PDA

View Full Version : orlando

boston.balla
05-13-2010, 03:38 AM
Damm these guys are 28-3 since the end of february. I sincerely don't understand why people overlook them so much, this is just an insane stat.

Sisk
05-13-2010, 03:54 AM
they should win it all.

Ghazi
05-13-2010, 04:22 AM
how does this team matchup v the Lakers? I still have visions of Howard getting outclassed by Gasol... but their backcourt is much improved this year whereas the Lakers are more or less the same team save a swap of small forwards.

Muser
05-13-2010, 04:47 AM
I have a feeling that Boston could beat them in 7 games, Cleveland would struggle.

Giuseppe
05-13-2010, 06:19 AM
Unless they win the last game played next month it's a meaningless stat.

Rivers & Bryant know this. Learned it, first hand.

mystargtr34
05-13-2010, 07:14 AM
I think Cleveland and LA would beat them. The Lakers just torch teams with undersized 4's like a Lewis who don't defend or rebound. a) Because Pau punishes them on the offensive end and b) because they have the ultimate utility in Odom who has the ability to guard those sorts of guys who create nightmare mismatches against most other teams.

Not sure about Boston, even though they look like they will eliminate the Cavs. I think that would be a tight series, maybe Magic in 7. With the Cavs, it comes down to matchups, Shaq pretty much neutralizes Howard, taking him from the 30-15 dominant force he was against the Cavs last season, to an 18-10 All-Star - and that would probably be the difference between losing in 6 (last season) and winning the series. Not to mention Lewis torched the Cavs last season because Varejao couldnt guard him on the perimeter. Jamison, even though hes not renowned for his D, could stay with him on the perimeter and turn him into a jump shooter.

picc84
05-13-2010, 09:06 AM
If Flopajao can't guard someone, how the hell is Jamison going to? :lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-13-2010, 09:10 AM
i find them boring

JamStone
05-13-2010, 09:34 AM
They've really been playing great, but I would guess that it's because their superstar is a center with no post moves, their highest paid player is the third best player, their main perimeter guy is a nonchalant and disinterested talent who never reached his potential because he didn't care enough, and they're coached by the Master of Panic.

At least I would assume that's the perception. But they've been blowing out mothafuckaz so they're really no joke and should get more respect for the way they've been playing for a while now.

NBAfan83
05-13-2010, 09:39 AM
If orlando makes it to the finals nba is looking at the lowest tv ratings ever. Orlando is just a snoozefest to watch.

ffadicted
05-13-2010, 10:13 AM
lol @ anyone who thinks cleveland would take a best of seven against the magic right now. Get a grip people.

Orlando will curbstomp anybody not named the Lakers. If its magic - lakers in the finals, I'd still take magic in 6 or 7

Giuseppe
05-13-2010, 10:37 AM
lol @ anyone who thinks cleveland would take a best of seven against the magic right now. Get a grip people.

But, that Cleveland team would've had to end the Celtics to get to the Magic. That's gonna take some doing. That ain't gonna happen by accident.

TheRealCB
05-13-2010, 10:41 AM
But, that Cleveland team would've had to end the Celtics to get to the Magic. That's gonna take some doing. That ain't gonna happen by accident.

Sup culby,when did you decide to become a good poster instead of a troll??

Props to you,son:toast

Giuseppe
05-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Sup culby,when did you decide to become a good poster instead of a troll??

Props to you,son:toast

I do both equally well.:toast

The Gemini Method
05-13-2010, 10:52 AM
I would say the Lakers/Magic re-match would be one that could be epic. During the regular season (if you believe in such correlation...) the two match-ups were similar in that the Lakers' victory was controlled for a majority of that game and the Magic' victory was controlled by Orlando except for a late charge by the Lakers that made it a 96-94 victory for the home team Magic.

TheRealCB
05-13-2010, 11:39 AM
I do both equally well.:toast

That's great son,that tee,hee thing was getting really annoying:toast

MateoNeygro
05-13-2010, 11:51 AM
They are in beast-mode right now. We'll see though, Lakers can take them in a 7 game series.

lefty
05-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Damm these guys are 28-3 since the end of february. I sincerely don't understand why people overlook them so much, this is just an insane stat.
including their last 8 vs Charlotte and Atlanta

But 20-3 is still good

TheRealCB
05-13-2010, 01:04 PM
including their last 8 vs Charlotte and Atlanta

But 20-3 is still good

Yeah play-off wins shouldn't count for a teams record over the last 3 months..

scampers
05-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah play-off wins shouldn't count for a teams record over the last 3 months..

Why not? It's just a cold hard fact. They've played 31 games and won 28 of them.

j.dizzle
05-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Orl is a very good team, they play good D & pass very well to get their players good looks from three. On that note, I still dont trust Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis & Vince Carter hahaha...Jameer Nelson is their most consistent player in these playoffs.

lefty
05-13-2010, 02:01 PM
We'll see how Orlando will handle Dwight Howard's foul trouble situations against good teams.
Not to mention his technical fouls.

Don't get me wrong, Orlando is a legitimate contender and I enjoy watching them play, but htey have yet to be tested in this year's playoffs.

DJ Mbenga
05-13-2010, 02:44 PM
VC still comes up small against elite teams. howard wont face midgets with the remaining teams. boston can throw perkins at him(who dwight says defends him the best) cavs-shaq etc. lakers -bynum, gasol.

bostonguy
05-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Don't get me wrong, Orlando is a legitimate contender and I enjoy watching them play, but htey have yet to be tested in this year's playoffs.

This.

boutons_deux
05-13-2010, 03:21 PM
they paid their playoff dues these past couple years, they could take the EC this year.

phxspurfan
05-13-2010, 03:49 PM
They're sharper than a skeetle's needle.