PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody disappointed in G Hills Choke Job?

silverblk mystix
05-12-2010, 09:44 PM
...because I am

Last season it seems we were all disappointed in Pop for not playing Hill more in the Mavs series.

This year he gets the chance---plays really,really well against the Mavs---then he receives universal praise...

I think the praise went to his head because---Game--1--of the suns proved to be a very big development;

Nash abused Hill and exposed him as a major defensive liability...and Hill never recovered.

Pop also did not help him by going with the same defense--this is where Hill failed---after the first game or two I was hoping that Hill's competitive nature would surface and he would compete...

but in my opinion---all he hid was CHOKE---in a really disappointing way.

I believe this was one of the biggest disappointments of the season and I would hope that he bounces back next season----but I will PUKE if I read another thread where someone wants to DUMP TP---and rely on this choker.

I know it sounds harsh but it is true---HILL has to prove himself still---he has NOT arrived yet---and I hope that people STOP praising him because PRAISE ---is the LAST thing he deserves.

SpursTillTheEnd
05-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Wtf are you talking about nash burnt the shit out of tp to

suitedkings
05-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Nope, its just you.

HankChinaski
05-12-2010, 09:54 PM
yeah I saw him too at KFC he almost died on that famous bowl they served him. He was like *Gack*Bargh*Huick* And I was like "Ahhh damn!"

Were you the cross dresser that ran over and gave him mouth to mouth? You sir....ma'm are a hero...ine

Bender
05-12-2010, 09:59 PM
nobody here ever thought hill was nash's equal...

BadMotorscooter
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
No.

rayray2k8
05-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Fail. :td

mikeschy55
05-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Roddy Beaubois> George Hill

BadMotorscooter
05-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Roddy Beaubois> George Hill

My sister>Dirk

Danny.Zhu
05-12-2010, 10:10 PM
I was so high on him after the Dallas serie. But as it turned out...

mikeschy55
05-12-2010, 10:12 PM
My sister>Dirk

here's a reminder of what he did to you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ5TUKA8Guw

Slinkyman
05-12-2010, 10:35 PM
...because I am

Last season it seems we were all disappointed in Pop for not playing Hill more in the Mavs series.

This year he gets the chance---plays really,really well against the Mavs---then he receives universal praise...

I think the praise went to his head because---Game--1--of the suns proved to be a very big development;

Nash abused Hill and exposed him as a major defensive liability...and Hill never recovered.

Pop also did not help him by going with the same defense--this is where Hill failed---after the first game or two I was hoping that Hill's competitive nature would surface and he would compete...

but in my opinion---all he hid was CHOKE---in a really disappointing way.

I believe this was one of the biggest disappointments of the season and I would hope that he bounces back next season----but I will PUKE if I read another thread where someone wants to DUMP TP---and rely on this choker.

I know it sounds harsh but it is true---HILL has to prove himself still---he has NOT arrived yet---and I hope that people STOP praising him because PRAISE ---is the LAST thing he deserves.

Nash is one of the best PG in the game, one of the best ever. He burns everybody. The only guy that could stick with him was bowen. The suns were just the better team, no choke here, time to get over it.

ChumpDumper
05-12-2010, 10:40 PM
He's quite good. I was pretty happy with him most of the season. Has a ways to go, but looks capable.

ducks
05-12-2010, 11:28 PM
I did not think he could guard nash
I thought he could guard one member of the suns though

slick'81
05-12-2010, 11:53 PM
nothing wrong with getting ur ass handed to you in your 2nd season by a future hall of famer g-$$$ will continue to learn and grow in sa

carina_gino20
05-13-2010, 01:51 AM
A little disappointed with his series against the Suns. But I don't think it was a choke job. He's still transitioning to the role of PG. His performance on Nash was as expected. Pop was a fool to put him on Nash starting from Game 1.

