? :(

tlongII
05-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Amir sucked last night. He was controlled throughout the fight. Another lackluster performance and a thoroughly uninteresting fight.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 01:15 PM
The Amir fight did suck. I like Amir a lot and was really dissapointed by his bad TDD. He's got a lot to work on..

Too many people i see were wrongly expecting a slug-fest with Page and Shad. I see that all over the MMA boards today around the web. I get it because you buy into this whole grudge match hype the UFC was selling however educated MMA fans knew different. Rashad was never going to trade with Page in the center of the ring, he was going to try and outwork him for a decision, using wrestling and some striking. Page needed to make Rashad fight him way more than he did. If he was in better shape i think he would have

but he wasn't..

resistanze
05-30-2010, 01:30 PM
The Amir fight did suck. I like Amir a lot and was really dissapointed by his bad TDD. He's got a lot to work on..

Too many people i see were wrongly expecting a slug-fest with Page and Shad. I see that all over the MMA boards today around the web. I get it because you buy into this whole grudge match hype the UFC was selling however educated MMA fans knew different. Rashad was never going to trade with Page in the center of the ring, he was going to try and outwork him for a decision, using wrestling and some striking. Page needed to make Rashad fight him way more than he did. If he was in better shape i think he would have

but he wasn't..
Yup...pretty much.

I told my friend at the gym on Friday that it's either going to be a decision for Shad or a KO by Page. I was really hoping for the latter, but oh well. Rampage simply didn't look good out there.

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 01:52 PM

He looked done..

I don't know why but this fight set a bad day for me [as it started something past 6am]. All day long. I never thought it will bother me that much.
Really I would care less as I liked rampege a lot and shad was okay. But after Shads shit talking? Damn I was screeming for a KO for Page.
This is one of the worst oif not the worst loss for me in MMA.

As for diego. Man breiden we are thinking about the same I guess. During the fight I was wondering. Ahh now what Diego? Dominated by BJ and now going up the division wanting to prove you the elite figfhter against some young prospect? What's next?
Well I figured nothing. He is gonna fight his fights. I never was high on Diego. He is just intense guy but his striking is not great esp. the defense. HE's got suspecious ground as well to be polite.
Hathaway is much more well rounded and the guy is talented that's why I picked him to win and he is one of my favorite fighters. great attitude guy.

Todd Duffee - well I'm not that impressed. At first I was all wows about his speed and boxing abilities. But that's it. I think he is the fastest striker in HWDas far as hands go and moving.
Still he never used his legs. Also we do not know his ground game. he did not allowed Russow to go to the ground, obvious reason.
But all in all long way to go.
That KO punch was funny though, it seemed like he has glass jaw. But you never know the shot was well twisted. But hmm Todd's electricity switched off totally.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 02:04 PM
BJ and GSP 2 was my all time fight that i was through the roof emotionally invested in. This was a close 2nd for me for sure. I was pulling for Page hard, i have never like Rashad or his ego. Page is my fav 205 er. I was in knots before that main event started but sadly you could see the better training and game-plan from Rashad right away. Page just has to get on top of things with that aspect of himself. His window is starting to close as he will be 32 this month.. He's got to do it now.. No more layoffs or bad camps

Focus Quinton...

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 02:14 PM
BJ and GSP 2 was my all time fight that i was through the roof emotionally invested in. This was a close 2nd for me for sure. I was pulling for Page hard, i have never like Rashad or his ego. Page is my fav 205 er. I was in knots before that main event started but sadly you could see the better training and game-plan from Rashad right away. Page just has to get on top of things with that aspect of himself. His window is starting to close as he will be 32 this month.. He's got to do it now.. No more layoffs or bad camps

Focus Quinton...

Well said. My tension went down somewhere down the 1st round and I got bit sad saying well fuck he's not gonna do much.
Then the third round I was almost screaming finish him Rampage !!!
But he didn't. Maybe really he was gassed that much. Then he lets Shad recover and that was it.
Quinton after the fight were throwing some fucks. He knew he could do better.
I think even Rogan wanted Page to win this fight. But as commentary guy he stayed objective.

