PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James to Chicago

ChrisRichards
05-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Seriously. Why not. New coach, great market,loyal fanbase, better than Cleveland as a city. Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah and Lol Deng. Rumors has it the Lakers are willing to trade Bynum for Kirk Hinrich and some future 1st round picks.

Out of all the teams out there who has the capacity to sign Lebron, Chicago is the next big thing after Cleveland.

Plus, Lebron is wearing # 6 anyway. He'll have a chance to one up his idol Michael Jordan.

Goran Dragic
05-12-2010, 04:58 PM
All I know is Chicago deciding to sign with the Bulls would officially make the City of Cleveland Joakim Noah's bitch.

Allanon
05-12-2010, 04:58 PM
No to Chicago because of Jordan's shadow and shitty ownership

Yes to Chicago due to big city, solid team.

I still say it's New York/Jersey.

At this point, I'd give Lebron only a 10% chance of staying in Cleveland.

1. New York
2. New Jersey
3. Miami
4. Chicago
5. Dallas
6. Los Angeles
7. Houston
8. Cleveland

ChrisRichards
05-12-2010, 05:02 PM
No to Chicago because of Jordan's shadow and shitty ownership

Yes to Chicago due to big city, solid team.

I still say it's New York/Jersey.

At this point, I'd give Lebron only a 10% chance of staying in Cleveland.

1. New York
2. New Jersey
3. Miami
4. Chicago
5. Dallas
6. Los Angeles
7. Houston

Allanon you're my boy despite of our difference with Kome, but no way in hell Lebron joins New Jersey or Miami and becomes Wade's Pippen.

The Gemini Method
05-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Allanon you're my boy despite of our difference with Kome, but no way in hell Lebron joins New Jersey or Miami and becomes Wade's Pippen.

I would say New York would be no.1 but you cannot discount the Russian Billionaire and Jay-Z @ NJ...that is close in proximity of the NYC and the friendship is pretty big. I say, though, he more than likely ends up as a Knick...

ChrisRichards
05-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I would say New York would be no.1 but you cannot discount the Russian Billionaire and Jay-Z @ NJ...that is close in proximity of the NYC and the friendship is pretty big. I say, though, he more than likely ends up as a Knick...

Hmmm , would be interesting to say the least. I still think he ends up in New York or Chicago but Chicago is ideally the best place for him.

Cane
05-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Chicago has the best young core group of players for a max player but he won't be going. Paxson will fight whoever coaches there, Noah took a shit on Cleveland, and James is much more of a fan of NYC than the windy city.

The Gemini Method
05-12-2010, 05:22 PM
I would also venture to think that as much as LeBron says he idolizes Jordan, I think he would want to make sure (counting on his ego) that his so-called "legacy" would be somewhere that there isn't his Airness is the premiere teammate. So, that would more than likely put him in NYC. Again, I do think it'll be an interesting few months.

HarlemHeat37
05-12-2010, 05:37 PM
There's a 0% chance Lebron goes to Chicago..he isn't playing where Jordan made his name, it just won't happen..I don't think any superstar is willing to take that risk TBH, these guys all have massive egos..

It's Cleveland, New York or Brooklyn..

JamStone
05-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Why would having a "new coach" especially when no one knows who that "new coach" is yet be something that would appeal to LeBron as a free agent?

The Gemini Method
05-12-2010, 05:42 PM
There's a 0% chance Lebron goes to Chicago..he isn't playing where Jordan made his name, it just won't happen..I don't think any superstar is willing to take that risk TBH, these guys all have massive egos..

LeBron's ego is probably = or > Jordan's...

Though, egotistical Kobe did stay with a franchise that had arguably the best PG in history in Magic...arguably the best center in the game in Wilt...and still manage to embark on his own niche in that lore.