Plus, he's a #26 pick in what was essentially only his second playoff series. I think we've all been spoiled by TP and Manu and that's why we sometimes have very high expectations. I think Hill's performance the whole year was pretty good.

bigdog
05-13-2010, 02:07 AM
I thought Hill played pretty damn well all year, and had a decent game against Phoenix. Sure, he didn't guard Nash very well, but who does? Nash is one of the trickiest players in the world. I didn't expect Hill to go out there and have Nash figured out. He has a very bright future, and he must keep improving, but I'm satisfied with his play this year.

TheSpursFNRule
05-13-2010, 03:02 AM
this might be the most poorly written and poorly thought out thread I have ever read. This is coming from a guy with the username "thespursfnrule"

Capt Bringdown
05-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Still can't figure out how a 37 year old Nash made Hill look so damn slow.

megamanu
05-13-2010, 04:26 AM
/Flashback to Tony Parker threads during the 2003 playoffs

Waps1980
05-13-2010, 04:51 AM
Hill still would have been feeling his ankle, no way he had 100% from it.
I rolled mine 4 weeks before him and I'm still strapping the shit out of it and only getting 90% of my drive off my right leg, which sucks cos in my low level comp I can usually take most off the dribble but not at the moment.

Muser
05-13-2010, 04:51 AM
No, it's only the people who overrate the fuck out of him that are disappointed.

silverblk mystix
05-13-2010, 05:38 AM

but TP at least went back at Nash and scored often---and competed.

It just seems that Hill kinda let the big moment get the best of him and kinda wilted under pressure.

To be clear---I was only talking about the suns series---NOT the whole season.

I agree that Hill had a pretty good season overall and looks to have a bright future---but I feel that there are red flags also---because what if he disappears in the playoffs again---like Bonner---then that would be something else that will bite the spurs in the ass in the future.

pjjrfan
05-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Not really, he ran up against a determined and crafty Steve Nash and nothing had prepared him for that. He got shell shocked, but the guy will learn.

m33p0
05-13-2010, 06:20 AM
he didn't compete enough... allowed himself to get picked every time and settled on too many jumpers.

but maybe it's ankle.

Bukefal
05-13-2010, 06:28 AM
No, it's only the people who overrate the fuck out of him that are disappointed.

This

easy7
05-13-2010, 06:49 AM
I expected more from RJ than Hill.

Pauleta14
05-13-2010, 07:57 AM
no

sa_butta
05-13-2010, 08:03 AM
I hardly call a 2nd year player trying to guard an all star back to back MVP pg a choke job. BTW Hill was not out there by himself, Nash made everyone look silly out there.

Spurs7794
05-13-2010, 08:12 AM
A player can't have choked if he was a MAJOR reason we beat a number 2 seed in the first round. He took over game 4 and took over the second half of game 6 against Dallas. Sure he struggled against Phoenix, but we would still have the Mavericks monkey on the collective Spurs backs if it wasn't for Hill.

arakkus
05-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Unfortunately, alot of calls early in the season did not go his way when he was playing good aggressive in your face defense. Now he backs off avoids contact like the plague and its letting the offensive player feel very comfortable. My thinking is its got to be a mixture to keep the offensive player guessing or save up fouls for second half and then turn the screws. Way to conservative on defense especially with his speed and reach.

Offensively, just looks like a confidence problem. I think next year he will feel more comfortable stepping forward and taking those shots.

Quiet Strength
05-13-2010, 12:38 PM
It just wasn't a good series for hill.. then again it wasn't a good series for any spur. They all struggled.. even coaching. It wasn't just him that was disappointing.

beachwood
05-13-2010, 04:22 PM

Bingo.

Supreme_Being
05-13-2010, 05:34 PM
but TP at least went back at Nash and scored often---and competed.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, TP is an All-Star and can very well score on anyone and GHill is just on his second year? Dufus............

silverblk mystix
05-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, TP is an All-Star and can very well score on anyone and GHill is just on his second year? Dufus............