CubanSucks
05-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Rampage vs. Thiago Silva

Make that shit happen. I don't think there's any way that fight goes the distance or even to the ground. I'm drooling over this fight and it's not even set up

The TroutBum
05-30-2010, 02:35 PM
I have to say that I was excited for this whole card. Here's what I mean:
1) The return of Nightmare 'Dirty' Sanchez, (oh man, he's gonna CREAM this no-name new guy)
2) My first good look at Little Nog since the Pride days, (oh man, another ass kicking -- kinda feel bad for the guy he's going to kill; rookie, short notice, whole world against him, etc.)
3) I get to watch Michael "The Cunning Runt" Bisping get smacked around and submitted by a legit BJJ black belt.
4) I get to see two up and coming HW's throw down -- one of them owning the UFC record for fastest knockout, the other a solid BJJ black belt.
5) And of course, I get to see some Black on Black crime. Boo ya.

--------------------- what really happened --------------------------

1) Sanchez came out slow and out of shape. Got rocked early and often, couldn't get the fight to the ground, couldn't handle the new guys speed and power. Long boring decision loss.
2) "Little Nog" looked more like "Old Log", as in, "The one I pinched out this afternoon that looked like a 73 year old Brazilian" -- He looked SO bad that I was cheering for the no-name guy throughout the third round, and BOOOOO'D when he was robbed on that decision. I originally wanted Nog, but he looked horrid. On the flip side, I've got a new favorite underdog to cheer for -- dude was classy in defeat.
3) I thought that since the dude was saying pre fight, "I'm gonna submit him!" etc, that he'd at least ATTEMPT a submission. Wrong. A slightly entertaining fight, since we saw a couple of hay-makers connect, but again, another boring 3 round decision.
4) Obviously, I was cheering for the flabby white guy. What a terribly boring fight... right until Mr. Flab knocked muscle-boy out cold and shocked the world.
5) Words can't describe how disappointed I was with this so-called 'grudge match'. SO much trash talk before the fight, and not one drop afterword. I hate both of these fighters, but was looking forward to some fireworks and some mad trash talkin by the winner -- instead we got ANOTHER long boring decision with both fighters not taking a SINGLE opportunity to talk smack to each other. What a terrific waste of time.

Overall, one of the worst cards I've ever seen. If I wanted to watch fight after fight stay on their feet and go to a decision, I'd watch Boxing. There wasn't a SINGLE good submission attempt all night long. Not one! The grappling was non-existent, and the stand-up was Strikeforce quality. The prelims on SPIKE were more entertaining, imo. However, I can't wait to watch Sho Gun just BATTER Rashad's legs and body with kicks. He's gonna wipe that cocky ass cheese-dick grin off of his cock catching face.

Highlight of the night? The Mirko Crocop interview: "Right leg, hospital. Left leg, cemetery." Gods, I LOVE that guy.

The TroutBum
05-30-2010, 02:36 PM

Where you at, gay boy?

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 02:53 PM
I have to say that I was excited for this whole card. Here's what I mean:
1) The return of Nightmare 'Dirty' Sanchez, (oh man, he's gonna CREAM this no-name new guy)
2) My first good look at Little Nog since the Pride days, (oh man, another ass kicking -- kinda feel bad for the guy he's going to kill; rookie, short notice, whole world against him, etc.)
3) I get to watch Michael "The Cunning Runt" Bisping get smacked around and submitted by a legit BJJ black belt.
4) I get to see two up and coming HW's throw down -- one of them owning the UFC record for fastest knockout, the other a solid BJJ black belt.
5) And of course, I get to see some Black on Black crime. Boo ya.