ChrisRichards
05-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Why would having a "new coach" especially when no one knows who that "new coach" is yet be something that would appeal to LeBron as a free agent?
Uh, Why not? After playing under an incompetent coach for years, why is having an open spot for a coach to your liking not appealing for a player?

clambake
05-12-2010, 06:24 PM
why would dallas trade lebron to chicago?

djohn2oo8
05-12-2010, 08:26 PM

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard, who is close with members of James' inner circle, fanned the flames early Wednesday in a TV appearance, saying the Bulls are James' No. 1 option should he leave the Cavaliers.

The Tribune alluded to similar rumors last week when it wrote about Kentucky coach John Calipari attending a Bulls-Cavaliers playoff games with James' respected agent, Leon Rose. Calipari is close with James, and Calipari and Rose sat courtside in Cleveland during the Cavaliers' disappointing Game 5 loss.

But any reports about James' July plans are speculative. Just as there is buzz around the league about his respect for the Bulls, there are other reports about James' respect for the Lakers' triangle offense. Or that he hasn't made up his mind yet, etc., etc.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/lebron-mania-picking-up-steam.html

JamStone
05-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Uh, Why not? After playing under an incompetent coach for years, why is having an open spot for a coach to your liking not appealing for a player?

Because we don't know who that new head coach is. The Bulls could easily hire a coach LeBron thinks is just as incompetent as Mike Brown or more so. It's not like Paxson has a great track record in making the right decisions.

BRHornet45
05-13-2010, 12:08 AM
sons Lebron is going to Utah to play with the white boys

ChrisRichards
05-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Because we don't know who that new head coach is. The Bulls could easily hire a coach LeBron thinks is just as incompetent as Mike Brown or more so. It's not like Paxson has a great track record in making the right decisions.
What makes you think the Bulls wont wait at least until June to hire a coach?

milkshakeballa
05-13-2010, 12:53 AM
ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard, who is close with members of James' inner circle, fanned the flames early Wednesday in a TV appearance, saying the Bulls are James' No. 1 option should he leave the Cavaliers.

The Tribune alluded to similar rumors last week when it wrote about Kentucky coach John Calipari attending a Bulls-Cavaliers playoff games with James' respected agent, Leon Rose. Calipari is close with James, and Calipari and Rose sat courtside in Cleveland during the Cavaliers' disappointing Game 5 loss.

But any reports about James' July plans are speculative. Just as there is buzz around the league about his respect for the Bulls, there are other reports about James' respect for the Lakers' triangle offense. Or that he hasn't made up his mind yet, etc., etc.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/lebron-mania-picking-up-steam.html

If it's what I watched that is bullshit.

Broussard just said it is his gut feeling he would land in Chi town. Not Bron's choice.

BULLSHIT journalism there to create hits.

milkshakeballa
05-13-2010, 12:56 AM
What makes you think the Bulls wont wait at least until June to hire a coach?

Speak on it Chris

milkshakeballa
05-13-2010, 01:44 AM
Rumors has it the Lakers are willing to trade Bynum for Kirk Hinrich and some future 1st round picks.

Oh and :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Since we BALKED at trading Adam fucking Morrison's expiring only ay this past deadline we will include Bynum for Hinrich this year...after we win back to back.

Ghazi
05-13-2010, 01:47 AM
why would dallas trade lebron to chicago?

Sisk
05-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Chicago is his best fit, but I don't think he'll do it

rayjayjohnson
05-13-2010, 02:28 AM
I think this is the number 1 choice for him.

think about it, changing his number for next year, clearing the way for playing for the bulls.

that's all i got.

Sisk
05-13-2010, 02:43 AM
this has probably been said and i'm probably stupid for saying it but

his number is 6 next year and jordan won 6 'ships
weird

mingus
05-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Broussard has rarely been right in his predictions. in fact, as far as i can remember, he's never been right. i don't know who his sources are. he probably hears voices in his head and calls them sources.

MiamiHeat
05-13-2010, 08:26 AM
its not over yet fellas.

Cleveland is perfectly capable of winning the next 2.