...of course it has...

this thread was basically started in response to all the people here who are ready to trade TP ---because G.Hill ---can take TP's place or run the point.

I like hill---and he had a good season---and he shows a lot of promise...

but he did disappear against the suns----for a number of reasons---not all of them his fault----but still it is worrisome to see what happened when faced with adversity....

AND---he is nowhere near---the level of TP...

Asshole

Frenzy
05-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Still can't figure out how a 37 year old Nash made Hill look so damn slow.

experience.

if you know the terrain and the back ways all the short cuts... you could be driving a pinto and still beat a porsche who is getting loss or taking the wrong turns.

carina_gino20
05-13-2010, 08:55 PM
but he did disappear against the suns----for a number of reasons---not all of them his fault----but still it is worrisome to see what happened when faced with adversity....

If I remember anything from jayc23's posts (he is Hill's childhood friend), it's that Hill has had a tough road to the NBA. Until now, he strikes me as someone who doesn't expect anything to be handed to him, unlike some players. He'll work his tail off this summer and come back better next season. He'll be fine.

angelbelow
05-13-2010, 09:13 PM
hmm.. what choke job? overall he played great in the playoffs and without him we probably wouldnt be in the 2nd round.

Chief
05-14-2010, 12:43 AM
I think the spurs lack of aquiring talent since tim tony manu don't realize he was in his 2ND YEAR, wtf are u expecting.

Josepatches_
05-14-2010, 09:43 AM

this

Josepatches_
05-14-2010, 09:52 AM
...of course it has...

this thread was basically started in response to all the people here who are ready to trade TP ---because G.Hill ---can take TP's place or run the point.

I like hill---and he had a good season---and he shows a lot of promise...

AND---he is nowhere near---the level of TP...

Asshole

:lmao:lmao

Who said Hill>Parker?

People are ready to trade Parker because we need a lot to be a tittle contender again and Parker has the better trade value,not becasue Hill is better than him

If we can get Bosh for Hill then it would be better.If we can get Bosh for Mason+Bonner it would be even better.

in2deep
05-14-2010, 09:55 AM
People are ready to trade Parker because we need a lot to be a tittle contender again and Parker has the better trade value,not becasue Hill is better than him

:tu

silverblk mystix
05-14-2010, 10:18 AM
:tu

...but when people talk about trading TP---they always say that Hill can run the point---

I don't think so.

carina_gino20
05-14-2010, 10:40 AM
...but when people talk about trading TP---they always say that Hill can run the point---

I don't think so.

Realistic people only say they'll trade TP for another elite PG, which is very unlikely to happen.

jjvalerieD
05-14-2010, 10:59 AM
I expected more from RJ than Hill.

me toooooooooooo...

cantthinkofanything
05-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Hill still would have been feeling his ankle, no way he had 100% from it.
I rolled mine 4 weeks before him and I'm still strapping the shit out of it and only getting 90% of my drive off my right leg, which sucks cos in my low level comp I can usually take most off the dribble but not at the moment.

Right. It's exactly the same thing.

EmptyMan
05-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Hill is one of the two main reasons the Spurs beat the Mavs. He gets a free pass for shit defense against the Suns.

FkLA
05-15-2010, 02:46 AM
You know I was just going to let this thread go until I read a couple of comments from Parker homers...people overrate the fuck out of Hill? Like megamanu said take a look at 2003, where a 2nd year Parker showed flashes of brilliance but also was benched in favor of Speedy fucking Claxton in fourth quarters of more than a couple of crucial games.

Hill is legit regardless of his struggles in the Phoenix series, most up and coming players have their up and downs. Besides the struggles were pretty much throughout the team, not just Hill.

lotr1trekkie
05-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Hill is a keeper. Nash is a great point who embarrasess many. George will learn to attack him next season. He has a hi learning curve. Regardless, Spurs's improvement starts and endswith gettting Splitter. We blew Scola. Hopefully not again.