--------------------- what really happened --------------------------

1) Sanchez came out slow and out of shape. Got rocked early and often, couldn't get the fight to the ground, couldn't handle the new guys speed and power. Long boring decision loss.
2) "Little Nog" looked more like "Old Log", as in, "The one I pinched out this afternoon that looked like a 73 year old Brazilian" -- He looked SO bad that I was cheering for the no-name guy throughout the third round, and BOOOOO'D when he was robbed on that decision. I originally wanted Nog, but he looked horrid. On the flip side, I've got a new favorite underdog to cheer for -- dude was classy in defeat.
3) I thought that since the dude was saying pre fight, "I'm gonna submit him!" etc, that he'd at least ATTEMPT a submission. Wrong. A slightly entertaining fight, since we saw a couple of hay-makers connect, but again, another boring 3 round decision.
4) Obviously, I was cheering for the flabby white guy. What a terribly boring fight... right until Mr. Flab knocked muscle-boy out cold and shocked the world.
5) Words can't describe how disappointed I was with this so-called 'grudge match'. SO much trash talk before the fight, and not one drop afterword. I hate both of these fighters, but was looking forward to some fireworks and some mad trash talkin by the winner -- instead we got ANOTHER long boring decision with both fighters not taking a SINGLE opportunity to talk smack to each other. What a terrific waste of time.

Overall, one of the worst cards I've ever seen. If I wanted to watch fight after fight stay on their feet and go to a decision, I'd watch Boxing. There wasn't a SINGLE good submission attempt all night long. Not one! The grappling was non-existent, and the stand-up was Strikeforce quality. The prelims on SPIKE were more entertaining, imo. However, I can't wait to watch Sho Gun just BATTER Rashad's legs and body with kicks. He's gonna wipe that cocky ass cheese-dick grin off of his cock catching face.

Highlight of the night? The Mirko Crocop interview: "Right leg, hospital. Left leg, cemetery." Gods, I LOVE that guy.

Where you at, gay boy?

Your Fuckin Hilarious Trout.. :lol

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Trout expected a slugfest

:shootme

The TroutBum
05-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Trout expected a slugfest

:shootme

Nah, I didn't expect a slug-fest. Actually, if you go read my post, I'm not a big fan of 'slug fests' - I prefer a good grappling/wrestling/submission match WAY more than a stand up battle. (which is why I can't stand watching boxing)

I was just upset at ALL the hype surrounding how much those two HATED each other, and yet, not a single smidgen of trash talk after the fight. LAME.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 03:09 PM
I just rewatced the fight it was compettive but boring at times for sure. Rd 2 had nothing going on at all. Shad clinching and trying to work on the cage but not doing much. Page did not work hard enough to get better position on the cage and get free for stand-up exchanges. Round 3 i give to Page because of the damage he did but Shad really turned it around towards the end of the round. I'd probably go round 1 Shad, Round 2 Shad (Not by much
it was a horrendous Round) Round 3 Page.

You could really see Page was kicking himself at the post fight presser, he knows he is waaaaaay better than what he showed out there..

polandprzem
05-30-2010, 03:58 PM
I just rewatced the fight it was compettive but boring at times for sure. Rd 2 had nothing going on at all. Shad clinching and trying to work on the cage but not doing much. Page did not work hard enough to get better position on the cage and get free for stand-up exchanges. Round 3 i give to Page because of the damage he did but Shad really turned it around towards the end of the round. I'd probably go round 1 Shad, Round 2 Shad (Not by much
it was a horrendous Round) Round 3 Page.

You could really see Page was kicking himself at the post fight presser, he knows he is waaaaaay better than what he showed out there..

Yea I just watched a presser depresser

rampage looked doomed by his performance and said that he almost regrets he made the movie.
But still respective. Too much as for Rampage.

Trout - Brlitz - Nog fight was a good grappling match.
hathaway looked impressive again and Bisping fight was not that bad.

Hype is one thing. Gameplans now in todays MMA are much more important. Like Dana said in the conference - they not gonna run at each other.
Most viewers do not like the fights where there are no big shots blood etc. They do not care about technique, well they do not even

desflood
05-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Where is Des so we can ask about Amir? :(
Family emergency; flew up to MI Tuesday, just got back a couple of hours ago. Haven't even seen the fights yet.

The TroutBum
05-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Family emergency; flew up to MI Tuesday, just got back a couple of hours ago. Haven't even seen the fights yet.

Blech, hope everything is ok.

dbreiden83080
05-31-2010, 04:22 PM

No rush none of them were great

Hope all is well..

desflood
06-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Lots of medical suspensions coming out of this one.

•Dan Miller: Suspended until June 29 with no contact until June 20 due to upper-eyelid laceration

•Todd Duffee: Suspended until July 14 with no contact until June 29 for precautionary reasons

•Mike Russow: Suspended until Nov. 26 due to broken left ulna/forearm, though can be cleared early by orthopedic doctor; regardless, suspended until July 14 with no contact until June 29 due to upper-eyelid laceration

•Diego Sanchez: Suspended indefinitely until cleared by ophthalmologist for possible right-eye corneal abrasion; regardless, suspended until June 29 with no contact until June 20 for left-eye laceration

•Amir Sadollah: Suspended until Nov. 26 due to possible right-hand and right-ankle injuries, though can be cleared early an orthopedic doctor following X-rays; regardless, suspended until June 29 with no contact until June 20 for precautionary reasons

•Dong Hyun Kim: Suspended until June 20 with no contact until June 13 due to right-eyelid laceration

•Efrain Escudero: Suspended until July 14 with no contact until June 29 due to scalp and left-eyelid lacerations

•Waylon Lowe: Suspended until Nov. 26 due to possible chest injury, though can be cleared early an orthopedic doctor following X-rays; regardless, suspended until June 29 with no contact until June 20 for precautionary reasons

•Luiz Cane: Suspended until Nov. 26 due to fractured left-maxillary sinus and nose injuries, though can be cleared early by ear-nose-throat doctor

•Jesse Forbes: Suspended until June 13 with no contact until June 6 for precautionary reasons

dbreiden83080
06-04-2010, 08:20 PM
I just rewatched it again and 2 things

1) The fight was an obvious dissapointment and

2) I had it a draw or Shad barely winning.

RD 2 is the round i am talking about. Nothing happened in the damn round. Shad tried to lean on Page and get the takedown but never got it. Whatever he threw Page blocked, when in the center of the ring Page was in pursuit, but did not land. I am not big on giving a guy a round because he put your back on the cage and waited out some clock. That it was Randy did to Vera and i had Vera winning those pts, because he is successfully defending the takedowns. Anyway not a great fight but seeing it back a few times i have it 10-9 Evans, 10-10 Even. 10-9 Page. Rd 3 was very very close.. SO much of seeing this stuff on PPV is the commentating. You score the rounds like they do usually..

So a draw to me. I have no issue at all with the judges score, as seeing it live sure felt to me like Shad had won. But this was a very dissapointing fight in the career of Page.. That is for sure.

polandprzem
06-05-2010, 03:02 AM
You had to remind me?

Fucking Shad :pctoss

The TroutBum
06-08-2010, 11:58 PM

Just sayin... I'm working on something for you, it's going to be epic.

I'm not sure how long you should have to keep it up though, since we didn't really agree on a time limit. Thoughts?

polandprzem
06-10-2010, 02:31 AM
I've got a sig idea

What about epic sig ?

It's catchy and all

:)

dbreiden83080
06-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Just sayin... I'm working on something for you, it's going to be epic.

I'm not sure how long you should have to keep it up though, since we didn't really agree on a time limit. Thoughts?

Sokoudjou Sucks Donkey Balls..

The TroutBum
06-12-2010, 10:03 PM
sokoudjou sucks donkey balls..

+1

Stringer_Bell
06-12-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't get the Sokoudjou hate, he's fun to watch get beat up and occasionally when he goes ballistic he is very entertaining in the ring. :greedy

dbreiden83080
06-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Soko is cool

He just sucks..

Blackjack
06-12-2010, 10:38 PM
I've been avoiding this thread in hopes that somehow the results would change or that I just heard an erroneous report of Rampage's defeat. Now if you'll excuse me while I place my fingers in my ears, speak gibberish loudly and pretend I never heard or saw this result or thread . . .

dbreiden83080
06-12-2010, 10:42 PM
UFC 114 fuckin sucked hard

Page really blew it. That dude has like 3 more years to get it together. Window is closing..